BrianSGermain

"The Parachute and its Pilot" Book

Hey Brian,
I did receive your book and when I opened the cover and started to read it, I could not put it down until I finished it. I took that thing everywhere I went just in case I would have a few extra min. to read more more more. Thanks Brian for all the good tips on canopy flying and life in general, Great job.

I read the First Edition and am reading the new one now.. more input to follow.. but its a good read Brian.

I think anyone can learn someting in there... and it might keep some new pilots or some old ones.. from getting into doing stupid canopy pilot tricks.

Brian,working on reading it.Alot of the first half I knew already from my NASA intro to aerodynamics class.Of course the most important test pilot info you taught me!(Is this area covered enough?)This basic material should be required reading for "All Canopy Pilots" regardless of experience level.My only gripe so far are the mentions of "Airlocks"(selling reasons?)and your ability pat yourself on the back too much?Is that really important to "Getting the needed information out to who might need it"?Again,nothing personal,I am enjoying your book.As Always being honest.

I that particular chapter, I tried to objectively tell the story of the evolution of the parachute. One step in that process is airlocks. I do continue to believe in this design, but tried to remain factual and neutral in my representations and descriptions. That was a really hard thing to do, considering I believe so firmly in the safety implications.

It's hard to keep my mouth shut when safety is on the line.
Instructional Videos:www.AdventureWisdom.com
Keynote Speaking:www.TranscendingFEAR.com
Canopies and Courses:www.BIGAIRSPORTZ.com

Great information. Can't wait to try the max speed rear riser barrel rolls;). The skydiving world needed something like this and now we have it.

Now for the critisizm...

A bit hokey from the ying/yang, good force/bad force, west religion kinda thing. The content is excellent however the delivery could be a lot more refined (IMHO). I don't like to read the first paragraph of anything a find grammer/spelling mistakes.

The product could be easily polished with thorough editing. Why not take this extra time with something that reflects so much time and effort already.

Brain, thanks for the information and knowledge. Keep it up.

Never Give up! Never Surrender!

Actually, the second printing is the fully edited version. I knew there were still some errors this time, but I felt the need to get it out there as quickly as possible. We also redrew the diagrams properly.

As for the philosophical stuff, think of it as broccolli: it's good for you...
Instructional Videos:www.AdventureWisdom.com
Keynote Speaking:www.TranscendingFEAR.com
Canopies and Courses:www.BIGAIRSPORTZ.com

I don't like to read the first paragraph of anything a find grammer/spelling mistakes......

Sorry dude, couldn't resist....

Maybe a Freudian slip though, and I won't take offense;)

I don't like to read the first paragraph of anything a find grammer/spelling mistakes......

Sorry dude, couldn't resist....

You forgot...

Now for the critisizm...

"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click