18 18
quade

DB Cooper

I have proof and RB has proof that COOK can tell some whoppers. HOW does that man cut it as an attorney?

If Cook lies in BLACK & WHITE simply to smear another person .....WHY did the FBI spend hours talking to him?

I think THE FBI owes some of us a BIG apology with an explanation of how they would trust and confide in a man JUST because HE IS AN ATTORNEY over those of us with suspects .

PROVES the FBI has NOT and did NOT REALLY try to find out who Cooper really was. The FBI did not do much more than a cursory investigation on Weber at that time, but when I went public they had to make a public statement....that program to my knowledge was never aired, but Georger showed a picture of me at that meeting - and I wonder how he had access to it. So I thought maybe they did air it. I got upset & walked off & Pasternac did the interview with the FBI.

Time for the PUBLIC to come down on the FBI about ALL of this. I am FED up & have NOTHING to LOOSE other than maybe get some answers I should have been given a long time ago!

The FBI has been side tracked by an Attorney....whose specialty was Union Representation. GUESS WHAT - the organizations Weber worked for in those days - were very connected to the UNIONS!This SHOULD raise a few eyebrows in the media! I will just throw out the name R. Thomas! Wonder if he is related to Jerry Thomas???????

A relationship between a Union man w/the last name of Thomas & JT might explain JT's reactions to me. I brought this up before - but, Cooks actions with the FBI & his actions to derail me seem to make a lot of sense. They did before, but I could not find the connection. Without the help of the FBI - I won't be able to make the connection after all of these yrs.

Yrs ago when I wanted to find this Thomas I was told he was a VERY DANGEROUS man. I actually met the man one time and thought he was MAFIA. This was the man Duane DELIVERED a package to that must have been in his jacket pocket in 1983. This was AFTER we went to a meeting in ATLANTA with a VERY POLITICALLY CONNECT MAN out of TX. This man was in close association with Presidents and high ranking officials and celebrities.

When I asked Duane why we were there - we didn't work with the company - his reply was that he was invited as a special guest for that one night. THIS was the meeting where I took the picture of ED HURAND & the others walked away very quickly. Duane assured Ed the photo was only for our personal album. Duh - they were just insurance salemen.

The next day is when Duane told me that before we went to Mary's (my friend in Atlanta) that he had a package to deliver and the man was THOMAS!

Another man who Duane worked with contacted me because he was responding to my enquiries about Duane after I contacted the FBI. I wanted to talk to this THOMAS I was told then he was a dangerous man...but, with no explanations. This was by a man who knew Thomas.

This was also about the time the man in Alabama who I knew as Tommy Gunn threatened me on the phone. He told me if I wanted to be around to see my grand kids I needed to destroy everything I had and NOT look back.

I had 3 threats during the time after I found out who Dan Cooper & all three of them came from men who knew Duane and warned me to not talk about these things. One I think befriended me to find out HOW much I really knew, but did NOT threaten me - my sense of things after I learned how well he himself was connected to these other men.

I put this together YRS ago & NO one paid any attention. All but one of them is deceased... I have put it all together over and over and over, but NO one has ever listened me.

Oh, Hell who will listen anyway...I am just a crazy delusional woman and now after 18 yrs an CRAZY Delusional OLD woman! After 18 yrs - what could I prove and who would even listen?

Galen is NOT too bright! If he had not started with the mumbo jumbo again & attempting to derail and distract or discredit, I might not be making these statements tonight.

I had put all of this shit behind me...but his continued effort to derail suspects and utilize information from other suspects- makes ONE think - WHY!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"...I have proof and RB has proof that COOK can tell some whoppers. HOW does that man cut it as an attorney?

If Cook lies in BLACK & WHITE simply to smear another person .....WHY did the FBI spend hours talking to him?..."

Another possibility is that Porteous deceived Galen and that both emails presented are real.

In my one phone call with Mr. Porteous he was coy and deceitful about his relationship with Geoffrey Gray, claiming that he had not met with him after their initial contact over the Lyle letter to the film maker. I disputed that, and he eventually changed his story, sounding contrite.

As for lies, the most problematic one for me is the title of Mrrs. Porteous' and Blevins book. Into the Blast is not the "True Story of DB Cooper."

"...Oh, Hell who will listen anyway...I am just a crazy delusional woman and now after 18 yrs an CRAZY Delusiona OLD woman! After 18 yrs - what could I prove and who would even listen?..."

I am happy to listen to you, Mrs. Cooper, but not until you deliver straight answers to my questions and apologize for your many smears. I will challenge eternally your conviction that you can call people liars, criminals, snakes, and stinky without impunity, regardless of how inconsistent Quade may be in his enforcement of civil behavior here.

I was banned from this place for six weeks - far more than anyone else, by the way - and I don't see a lick of change in your disposition towards me.

Do you?

How about you, Quade? What do you think of Mrs Cooper's behavior on these past few pages? Has she reformed herself? Is she back to being the perfect Southern Belle?

Not in my view.

BruceSmith

"...I have proof and RB has proof that COOK can tell some whoppers. HOW does that man cut it as an attorney?

If Cook lies in BLACK & WHITE simply to smear another person .....WHY did the FBI spend hours talking to him?..."

Another possibility is that Porteous deceived Galen and that both emails presented are real.

In my one phone call with Mr. Porteous he was coy and deceitful about his relationship with Geoffrey Gray, claiming that he had not met with him after their initial contact over the Lyle letter to the film maker. I disputed that, and he eventually changed his story, sounding contrite.

As for lies, the most problematic one for me is the title of Mrrs. Porteous' and Blevins book. Into the Blast is not the "True Story of DB Cooper."

And yet, maybe it IS. I asked Porteous about that choice of title. He told me: 'Just in case we're right...' (about Kenny)

That's your biggest complaint, the TITLE of the book? That's funny. Face it. Your buddy, the guy you've posted for at Dropzone multiple times after he was banned permanently, is a LIAR. Simple as that. If you think his phony email messages 'from Porteous,' the ones he quoted, are real, why don't you ask him to produce them, as I did? Otherwise, you should ally yourself with people who don't make a habit of lying and calling others 'con men' in a pathetic effort to discredit.

I figured when I posted the screenshot of Porteous' email showing we get along just fine, you would get the hint. Obviously you didn't. You are no better than him, either. You called my office under the guise of doing an interview for a local NW paper and the only place that 'interview' ever appeared was at Dropzone.

I've deleted my shortcut to The Dead Zone (the alternate site). I no longer want to see anything that goes on there, and neither does the public I would imagine. You guys can busy yourselves eating each other's young and supporting users' lies over there. I know that's harsh, but you definitely deserve it.

You say you support only the truth on the Cooper case. But your actions say it's okay to support non-truth as long as you like the guy telling the lies. Which makes your whole investigation into the case completely without merit until you change that policy. It's a trust thing, Bruce. It's okay to be wrong. It ain't okay to lie, or to support same.

I'll attach that email from Porteous again...just in case you missed it.

BruceSmith

"...Oh, Hell who will listen anyway...I am just a crazy delusional woman and now after 18 yrs an CRAZY Delusiona OLD woman! After 18 yrs - what could I prove and who would even listen?..."

I am happy to listen to you, Mrs. Cooper, but not until you deliver straight answers to my questions and apologize for your many smears. I will challenge eternally your conviction that you can call people liars, criminals, snakes, and stinky without impunity, regardless of how inconsistent Quade may be in his enforcement of civil behavior here.

I was banned from this place for six weeks - far more than anyone else, by the way - and I don't see a lick of change in your disposition towards me.

Do you?

How about you, Quade? What do you think of Mrs Cooper's behavior on these past few pages? Has she reformed herself? Is she back to being the perfect Southern Belle?

Not in my view.

[:/]:|
I did NOT address you at all - so please leave me alone. I do not need your help!

Galen Cook does NOT post in this thread and he was permanently banned. My opinion of Cook is from personal experience & if you were to read my postings - you will know I can prove the things I stated. I do NOT need to prove anything to you nor do I need your help in anyway what-so-ever.

The postings you are referencing did NOT address you or talk about you.

RobertMBlevins

And yet, maybe it IS. I asked Porteous about that choice of title. He told me: 'Just in case we're right...' (about Kenny)

That's your biggest complaint, the TITLE of the book? That's funny. Face it. Your buddy, the guy you've posted for at Dropzone multiple times after he was banned permanently, is a LIAR. Simple as that. If you think his phony email messages 'from Porteous,' the ones he quoted, are real, why don't you ask him to produce them, as I did? Otherwise, you should ally yourself with people who don't make a habit of lying and calling others 'con men' in a pathetic effort to discredit.

I figured when I posted the screenshot of Porteous' email showing we get along just fine, you would get the hint. Obviously you didn't. You are no better than him, either. You called my office under the guise of doing an interview for a local NW paper and the only place that 'interview' ever appeared was at Dropzone.

I've deleted my shortcut to The Dead Zone (the alternate site). I no longer want to see anything that goes on there, and neither does the public I would imagine. You guys can busy yourselves eating each other's young and supporting users' lies over there. I know that's harsh, but you definitely deserve it.

You say you support only the truth on the Cooper case. But your actions say it's okay to support non-truth as long as you like the guy telling the lies. Which makes your whole investigation into the case completely without merit until you change that policy. It's a trust thing, Bruce. It's okay to be wrong. It ain't okay to lie, or to support same.

Robert, why are you so angry? Why do you feel so confident that Galen is a liar?

Why are you so upset and hostile that my editors chose not to publish my interview with you about your Cooper book. I told you then and have repeated numerously since then that you would only go in the paper if you gave a talk or workshop about your book in my paper's coverage area - that they wouldn't print stories just on Cooper books but we needed a local angle, specifically Eatonville, Graham and Spanaway environs.

Lastly, why are you so angry that I posted the interview here at the DZ? You don't want your book to be reviewed by these readers? Why not?

skyjack71

Do you?

Not in my view.

[:/]:|
I did NOT address you at all - so please leave me alone. I do not need your help!

Galen Cook does NOT post in this thread and he was permanently banned. My opinion of Cook is from personal experience & if you were to read my postings - you will know I can prove the things I stated. I do NOT need to prove anything to you nor do I need your help in anyway what-so-ever.

The postings you are referencing did NOT address you or talk about you.

But do you love me, Jo?

:SI am repeating my post to Blevins where I agree with him on some aspects of the email that was put out by a party defending Cook.

:SI have known and experienced first hand what Cook is capable of & anyone who wants to come to my home & read two 4 inch books of emails - please do - let me know ahead of time so I can arrange to get them out of storage.

:SSeems like Cook is at it again with the PUPPET thing as the posting I made below did NOT deserve the attacking response made by the responding party who claims a working relationship with Cook.

:(I have mulitple emails from Cook he sent me yrs ago needing a puppet in the thread. WHY I called him the PUPPET MASTER. I have the emails to prove it.

Sometimes it was a good question - but other times he was being the sneaky snake he is. I experience this first hand and right now he is using another puppet to see if he can't get some of us riled up.

The post I made below:

skyjack71

I have proof and RB has proof that COOK can tell some whoppers. HOW does that man cut it as an attorney?

If Cook lies in BLACK & WHITE simply to smear another person .....WHY did the FBI spend hours talking to him?

I think THE FBI owes some of us a BIG apology with an explanation of how they would trust and confide in a man JUST because HE IS AN ATTORNEY over those of us with suspects .

PROVES the FBI has NOT and did NOT REALLY try to find out who Cooper really was. The FBI did not do much more than a cursory investigation on Weber at that time, but when I went public they had to make a public statement....that program to my knowledge was never aired, but Georger showed a picture of me at that meeting - and I wonder how he had access to it. So I thought maybe they did air it. I got upset & walked off & Pasternac did the interview with the FBI.

Time for the PUBLIC to come down on the FBI about ALL of this. I am FED up & have NOTHING to LOOSE other than maybe get some answers I should have been given a long time ago!

The FBI has been side tracked by an Attorney....whose specialty was Union Representation. GUESS WHAT - the organizations Weber worked for in those days - were very connected to the UNIONS!This SHOULD raise a few eyebrows in the media! I will just throw out the name R. Thomas! Wonder if he is related to Jerry Thomas???????

A relationship between a Union man w/the last name of Thomas & JT might explain JT's reactions to me. I brought this up before - but, Cooks actions with the FBI & his actions to derail me seem to make a lot of sense. They did before, but I could not find the connection. Without the help of the FBI - I won't be able to make the connection after all of these yrs.

Yrs ago when I wanted to find this Thomas I was told he was a VERY DANGEROUS man. I actually met the man one time and thought he was MAFIA. This was the man Duane DELIVERED a package to that must have been in his jacket pocket in 1983. This was AFTER we went to a meeting in ATLANTA with a VERY POLITICALLY CONNECT MAN out of TX. This man was in close association with Presidents and high ranking officials and celebrities.

When I asked Duane why we were there - we didn't work with the company - his reply was that he was invited as a special guest for that one night. THIS was the meeting where I took the picture of ED HURAND & the others walked away very quickly. Duane assured Ed the photo was only for our personal album. Duh - they were just insurance salemen.

The next day is when Duane told me that before we went to Mary's (my friend in Atlanta) that he had a package to deliver and the man was THOMAS!

Another man who Duane worked with contacted me because he was responding to my enquiries about Duane after I contacted the FBI. I wanted to talk to this THOMAS I was told then he was a dangerous man...but, with no explanations. This was by a man who knew Thomas.

This was also about the time the man in Alabama who I knew as Tommy Gunn threatened me on the phone. He told me if I wanted to be around to see my grand kids I needed to destroy everything I had and NOT look back.

I had 3 threats during the time after I found out who Dan Cooper & all three of them came from men who knew Duane and warned me to not talk about these things. One I think befriended me to find out HOW much I really knew, but did NOT threaten me - my sense of things after I learned how well he himself was connected to these other men.

I put this together YRS ago & NO one paid any attention. All but one of them is deceased... I have put it all together over and over and over, but NO one has ever listened me.

Oh, Hell who will listen anyway...I am just a crazy delusional woman and now after 18 yrs an CRAZY Delusional OLD woman! After 18 yrs - what could I prove and who would even listen?

Galen is NOT too bright! If he had not started with the mumbo jumbo again & attempting to derail and distract or discredit, I might not be making these statements tonight.

I had put all of this shit behind me...but his continued effort to derail suspects and utilize information from other suspects- makes ONE think - WHY!

NOTE:
After I made that post another party in this thread went off the wall on me - That person was told what to say by Cook. Cook needs to silence me - don't let that happen! I have to finish what I was put here to do & I will if GOD provides the way & holds the lantern for me. He has been my guide for the last few weeks - and NO puppet is going to side rail me!

"That's not from our website, Shutter....it's an old article from my personal Newsvine column"

Fair enough. you have to understand even if it's an old article, it pops up first when you type Kenny's name. it does say Newsvine at the top, and has your name on it.

I'm not turning the other forum into a court room. I addressed the problem quickly. I'm not going to chase leads down trying to find who said what. I isolated the problem. again, if you are that angry about the comment I think you need to resolve it with him so it doesn't continue in the future anywhere else. that's the only way I see you resolving it. I have an off topic thread on the forum, but won't allow what happens here to occur there with endless bickering page after page.

"I've deleted my shortcut to The Dead Zone (the alternate site). I no longer want to see anything that goes on there, and neither does the public I would imagine. You guys can busy yourselves eating each other's young and supporting users' lies over there. I know that's harsh, but you definitely deserve it."

that is so far off base it's not funny. and since you said you deleted the link to the forum, probably like you deleted the one to here only to return days later. keep in mind I see all the IP's that come into the forum.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

Robert,
Regarding your attachment, I thought 377 bought the Cooper bill for closer to $4500 -- not $8000. Is that right, 377?

This is how incorrect dollar figures work their way into other stories.

"...Robert,
Regarding your attachment, I thought 377 bought the Cooper bill for closer to $4500 -- not $8000. Is that right, 377?

This is how incorrect dollar figures work their way into other stories...."

I thought 377 paid about $3,500. I was at the auction. But then, 377 himself can tell us, right?

Jo wrote

I was afraid to let the FBI have 2 items I knew had Duane's DNA on them...and justifiable so as it took them 5 yrs to return the other stuff. With what I know now the watch & pipe could have gone POOF!

Not justifiable Jo. You could have retained a part of the items that had Duane's DNA and given the other part to the FBI. Or you could have done your own swabs under controlled conditions with good chain of custody records. If you withhold critical evidence and then complain about the throroughness of the FBI investigation it looks hypocritical.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote

I was afraid to let the FBI have 2 items I knew had Duane's DNA on them...and justifiable so as it took them 5 yrs to return the other stuff. With what I know now the watch & pipe could have gone POOF!

Not justifiable Jo. You could have retained a part of the items that had Duane's DNA and given the other part to the FBI. Or you could have done your own swabs under controlled conditions with good chain of custody records. If you withhold critical evidence and then complain about the throroughness of the FBI investigation it looks hypocritical.

I have OFFERED to let the FBI swab the links in the WATCH - it has never been cleaned and the expandable band is the best source of DNA I have besides the pipe he used - but they had not been used in the 6 or 7 yrs before he died - maybe more. He used to smoke the pipe until he went on the machine. He loved that pipe....the others were just because and only a couple of those were ever used.

The WATCH is the best source - but the FBI was not interested enough for me to take it by to be swabbed.

Robert,

It's not a story. It was just an auction sale. If the only thing you were concerned about regarding that post was the amount I said 377 paid for a Cooper bill...then you missed the point completely. However, I'm not going to address that post any further. I said what I had to say. I think I provided sufficient proof of my point and we can leave it at that.

Cooper Stuff: Tina (co-writer) reports that she has many of the storyboards drawn up for the KC script. I'm going to be examining them soon and then we can start typing up the script based on the boards. We have a pretty good idea on how we want to present Kenny's story up until 1994, when he dies of cancer, but we haven't decided yet whether to take it to the present day, via Lyle's contact, the initial Geoff Gray article, and everything that followed. Still deciding on that. Some of this decision will be based on whether we can present everything or not within the usual 90-120 page limit. I mean...if we reach 1994 and we're already up to near 90 pages, we may have to simplify it down to some text presented on-screen at the end instead. I will keep you updated. I think Tina is going to allow me to reveal her name soon. This is no big deal. I doubt any of you know her or anything.

Jo wrote*** the thoroughness of the investigation it looks ......

CNN reports: The Australian RAF and Australian Prime Minister
announced an hour ago that it believes it has located
"wreckage" of an aircraft... based on hi-res satellite images
which was followed by a search and the recovery of two pieces
of wreckage now being examined. More aircraft have been
dispatched to the area of recovery ... US involved...

News conference live - CNN live.

PS: ... now saying they do not have the two "objects" in hand!
Only sighted two objects... nature of the items sighted has NOT
been confirmed .... press conference over... stay tuned to CNN
for developments.

georger

***Jo wrote

the thoroughness of the investigation it looks ......

The Australian RAF has reported that it believes it has located
wreckage of an aircraft... based on hi-res satellite images which
was followed by a search and the recovery of two pieces of
wreckage.

News conference pending - CNN live.

Good post. More important than Cooper by far. I'm out to Google News, etc. Thank you for posting.

RobertMBlevins

Robert,

It's not a story. It was just an auction sale. If the only thing you were concerned about regarding that post was the amount I said 377 paid for a Cooper bill...then you missed the point completely. However, I'm not going to address that post any further. I said what I had to say. I think I provided sufficient proof of my point and we can leave it at that.

Cooper Stuff: Tina (co-writer) reports that she has many of the storyboards drawn up for the KC script. I'm going to be examining them soon and then we can start typing up the script based on the boards. We have a pretty good idea on how we want to present Kenny's story up until 1994, when he dies of cancer, but we haven't decided yet whether to take it to the present day, via Lyle's contact, the initial Geoff Gray article, and everything that followed. Still deciding on that. Some of this decision will be based on whether we can present everything or not within the usual 90-120 page limit. I mean...if we reach 1994 and we're already up to near 90 pages, we may have to simplify it down to some text presented on-screen at the end instead. I will keep you updated. I think Tina is going to allow me to reveal her name soon. This is no big deal. I doubt any of you know her or anything.

Robert,
You always assume someone is yanking your chain. I have no reason to doubt your Skip story, so I had no questions. I did want to know were that $8000 figure came from, since I didn't recall it being anywhere near that high and I was hoping 377 would respond.

Just PM him, or Google up the first symposium in Portland. I believe it's mentioned in news reports.

Saw an expert say on CNN that if an object approximately 78' feet long (Aussies say one piece is this large) then it almost certainly is the tail section of the aircraft. It's about 1:00PM local in Perth right now. So they should know something soon. May not even be from the aircraft, I suppose. Same expert said that if it IS from the tail section, this means an attempt was made to ditch because nothing that large would survive a head-in crash.

However...there is something else. Isn't the ELT located in the tail? And if it is...why hasn't anyone picked up a sat signal from it if it's been floating for so many days? Hmm...we will see.

Quote:
Robert,

This is how incorrect dollar figures work their way
into other stories.

$3600-ish as I recall. I've been told it was a good price, but who knows?
I stare at it a lot. Wish Bruce's remote viewing really worked. What this bill has seen would likely be fascinating.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I was recalling that the tail was the thing finally discovered in the Air France crash. I haven't researched that one heavily, but I know they had a stall and screwed the pooch on any recovery. But I think a head-in crash on 370 would not leave any pieces 78 feet long still floating. This is not MY opinion, I'm simply agreeing with some of the experts they've already presented on the cable news channels. This could point to an attempted ditch where the tail simply broke off at impact.

Well...we should know the truth on this report pretty soon. Maybe within hours. I suppose the best-case scenario would be at least some survivors, but first things first. My biggest question...if it really IS the tail section...is why no ELT signals were picked up. Isn't that in the tail? I don't know if signals were sent out on the Air France crash, but I know it took them days to locate it.

Actual real pilots feel free to speak up anytime. :)
EDIT: Oh...I wanted to make a mention about Malaysia Airlines and Twitter. While millions of Tweets go out and back and forth on this incident worldwide, you're lucky if you get a Tweet a day from the actual airline whose plane is missing. WTF is that about? 'Cooperation' is not MA's middle name, or their first or last name either. A more heartless organization I have not seen. I did not enjoy watching that scene today where the mother of one of the passengers started crying and demanding information about her son...and then security guys dragged her out of the building.

Let's compare that to something else. If this had happened at Alaska Airlines, those guys would have been a LOT more understanding...and much more polite. Screw MA. One thing about Malaysia you can bet on. In the last two weeks, the world found out a lot more about how they run things there. And none of it is very good. They don't know where their own planes are going, and they stuff people into jail for being gay.

*Not planning any vacations to Malaysia anytime soon* ;)

ELTs are usually located aft, often on fuselage roof near the base of the tail fin.

If the ELT is submerged no signal would be heard. The salt water would effectively ground the antenna. Even in fresh water radio waves on ELT VHF frequencies are drastically attenuated by water.

Subs can't send radio signals effectively while submerged. They can receive powerful VLF radio signals while submerged. They can use radio comm buoys that rise to the surface.

I have 2 witness who witnessed the plane (by sound) West of Mt. St Helens and one of these individuals is very astute regarding wind & the 2 sisters story seem pausible. Mr. H had told the sister she did NOT hear the plane, but all of these yrs she has insisted that she did. Mr. H said what she heard was the search planes - BUT the time and the sound - she lived on and near bases much of her life - she knew it was NOT the search planes chasing the plane.

She did NOT know about the skyjacking that night nor did her husband the next day when he went to do a job for someone he knew on that holiday. He would pass a guy walking & he didn't act like he wanted to be picked up. He was was not dressed for hiking or walking. He had on a brown jacket with something of color like a sweater under it and he had a package that appeared to be a satchel of some sort - not a briefcase. He went on past the man, but had NO knowledge that morning about a skyjacker.

When he got home from the job he told his wife about what he saw and then they went to the FBI, but were ignored repeatedly.

She contacted the authorities, but was told it was the chase plane - she KNEW the sound they heard was NOT a chase plane. She had lived on & near bases & knew the difference in the sounds just as I did.

When she read my story Margie Boule wrote in 2000 or 2001 she again contacted Mr. H., but not the FBI after she & her sister contacted me.

Her sister lived near Cougar at the time and other reports put the plane closer to Yale. There was a logging bridge over the river at that time owned by the Forestry and she felt he crossed over there as that was NOT to far from where her husband saw him walking, but theory on her part.

Was an easy walk to were the rail cars where stored & something about the logging industry keeping one around the upper location. Even the Chelachie guys thought someone had been in their facility the night before, but this was also ignored by the FBI.

The Heisson store was very close to the rails. What many of you do not know is that I was told the Heisson store had someone enter thru a bathroom window. They reported it, but nothing was taken they could account for. The old tower was very close to the store - and when I went into it in 2010 on my trip - I knew I had been there - I was there with Duane and I went to the bathroom in 1979.

When I was there with the crew in 1991 it was CLOSED. The crew went pulled up infront of it but, that was all.

If I had gone into it - I would have recognized it. In 2010 the people there were very nice & basically I stopped to go to the bathroom & realize how familiar it was & asked the owner some questions.

In 1979 Duane drove very fast - my mind had not taken into acct time & space between the memories.

This factor is why I argued with Sluggo when he came to see me...I thought I was further South - but time and space is NOT accounted for in the memory of details...otherwise our minds would never be able to move forward. The mind is a remarkable thing...and as we age we start to forget things - some individuals cannot recall the way I was trained to recall.....my brother is the same way. We have retained memories others just cannot concieve.

As I age - I can't remember things I did last wk or sometimes a few moments ago.
That is because those memories are trivial and everyday things...and I fear dementia more than I fear death.

Just above that area 4 individuals were in one home that night (all adults) who claimed the plane passed very close but they could not see the plane and it was a large plane. This is in a direct line below where Dona was living in 1971

The 4 individuals lived off or NE Kelly road
and just above that Dona lived below Amboy off of NE 216. This is a direct line from 216 to Kelly Road. The Tower that was not there in 1979 with Duane was off of the Lucia Falls Rd just about Heisson. Basketflat Rd. I never found & did not have the time to locate someone who could show me where that tower was in 1971.

Below Theorizing on what I was told and thing Duane told me:

If the man who was walking was Cooper then that would mean he spent the next night at the tower...but I would have thought the authorities would have been all over that area by that morning.

Thanksgiving morn seen walking ( if hubby was not play mind game with his wife) Thankgiving day's eve is at the Tower and breaks into the store for food for socks or whatever....but HOW if this is true could he NOT have run into search crews the next morning unless he kept going that night to another location.

Did he take a pump car at Chelathie or did he ditch it and jump a lumber load moving out. Duane told me about the trains slowing down there - he mentioned this and noted there used to be a STOP sign at this point just behind the Heisson Store.

Anything I say is just connecting dots that may not connect. The other statement Duane made in 1979 was how fast the train was coming down thru Yacolt and Moulton falls. I thought he was talking about a passenger plane~! I didn't know in 1979 it was a rail for the LOGGING industry... and it originated in the FOREST not another town or state.
I was so naive! I did NOT concieve that a rail could come out of NO where like in the middle of a forest.

Duane did mention a cemetary in Yacolt. I can't piece it together & there is NO historian to help me do this. I do not know what was there when...Why and How did he know that - when was he there?

Som how Cooper evaded the authorities & ended up coming right back a them. Duane made that statement then and and he made it a couple of other times in our marriage. Then he showed me where an old house used to be across from the PDX in 1979. It was an empty lot in 1979...but he used to know someone who had a house there & talked about how slow the trains went thur there (because of a switching station in Vancouver) and he mention a subdivision on the other side of the rails over a berm - I could see not houses. Told me there used to be some very nice homes there.

This location was either on Topper Dr, Lieser Point or Image Lane. That is the only 3 possible locations it could have been & I cannot get anyone to search the property records in Vancouver for me. It means going back into the files to find all of the property owners of the lots in those two locations prior to 1979.

One of those home owners Duane knew and Duane spent sometime in that home.
Who was it - was this the Sheriff, a member of Duane's family, Friends of the family - WHO was it....get me the information and if it is a name in my research it will POP for all of you.

Jo,

Believe what you want about pump car use and availablilty in 1971. I just thought you might want to see what railroad historical websites had to say.

Pump cars typically took FOUR men to operate. Two could do it, but one would be inadequate on anything other than zero grade trackbeds. They were no good for ascending steep grades. Even you said:
Quote:
in that area there were hills

Nevertheless, you have this vision that Duane used a pump car to get out of the area and apparently nothing will change your mind.

Quote:
Retirement
Handcars began their decline in 1910 when the motorized speeder car saw widespread use. The problem with handcars was that by the time the crew pumped to the location they were physically worn out. The motorized cars moved faster and required fewer men to operate.

In 1911 Union Pacific retired the handcar from branch line service in Western Nebraska. Branch line track sections typically covered 10 miles, nearly twice that of mainline sections. Immediate labor savings became apparent. Between 1910 and 1915 the pace of handcar retirement could be compared to the pace of steam locomotive retirements in the late 1940's, early 1950's.

One interesting development was various companies offered conversion kits to convert handcars into motorized vehicles. The pump handle was removed and replaced with an engine and the various parts needed to proprel the car.

By 1920 most handcars had been replaced by motorized cars. Sheffield and Kalamazoo continued to advertise the cars in their catalog into World War II, but few were probably sold. Some handcars were left around yards and there are stories from railroaders into the 1970's of handcars relegated to corners of engine maintenance facility shops, only to be taken out for an occasional quick back and forth fun run in the yard.

The chances of a handcar being in use on an active rail line in 1971 was tiny.

Whatever happened to the idea of just WALKING out of the area of the drop zone? I have related my story about being stuck in the snow in January many miles in the woods between the Kalama and Lewis rivers. I ran my truck into a snowbank on a Forest Service road up there. Running those roads after dark, well...I probably should have called it a night and set up camp instead of continuing. I got stuck, dug out a sleeping bag and went to sleep in the cab.

I bailed the truck cab at first light and made Woodland around 3PM. Ten-twelve mile walk maybe. Called my sister, got a ride home. Mainly I just boonie-crashed west or followed any trail or spur around until I found asphalt. It wasn't THAT tough. If you are familiar with the Evergreen State, you know most of the rivers on the west side of the central and southern Cascades flow west. And most of the creeks run into the rivers.

After I got home, my friend Rick and I took his Big Bad Dodge pickup up there and pulled out my truck. I let him break trail back to the paved road. My opinion on Cooper has always been: If he came down in one piece on the west side of the Cascades, he could have walked out.

The forestry had small ones they used to get water and food to the workers. ASK the people in WA who were alive and working there in the 50's & 60's. I talked to an individual who worked where they were stored - the new ones...the logging industry had some small ones.

Are you talking about that area of the Lewis Rail?

I theorize he used a pump car from the course of the conversation he had with me at that time. The person who I spoke to who has an intimate connection to this also thinks this is how he did it. Check you PM's I will tell you how this person know all about this and they you ask why?

I do NOT know what kind of car they had in 1979 - but I assumed pump cars (because of a statement Duane made) and have not discussed it with anyone.
WE are NOT talking about big ones anyway.

Read what you said below:

"Some handcars were left around yards and there are stories from railroaders into the 1970's of handcars relegated to corners of engine maintenance facility shops, only to be taken out for an occasional quick back and forth fun run in the yard".

Check you PM's I will send one when I get thur here.

"The chances of a handcar being in use on an active rail line in 1971 was tiny."

Like I said check you PM's.