johan

Atair Onyx

Atair seems to have the Onyx at the market http://www.extremefly.com/aerodynamics/canopies/onyx.html
Any experience of it out there ??

Im currently flying a Cobalt Comp 105 and love it so any news from Atair is interesting.

Show life respect, in every aspect... Dont kill the fly...

That's true, The VX does list for $2500 and sell for 1900, so the Onyx is probably going to end up being the same sort of deal. I've heard from a couple people I trust who are familiar with it that it's not ready yet, but who knows. One way or the other, I'm not ready for it either, so this is academic anyway.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Anybody wanna bet I can't get a demo of a 105 in less than 30 days? I've had what I would call horrible luck getting demos of the canopies I want to jump from Atair, they'll have a chance to redeem themselves when I call (again) tomorrow.

Tell you what Chuck-

If I can get one by the PCB swoop festival, I'll buy you a slot for some bird-man coaching. I want a 120 also. If they'll let me have a demo of a 105 and a 120 for 30 days, within 30 days (without charging me more than $60), I'll buy you three regular slots wherever I see you next.

on a closely related topic...
Are you a Sigma Tandem Examiner?

Edit:10:44 am PST -How are you supposed to send a potential customer a new hotness product when you don't or won't pay someone to answer the phone during normal business hours? I left a longish message and expect no reply based on my previous experience with Dan & Co.

we are not putting out demo's of the onyx at the moment. we are already booked on orders for the onyx sight unseen. once all orders are filled we will complete a demo fleet.

demo cobalts and comp cobalts: we have at least 2 of every size.

sincerely,

dan
atair aerodynamics
www.extremefly.com
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

Bulls@!t you do not -(or prove me wrong and send a competition cobalt 120 to Skydive Oregon at your earliest convenience).

I feel like I have tried to get a demo for one and failed, because a demo of anything bigger than a 105 does not exist. Isn't that possible? Of course it is. Atair was unwilling to make me one because they did not have the confidence that I would buy it if I liked it, and that's fine. You clearly now do not have either the resources or confidence to make me a demo canopy. Isn't that also possible?

I am ready to buy the best high performance canopy in the world -today. Please convince me that this canopy is an ONYX by sending me a demo. If that is too much to ask, I feel bad; bad about your arrogance. I understand you put on a really good show at the PIA symposium, good for you and your company.

I bought my Xaos 21 from the nice folks at Precision because they were so easy to work with, and the price (50% off retail) was great. Why are you so hard to work with?

Well, I'm just a kid who likes fast canopies, I only have four years in the sport. What the hell do I know anyway, right?

Ramon,

I would love to jump your 105, and I will!

See how easy that is, Dan?

Ramon has a canopy, and he want's me to jump it. He is willing to convince me that a competition cobalt is a good canopy. I bet he won't even charge me anything out of the goodness of his heart?!

God Bless America

That's peculiar.:|
I got my demo right when they said so, and was told how long it was available for, which was perfect.( I live in Lancaster, PA. / not too far from their N.Y.C. Location/shipping)
November may not be a hard time to get the demos.
I can't wait to try a Comp. Cobalt but, I have to wait until the worry of going on strike for my Co. is past.
-"Grant in Amish Country/PA"

Actually I am jumping the canopy for Atair. If I am somewhere and someone would like to try a 105 comp Cobalt and I feel their skill level will compliment their loading, then they are my guest.

If you want to try one for an extended period of time or want a different size, try calling Atair and sending them the form. I have no information on the Onyx, but I think they should be able to send you a comp. cob. in the size you want.

Surf is up today buddy.....

ramon
"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

You know life is way too short to have a temper such as you have. I have been flying Atair canopies for about four years and before that I was flying an Alpha. Sometimes you reach people at the wrong times and in the wrong moods.
I am now an unsolicited pilot for Atair as well as a good friend to Dan and all the employees in NY and Slovenia. I have performed test jumps on the Onyx and much like every other new canopy that comes on the market it takes time to spool up production.
If you are that interested in a demo I suggest you keep trying with a little patience and tact. I know when I was trying to demo a VX that I got sent all over the US from one dealer to the next then finally got a DZ manager that was a dealer to send me his personal VX to jump for two weeks. Then when I tried to demo a velocity, I was on a waiting list for two months.
So just out of kindness don't try and blame one person or company, everyone has the right to have their bad days.

Bryan Moffett

Give one good reason why they should to : retool/enginer for a large size that they don't make, of course in the colors you want. They provide a fleet of their of other canopies. They were premade, out ugly colors ( iam guessing) in the time they could spare from building the paying costumers production runs. Humm, service the cutomer who has paid or delay their orders or jump through hoops.Humm

Hutch master rigger