47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"The Trial of DB Cooper. Now there's an idea for a book or movie."

HBO Special. "Mock Trial of DB Cooper." Produced by DZ et. al.

Starring "actor Richard Stillman" (look-alike.) Google that.

Like the James Earl Ray mock trial, only better.

(You know they knew each other, right?) It is only fitting.

"You DO NOT want to go there. VERY DANGEROUS!! Forget it!!"~Cap

"I think ol Dan might want to plead innocent and take his chances with a jury. That generally seems to work out well on the west coast anyway." ;):)

Yeah, left coast juries often don't believe everything cops and prosecutors say. I think that's a good thing in most cases. Show a jury solid physical evidence and they'll make the right call, but out here the jurors are not rubber stamps confirming everything the prosecution advocates.

lol...oops...my bad....guess I better slither back into my corner and leave the humor to Farflung....Where is he anyway?
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Riggers keep logs of emergency chute repacks. The logs include the serial number of the repacked canopy. Cossey has a riggers og. It would be easy to see if the Amboy chute SN is in it. I think Cossey was truthful when he said the Amboy canopy was not his. The alternatives call for complex conspiracies which Occam abhors.

Way back yonder when Carr first started posting (before the Amboy find) he said that the FBI also had the serial numbers of the Cooper parachutes. That's why I always wondered why it seemed to take so long to id the Amboy one, and why they had to get Cossey to look at the amboy chute in the first place. Just extra verification, I guess?

On Jan 1 of 2008, Dumstuntzz asked: just out of curiosity's sake, did the FBI ever record the serial numbers of the gear that was used?? us riggers do keep logbooks and MAYBE some of the gear found its way back into use?

Ckret replied: Yes we have the serial numbers and interviewed the rigger. One chute was returned to it's owner, two were never found and one is in evidence.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3065909;search_string=rigger;#3065909
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

"Ckret replied: Yes we have the serial numbers and interviewed the rigger. One chute was returned to it's owner, two were never found and one is in evidence."

The returned one belonged to Cossey, the one in evidence has some of the chords cut off it, and the rig that is missing included the chute with the "X" on it. The string that was used to sew it shut would be on the floor of the airplane because Duane removed it. That rig was buried under the ranger tower Duane helped build, per Jo Weber. More things you can verify.

If the Amboy chute doesn't have an "X" on it, it was not Cooper's.

I watched the entire program, start to finish an listened intently. I found the arguments both pro and con to be most compelling. The most important statement to me was the conformation of information I had received directly from McCoy about him being the only one who was rehired. I repeated it to Pasternak. This program satisfies my need to know, but I see no responsibility to TRY to convince you. I know better. You have made up your mind McCoy was not involved no matter what it takes. You won't follow up because you wouldn't accept it if you were broad-sided by a Bronco.

]

:)
He sat with 2 individuals from the FBI and McCoy was NOT discussed nor were you. This was in 2001 and McCoy was not discussed. What channel do you listen to?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Man sentenced in 1968 plane hijacking

New York - A US citizen convicted of hijacking a plane from New York to Cuba four decades ago has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Luis Armando Pena Soltren was sentenced on Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan.

Authorities say he and co-defendants brought pistols and knives aboard a plane in a diaper bag in November 1968.

The pilots were forced to divert Puerto Rico-bound Pan American Flight 281 from Kennedy Airport to Havana.

The flight was carrying 103 passengers and crew.

Pena Soltren returned to the United States from Cuba in 2009 to face charges of conspiracy to commit air piracy, interfering with a flight crew and kidnapping.

He pleaded guilty in March.

Pena Soltren's lawyer says his client had wanted to come back for decades because he was remorseful.

The returned one belonged to Cossey, the one in evidence has some of the chords cut off it, and the rig that is missing included the chute with the "X" on it. The string that was used to sew it shut would be on the floor of the airplane because Duane removed it. That rig was buried under the ranger tower Duane helped build, per Jo Weber.

I have never said Duane buried anything under a ranger tower.

I NEVER SAID DUANE BURIED ANYTHING UNDER A RANGER TOWER!.

What I have said - Duane took me to an area and we went into the forest on a dirt road for about 2 football lenghts. There was a Clearing in a circle. He stated that maybe he missed his turn - that perhaps it was the road before this one. After sitting there looking around he satisfied himself he WAS in the right place.

He pointed to our right and told me there used to be a shed there and that he buried something behind it at one time. NOTE: he never said chute NOR did he ever identify the object.

He then told me about the tower that used to be there (he DID NOT say Ranger Tower). He said one could see the light for miles.

He then pointed down to an area slightly to our left and showed me an area where the tree line was lower. He said "there used to be a logging road thur there that went all the way to the tracks".

I DO NOT know if that was a RANGER Tower and I do NOT know WHAT he buried behind a Shed. He said nothing a about helping to build that Tower.

The Tower - Duane claimed to have help build was a Picture in a Book...this was 5 yrs later while we were living in Virginia.

He sat with 2 individuals from the FBI and McCoy was NOT discussed nor were you. This was in 2001 and McCoy was not discussed. What channel do you listen to?

He didnt say DOUG Pasternak, but some other
Pasternak .... go back and read his post ...
there are a lot of Pasternak(s), just like there
are a lot of Palmer reports.

He said:

[Who are you that I should spend the effort to give you a free-bee? Dan Pasternak, Peter Jennings, Brit Hume and others held a round-table that was televised, discussing whether or not this story should be released. They concluded NOT. Hume stated he had verified the McCoy situation with George Tenant, but he did not mention Mac by name.]

"I have never said...."

You may not have written it down, but you said it to me on the phone. You also said that he had found a shovel there. Now I don't care one way or another, makes no difference to me. Fact of the matter is that you have said an awful lot of things that you do not remember, forgot, or have confused with your "tests". Your credibility is going down the dumper really quickly here. I am slowly discovering if we don't fit the story you are concocting, we are in error. You story is changing more by the day, do you realize this?. Pretty soon it will be just you and Duane, like Bonnie and Clyde! Better advise the cable channels that you have just evaporated one of their broadcasts. They might run it again and substantiate a real fact! I didn't watch one hour of programming in my dreams! And I don't make up stories about ranger towers that Duane built. Really. This is seriously affecting you and I am becoming honestly concerned. What do you want? I won't fabricate stuff for you.

"I have never said...."

You may not have written it down, but you said it to me on the phone. You also said that he had found a shovel there. Now I don't care one way or another, makes no difference to me. Fact of the matter is that you have said an awful lot of things that you do not remember, forgot, or have confused with your "tests". Your credibility is going down the dumper really quickly here. I am slowly discovering if we don't fit the story you are concocting, we are in error. You story is changing more by the day, do you realize this?. Pretty soon it will be just you and Duane, like Bonnie and Clyde! Better advise the cable channels that you have just evaporated one of their broadcasts. They might run it again and substantiate a real fact! I didn't watch one hour of programming in my dreams! And I don't make up stories about ranger towers that Duane built. Really. This is seriously affecting you and I am becoming honestly concerned. What do you want? I won't fabricate stuff for you.

This thread and the prior thread has repeated posts about the story. I have stated that Duane removed a shovel from the trunk of the car as we always kept a snow shovel there. Why SHOULD I make what I know FIT what you SAY?

I have tried to be kind to you, but this takes the cake. I have tried to protect you and be kind, but this has to end.,..now!

He said:

[Who are you that I should spend the effort to give you a free-bee? Dan Pasternak, Peter Jennings, Brit Hume and others held a round-table that was televised, discussing whether or not this story should be released. They concluded NOT. Hume stated he had verified the McCoy situation with George Tenant, but he did not mention Mac by name.]

Okay, I will agree with that, but who is DAN Pasternak? And when did this so called special take place? It did NOT happen because no one knew who Knoss was until he contacted me after Doug Pasternak did his article.

"What channel do you listen to?"

FOX! I think Juan Williams was the moderator on the show. Peter Jennings, so it was a while ago. I have an exceptional memory on this subject and can quote verbatim on much of it. Bad info in, bad info out.

Considering Peter Jennings has been dead for quite some time and has never worked at FOX . . . I'm sure your memories ARE exceptional.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

He said:

Okay, I will agree with that, but who is DAN Pasternak? And when did this so called special take place? It did NOT happen because no one knew who Knoss was until he contacted me after Doug Pasternak did his article.

Im with you on this and struggling too! ;) I know
a "Fast Eddy" Pasternak from Philly who has a
brother named Dan - their father was named Dan
and was in the OS during WWII. The dad also had some ties to the Hagannah and the Irgun. Fast-Eddy became a chemical engineer working for Standard Oil in Portland? Seattle? Fast-Eddy had an early patent for reverse osmosis (filtering). Fast-Eddy married Gilda whose Dad was the chief of forensic pathology at ____________. I havent the faintest idea where Dan wound up or what doing .... but I
can call Dr. Debler and ask (he would know) ....
if it comes to that ... which I doubt! This is
hilarious! ;)

Maybe Ed is Knoss! I wouldnt put it past him!

I have no doubt Knoss knows "Fast Eddy".

Eddy's Dad used ro raise eggplant. (had a thing
for them for some reason, he won several eggplant awards) ... he knew several guys in the mafia who
used to fix bets for him at a race track I cant name
. . .

I will search for more clues . . . and get back.

"Considering..."

Yah, I know. Jennings was with ABC and died in 2005 and Hume left ABC in 1997 for Fox. I watch Fox all the time, but flip often. Juan Williams and a couple other journalists were on the round-table discussion, perhaps Krauthammer, and a New York editor, discussing the ethics of reporting national secrets. Do you kill the story, or do you report it... I've been looking for a trail but have found none. I thought it was strange to have that combination of anchors together. Seems I saw it around the time Jennings died. He was not well. My guess, early 2005, when he was not working. It did happen. Did I watch it live?? Maybe not. I'd like to watch it again. With Williams moderating it could have been a PBS show, too. But with all the Fox guys...... I know I got the important stuff right.

'Eddy's Dad used to raise eggplant..." My uncle was big on horseradish. Six spoonfuls on half a dozen eggs. Probably related.

"Considering..."

Yah, I know. Jennings was with ABC and died in 2005 and Hume left ABC in 1997 for Fox. I watch Fox all the time, but flip often. Juan Williams and a couple other journalists were on the round-table discussion, perhaps Krauthammer, and a New York editor, discussing the ethics of reporting national secrets. Do you kill the story, or do you report it... I've been looking for a trail but have found none. I thought it was strange to have that combination of anchors together. Seems I saw it around the time Jennings died. He was not well. My guess, early 2005, when he was not working. It did happen. Did I watch it live?? Maybe not. I'd like to watch it again. With Williams moderating it could have been a PBS show, too. But with all the Fox guys...... I know I got the important stuff right.

Are you 100% certain you're NOT confusing it with the Ethics in America series that WAS done on PBS that Jennings DID take a part in?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"I have never said...."

Enough! You (Knoss) first contacted me in August of 2001. When you did this - I called Pasternak and Himmelsback. I have LOTS of emails with Himmelsbach and Pasternak where I discuss the things you told me and the BAIT used.

:(Bear in mind at this time I had already had discussions with the Night Clerk and 2 articles had been done in Washington, plus the articles done by Pasternak.

:(It was important for me to filter out truths from people just trying to feed me things.

We had verified your telling me about Duane being in Mn with the ex-wife and decided to PLAY along and see what happened. You would again continue to feed what seemed on the surface to be reliable information.

That is dated: August 18 2001.

On August 22, 2001 - you had just been able to obtain a copy of the U.S. News and World Reports article. In this email you are going on about Bush and Hitler...absolutely no connection to the subject.

August 23, 2001 - you are going on about McCoy and I have told you I don't believe you.

August 23, 2001 - now you have taken the BAIT - suddenly you make this remark. "Mack liked the name Tommy Gunn and said that's the name he would use".

Do you want me to continue?

August 23, 2001 - " The picture of McCoy was a man who died of cancer. He did not look anything like McCoy" "McCoy had black hair and sharp features, was handsome, taller than Duane, a scar on his right cheek near his eye" "You have met McCoy. You know McCoy as another person. He is a very good person, but you are afraid of him. Don't play me."

The phone discussion from the above was after Knoss insisted the photo of McCoy on the front of the book was NOT McCoy and that someone else was killed in McCoy's place.

In an email to Knoss from myself I catch Knoss up on some things that have happened. The Night Clerk, conversations with Himmelsbach, Knoss's fear of harm coming to him from someone called - Linbaugh, Hinbaugh or Hinball.

August 25, 2001:
So far we haven't discussed the details of the crime, but it is August 25 and I do talk about the crime itself. I talk about a cottage on a body of water - a cabin where he took clothes from.
I surmise a car had to be in Seattle because of the parking ticket or that someone picked him up....ALL suppositions and not specific. Nothing more than my trying to figure out how he did this

Note: To this date the MN connection is the only thing I have ever been able to verifiy about your story.

"Are you 100% certain you're NOT confusing it with the Ethics in America series that WAS done on PBS that Jennings DID take a part in?"

Not confusing anything except who produced it. All the guys were Fox guys except Jennings and the NY guy. Could have originated elsewhere, yes with all the standards from the Fox Round-table shows, it would be an easy misunderstanding.

Sure Jo. Continue even if Al doesnt invite you to. Sounds like a showdown at the Cooper corral.

Hadn't been much action in this cow town for a long time, then this stranger rode in...

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

'harm coming to you from someone called - Linbaugh, Hinbaugh or Hinball."

HUH?? I have NO IDEA what you are jabbering about. Obviously you are mad and trying to harm me somehow. You aren't very effective because your jibberish is just that. You make no sense. I hit the sore spot with McCoy and you want to do me in right now, totally. Calm down. You can do more damage to me later, when you are cool and collected. Right now, you just look silly.

"August 23, 2001 - " The picture of McCoy was a man who died of cancer. He did not look anything like McCoy" "McCoy had black hair and sharp features, was handsome, tyaller than Duane, a scar on his right cheek near his eye" "You have met McCoy. You know McCoy as another person. He is a very good person, bu8t you are afraid of him. Don't play me."

The phone discussion from the above had been after Knoss insisted the photo of McCoy on the front of the book was NOT McCoy and that someone else was killed in McCoy's place."

THANK YOU!!! This is ALL TRUE!!!! At least we get some truth into these pages! I verify everything you say on Carr's Facebook page, if you want to check it out. FANTASTIC!! MORE!! MORE!! Prove this is what I have always said and never strayed from the course!

THANK YOU!!

August 23, 2001 - you are going on about McCoy and I have told you I don't believe you.

August 23, 2001 - now you have taken the BAIT - suddenly you make this remark. "Mack liked the name Tommy Gunn and said that's the name he would use".

You betcha!! All covered. All true. Absolutely. Verified. Please add that you totally refused to even consider any part of it because you wanted the story about Duane doing it all by himself and not as a directive from Mac and Project Norjak. Tell that one, too, Jo.