47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Georger says in part:

'First ‘known fact’ is that one scorching hot stewardess named Tina, was witness to the opening of the stairs for the eloquent reason that she was the one that opened them...'

Are you absolutely sure on this? I thought she only SHOWED him how to open the stairs. She said the last thing she saw before closing the curtain between First Class and coach was Cooper putting on a chute and tying something around his waist. Don't you think he would have done this BEFORE opening the stairs?

That is not meant as a smart-ass question. It's a serious question.

It was Farflung who you quote above - not me, if
you are asking me.

Robert99: The aircraft was navigated as a normal plane would have in the same situation. The question to you, Robert, is how did DB know when to jump if he was not looking for the glow in the clouds over Vancouver and Portland? His navigation was without VORTAC receivers so again if you are so smart, how did DB know when to jump?

Bob

Sailshaw, It is very simple. Cooper would know to jump when he got to the end of the steps.

He wouldn't try to jump from half-way up the steps. So when he got to the end of the steps there was only one thing left to do. Jump!

Of course, Cooper didn't know exactly where he was geographically. Maybe to within 20 or 30 miles.

Robert Nicholson

Im going to stick my neck out and ask:
"how does he know anything ... to within 20 or
30 miles ... IF he literally does not know anything" ?

Anything is anything! (or, does anything actually
escape from a black hole? Do black holes
eventuallycollapse? Hawking says they do.)

;)

Georger, I'll yield the points to both you and Dr. Hawking.

What I was trying to say is that Cooper didn't know precisely where the aircraft was and didn't have any means to determine its position with any degree of accuracy.

So when he jumped, with the weather being what it was, it was basically just a matter of walking down to the last step on the stairs and then taking another step. No need to hang around hoping that he could spot something familiar through a break in the clouds.

And Cooper could only hope that there was solid ground down there somewhere and not the Pacific Ocean as Rataczak had suggested.

Himmelsbach was right in saying that Cooper had guts. That jump was a leap of faith in more ways than one.

Robert Nicholson

Robert99: The aircraft was navigated as a normal plane would have in the same situation. The question to you, Robert, is how did DB know when to jump if he was not looking for the glow in the clouds over Vancouver and Portland? His navigation was without VORTAC receivers so again if you are so smart, how did DB know when to jump?

Bob

Sailshaw, It is very simple. Cooper would know to jump when he got to the end of the steps.

He wouldn't try to jump from half-way up the steps. So when he got to the end of the steps there was only one thing left to do. Jump!

Of course, Cooper didn't know exactly where he was geographically. Maybe to within 20 or 30 miles.

Robert Nicholson

Im going to stick my neck out and ask:
"how does he know anything ... to within 20 or
30 miles ... IF he literally does not know anything" ?

Anything is anything! (or, does anything actually
escape from a black hole? Do black holes
eventuallycollapse? Hawking says they do.)

;)

Georger, I'll yield the points to both you and Dr. Hawking.

What I was trying to say is that Cooper didn't know precisely where the aircraft was and didn't have any means to determine its position with any degree of accuracy.

So when he jumped, with the weather being what it was, it was basically just a matter of walking down to the last step on the stairs and then taking another step. No need to hang around hoping that he could spot something familiar through a break in the clouds.

And Cooper could only hope that there was solid ground down there somewhere and not the Pacific Ocean as Rataczak had suggested.

Himmelsbach was right in saying that Cooper had guts. That jump was a leap of faith in more ways than one.

Robert Nicholson

Thanks Robert99. I dont even begin to compare with
Mr. Hawking. That said I am searching for some files
to come back with. In the meantime here is this
from 1990 data, pub 1996-97. Its the sky pollution
map for 1990-96 in the area of Vancouver-Portland
taken in the Vband which is at ~5800 angstroms (yel
green).

What Im searching for is 1970s data which would
have been a diminished version of the attached.
One comment I have run across (from the light
pollution guys) is a note for Portland saying: 'the
urban centre was under severe decay in 1970 with
rapid suburban outgrowth and expected sky light
effects. The first generation of Velux lamps were
installed which had a dramatic negative effect.' -
whatever that means..

Let me work on this a bit before saying more.

Farflung should be able to speak to this directly with
what is seen at 10k feet under varying conditions?

Thanks Robt. Hope all is well there.
G.

Robert Nicholson

I believe Cooper knew about where he would be landing simply by the minutes from take-off. He knew how long it would take that plane to be south of Lake Merwin. I am sure he could not account for wind so if he had a target he was off - but, he made sure he jumped in an area he would be able to move swiftly through and an area he knew well.

Duane Weber knew those area above Lake Merwin and South to OR. How do I know this? Because of the places he took me and the things he showed me - he knew were every airstrip, cemetary, gravel pit, lake, lighted towers and the VOR was.
He knew the tracks and cottages and Power lines and Pipe Line. He had every land mark noted in his brain....he didn't even need a map. Dumb Luck he survived, but he did. I believe he landed somewhat North of what he intended, but that did NOT deter his escape...he knew how to get out without being spotted and by changing clothes at that tower with something left there by workers - he blended in.

He showed me the Orchards area and I now know after my Oct 2010 trip that he took me NORTH of Battleground and the "towers" I had been looking for were around or above the Heisson area - the land was flat and not hilly when he pulled into the wood and told me about the tower that you could see for miles. It was after this he mentions a road if we stayed on it would take us to Battleground and this is why in 1979 I thought we had to be below Battleground but we were actually above battelground (because he took me to what I now know to be the old orginal Battleground and not Battleground as the general public knows it today). NO one showed me this in 2001 when I was out there...I accidentally found this myself riding around and then I went West and ended up in the Battleground of today and then went to Meadow Glade to where the VOR was he showed me.

I remembered the statement he made about the power lines - and pipelines. "Before all of the undergrowth you could walk for miles - and they all intersect (pointing SE) and from there they go down to the Columbia"

Also remember that before we left the area he took me to OR on the trip and went along the South side of the Columbia and went past Trout Industrial and this is when he pointed out a tresel and told me there was a marina on the other side that we could not see - then came the boat story and that "they" let it loose at full throttle right across from the airport.

This is what the 2010 trip did was allow me to be behind the wheel of a car and even with the developement I move from these place in no time and using old maps was able to filter out of my mind the developement. That trip only reaffirmed to me what he showed me in 1979.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I could never find where exactly this tower with the light was. All I know about this is we pulled onto a dirt Road and drove up to a clearing in the woods...in 1979.

He sits there and says out loud to himself that this it must have been the road before this one.
Then he seems to "get" it and points out an area on my left where there had been a shed he buried something behind on time and there used to be a tower there (did NOT say what kind of tower). He did say that you could see the light on top of it miles away. He then pointed to our left at about 10:30 on the clock and showed me a line of tree that was lower than the rest and told me there used to be a logging road there that went all the way to the tracks and why I was told on the 2010 trip I had to have been in the Heisson area in 1979. I still do NOT REALLY know where these tower were, but they were definitely East of the the railroad tracks.

So to me this means he either landed West to and or North of the Tracks and used those to get to this tower whose light he was able to see when he was on the ground....that light was his beacon and where he probably spent his first night. With a change of clothes from the shed and being able to bury his burden he was able to hike out of there quickly or make contact with his accomplice and let them know where to find him (I still believe there was someone with him and they used Walky Talkies.

If Cooper REALLY went into the bathroom on the plane while they were on the ground in Seattle he was probably talking to a party right there in the terminal or parking lot or near the airport where the plane landed....this would explain the SEA TAC parking ticket he had.

The FBI tried playing games with him on the ground in Seattle. He knows they have snipers out there who would love nothing better than to blow his head off. He finally gets the money, the fuel, and the parachutes. I'm pretty sure by the time they took off from SeaTac he was relieved and only wanted to get off that aircraft ASAP with the money.

I you really believe that KC was that gutsy - you gotta be kidding!

My personal belief is that Cooper bailed as soon as he was able to get things together, and he did it as quickly as possible. If he was local, he would know pretty much what was going past on the ground. It is not that difficult. There are the lights of the Seattle-Tacoma area, then Olympia, then the Centralia/Chehalis area. After that, it's the woods and after that...Portland. It doesn't take a brainiac to figure it out. Most criminals aren't geniuses. But sometimes they do get REALLY lucky. It happens, and in Cooper's case he rolled sevens three times in a row on a max bet.

He got lucky because he had NOTHING to loose - he had already spent most of his adult life in prisons.

It's either that, or he was killed in the jump.

Exactly and what did a 5 time felon have to loose other than his worthless life and without the medical assistance he had been told he would need within a yr or two ( got lucky and lived many yrs - by changing how he lived his life) plus the advancement in medical renal technology from 1971 to 1990. Dialysis in 1971 was a death sentence within 3 or 5 yrs - he would have been living on skidrow, because he had no health insurance.

. He knew exactly what he was getting into, and the possibility of being shot or rushed and captured, and sent to Federal prison for forty years or so.

:DAnd you actually think that KC would have risked spending 40 yrs in prison - he was NOT prison material - he would have been raped [:/]over and :(over and:( over till there was nothing left of him.
Your own words prove to the world KC was NOT Cooper. KC would NEVER risk going to prison because of his life style.

You are right about there NOT being any extensive thinking out of the crime - and it is exactly why Cooper slipped into oblivion. Also no more than one other accomplice - several accomplices means the risks of someone talking or slipping up.
This also supports a subversive action.

No. This was a homegrown job all the way. Thought up and pulled off by local boys who took the biggest chance of their lives and somehow got away with it.

:|BE REALISTIC - homegrown would have been caught and thrown in prison within days. Several guy? Several Guys do not keep secrets unless they are operatives - there was NOT enough money to split up among several men - not enough to buy silence for the rest of their lives. Home Grown and multiple individuals is ridiculous. Up until then you were on a roll.

First, what was the plan for Flight 305?

Cleared V-23, climb 10,000 feet (as quick as possible per Cooper) to Sacramento as this allowed obstacle clearance.

Squawk 3100 until he bails then flash lights and squawk 7700.

Land as soon as you are reasonably sure he jumped, Medford is suitable airport.

This all appears to be straight forward and simple (spoken like someone who was not there).

Second, what actually occurred (sort of).

After takeoff (approx 19:34) the crew needed to level at 7000 feet. Cooper could not get the door open and ‘somehow’ communicated an intermediate level off.

At 19:40 Flight 305 is passing 6500 feet and trying to get the steps down back there.

By 19:42 (8 minutes after takeoff) Some ‘fog of war’ appears. He can’t get the door down, Stew is with us, He is trying to get the door down, We have a door light.

Then 19:44 they report the stairs are down but need to hold at 7000 feet and it looks like they aren’t going to be able to climb any more.

By 19:50 the plane is climbing again through 9000 feet for assigned altitude of 10000 feet.

Third, guessing what really happened and honing revisionists writing skills.

The above happened in a span of 16 minutes. The stairs appear to have been opened 8 minutes into the event and 29 minutes before he jumped (20:11 approx).

Cooper wanted an inexplicable level off at 7000.

Cooper communicated trying to lower the stairs, level off and climb resume through some unidentified form (Tina or PA).

Cooper had a wide time window to jump, yet delayed (assumed).

The crew didn’t squawk 7700 or flash lights.

They landed at Reno, the planned destination.

(Extracted and savagely interpreted from the crew transcripts pages 15 and 69+/-, PDF from Sluggo Monster’s website)

Farflung wrote:

This is rougher than a college course but not nearly as fun as a bar exam, which I’ll be doing shortly.

Am I the only one who caught this? Is Farflung about to go to the next level of hunkiness?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

George Nuttall states in his book, page 95, that Ralph Himmelsbach (quoting the copilot) told Nuttall's research associate, Harry Grady, that the cloud cover below them in the Portland/Vancouver area was so dense that they could not see landmarks or even the glow of city lights.

Robert Nicholson

Ckret's report: (The weather: Ceiling of 5,000 feet, broken clouds at 3,500, scattered clouds at 1,500. Winds of 12 to 14 knots, light rain showers. )

So where are the reports above 5000 ft? The crew report?

George Nuttall states in his book, page 95, that Ralph Himmelsbach (quoting the copilot) told Nuttall's research associate, Harry Grady, that the cloud cover below them in the Portland/Vancouver area was so dense that they could not see landmarks or even the glow of city lights.

Robert Nicholson

Ckret's report: (The weather: Ceiling of 5,000 feet, broken clouds at 3,500, scattered clouds at 1,500. Winds of 12 to 14 knots, light rain showers. )

Georger, There is some confusion in the wording as used in Ckret's report.

I'll discuss that below but first I must make a disclaimer for Jo's sake:

Jo, I have not personally interviewed the weathermen who produced the weather report Ckret provided, I have not personally interviewed Ckret, I have not personally interviewed Himmelsbach or Rataczak or Dr. Hawking or Bozo the Clown. So you will probably discount all of the following.

Now back to business. The FAA Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge defines sky cover as follows:

1. Less than 1/8 sky cover is defined as "scattered, clear or few". [In my experience it is usually called "clear".]

2. From 1/8 to 2/8 sky cover is defined as "few".

3. From 3/8 to 4/8 sky cover is defined as "scattered".

4. From 5/8 to 7/8 sky cover is defined as "broken".

5. A 8/8 sky cover is defined as "overcast".

6. "Ceiling" is defined as the height above the earth's surface of the lowest layer of clouds, which is reported as "broken" or "overcast", or the vertical visibility into an obscuration.

Using these definitions, the "broken" clouds that Ckret reports at 3500 feet would be the "ceiling". And the "ceiling" that Ckret reports at 5000 feet would probably be listed as an "overcast".

If the weather information was available above 5000 feet, it was probably not reported by Ckret since Cooper would not be able to see the ground until he was below 5000 feet or maybe even below 3500 feet.

Overall, the cloud cover was not good for spotting a parachute jump from 10,000 feet.

Robert Nicholson

Bernie is a liar. You can send him this post and see if he gets a lawyer because I accused him publicly of being an accomplice in the sixth-biggest unsolved crime of the 20th century.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. Trust me. You said a couple of months ago that I would, that maybe you had contacted him. I can give you his address if you wish. He doesn't answer the phone, though. He's told more lies than Pinocchio, but lies can be broken and statements checked. He kind of forgot about that.

Ok, give me a contact number and address (I will NOT make it public and YOU know I am true to my word about "secret" stuff).
He might be more receptive to me because I am a woman and have a different subject. Who know? It is worth a gamble to get the truth.

If you are a true writer and journalist this would show you are truely looking for the truth and not just for a story.

I would like to hear the story from Bernie himself - remember with my having a different suspect he might be more receptive..

If you do not provide me with the number and the address then everyone will think you are hiding something. I am NOT going to mention you other than his interview on the program and to ask him to look at some pictures. Short and sweet sometimes produces more results.

I will report the results to you before they are shared - but, would appreciate being able to discuss whatever he says with you on the phone before anything is said publically. Is that FAIR? I will be honest about what he says and not add or take anything away from his verbage.

I will even offer him an airline ticket to Florida and provide him with accommodations for 2 nights. I am currently unable to travel myself due to my health.

Robert Nicholson

Georger, There is some confusion in the wording as used in Ckret's report.

I'll discuss that below but first I must make a disclaimer for Jo's sake:

Jo, I have not personally interviewed the weathermen who produced the weather report Ckret provided, I have not personally interviewed Ckret, I have not personally interviewed Himmelsbach or Rataczak or Dr. Hawking or Bozo the Clown. So you will probably discount all of the following.

Now back to business. The FAA Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge defines sky cover as follows:

1. Less than 1/8 sky cover is defined as "scattered, clear or few". [In my experience it is usually called "clear".]

2. From 1/8 to 2/8 sky cover is defined as "few".

3. From 3/8 to 4/8 sky cover is defined as "scattered".

4. From 5/8 to 7/8 sky cover is defined as "broken".

5. A 8/8 sky cover is defined as "overcast".

6. "Ceiling" is defined as the height above the earth's surface of the lowest layer of clouds, which is reported as "broken" or "overcast", or the vertical visibility into an obscuration.

Using these definitions, the "broken" clouds that Ckret reports at 3500 feet would be the "ceiling". And the "ceiling" that Ckret reports at 5000 feet would probably be listed as an "overcast".

If the weather information was available above 5000 feet, it was probably not reported by Ckret since Cooper would not be able to see the ground until he was below 5000 feet or maybe even below 3500 feet.

Overall, the cloud cover was not good for spotting a parachute jump from 10,000 feet.

Robert Nicholson

Obviously what I am after is: was it clear at 10k
feet looking down? Was it clear at 7000ft looking
down for Cooper and the crew?

I have yet to see anything which clarifies this ...
to my satisfaction.

Robert Nicholson

Georger then states:

Georger Thank you for being such a detailed researcher of records. With NO knowledge of the technical aspects of the door opening - my simple mind says they had to take the altitude down so the door could open. All of this 10,000 (that is the point at which Oxygen becomes questionable). Why Cooper demanded they stay below 10,000 - not at 10,000.

Duane showed me the over-head oxygen tanks on one of our flights - I wondered how he knew this, but in those days I had NO knowledge of Cooper other than the trip to WA and knew NO details about the crime when I called the FBI in 1996.

I have had quiet an education in these past 15 yrs - but retaining some of the details to defend my story are difficult for me. Thank You for a post that gave me a "memory charge" regarding things I told the FBI.

:)
You are assuming a lot of things. I have never been on a flight that was socked in from take-off to landing. I have had flights cancelled because of such weather. IF the weather is as YOU stated from Seattle to Portland - NO flights would have been in the sky by todays standards. In Ohio in July of 2007 I sat in the airport for 4 hours because of such an experience with the weather (it was socked in) and then had to spent that night in the ATL airport on a bench because I missed the Atl Connection...NO rooms available in the area because of the weather and delayed flights.

Cloud cover was NOT consistent from Seattle to Portland. Take yourself to WA and sit down in the archives of the newpapers from 1971 - check the weather reports for every area and what the paper said the following day about the weather.

Secondly - pickup your phone and call the few people left alive who can disprove your generalized statements. You expect pilots, jumpers and the general population to BELIEVE your every word when you did NOT actually talk to the people and to the witnesses nor pull all weather report for each area.. It is all he said or she said or he wrote or he told.

FACTS please! You are doing nothing but probagating MORE untruths - WHY? WHAT is your motive (I won't be alive when it is revealed, but at least I will have said my 2 cents worth).

You are using second and third hand information and on down the chain. I personally will attest to the changing of information by relay. I have been "quoted" as saying this or that when in reality the writers changed verbage to make for a "better" story. Writers and jounalist have been doing this forever and ever.
You are taking ONE report generated in one region and applying it to the entire flight.

GUYS - I have a question. How many times have you guys flown with the cover being consistent from Seattle to Portland with heights BELOW 10,000? Cooper demanded they keep the plane below 10K because of the oxygen. They had to go even lower for the Aft Stair well to open and remain open. I suggest anyone who makes these statements to sit down with individuals who have flown a 727 with UNMODIFIED aft stair ways down.

Right now I only know ONE person who has done that is still alive to tell the story.

Georger Stated:
Obviously what I am after is: was it clear at 10k
feet looking down? Was it clear at 7000ft looking
down for Cooper and the crew?

I have yet to see anything which clarifies this ...
to my satisfaction.

:)I believe I can arrange this and it might be better if you meet inperson. You know my private email address: [email protected].

I still do NOT know what your interest is in this case or your motive, but for some WEIRD reason I do think you would report what this person has to say without bias...and that you would use "exact" quotes. How much this person's memory has been impaired with all of the dfferent stories told over the last 40 yrs - you would have to judge that for yourself on a face to face.

Since you are NOT obstenatious like some of the others are nor do you have a subject - I believe a meeting between the 2 of you would prove beneficial in bringing this case to a close - or as much of a close as can ever be.

You are NOT without faults, but I believe that for the sake of the truth you would be able to put aside any bias you might have to sit with this man with pre-arranged questions so he can think about the answers or prepare them ahead of time. This would probably be the last time he will ever submit to questions about this - and since it is the 40th and barring any personal agenda he might have...he just might agree to such a meeting. He might request certain other parties be present.

I was told about a yr ago "others" intend to do a "tell all", but due to age and various other things like the FBI - this could have been put aside. I chose NOT to intervene in private lives that have already been put to test for 40 yrs now. I did send Florence a photo Album, but it was never acknowledged by mail or by phone. I don't know if she trashed it, kept it or sent it to the FBI.

This agressiveness I have used recently is because I will be moving on and I need a few answers to take with me and I need some peace within my heart and soul.

I have lots of medical tests this wk and I only leave my house to go to the grocery (if and when I feel like it) and to the Drs. So the ending to this is up to someone else besides me.

I would love to have a written copy of this thread bound in note books like I did the 1st thread, but this one got so large I could not keep up...just wanted it so the real story about Cooper would not be forever lost.

Robert Nicholson

Georger then states:

Georger Thank you for being such a detailed researcher of records. With NO knowledge of the technical aspects of the door opening - my simple mind says they had to take the altitude down so the door could open. All of this 10,000 (that is the point at which Oxygen becomes questionable). Why Cooper demanded they stay below 10,000 - not at 10,000.

Duane showed me the over-head oxygen tanks on one of our flights - I wondered how he knew this, but in those days I had NO knowledge of Cooper other than the trip to WA and knew NO details about the crime when I called the FBI in 1996.

I have had quiet an education in these past 15 yrs - but retaining some of the details to defend my story are difficult for me. Thank You for a post that gave me a "memory charge" regarding things I told the FBI.

:)
You are assuming a lot of things. I have never been on a flight that was socked in from take-off to landing. I have had flights cancelled because of such weather. IF the weather is as YOU stated from Seattle to Portland - NO flights would have been in the sky by todays standards. In Ohio in July of 2007 I sat in the airport for 4 hours because of such an experience with the weather (it was socked in) and then had to spent that night in the ATL airport on a bench because I missed the Atl Connection...NO rooms available in the area because of the weather and delayed flights.

Cloud cover was NOT consistent from Seattle to Portland. Take yourself to WA and sit down in the archives of the newpapers from 1971 - check the weather reports for every area and what the paper said the following day about the weather.

Secondly - pickup your phone and call the few people left alive who can disprove your generalized statements. You expect pilots, jumpers and the general population to BELIEVE your every word when you did NOT actually talk to the people and to the witnesses nor pull all weather report for each area.. It is all he said or she said or he wrote or he told.

FACTS please! You are doing nothing but probagating MORE untruths - WHY? WHAT is your motive (I won't be alive when it is revealed, but at least I will have said my 2 cents worth).

You are using second and third hand information and on down the chain. I personally will attest to the changing of information by relay. I have been "quoted" as saying this or that when in reality the writers changed verbage to make for a "better" story. Writers and jounalist have been doing this forever and ever.
You are taking ONE report generated in one region and applying it to the entire flight.

GUYS - I have a question. How many times have you guys flown with the cover being consistent from Seattle to Portland with heights BELOW 10,000? Cooper demanded they keep the plane below 10K because of the oxygen. They had to go even lower for the Aft Stair well to open and remain open. I suggest anyone who makes these statements to sit down with individuals who have flown a 727 with UNMODIFIED aft stair ways down.

Right now I only know ONE person who has done that is still alive to tell the story.

Jo, You consistently mistate what I have written. This response is to your post #24434. If you would take a look at post #24433, you can see that your allegations are baseless. That post concerns the Portland area weather only!

1. I have never stated that the weather from Seattle to Portland was socked in! And to my knowledge no one else has made such a claim for the evening of the hi-jacking.

2. No one to my knowledge has claimed that the cloud cover was consistent from Seattle to Portland!

3. Your claim that I am taking one location's weather and extrapolating it over the entire flight from Seattle to Reno is nonsense!

4. You want facts? Jo, facts are the last thing YOU want! Can you produce a single fact supporting your dream that Duane was Cooper?

5. Jo, Cooper told the flight crew to climb to 10,000 feet out of Seattle. They had to level off at 7000 feet and slow down so that Cooper could get the stairs down. With the stairs down, the airliner climbed on up to 10,000 feet and flew the rest of the way to Reno in that configuration.

End of story!

Robert Nicholson

Jo wrote:

Jo,

As long as the plane cabin is unpressurized altitude is immaterial to whether the bulkhead door can be opened. 10,000 feet is no big deal as far as O2 is concerned. We jump all the time from 14,000 without supplemental O2 and one DZ here goes to 18,000 without jumper O2. That is pushing it but 10,000 isn't.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Ok, give me a contact number and address (I will NOT make it public and YOU know I am true to my word about "secret" stuff).

http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=Bernard%20geestman#Washington

Maybe he is one of these three Bernies I found. If it is.... it is public information.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

:)I believe I can arrange this and it might be better if you meet in-person. You know my private email address: [email protected].

Sure I would do this. Sluggo could serve as the
intermediary - he has before if this is agreeable to you.

I do have the passenger list if there is any doubt.

G.

NO! Sluggo is NOT acceptable because he is too bias - both pro and con. There is a young man who has genius levels far above that of Sluggo's and who knows this story far better than Sluggo knows it...he is young and will be among those who carry the Cooper Legend forward if we don't solve it - not one of us old foggies will be around in 2073 (just a random number with no meaning).

I will not discuss anymore details in the forum - you know my private Email - you have me blocked from PM's in the thread.
This is NOT something that needs to be set up in a public forum - because then it WILL not happen. I am not even sure I can pull this off, but "we" had talked about something like this over a yr ago.

You are the only one I choose from the thread to participate in this exercise and that maybe all it will be. There is a poster on this thread who has been very helpful lately and lives in the N.W who I would also like to include if we can bring such a meeting to fruition without PUBLIC media involved and we may have to sign confidentiality agreements to do this. I do NOT want to overwhelm this individual.

It will be quiet a financial undertaking for me - because I am sure he will want me to be present. Each person chosen to be there - has to be neutral and we know Sluggo is NOT neutral.

You, Georger have shown yourself to be objective and neutral - you can be a baboon once in awhile, but I believe that you like myself want REAL answers - regardless of who Cooper was. You are NOT motivated for the notoriety or a book.

:)I believe I can arrange this and it might be better if you meet in-person. You know my private email address: [email protected].

Sure I would do this. Sluggo could serve as the
intermediary - he has before if this is agreeable to you.

I do have the passenger list if there is any doubt.

G.

NO! Sluggo is NOT acceptable because he is too bias - both pro and con. There is a young man who has genius levels far above that of Sluggo's and who knows this story far better than Sluggo knows it...he is young and will be among those who carry the Cooper Legend forward if we don't solve it - not one of us old foggies will be around in 2073 (just a random number with no meaning).

I will not discuss anymore details in the forum - you know my private Email - you have me blocked from PM's in the thread.
This is NOT something that needs to be set up in a public forum - because then it WILL not happen. I am not even sure I can pull this off, but "we" had talked about something like this over a yr ago.

You are the only one I choose from the thread to participate in this exercise and that maybe all it will be. There is a poster on this thread who has been very helpful lately and lives in the N.W who I would also like to include if we can bring such a meeting to fruition without PUBLIC media involved and we may have to sign confidentiality agreements to do this. I do NOT want to overwhelm this individual.

It will be quiet a financial undertaking for me - because I am sure he will want me to be present. Each person chosen to be there - has to be neutral and we know Sluggo is NOT neutral.

You, Georger have shown yourself to be objective and neutral - you can be a baboon once in awhile, but I believe that you like myself want REAL answers - regardless of who Cooper was. You are NOT motivated for the notoriety or a book.

OK. No Sluggo. Would St Nicolas be acceptable?
(only joking)

Let me think this over and I will get back to you off
forum. Thanks -

But... before I do anything about this I am going to
enjoy tomorrow the 4th first, with family, and then
back to business on Tuesday, or maybe even
Wednesday. I suggest you take time off yourself
and enjoy a day for a change. I recommend this to
everyone!

G.

Georger:

What does your having the passenger list have to do with any of this?

I have a feeling we will be denied the priviledge of posting about the meeting or its contents. Especially since there are so many 'writers" or wannabees out there. Each question will have to have - a discuss or confidentiallity code with an expiration date. Meaning he will determine what we can discuss publically before we walk out of the room and when it can be discussed.

Robt99:

Why the hell do I have to get you mad for you to stop fooling around with the words - it was beginning to sound lilke you were in a washing machine - whish whish whish whish.

Go back and read your posts to other individuals - you were all over the map - NO one actually knew what you were saying and you made it about whatever you wanted to. I will take the BOLD and CAPs as YOUR statement of opinion...and hope you stand by it without being whishy washy.

Okay Robert99 - we are going to carve the modified statement in Stone. We need for this to be specific. Please sign and return with any changes you make.

1. The weather from Seattle to Portland was NOT socked in! Different areas and elevations had different cloud coverage.

2. The cloud cover was NOT consistent from Seattle to Portland!

3. The cloud coverage from South of Portland to Reno is NOT relevant.

4. Cooper told the flight crew to climb to 10,000 feet out of Seattle.... They had to level off at 7000 feet and slow down so that Cooper could get the stairs down. (At one time the elevation was as low as 6300 ft.) After they crossed the Columbia they proceeded to increase the elevation.

5. Prior to approaching Portland and Vancouver - the altitude was such the co-pilot was able to state he thought he could see Portland/Vancouver... it is believed the plane was being flow from the C0-Pilots seat on the right side of the plane. The Co-pilot was new to that route.

Robert - you might want to read the above very carefully - this has to be as factual as it can be.
Perhaps you might like to add the techical language I am unable to do. I have a reason for this. They need to be put in question format.

I suggest everyone prepare specific questions about the flight from Seattle to Portland. WE will select five to present to the co-pilot so we can stop messing around and get something done. I believe he will answer 5 of the most pertinent questions - and we need to keep them simple and direct and they must be the MOST important questions that need to be answered....MYTH versus FACT needs to be established regarding the flight from Seattle to Portland.

Robert99: You did not answer the question as to how Cooper knew when to jump, you only provided your little joke answer:

"He wouldn't try to jump from half-way up the steps. So when he got to the end of the steps there was only one thing left to do. Jump!"

So Robert99 you really don't know how he knew and are unwilling to accept the theory that he used the cloud glow over Vancouver and Portland. Remember he was wearing his dark sunglasses to keep his eyes ready for the darkness and ability to see the glow in the clouds.

Also, Eagleeye had very good vision and more places to look from including the aftairstair. The cockpit had a more limited view through a wet windshield plus were very busy trying to keep the plane flying in the "dirty configuration" (flaps down, landing gear down, and airstair deployed). Cooper could concentrate on just looking for the glow in the clouds.

Believe it or not, it is an explanation of how Cooper was clever enough to know when to really jump. Robert99 you have no reason other than your little joke.
Bob

Jo, you write: "Sluggo is NOT acceptable because he is too bias[ed] - both pro and con."

Jo, darling, I am not going to play the health card like a certain person has been doing for the past year on this thread.

However, I am getting along in years and probably have lost some brain cells along the way. Nevertheless, you have aroused my morbid curiosity.

Would/Could you explain the logic, if any, in the statement quoted above about Sluggo? And in plain language please. I'll be forever grateful.

Robert Nicholson

Robert99: You did not answer the question as to how Cooper knew when to jump, you only provided your little joke answer:

"He wouldn't try to jump from half-way up the steps. So when he got to the end of the steps there was only one thing left to do. Jump!"

So Robert99 you really don't know how he knew and are unwilling to accept the theory that he used the cloud glow over Vancouver and Portland. Remember he was wearing his dark sunglasses to keep his eyes ready for the darkness and ability to see the glow in the clouds.

Also, Eagleeye had very good vision and more places to look from including the aftairstair. The cockpit had a more limited view through a wet windshield plus were very busy trying to keep the plane flying in the "dirty configuration" (flaps down, landing gear down, and airstair deployed). Cooper could concentrate on just looking for the glow in the clouds.

Believe it or not, it is an explanation of how Cooper was clever enough to know when to really jump. Robert99 you have no reason other than your little joke.
Bob

Sailshaw, Cooper had been wearing those sun glasses for about six hours when he jumped. The time required for night adaption for the normal eye is probably not more than about 10 minutes, based on my personal experience. I would suggest that Cooper's wearing the sun glasses had more to do with concealing his identity than anything else.

Do you seriously think that Cooper would dally on the stairs for several minutes? It was quite chilly on those stairs and a bit breezy as well since the airliner was going about 224 MPH at the time of the jump. I doubt if Cooper was interested in freezing his rear end off.

So you think I made a little joke? Modesty panels or not, basically the only way for Cooper to exit was straight down those stairs. If he had tried to jump from a point up the stairs there is a very real possibility that the stairs would have moved upward and slammed him against the fuselage/stairs interface and he wouldn't like that. So the only sensible thing to do would be to take one more step than there were steps on the stairs.

While I appreciate your efforts as a True Believer to sell the "cloud glow" story, if Cooper wanted to land near the Portland airport (as you claim) he would need something more accurate than "cloud glow" to spot his jump point. You are assuming also that the airliner passed close to the Portland airport. What is your basis for that assumption?

If I remember correctly, Amazon previously made some offers to you about helping you arrange for a parachute jump to help educate you on parachuting. My suggestion is that you take her advice.

Robert Nicholson