47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Like someone else said, Jamie, get us a Cooper $20 out of that briefcase :)

I'd like to at least get access to the damn briefcase, which itself may be evidence.

what is the deal here anyway?
I have to get a $20 out of a briefcase that may or may not still be where I last saw it, or not be taken seriously, while none else have any proof to back up their claims?
this is said including those who claim he died in the jump.
not a damn one of you have produced any $20's or any other evidence.
so far the FBI are the only ones who have.
alot of plausible theories out there, just no solid evidence.
$20's found on a shore do not equate a man dying in a river, or forest, or surviving for that matter either.
all it means is some norjack ransom $20's wound up on that shore.

I'm reading back through the old and current thread, heaven forbid, to check but seems like I remember in earlier discussions of the money find, especially involving posts by Ckret, the money was found in bundles wrapped with rubber band - money only crumbled after handling and bands deteriorated -- which led to fragments or shards in the general area where found (inches under the sand). Nothing about balls of mush or other unidentifiable stuff. The bills were id'd initially for serial numbers by the FBI, then additional serial numbers were id'd by the auction house -(might be hazy on detail here).
Basically - over time and many posts the story about the money find went from relatively straight-forward of a few bundles to substantial changes in the details - such as the substance of the find, area of the find, etc. etc..

Please correct me if i'm wrong on the original find, but if i'm generally accurate -- Does anyone recall how the changes came to be - was there an additional report found other than the one Ckret initially posted about? I just can't remember and I haven't found it yet and hoping someone will spare me the arduous task of continuing to look. thanks :)

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Jo wrote:

NOW, if something like that regarding Duane is presented in this special on History Channel - I will not only ask, but DEMAND equal time to defend the truth.
In fact I would take them to TASK in court on that one.

Come on Jo, cut out the legal threats... and lose that silly copyright notice on your posts. Nobody else attempts to copyright their forum posts here. Are you really going to sue someone who reprints or copies one of your posts without your permission?

What about all the noise you were making a while back about something big going on and implying that there would soon be news? Seems like the same old same old to me.

The History Channel remark was me blowing off steam because of something Blevins had said and I did apologize to him with a laugh.

AS for ALL the NOISE:
THAT you will have TO TALK to the FBI about...THEY are the ones who said "Be patient for a few more weeks" and repeated the same statement to ME on the PHONE about 2 1/2 wks later.

On the second call it was obvious to me that the MOUTH PIECE who is not the agent of record was filtering. He made several statements during that short conversation that proved to me he KNOWs absolutely nothing about the case. For example - "your ex-husband" and I did not even correct him. The statement "a few more wks" at that time sounded as more genuine and not as scripted as the 1st conversation did.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I'm reading back through the old and current thread, heaven forbid, to check but seems like I remember in earlier discussions of the money find, especially involving posts by Ckret, the money was found in bundles wrapped with rubber band - money only crumbled after handling and bands deteriorated -- which led to fragments or shards in the general area where found (inches under the sand). Nothing about balls of mush or other unidentifiable stuff. The bills were id'd initially for serial numbers by the FBI, then additional serial numbers were id'd by the auction house -(might be hazy on detail here).
Basically - over time and many posts the story about the money find went from relatively straight-forward of a few bundles to substantial changes in the details - such as the substance of the find, area of the find, etc. etc..
:)

There was subsequent posting regarding the family who found the money. They had separated the money and tried to dry it out - hence, to me this sounds as though the only description they have regarding the rubber bands would be what the Ingrams relayed...and then later Brian in subsequent yrs.

As with everything else - memory is subject to change. The best recall would be statements made to the FBI at the time of the find...by Brian and his parents.

Jo, maybe it's about time you back off the attacks of others.

Before ya know it, the only person that's not going to be banned in this forum is the ghost of DB Cooper himself.

And 377, cos he never loses his cool B|
(talking of which it was around 41 deg earlier...celsius. That's around 106 for you fahrenheit people.)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Where is the house attorney and where is our child psychologist?

JO, WHY CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW UTTERLY SICK YOU ARE BEING HERE? Who the HELL do you think you are? You lambaste Carr for releasing PUBLICLY AVAILABLE stuff about your CRIMINAL husband, but you think it is OK to keep on with this nasty, smutty line of questioning despite Jamie's answers? Just because YOUR CRIMINAL HUSBAND may have been involved in utterly distasteful stuff like you mention does not mean any child born in 1970 becomes your target.

Then again it's a nice diversion from actually having to provide ANYTHING at all to substantiate your claims, isn't it?

There are factors involved in this you have NO knowledge of and not for public disclosure. I presented a scenario hoping to show that there are other answers to Jamie's memory.

I have not seen you or others in the least bit timid in saying my memories are FALSE or calling me a LIAR.

I had a right to lambaste Carr about publically disclosing information I had asked for on many many occasions and the information was never forthcoming....and then he makes a sketchy record of them in the forum...as you should know even those have proven NOT to be completely accurate.

Remember how many times you guys have thrown the False Memory thing at me? Often not in a very KINDLY manner. I only put out a scenario for Jamie and others to consider regarding a reason and cause for his memories. I defended my memory in the same manner as Jamie defends his...except my memory was that of a 39 yr old adult.

I have a lot of compassion for Jamie and he KNOWs the post was not meant in an ugly way. He knows I am trying to help him find alternatives for his memories and I have discussed this with him. If you were Jamie and you had been told your father was Cooper - would you NOT want to know what the alternatives were to your memories?

Many of you have offered alternatives to me and some of those were NOT kind, such as being called DELUSIONAL and a LIAR and the references others make to the character of my deceased husband...and his criminal activities. All of you and the FBI know I was unaware of his past encarcerations - discovered when a reporter and then the FBI dug into the past of Duane L. Weber, aka John C. Collins.

I have been where Jamie is. I understand what he is going thru more than any other individual in this thread. There is MUCH you and others in this thread do NOT know about the past of Duane L. Weber - things even I have kept secret....things I have NOT told to protect those who are innocent of wrong doing and who themselves have been victimized.

I am hoping that Jamie was not another victim of the D.B. Cooper Story and why I have asked him for some specific information. Life is a vicious circle and I have gone full circle as my life winds down to an end. Jamie is young and he does NOT need to continue to suffer if I hold within the secrets I have kept an explanation that might set him free...what he does with this information is up to him.

The secrets of the past in Duane's life caused a lot of harm to many innocent individuals, living and deceased. I would love nothing more than to see some good come out of what I know...but, to go public would only cause more and maybe irreversible damage to still living victims....whose suffering has gone beyond my imagination, but not beyond my compassion.

The 0.0043 dimension has five significant digits based on the two leading zeros to the right of the decimal point being significant as well as the "trailing zero" to the left of the decimal point being significant since there are significant numbers to the right of the decimal point.

Really? 0.0043 inches is approximately 0.00038 feet (or 0.000000068 miles). The number of significant digits is a measure of accuracy. Using your bizarre definition of significant digits, you are saying if you measure in feet (or miles) instead of inches, you can increase your accuracy.

Your calculator can display 8 or 10 or 12 digits, but that doesn't make your calculations any more accurate.

This goes to the issue of exit point, winds aloft, and landing area calculations, too. The results of any calculations cannot be more accurate than the starting points of those calculations.

Mark

Like someone else said, Jamie, get us a Cooper $20 out of that briefcase :)

I'd like to at least get access to the damn briefcase, which itself may be evidence.

what is the deal here anyway?
I have to get a $20 out of a briefcase that may or may not still be where I last saw it, or not be taken seriously, while none else have any proof to back up their claims?
this is said including those who claim he died in the jump.
not a damn one of you have produced any $20's or any other evidence.
so far the FBI are the only ones who have.
alot of plausible theories out there, just no solid evidence.
$20's found on a shore do not equate a man dying in a river, or forest, or surviving for that matter either.
all it means is some norjack ransom $20's wound up on that shore.

If you find some twenties in that case here is a
website where you can check the serial numbers.
Good luck.

http://www.check-six.com/lib/DBCooperLoot.htm

If you find a Cooper $twenty$ contact me
immediately and share the loot! You and I
and several FBI agents will all go out to dinner
and throw a BIG party! Never mind that we might
all wind up spending $twenty$ years in the BIG HOUSE! :)

Please correct me if i'm wrong on the original find, but if i'm generally accurate -- Does anyone recall how the changes came to be - was there an additional report found other than the one Ckret initially posted about? I just can't remember and I haven't found it yet and hoping someone will spare me the arduous task of continuing to look. thanks :)

After Ckret's post a science panel was formed that
did more research, doing some lab analysis of the money, interviewing lots of people including retired agents, people who worked at the excavation site, doing research with the USGS and people who worked with Palmer, etc etc. That, in a nutshell, is how Ckret's post has developed ... to date.

The 0.0043 dimension has five significant digits based on the two leading zeros to the right of the decimal point being significant as well as the "trailing zero" to the left of the decimal point being significant since there are significant numbers to the right of the decimal point.

Really? 0.0043 inches is approximately 0.00038 feet (or 0.000000068 miles). The number of significant digits is a measure of accuracy. Using your bizarre definition of significant digits, you are saying if you measure in feet (or miles) instead of inches, you can increase your accuracy.

Your calculator can display 8 or 10 or 12 digits, but that doesn't make your calculations any more accurate.

This goes to the issue of exit point, winds aloft, and landing area calculations, too. The results of any calculations cannot be more accurate than the starting points of those calculations.

Mark

In case there is any doubt I agree
with your position. "False accuracy", as we call it here, often appears in sales people going out to express in long decimal runs, something a lab cannot deliver, or Nature deliver either. Standards
matter.
That can prove very irksome and qiestions the
integrity of the whole enterprise ... maybe you can
find a nice website that speaks to the issue in a
simple (compelling) manner. False accuracy takes
many forms. I agree with you, completely. Its
common sense.

"Al, You state that "Milk cans float when submerged." Please elaborate. No satire intended."

Milk cans are designed with a taper fit on the lid. The lid wraps around the top of the can. A very unusual design. Keeps contaminates out of the can. If you submerge a milk can, or if you bury it, then flood the area, it will hold air and act as a float of sorts, a bouyant vessel. If, on the other hand, you tip it over, the contents with come falling out immediately as it applies force to the tapered lid which just kinda sits there. If a milk can were to pop up from a buried location (you can calculate the bouyant force of a 5 gallon can and it is tremendous) and into a water depth so as to float the can (perhaps 12" or more), it would float until finding a shallower bottom (the sand bar or before) at which time it would begin to ground, eventually to the point of a horizontal position where the lid would fall off and expose the contents. Subsequent waters would wash it clean as bundles of paper money do apparently float.

Hence, my recommendation, "If you want to find the money, look for a milk can!" I would suggest 100 feet off the shore, at the flood plain line, and most likely at an outside bend in the river.

... I haven't found it yet and hoping someone will spare me the arduous task of continuing to look....

You are kidding, right?

In the event that you are serious, my professional consulting services are available: I'll gladly do custom searches for you at my normal, on-line consulting rate of $100/hr.

Or, you could go here until you come to your senses: Disney.com
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

... I haven't found it yet and hoping someone will spare me the arduous task of continuing to look....

You are kidding, right?

In the event that you are serious, my professional consulting services are available: I'll gladly do custom searches for you at my normal, on-line consulting rate of $100/hr.

Or, you could go here until you come to your senses: Disney.com

I was under the impression that the rules prohibit advertising here.

I'm not selling satire, I'm giving it away.

oh I get it, trolling!

I think Georger answered the question best:
"After Ckret's post a science panel was formed that
did more research, doing some lab analysis of the money, interviewing lots of people including retired agents, people who worked at the excavation site, doing research with the USGS and people who worked with Palmer, etc etc. That, in a nutshell, is how Ckret's post has developed ... to date."

Jo, maybe it's about time you back off the attacks of others.

Before ya know it, the only person that's not going to be banned in this forum is the ghost of DB Cooper himself.

Hey now ... I have not named names at all about who I believe is currently being dated by Sasquatch there just north of Washougal WA. I am sure the big fella is very snugly and his "friend" is very appreciative of the big hairy fella... its been very chilly up here recently

Here's a freebie search for anyone interested:

Satire is a literary technique that attacks foolishness by making fun of it. Most good satires work through a "fiction" that is clearly transparent....
www.pearsoned.ca/text/flachmann4/gloss_iframe.html
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Here's a freebie search for anyone interested:

Satire is a literary technique that attacks foolishness by making fun of it. Most good satires work through a "fiction" that is clearly transparent....
www.pearsoned.ca/text/flachmann4/gloss_iframe.html

wow now you've really added to the knowledge base and potential solution to the DB Cooper case haven't you.
thats what we need, satire and personal attacks against people with valid questions.

I have NO idea what is going on.

:)
Someone TELL me what is happening - is the FBI actually talking to the writers and the media? Sluggo - call me! Does someone know something I need to know?:o

Has a FEW more weeks already got here? I just don't get the suspense issue here - someone tell me and get it over with.

:ph34r::)The suspense is killing me...oh, now I get it - that is the issue....oops!

After Ckret's post a science panel was formed that did more research, doing some lab analysis of the money, interviewing lots of people including retired agents, people who worked at the excavation site, doing research with the USGS and people who worked with Palmer, etc etc.

Thanks. I remember reading about the science panel and all of those posts that enhanced the info on the 1980 money find with 2009-10 analysis and 2009-2010 interviews with eyewitnesses involved with the 1980 find.
I guess what I'm getting at is that the original report of the money find is unchanged and no further reports were found from that time period. Is that correct?

That, in a nutshell, is how Ckret's post has developed ... to date.

lol...I love it when you guys get so cryptic. Makes me think this caper might be solved yet!...

So does anyone know if there is a copy of the full science panel report to date.....Anything more since Tom Kaye was on the natl geo special? Are do we mere mortals have to wait until DB's bones are found or he's in handcuffs to see it? Just joking...though seriously sometimes i think with all the posts that have been written and time spent, and I, for one, certainly appreciate all the effort expended so hope no one is offended by humor, Murphy's Law says that some little kid out hiking one day is gonna find a bone that's been carried by a scavenger to a completely off target location. Money finds, Hewlett-Packard 5710-A dual-column gas chromatograph with flame analyzation detectors, calculators, flight paths, probabilities and slide rules be damned.....but I hope not. :D:D:D

Mona Lisa: If you will look in the manual, you will see that this particular model faucet requires a range of 10-16 foot pounds of torque. I routinely twist the maximum allowable torquage.
Vinny: How can you be sure you used 16 foot pounds of torque?
Mona Lisa: Because I used a Craftsman model 1019 Laboratory edition, signature series torque wrench. The kind used by Cal Tech High Energy physicists, and NASA engineers.
Vinny: In that case, how can you be sure that's accurate?
Mona Lisa: Because a split second before the torque wrench was applied to the faucet handle, it had been calibrated by top members of the state and federal Departments of Weights and Measures, to be dead-on balls accurate. Here's the certificate of validation.
Vinny: "Dead-on balls accurate"?
Mona Lisa: It's an industry term.
Vinny: I guess the f-ing thing is broken.

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

This coming from the guy that wants other people to do his searches for him.

I want Snowmman to do everyones' searches for them. That's essentially what he did here, dug deeper on what we searched for and richly supplemented it... in addition to performing his own original research.

One reason I don't want to listen to Occam about Cooper's drowning is that I don't want anyone to have come to that gruesome end after pulling off such an amazing caper.

Can you imagine the agony? You actually get the cash, you make a successful exit, are floating down under a good canopy with all the money still attached to you and then splash... shocking cold, complete disorientation and a quick realization that after beating all those odds, your luck has run out and you will be dead in a few minutes.

So I ignore Occam and continue to look for less probable but more emotionally palatable explanations for how stacks of hot twenties ended up on Tena Bar.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Mark

Mark, Let's say that 0.0043 has only two significant digits - which is correct. The other two numbers have three significant digits each. There is no information as to any of these numbers having a trailing significant digit other than the ones shown.

But you claimed that there was only one significant digit. How did you arrive at that number? Were YOU using a bizarre definition of significant digits?

Changing the units does not change the accuracy.

Would you amplify your last sentence? If you disagree with something I have written along that line, please cite chapter and verse. My ability to read minds, and my capability with ESP, has declined remarkably in my old age.

Robert Nicholson

I like false accuracy, at least where it doesnt matter much. I have a really cheap digital micrometer. I love to see it read out a dimension to 6 digits, especially since it cost in the very low 2 digits ($16). I think, "what a bargain, so much precision for such a small sum."

Of course its repeatability measuring the same piece is poor, the least significant digits appearing more like a random number generator than an accurate measuring device, but hey, I don't really need the accuracy for seeing if I have reached minimum thickness on my brake rotors.

I can see where meteorolgy is relevant to DBC, but metrology is a stretch. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.