47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I just received an email that in a news interview that Geoffry Grey claimed there was a handwritten NOTE Cooper left behind.

I think she must be wrong unless this is something the FBI had in their files and has kept secret.

Does anyone know what this woman is talking about? Remember what we get in the SOUTH is not what you guys get.
Did she just misunderstand or is this REAL?

If this is true - it will have prints and DNA all over it.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

As i said , i already knew the answer , i read that thread long ago and find it very eyeopening , even more so today.
In one post there you talk about a mouse and how tina seen him off with the word of god etc .. and yet you lambast anyone who dares mention tina and all the while covet a meeting with her yourself.

Would it surprise you that I knew how to reach Tina for yrs! I had her contact information for yrs - as early as 2003, but it was much easier to pretend I had NO knowledge of her whereabouts or exactly what is happening in her world right now would have happened back then.

I have more compassion for those who have been harmed by the media because I know who it affects you life and your relationships.

I spoke with Tina many yrs ago and that one short conversation was all I needed to know she needed NO intrusions into her life. She called me out of consideration for what I was going thru and I have never forgot it. This is when "He was a very Sad Man" came to be. Not thru the FBI but thru a conversation between Tina and I.
An expression Agent Carr included into the FBI site, but as far as I know I am the only person she ever said this to.

Outside of the above the rest of the short and sweet conversation is very private. It was easier for me to lie about knowing where Tina was - that way people were NOT badgering me for the information. I do not have the stomach to confront individuals I feel have been harmed by this whole Cooper thing - because I also have been harm (be it Duane was Cooper or not).

His telling me he was Dan Coooper and all of the other stuff I didn't need to know. Perhaps it was because I did NOT question him about his past. Yesterday was dead and gone. I wish I had listened more to what he was telling me.
I wish that those last 4 yrs I had let him open up to me - but, I didn't want to know. What he did tell me was scary - maybe it was a self defense mechanism with in me that just didn't want to know bad things about the man I loved. Maybe I felt the things he was telling me were unbelievable - I don't know. I know I closed my mind because what I did learn and what I did know scared the hell out of me.

Even my Uncle who met Duane told the family back home - "Jo is married to Mafia" . I never knew of this until Duane had died, but my Uncle heard something or saw something in Duane that only his yrs of experience in the military could sense. Duane and I had picked them up at the airport for my parents 50th anniversary.

I can't remember what my uncle and Duane talked about - I only know what was said in the car on the 30 mile ride to my parents home.

People in glass houses etc

Point of order: The official wanted poster on the hijacker mentions 'possibly from Midwest section of US.' Get real. The hijacker was homegrown, born and bred in the good old USA. If he were a foreigner, the FBI would have figured that out pretty quick. And so would the stews.

*Conspiracy Theory Alert*

Uh, Blevins? The smileys were a subtle hint that I wasn't being serious. The point actually being that that theory is no more ridiculous than some of the ones we see proposed here.

And I might remind you that there have been cases of plants (remember when Russia was the enemy?) that no-one picked up on for years, even in jobs that required security vetting. May even still be some out there.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Very few people have talked to Tina . She is will protected and no one on this forum has talked to her but one. The botom line is that if a true picture shows up of the actual perpitrator of this crime she and one other can Identify Him . There has been No one as of this date that has been shown to her that she has Identified. Bottom Line However she has not been shown a few. . Wake up Guys she is not Blind If she reconized a person shown on TV she would Let them Know. She Has Not. And She has not Identified Dale Cooper. Jerry

Thanks Jerry , i'm actually reading back in the 700's on the suggestion of EVickiW as Id asked about Mel. I have to say chucking 200k and the plates into a river would give most anyone a grudge and that stopped me in my tracks.That's a huge coincidence , a real showstopper.A couple of the pictures and two in particular are eyeopeners,can't help but like ol'Mel as a possible and no mistake.

Point of order: The official wanted poster on the hijacker mentions 'possibly from Midwest section of US.' Get real. The hijacker was homegrown, born and bred in the good old USA. If he were a foreigner, the FBI would have figured that out pretty quick. And so would the stews.

*Conspiracy Theory Alert*

Uh, Blevins? The smileys were a subtle hint that I wasn't being serious. The point actually being that that theory is no more ridiculous than some of the ones we see proposed here.

And I might remind you that there have been cases of plants (remember when Russia was the enemy?) that no-one picked up on for years, even in jobs that required security vetting. May even still be some out there.

OK - I give up!

What kind of wanted poster should the FBI have
issued - would pass Blevin's (and your) acid test?

Any cricitisms about the typewriters: IBM
vs Olivetti during that period ?

Toilet paper supplied by Baker Co. in the Madison
hallway john. ?

Cigarettes sold for a quarter in the commisary and at VA?

J. Edgar's eyebrows ?

Let's have it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !

Georger.... It was a J-O-K-E.

are you sure?

Blevins evidently finds something suspicious and
obtuse about "midwestern" in the FBI poster. If
that's not what he's saying then what is he saying?

I fail to see the joke unless everything this guy
says is a joke ?

What in hell IS he saying? Just lonley with nothing
else to do?

Georger.... It was a J-O-K-E.

It is OK Orange1.....no-one gets my jokes either. :(

Well, except for Farflung. He is one sensitive and funny little monkey. :)

OMG....and he is cool and hunky too. How could I forget that part.

(for Jo: OMG-Oh My Gosh)
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

RoberetMBlevins analyzes weather with:

“I don't know about the weather part, though. Aleutians or Minneapolis, maybe it's the same. I'll take your word on it.”

Why take my word when a quick look at the plethora of weather steeped web sites is available (which I provided in my previous post)? With nothing more than internet access and a keyboard and a thirst for knowledge I can review the temperatures recorded and averaged and make that comparison.

Here’s a spoiler….it’s colder four months out of the year in Minneapolis.

In fact the attachment is an example of just such an activity. I like to verify as much as I can, as easily as I can for a cross check. That way someone won’t feed my burning bias to establish a Dan Cooper comic book lying around a Shemya dayroom years before the character was even conceived.

Shemya is a miserable place without the hyperbole of blizzard like snow storms and waves mercilessly crashing and lashing the shore as if nature was punishing the inhabitants for being so very, very naughty.

I did this just monkeying around but I was just looking for data and not an answer that matches a pre-plotted curve. That may be where I stumble on this dry, un-emotive information.

Robert Blevins, below are the quotes from one of you posts and it really is DEAD on.

Blevins Stated:

'I had a vision of Galen Cook reading those articles and then putting his hands over his face:

'OMG...how the hell did I get mixed up with this guy..."

I see now I may have been a bit hard on Cook. At least he's polite.

Bruce's methods are the problem, not his efforts to interview these people. But what he is doing is making sure NONE of them will ever speak to him again...and maybe no one else either. That is my main objection to his methods. He is so excited by the possibility of working with these folks that he forgets there are rules, and one of them is courtesy, and another is PATIENCE. He just does so many things wrong in these interview attempts. One of them is using the upcoming release of Geoff Gray's book in a cheap bid to extort cooperation from the Dormuths'"

Mr. Blevins - WELL, said! Loved the part about Cook covering his eyes - but, you might be surprised to find Cook is very capable of pulling some capers himself. He is often the instigator behind the actions of others. Smile, you are on Camera!

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Farflung writes:

...this dry, un-emotive information.

That stuff doesn't get much attention here. Sounds too much like factual evidence.

Bruce did raise a provocative point that got no responsive comments. He pondered whether Gray was cleverly escalating Cooper news such as Marla's story to prime the market for his book. I doubt very much whether he has that much influence but it is a nice coincidence for Gray that DBC is front page news right around book release time.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I noticed that inference in Bruce’s post but don’t think Gray would do that or needs to.

This is a round number anniversary (40th) so it will bring out a higher than normal group of people with information I presume. Clearly we all love a mystery. But much like ‘Deep Throat’ from Watergate fame, I imagine the answer will be just a pedestrian as some retired civil servant living in Santa Rosa.

He was just pissed off that he didn’t get promoted to Director of the FBI. Those were some big ‘Sling-back Stilettos’ he was trying to fill and the green eyed monster has little to do with honor.

Much like the Watergate break in, the latest Cooper story appears to be borne from a series of geometrically reproducing misstatements.

Some freelance journalist is tasked to write about Cooper for our British colleagues and begins a tour of the PNW. He forgets 25% of the flight crew and quotes something from the FBI regarding a new lead.

Thanks to a lack of earthquakes, Libyan defiance or sexual misconduct in the halls of congress this story is picked up and the new lead is bred in a captive environment into a strong suspect with resolution on the horizon.

With the Earth still standing still, Quadaffi sequestered and congressmen keeping it zipped up, the niece becomes the natural focal point of this decades long perfidy.

Now the news machinery plucks the low hanging fruit in the form of the latest person to write a book on the subject. Gray is quoted as a Cooper expert and actually responds to questions about Marla with answers as succinct as – Bullshit. If he was milking this for the benefit of his book then he is an abject failure and should stick to traditional marketing techniques.

His book has had a measured, logical and yes I’ll add ethical cadence associated with the pending release. He is not taking advantage of this situation as much as he could have and others are most certainly trying to take advantage of this latest news event.

I went to bed really early last night (been busy all weekend with preparations for the upcoming slideshows and other stuff) and when I got up this morning I had a few thoughts on Bruce Smith - and his series of ridiculous 'Hunt for Tina' Junk.

Well, that's what I call it, anyway. IMHO they are nothing but the records of his stalking efforts on Tina and the Dormuth family. I had a vision of Galen Cook reading those articles and then putting his hands over his face:

'OMG...how the hell did I get mixed up with this guy..."

I see now I may have been a bit hard on Cook. At least he's polite.

Bruce's methods are the problem, not his efforts to interview these people. But what he is doing is making sure NONE of them will ever speak to him again...and maybe no one else either. That is my main objection to his methods. He is so excited by the possibility of working with these folks that he forgets there are rules, and one of them is courtesy, and another is PATIENCE. He just does so many things wrong in these interview attempts. One of them is using the upcoming release of Geoff Gray's book in a cheap bid to extort cooperation from the Dormuths':

He kept retreating but I kept talking.

“It’s all going to change in about two weeks, Lee,” I said.

Then he paused. Slowly, he came back out as I continued speaking.

“Geoff Gray’s book is coming out August 8th and it’s the first major book on Cooper by a professional writer. It’s a comprehensive piece about the case and it’s gonna have Tina’s address in it and the whole world is going to know. In fact, her whereabouts is already on the Internet..."

Another is posing questions to Mr Dormuth like 'why do you think Tina disappeared for 20 years?' or asking if she had a nervous breakdown in 1979 and is that why she entered the nunnery. These are ridiculous questions, personal questions that have nothing to do with the events of November 24, 1971. They are Post-Hijacking questions, as it were, and none of his business. You don't cold-call people you've never met and ask them family stuff like this.

The festival staff for Auburn Good Ol' Days have also seen these articles. They came to the same conclusions I did: It's stalking and little else. I told them I didn't care if Smith showed up to any of the slideshows, but I wasn't going to speak to him and they should not allow him to cause a scene at the Theatre.

I don't like it that Smith made ugly personal comments about the Dormuths' when he couldn't force them to sign on with him to be their 'press agent'.

Here's another quote from his article, posted under Fair Use rules:

“Tell me what you know and help me get in touch with Tina. In return I’ll be your family’s press agent. I’ll even work for free, Lee. So, whenever someone calls – the TV stations or another reporter, you don’t have to say anything – you just tell them to call me – ‘Sorry, you’ll have to call Bruce, he’s handling all of these inquires. He’s our press agent and you can call him at, blah, blah, blah’ I said in a sing-songy voice. “Lee, that’s all you have to do.”

“No, that’s not going to happen,” Lee said matter-of-factly.

“But it’s a good deal, Lee. I’ll work for free – how can you turn down free?”

“No, no really. I don’t want to be part of any of it…any more.”

He closed the door a third time and was gone.

Third time was the charm, I guess.

Well, I know where the Dormuths' live, too. So I decided on a different approach. I sent them a really nice letter and a copy of Blast. This letter does not insult them, or put any pressure on them to see me. It just IS. I asked permission to send them a series of photographs and copies of documents, and then later....when THEY feel the time is right...perhaps THEY could approach Tina about it and maybe she will take a look. Trust me, that's the only thing you can do in this case. I made some apologies for people like Bruce Smith in that letter.

I don't have a degree in journalism, but I've been doing interviews since 1982, starting with inmates who were serving long-term, life-without sentences. And I have nearly 500 illustrated articles posted to my column over at Newsvine/MSNBC. That is a record for the site, as far as illustrated articles. Many of them ARE interviews, such as the ones I did with people when they were searching for Steve Fossett.

I always get pretty good results by following a couple of rules: You don't get personal, you exhibit courtesy and patience. This works best. Bruce's methods are more like a pit bull who has been on the chain too long and then finally breaks free.

In other words, look out.

There is a well known photo of Jerry Thomas that
looks just like your new avatar: the MacArthur pose.

No doubt about whose photo came first! You werent born yet.

Will the MacArthur 'visionary pose' improve your
credibility and sales? Are you a General now, in
addition to being a visionary and moral guiding light
armoured with the conviction that are some things in
life not worth knowing about?

What's your take on the Battle of Jerico ?

I'd decided to only watch from afar here but I'd earlier exchanged a few PM's with some folks and mentioned I had a book with some pics of Braden circa 1966 but that my scanner was down.

Well, she's back up so here is a page courtesy of "SOG: Team History and Insignia of a Clandestine Army," by Jason Hardy and Michael Tucker, MilSpec Publishing.

To me, Braden has a pretty serious receding hairline that has his hair covering mostly the back half of his head; he has a little tuft of hair just above his forehead.

I'd think his hair would've gotten worse five years later.

I don't have an informed opinion either way with regard to DBC but you guys can discuss.

I'd decided to only watch from afar here but

....but ...we have another one sucked in!

If I had a dollar for every time someone said something similar, why I'd...I'd ....have as many dollars as DB Cooper :D

....but ...we have another one sucked in!

No, really. Unless...no, I can't. I have to take it to the grave.

Well, I guess I can't take it with me.

My mechanic's ex-wife's former next door neighbor knows a guy who said he heard an ex-con tell a priest that he knew a guy who always greeted people with "Hi Jack!" and then noticed he had a set of Cooper tires on his car.

Should I call the Seattle office of the FBI?

I'd decided to only watch from afar here but I'd earlier exchanged a few PM's with some folks and mentioned I had a book with some pics of Braden circa 1966 but that my scanner was down.

Well, she's back up so here is a page courtesy of "SOG: Team History and Insignia of a Clandestine Army," by Jason Hardy and Michael Tucker, MilSpec Publishing.

To me, Braden has a pretty serious receding hairline that has his hair covering mostly the back half of his head; he has a little tuft of hair just above his forehead.

I don't have an informed opinion either way with regard to DBC but you guys can discuss.

eye color: blue ?

but...but...but... couldn't you get hair restorer via mail order in those days? :P

Seriously, I think you have a good point on the hair. 377, did we ever see pics of Braden from then? Georger would have picked up on the hair issue for sure?

ExBlue, the sleuthing very welcome... (can you find Mel?)

To me, Braden has a pretty serious receding hairline

Surprised no one but me remembers, esp 377
who went through this .......... may I present Ole
Blue Eyes, Ted Braden, or for the UFologists Smith
and Blevins, Braden the Alien who landed on
Shemya in 1952 in his fit'far'tu'tok cruiser IVb.
Blue is yellow in Cantalopean.

Brings back memories for Farflung.

I am new to this forum, but not sky-diving. I have read many posts and find that one of the best is Jim Hoopers well written assessment. Wuffos should stay in the background, because they have nothing to offer, unless perhaps a question. Hooper also ran one of the most successful sky-diving operations in the world at Z-Hills and I feel fortunate to have spent a winter there. Dick Clark D-884