47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo your Avatar can you please change it all it does is prove your stupitity or your Brain disability,( Damn That Rymes) What ever stop posting or take a polygraph test and for once in your life be credetable , Well i'm sure you are too Dumb Or you will do that. Jerry

You are lucky that I am not the moderator.

Over at my Newsvine column, I sometimes post the first comment on any article I write, especially if it's a controversial subject. It says THIS:

'Hatred, racism, and NAME-CALLING are not allowed...'

(All caps by me, for emphasis)

Farflung says in part:

'I for one am more than willing to admit I was wrong about the conspiracies and freakazoid cobbling of attributes into something which simply could not have existed in my world. Like a six foot two, 750 pound man with a tenor voice playing some absurdly small instrument to a 30’s musical to become a platinum hit a decade after his death...'

You are the Second Coming of Kurt Vonnegut. Stop wasting your talent and cobble together a frickin' manuscript. Suggestion: Chapters one after another on your views about anything in American life, from Cooper to whatever. I promise any editing will be done with a light hand, and we will sign you to a generous percentage of the gross sales. America needs the Farflung Wake-Up Call. B|

If I could figure out whether you're the financial advisor or the guy in the LA rock band, I would have sent you a proposal privately already. You know where to find me.

Message I sent to the Seattle FBI office earlier today:

'At the end of next week, I am doing an interview with a writer for the London Times and the Guardian. The subject is the book Into The Blast - The True Story of D.B. Cooper. As you know, we presented a fair amount of evidence (mostly circumstantial) that Kenny Christiansen of Northwest Airlines may have been the hijacker.

Cooper parachute packer Earl Cossey of Woodinville has gone on the record several times saying that the parachute found in Amboy, WA in 2008 could not have been used by the hijacker because it's made of silk and the one he provided was made of nylon. As you know, he was allowed to examine it. In the press, the current position of the Bureau on the chute is that it could be one used by a downed pilot in 1945 in the same area. The Bureau has referred to an old article in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer about it.

However, I have two questions about the chute. Has the material been tested to identify it as either silk or nylon? If it IS silk, which is a biodegradable substance, how come it exhibits little damage or rotting after supposedly being buried by this 1945 pilot for sixty-three years? It seems inconceivable. The pictures of this chute at the FBI website indicate it is still in good condition, as if it were made of nylon, which takes hundreds of years to degrade. This alone would indicate Cossey is wrong about it.

In addition, why would the military pilot bury it? According to the P.I. story, the pilot used it to keep warm that night after he reached the ground and then walked out to rescue in the morning. Why would he bother to bury it in a survival situation, and if he did, where is the container and harness? They were never found, even after additional digging in the area by the Bureau.

The Seattle office has already admitted in news articles that the Amboy parachute was similar to the type normally packed into an NB-6 ('Navy Backpack 6') container, which coincidentally is also the container used by Cooper in the jump. The other missing chute was the non-working trainer reserve. The other two, the sport chutes, were left on board the aircraft by the hijacker.

I would like to see this chute myself, take pictures of it, and obtain a sample for analysis if possible...'

Sincerely yours,
Robert M. Blevins
Adventure Books of Seattle

(No apologies for this. I just seek the truth, same as you, whether we're right or wrong. Someone has to ask these questions, right?)

NOTE: If the Bureau allows me to examine the Amboy chute, I will need two para-experts in the Seattle area to accompany me. I'm going to call Earl Cossey this week as well, and discuss this with him. I've never actually spoken to Cossey, but I think it's time.

It takes guts to basically threaten the FBI with
journalistic blackmail - is that what you are doing?
And what precisely do you have or could say that
would 'force' the FBI to respond given the kind of
communication you've sent; they may chose
to not respond at all!

Secondly, are you contending the Amboy chute is
Cooper's main chute, the 28' chute Cossey packed
into an NB6 container? (or did you forget that part?).
It's unclear what you are alleging and creeping up to,
or what clear proof you have that trumps what
everyone else is lacking, especially since you are
asking for a public trial of the FBI under the threat
of public interview(s) that will embarrass them ...
in advance? Are you trying to force them to say
'what you want them to say'? This seems nutty
to me...

You have (or had) your own candidate at stake,
presumably being examined by the FBI. Don't you
think a letter like yours complicates things? How
are the two potentially separate issues related?

You definately are the little engine that could!
Now let's see if you can... or get canned.

You seem to have an answer for everything.
Let's say the FBI says Kenny was not DB
Cooper and turns down your offer to debate
publically, and says the case is closed or set aside
and will have no further public comment, and the
public can do what it wants.

You then are in a position to become a temporary
cult figure ... until the public grows bored (which may
take all of five minutes). You seem to have thought
ahead?

Because you are not going to change the basic
evidence in the Cooper case. You can say what you
want to whomever. You are avoiding the inevitable,
Mr. Blevins. You have added nothing since you
arrived because you have nothing to add except
a small tempest which proved futile.

Your letter be damned!

Uh...you can stop comparing a tv show for History Channel to the Holocaust trials anytime you wish.

There were SEVERAL emails between the Seattle FBI office and AB of Seattle. Not just the one you quoted.

This place is rapidly becoming a waste of my time. No kidding.

In BETTER NEWS, I just released my new novel, The 13th Day of Christmas. Should be at Amazon in ten days in paperback, although it's been out for the Kindle for a while. Truth is, I'm sick of the Cooper thing and moving on. It's kept AB stuck in a rut and frankly I'm tired of all the arguments. I'm asking Quade to close my account or whatever he does. I can still be contacted through the AB website if you wish, but this is my last post on this thread.

It's been fun, but I have to do this.

post#22608 Feb 24, 2011 red highlight added

Poor, poor Blevins...you are on DZ...I doubt anyone wants to be you...I will just say...wuffo...and I mean that in a nice way...but a wuffo of life as well...

poor, poor, underachiever...better start building a taller ladder...

hangdiver

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

Jo your Avatar can you please change it all it does is prove your stupitity or your Brain disability,( Damn That Rymes) What ever stop posting or take a polygraph test and for once in your life be credetable , Well i'm sure you are too Dumb Or you will do that. Jerry

Jerry,

Such a complete an utter gentleman. NOT>:S:S:S Does attacking 70+ year old women get you off?

I do not know how you manage to get away with the antics you pull on here.

Really DUUUUDE.. how old are you again???

Umm...it's stupidity...rhymes and credible. :D

Nice glass house there skippy. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Blevins wrote:

Cooper parachute packer Earl Cossey of Woodinville has gone on the record several times saying that the parachute found in Amboy, WA in 2008 could not have been used by the hijacker because it's made of silk and the one he provided was made of nylon. As you know, he was allowed to examine it. In the press, the current position of the Bureau on the chute is that it could be one used by a downed pilot in 1945 in the same area. The Bureau has referred to an old article in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer about it.

Robert,

The Amboy chute was manufactured in 1946. Look at the data panel (a portion of the canopy upon which mfr data is printed) in the FBI photo. The mfr date is inked clear as day on the canopy: 1946. It could not have been used in 1945. Do you agree?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

A big hand to those who support courtesy and civility within our postings. I try not to let someone get my dander up and try to respond in a pointed way with my pitchfork of a keyboard, but sometimes I find myself unable to restrain a retaliation.

Now - for the National News!

Complete Pentagon Papers Released

"Four decades ago, a young defense analyst leaked a top-secret study packed with damaging revelations about America's conduct ot the Vietnam War."

:)
This thing is reported to be the Granddaddy of WikiLeaks. Remember I was told a few months ago - "just a few more weeks these things take time".
Is it time now?

Maybe this will turn out to be just another SHIELD, but I hope not. I have always known the truth to Weber was sandwiched into the yrs - 1962 to 1968....but the program continued until 1973 when it ended. Paperleg was one of the men who ran the communications program for one of the "secret" things. Duane knew Paperlegs and even went to see him in WY after he and I were married.

This story was told in this thread a LONG time ago - but it was ignored. This relationship connected Weber to knowledge of jumping and was a continuation of his relationship with others...but, they NEVER knew his real name - he was John Collins or another AKA to them.

No one wamted to pursue the fact that Duane L. Weber was incarcerated as John C. Collins and given a commutation as John C. Collins - WHY? Because that put a flaw into the FBI profile of Weber....those yrs as John Collins erased part of Weber's background and was not accessible even to the FBI. NON-military were used in some missions during Vietnam - if they needed help they were on their own. The U.S. would disclaim any knowledge of these guys and if they freed themselves they were ON their own.

A few wks ago I threw some bait out there and the only thing that happened is it brought JT back into action.

The Bait:

*Blue Tooth Calvary
*We Were Soldiiers
*Mongoose was a brother
*1st Calvary Division - Air Mobile
*149 th Blue Team (I believe I got the # wrong because I can't read my own hen scratching).

Now I wait to see if any of this happens in my life time - giving me the anwers I need to know about the man I spent 17 yrs of my life with and the following 16 yrs researching and being ridiculed....not to mention being called every name in the book. Over the yrs I have developed a thick skin - I may even be sprouting feathers. Quack Quack.

Fire and Brimstone could still cause damage - maybe I need the Armor of an Armadillo.

Glad I didn't have the reproductive genetics of an Armadillo......??????

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Blevins wrote:

Robert,

The Amboy chute was manufactured in 1946. Look at the data panel (a portion of the canopy upon which mfr data is printed) in the FBI photo. The mfr date is inked clear as day on the canopy: 1946. It could not have been used in 1945. Do you agree?

377 - So the Amboy Chute was NOT the downed chute of 1945 - are you supporting Blevins theory? NONE of us know what was used as stuffing for the Dummy Chute - wonder if Cossey even remembers. It sound logical that an old damaged canvas could have been used in side the X package.

Cooper may have used the pouch as a container for the money, but threw out the canvass. Or he may have thrown the whole thing out - container and canvass. But then that woudl not explain no container or hardware that would have been on the container.

Stupid woman asking skyjumper question! I know we discussed this a long time ago - but, NOT into any detail as to the how or whys regarding my statments above. Perhaps for the sake of argument the Jumpers in this thread will address the issues I just mentioned.

Hopefully someone will come up with an all conclusive answer in one post.

Blevins wrote:

Robert,

Easy out for Blevins.

Although stamped 1946 the chute was actually mfg'd
in 1945. Circumstantial evidence from the maldum
fornax proves it. That is suffient for more press
releases on Newsvine. Blevins will get around to us
when he feels we deserve his attention -

Jo,

All I know is the Amboy chute wasn't jumped in 1945 because it was manufactured in 1946.

If it was Cosseys canopy he'd say so. It would be worth a lot of money if it was a DBC chute and it wold still belong to Cossey unless the FBI compensated him for its loss.

Look on eBay and see how much a fragment of a chute used in the manned space flight program sells for. A DBC chute would be quite valuable.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo:
You state: "
377 - So the Amboy Chute was NOT the downed chute of 1945 - are you supporting Blevins theory? NONE of us know what was used as stuffing for the Dummy Chute - wonder if Cossey even remembers. It sound logical that an old damaged canvas could have been used in side the X package."

Jo I think you are right on and the Amboy chute was actually what was stuffed in the Dummy carrier. They would not have stuffed a valuable chute in the Dummy and no one would have remembered what was stuffed in the Dummy,
As I said before, Sheridan would have laughed at the Dummy chute which he would have seen when he was getting his Instructor Rating at Issaquah Sky Sports. He would have pulled the silk chute out of the Dummy and tossed it over at Amboy and then packed the money bag into the dummy container. Then tied it to his rig front straps or around his waist

Anyway Jo, I think you are on the right track on this one.
Bob

Another improbable story of aviation is in the news today with the auction of ‘Balloon Boy’s’ UFO shaped balloon. A couple years ago some parents reported that their son had climbed into the craft and floated away like a mini Larry Walters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIYKGz7cABg&feature=related

That’s right a Blackhawk, several news choppers and two SUVs staffed with people that believed a six year old boy was inside that device filled with the most powerful lifting gas in the universe.

But the balloon boy named Falcon (I know), was actually hiding in the garage and did not fly that balloon at all. Later on CNN he (the Jr birdman) confessed that he did it for the ‘show’ and this episode was exposed as a hoax perpetrated by his parents (fame whores). Hard to believe these two have three children yet I’m required to get a license to fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6UONWCq7A&feature=related

Excluding those awesome parenting skills which I’ll never possess, I worry that I may not be able to participate in this happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_FZorE4p8

I needn’t worry because this piece of aviation history is on auction with a suggested bid of $1,000,000.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20070888-504083.html

What would an authenticated Cooper parachute bring if some two year old hoax has expectations of this sort of payout?

Farflung wrote:

Hard to believe these two have three children yet I’m required to get a license to fish.

That's pretty funny Farflung. If you fish from a public pier in California, a license is not required. Thank goodness. I don't understand how Jefferson and the boys remembered the right to bear arms but completely forgot about the right to fish. The rich prefer hunting to fishing, perhaps that explains it. You can't have a bunch of horses, hounds, horns and ridiculous costumes around fishing.

The Balloon Boy parents came close to losing custody as unfit parents. I think the court made the right call though.

As soon as I saw some news copter video I knew there was no kid in that balloon. I bet the pilots knew it too but why kill a good story?

To Mr. Blevins

Georger says: "This is actually a smart question on your part. If the FBI told me this, I would ask for verifiable proof that shows KC absolutely could NOT have been the hijacker. Should they provide that, I would pull the book from publication and write off KC as a suspect."

However, Mr Blevins how are you going to convince the FBI that KC was DB when KC was not tall enough and only 5 ft 8 inches ??? This is from your own data.

Pull your book from publication !!!

Bob

Farflung wrote:

Hard to believe these two have three children yet I’m required to get a license to fish.

That's pretty funny Farflung. If you fish from a public pier in California, a license is not required. Thank goodness. I don't understand how Jefferson and the boys remembered the right to bear arms but completely forgot about the right to fish. The rich prefer hunting to fishing, perhaps that explains it. You can't have a bunch of horses, hounds, horns and ridiculous costumes around fishing.

The Balloon Boy parents came close to losing custody as unfit parents. I think the court made the right call though.

As soon as I saw some news copter video I knew there was no kid in that balloon. I bet the pilots knew it too but why kill a good story?

It should have been obvious to the pilots and everyone else that there was no concentrated weight in that balloon based on the way it was oscillating. I suppose Falcon would have weighed at least 30 to 40 pounds.

Earlier someone posted that the gas with the most power was helium. Actually, I believe it is hydrogen. However, hydrogen is very flammable, remember the Hindenberg, while helium is not.

The Hindenberg was using hydrogen because Germany didn't have a source of helium.

Robert Nicholson

Farflung wrote:

It should have been obvious to the pilots and everyone else that there was no concentrated weight in that balloon based on the way it was oscillating. I suppose Falcon would have weighed at least 30 to 40 pounds.

Earlier someone posted that the gas with the most power was helium. Actually, I believe it is hydrogen. However, hydrogen is very flammable, remember the Hindenberg, while helium is not.

The Hindenberg was using hydrogen because Germany didn't have a source of helium.

Robert Nicholson

Hydrogen is about 8% more
efficient at lifting in air, vs helium. However, there
always was a large difference in price with hydrogen
being the cheaper by far due to the relative ease
of manufacture vs. helium.

'At the end of next week, I am doing an interview with a writer for the London Times and the Guardian. The subject is the book Into The Blast - The True Story of D.B. Cooper. As you know, we presented a fair amount of evidence (mostly circumstantial) that Kenny Christiansen of Northwest Airlines may have been the hijacker.

However, I have two questions about the chute. Has the material been tested to identify it as either silk or nylon? If it IS silk, which is a biodegradable substance, how come it exhibits little damage or rotting after supposedly being buried by this 1945 pilot for sixty-three years? It seems inconceivable. The pictures of this chute at the FBI website indicate it is still in good condition, as if it were made of nylon, which takes hundreds of years to degrade. This alone would indicate Cossey is wrong about it.

In addition, why would the military pilot bury it? According to the P.I. story, the pilot used it to keep warm that night after he reached the ground and then walked out to rescue in the morning. Why would he bother to bury it in a survival situation, and if he did, where is the container and harness? They were never found, even after additional digging in the area by the Bureau.

The Seattle office has already admitted in news articles that the Amboy parachute was similar to the type normally packed into an NB-6 ('Navy Backpack 6') container, which coincidentally is also the container used by Cooper in the jump. The other missing chute was the non-working trainer reserve. The other two, the sport chutes, were left on board the aircraft by the hijacker.

I would like to see this chute myself, take pictures of it, and obtain a sample for analysis if possible...'

Sincerely yours,
Robert M. Blevins

(*No apologies for this. I just seek the truth, same as you, whether we're right or wrong. Someone has to ask these questions, right?) ---*this last part was not included in the message.

Georger comments on the email:

It takes guts to basically threaten the FBI with
journalistic blackmail - is that what you are doing?
And what precisely do you have or could say that
would 'force' the FBI to respond given the kind of
communication you've sent; they may chose
to not respond at all!

Secondly, are you contending the Amboy chute is
Cooper's main chute, the 28' chute Cossey packed
into an NB6 container? (or did you forget that part?).
It's unclear what you are alleging and creeping up to,
or what clear proof you have that trumps what
asking for a public trial of the FBI under the threat
of public interview(s) that will embarrass them ...
in advance? Are you trying to force them to say
to me...

presumably being examined by the FBI. Don't you
think a letter like yours complicates things? How
are the two potentially separate issues related?

You definately are the little engine that could!
Now let's see if you can... or get canned.

You seem to have an answer for everything.
Let's say the FBI says Kenny was not DB
Cooper and turns down your offer to debate
publically, and says the case is closed or set aside
and will have no further public comment, and the
public can do what it wants.

You then are in a position to become a temporary
cult figure ... until the public grows bored (which may
take all of five minutes). You seem to have thought
ahead?

Because you are not going to change the basic
evidence in the Cooper case. You can say what you
want to whomever. You are avoiding the inevitable,
Mr. Blevins. You have added nothing since you
arrived because you have nothing to add except

Your letter be damned!

You have personal issues with me, so I hesitate to respond to your frankly insulting comments. I thought my message to Agent Gutt was well thought out and asked legitimate questions regarding the Amboy parachute.

These questions have NOT been answered to my satisfaction. Since you rarely address the actual issue when I bring one up, I'll repeat it for you. Maybe this time you'll 'get it' and not force me to repeat everything:

Cossey has gone on the record several times saying that the reason he knows the Amboy chute is not Cooper's chute...(and YES, if it was Cooper's, I believe it's the one he actually jumped with)

...is because the Amboy chute is MADE OF SILK AND THE ONE HE PROVIDED WAS NYLON. That's his basic reason. Anyone ever ask the FBI to confirm the chute is silk and not nylon? No. But it's the most obvious question, because Cossey's assessment is based upon this claim.

I dispute his assessment, at least without further proof and a more detailed analysis of the parachute itself. Hope you don't mind, and even if you do...

Nobody is 'creeping up' on anything, or attempting to be a 'cult figure'. It was a simple enough question and a simple enough request. It wasn't 'threatening'. Threatening the Bureau? I think not. The reason they answer my messages is because I ask pointed questions, important questions, and I do it with courtesy. I have the greatest respect for the hard-working folks down at the Federal buidling in Seattle.

Stop engaging with me personally and stick to the issues or don't bother commenting. You don't know me. You just think you do.

Has it occurred to anyone here that if this unsupported claim by Cossey is left unchallenged, that the FBI can continue to hold their position that Cooper probably died in the jump? If they had to admit that the chute COULD have been Cooper's, this opens up an entire can of worms. What worms? Well, like how the money ended up on Tena Bar, for instance. Looking at the maps, you see the place they found the chute is a long way from the money, and the chute location is NOT on a river. This might give credence to the theory the money was planted later as a red herring by the hijacker himself.

Or, the more obvious conclusion: That it takes a LIVE HUMAN to bury a parachute and that Cooper made it safely to the ground. :S

Skipp Porteous and I have speculated a simple scenario on the hijacking, and if the Amboy chute was Cooper's, this only supports our contentions. We think Bernie and Kenny drove to Portland, where Kenny was dropped off at the airport. Then we believe Bernie drove back to Paradise Point State Park and waited for him. We believe the FBI was not far off in the areas they initially searched for Cooper, but by the time they actually mounted that search, Cooper was long gone. We think Cooper/Kenny landed safely, buried the chute, and used the (missing) container to pack out the money perhaps, and then met Bernie at the park.

Strangely enough...Tena Bar is just 'up the street' from Paradise Point. And all the rest. The witnesses, the testimony, the pictures, the spending, the estate, and the entire collection of evidence we have on this guy. I'm not going to apologize for pursuing the KC angle, because 98% of what we found points to Kenny as a viable suspect.

Can I prove beyond a doubt he was the guy? Absolutely not. Do I believe he was Cooper? Yes.

Georger asks in part:

'You seem to have an answer for everything. Let's say the FBI says Kenny was not DB Cooper and turns down your offer to debate publically, and says the case is closed or set aside and will have no further public comment, and the public can do what it wants...'

This is actually a smart question on your part. If the FBI told me this, I would ask for verifiable proof that shows KC absolutely could NOT have been the hijacker. Should they provide that, I would pull the book from publication and write off KC as a suspect.

However, this is moot at present, since they haven't provided any such proof. Agent Gutt has told me Kenny is still a suspect supported by some in the Seattle office, although others there think there may be better suspects.

Side Note: I understand probably few of you saw the recent DB Cooper episode on the show Adrenaline Hunter. It tries, but AH is a reletively low-budget show and they got some of the basic facts wrong. But one thing I noticed on the show was Himmelsbach's interview. Ever since he was faced with the reports from Portland International Airport on the REAL weather the night of the hijacking, he modified his earlier statements about there being a big storm that night. In reality, the heavy rain and increased winds did not start until the day after the hiajacking.

I guess this long diatribe is one way of saying:
"...(and YES, if it was Cooper's, I believe it's the one
he actually jumped with)".

You dont believe it is silk but as to size why not just
measure it - 28 feet Cossey said. One arc of the
circle is shown.

:P

Sincerely yours,
Robert M. Blevins

(*No apologies for this. I just seek the truth, same as you, whether we're right or wrong. Someone has to ask these questions, right?) ---*this last part was not included in the message.

:o:D[:/]:|:(
Mr. Blevins you are nothing but a media hound dog. You take the FBI to test on a chute that could NOT be the chute Cooper jumped with - the only thing it could be IF it was related to the skyjacking would be what was stuffed into the Dummy with the X on it. There was no container or hardware. Even Cossey himself probably had NO idea what the dummy was stuffed with.

Because there was NO hardware or container - there are NO tests that need to be run by the FBI. I would have thought you could see thru this enough to field the found chute, but you are HELL bent on making it the chute Cooper jumped with. You cannot make a silk purse out of a Pigs Ear.

Your letter sounded more like a ploy to make the FBI do something that would help you convince people KC was Cooper. It is NOT going to happen. You just do NOT get it - the man you are talking to will not even relate your letter to the Agent of Record.

Your answer is in your own words:

Earl Cossey of Woodinville has gone on the record several times saying that the parachute found in Amboy, WA in 2008 could not have been used by the hijacker because it's made of silk and the one he provided was made of nylon.

The KEY WORDS are
"could not have been used by the hijacker". Maybe you need to stick with fiction since you have a difficult time with statements you quote from "witnesses". Perhaps you have read into the your "witness" statements what you want them to have said. Just like you did above in your letter.

Cooper was 5' 10/11 and he had Dark Brown Eyes and NO one ever described Cooper as balding. Betcha don't tell the London paper that KC had HAZEL EYES - you love leaving that one very important factor out of all of your verbage and you media interviews. Betcha use the London paper to promote your book and to promote your subject as Cooper. ALL you want to do is sell books and you could care less who Cooper really was.

You want to sell a book and you could care less that your made-up facts are only creating myths.
You are a PR man - not a real flesh and blood investigator with a passion for the truth. If you were a REAL man you would have walked a long time ago.

This is WHY my story has NOT been written or made into a movie - because I want the Truth about Cooper and everything I know about Weber fits the truths. I don't want a book out there with a lot of half-baked ideas and facts that have been distorted...just to make the all mighty dollar. I grew up with principals and rules. The FBI has never proven Weber was NOT Cooper nor have I been able to prove he was. I do believe if they really looked at all I have now and if they would actually listen to and see what I have - that this could have been put to Bed a long long time ago. I also believe had I been able to afford to have gone to WA and found what I found in 2011 this could and would have ended in 2000.

Georger comments on the email:

It takes guts to basically threaten the FBI with journalistic blackmail - is that what you are doing? And what precisely do you have or could say that would 'force' the FBI to respond given the kind ofcommunication you've sent; they may chose
to not respond at all!

Secondly, are you contending the Amboy chute is Cooper's main chute, the 28' chute Cossey packedinto an NB6 container? (or did you forget that part?). It's unclear what you are alleging and creeping up to, or what clear proof you have that trumps what
asking for a public trial of the FBI under the threat of public interview(s) that will embarrass them ...in advance? Are you trying to force them to say
to me...

presumably being examined by the FBI. Don't you think a letter like yours complicates things? How are the two potentially separate issues related?

You definately are the little engine that could! Now let's see if you can... or get canned.

You seem to have an answer for everything. Let's say the FBI says Kenny was not DB Cooper and turns down your offer to debate publically, and says the case is closed or set aside
and will have no further public comment, and the public can do what it wants.

You then are in a position to become a temporary cult figure ... until the public grows bored (which may take all of five minutes). You seem to have thought ahead?

Because you are not going to change the basic evidence in the Cooper case. You can say what you want to whomever. You are avoiding the inevitable, Mr. Blevins. You have added nothing since you arrived because you have nothing to add except

Your letter be damned!

:):D
Georger I like your response a hell of lot more than mine - wish I knew how to word things like that. I personally fired off an email to the FBI, but know they do NOT even read anything I have to say and that it will never get past the "mouthpiece". Boy did that agent flip out a few months ago when he found out I called him a mouthpiece. I have never been one to mince the words - perhaps I should have said "desk agent".

Of course I have added nothing to the case either, but I am not in Blevins classification - I am NOT selling anything. Since I am not good with the words - I would not attempt to debate the FBI....but, there are somethings about Weber I would like for them to look into. Things I do NOT believe they touched on as the agent spent all of approximately 4 hrs with me and they never interviewed me again. I was trying to remember 17 yrs of a marriage - how do you do that in 4 or 5 hours. I organized what I had - but I really didn't know what they were looking for and I didn't know the things I know now about the crime.

They did NOT re-interview me after I went to WA in 2001 and that was a mistake they made.
They were listening to Jerry and he had his own agenda whatever that is. I also talked to Himmelsbach - because I thought when I was talking to him he was telling the FBI office all of it.

The FBI never really heard all of the story I have told in this thread for the past few yrs, other than Carr and he had his own agenda. It is all about FAME.

If the FBI would just have listened to me many yrs ago - I would NOT be here now and this would be over....with either proof Duane WAS not Cooper or that he was or knew who was. The things he told me I did not make up...nor did he. That I will swear to in the highest court in this nation.

I made none of the crap up about Weber - it all really happened just like I have told it for 16 yrs.

Georger comments in part:

'I guess this long diatribe is one way of saying:

circle is shown.'

Well, if the chute found in Amboy were possibly linked to the hijacking, sure...it would have to be the one actually used in the jump. The other wouldn't open and the other two were left on board. So, yes.

Yes. You said it, not me. No "well" "sure" about it.
I didnt say it. I was quoting your original statement.
So well sure to .... your self.

I got something straight! Maybe.

Georger comments in part:

'I guess this long diatribe is one way of saying:

circle is shown.'

Well, if the chute found in Amboy were possibly linked to the hijacking, sure...it would have to be the one actually used in the jump. The other wouldn't open and the other two were left on board. So, yes.

Yes. You said it, not me. No "well" "sure" about it.
I didnt say it. I was quoting your original statement.
So well sure to .... your self.

I got something straight! Maybe.

Who said what above?
I have always felt Cooper knew the x meant the chute was a dummy and he improvised that container to put the money into after the FBI did NOT deliver a suitable container to jump with.

It is called "Makin Do" and Weber had a lot of experience with that phrase. He could make something out of nothing and was at the head of the class when it came to "Jerry rigging" and improvising.

When the money arrived - Cooper commented to Tina about the container. All of you know I think she helped him secure one from the over-head compartment where people left their things when they moved forward and when they left the plane. She may even have acquired one from one of the flight crew....because I am the only one who could describe the container besides the crew - if a certain crew member was not pulling my chain.

Perhaps the ruse is that the money was NOT delivered in a white bank bag at all. Someone who was aboard that plane described the bag and I stopped this person and finished it myself until I got to the color and we both had it dead on. Not all of the truth was told about what happened on that plane after the passengers disembarked.

Even with a suitable container - Cooper may have used the dummy front pack to get the money to the ground securely.

It was the idea container and it had its own hardware already attached. All he had to do was cut the other chute to cut the cords to lace the container up with....otherwise why cut perfectly good cords off of the other chute.

Tina never said he was putting the Cords around his waist nor did she say he was tying the cords around his waste. This is just the way the public wanted to believe it happened - like the drawing in Himmelsbacks book.
Check the FBI record for Tina's exact wording!

What happened to the briefcase Maybe he ditched that at the same time he threw the canvas out of the plane...What happened to the container - did he improvise when the delivery container was not suitable to jump with.

Blevins writes:

I'll bet it's nylon. And that shoots Cossey's claim right into the ground. The question is: If he was wrong about the silk/nylon claim, and THAT'S why he eliminated it as possibly being used by the hijacker, then where does that leave us now? I would like an explanation, a look at the Amboy chute with some folks who know about these things. I don't think that's unreasonable because there are legitimate questions here about it.

Why ignore Cossey's self interest in calling the Amboy chute as DBCs jump canopy or dummy reserve canopy? He said it wasnt his canopy and in doing so walked away from thousands of dollars worth of crime relic.

One thing you can normally depend on is people acting in their own interest.

I've owned about 15 different canopies in my 42 years as a skydiver. I'd bet I could recognize any one of them today or at least be able to reject one which I never owned. I think Cossey would have recognized the Amboy chute as his if it was his.

Here's a Great Truth: Except for your strict adherence to the eyewitness descriptions, (a shaky bet) no one on this thread has really been able to disprove any of the evidence offered in the revised edition of Blast. I hear a lot of squawking, but nothing that actually eliminates Kenny Christiansen. Not a thing. And we may actually be ONTO something regarding the parachute. I've been over this ground multiple times. Some of you even agreed that the silk parachute scenario made as much sense as the Janet Fable.

I'll bet it's nylon. And that shoots Cossey's claim right into the ground. .

They say its silk. You say nylon. They have the
chute and have had Cossey and 'other experts'
examine the chute, and you have never been
within miles of the chute.

Looks too pristine in some photos, you said.

Another set of eyeballs here disputed your claim.

You demand (your) experts examine the chute.
You keep leaving out that the FBI already got not
only Cossey but "other experts", to examine
the chute. Every published account I have read by
the FBI includes "other experts" looked at the chute
and were consulted.... you conveniently omit this!
Are you saying the FBI is lying or was misreported
and what's your basis for that?

You also claim: "no one on this thread has really been able to disprove any of the evidence offered in the revised edition of Blast."

Since you refused to even discuss your socalled 25-
reasons, how can you say the above?

Blevins you are playing a shell game.

Why should the FBI or anyone else consider you
a special expert or source, on anything?

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

The subject of the Amboy chute will and must live as there is some great value associated with this artifact. Apparently the Kenny story would fall apart without this in the architecture.

Already it has been elevated to being used by a jumper then cut from the harness and finally buried in the native soil. This of course adds complexity to any tale and therefore lowers probability but this paradox has found a home here and will live to be a ripe old age.

As it stands the chute is likely Cooper’s and either his primary or the reserve he threw out the stairs as a decoy. Decoy sounds good but I would have littered the forest floor with the other two chutes to really add to the mystery.

Anyway Cooper jumps and lands in Amboy where he cuts the lines and gathers his canopy. He was certainly lucky avoiding all those trees. Guess he planned on landing in a meadow or open area because he brought a shovel with him. I presume it to be one of those awesome collapsible Army shovels that make digging an utter delight. So he buries the canopy which allows him to keep the container and harness to pack out the money which makes sense and is more efficient.

After completing all these steps Cooper then walks the 50 yards to the road then on to Amboy and does whatever.

Seems like those kids should have found some skeletal remains of Occam wrapped in that parachute as well.

Now Cooper is wearing his harness and reserve container strapped over a black raincoat and business attire walking down a rural road all casual. He keeps walking till he gets to his car or a phone where he calls an unpaid accomplice to pick him up.

Back at the trailer these two men do ‘whatever’ which could be anything except depart the area and go home. Instead of jumping at 8:15 PM, landing at 8:25 then hiding the canopy and walking into Amboy (10:00) to use a payphone and get back to the trailer by midnight and drive to Bonnie Lake arriving around 5 AM; they spend the night doing something else (I can’t imagine).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YXuq25BMVI

Then on Thanksgiving they spend the day not going home or crafting a cover story for the wife. Husbands are notorious for forgetting such things and typically chose to invoke their right to remain stupid; while an understanding spouse forgives his absence since she slaved over a ‘hot stove’ (Amerrhea) to make a ‘Rockwellian’ dinner then goes into the ‘World’s Longest Slow Burn’.

Attention men of Earth: Women NEVER forget. They simply marinate emotional explosives until they can be used to produce the most damage at the worst possible time (think award ceremony at work) long after we have purged such transgressions from our memory banks. Like that time you neglected to agree that the movie ‘Sex and the City’ was the greatest entertainment ever produced or savagely omitted a fourth compliment about her new hair style within an hour. Pigs.

This makes the inexcusable absence of Bernie during Thanksgiving without an excuse, inexcusably unacceptable as no male in the history of, life on Earth, would have attempted such a stunt.

Attention men of Earth: Women NEVER forget. They simply marinate emotional explosives until they can be used to produce the most damage at the worst possible time (think award ceremony at work) long after we have purged such transgressions from our memory banks.

...you say that as though it's a bad thing??

:ph34r::ph34r:
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.