47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I believe it was BS who made the following statement:

"We may be witnessing medical history play out right in front of us, and you mock, Jo?

Perhaps that is why she talks about herself in the third-person, like we do."

Bruce Smith is a mockery to the truths & his mind has kinky twists & in his quest for fame he does not care who he demeans.

I lived with Weber from 1976 until his death in 1995. That is not a false memory.

I spent from 1996 to 2014 researching WEBER & personally corresponded with the brother & sister & others who knew Duane Weber...Bruce never spoke to any of them...but I have their letters and the notes from my phone conversations with them.

I spent a lot of money & time dealing with some disfunctional members from two of his marriages. Bruce never spoke to these individuals.

Sometime I do speak about myself in 3rd person - a similar defense trait Duane used when he would tell me a story about himself - "I used to know a man"

Well, he did "used to know a man" - he was talking about himself & he was no longer that criminal...he felt he had paid his debt to society trying to do the right things & did not want his past to be a part of our lives. He did this for 18 yrs - that took some social & protective skills to accomplish.

I did not "sneak around my last husband to research Duane". I did not want to take away from this man who loved and protected me....he actually deserved more than I was able to give him. He knew about my research and involvement with Cooper, but he married me anyway.

I do feel I cheated him by not giving up what I felt was my duty regarding justice. Of course Bruce makes it sound sordid with his distasteful wording of "sneak". My husband knew what I was doing - I just tried to do it when he was asleep or in treatment and not let it interfer with our everyday life.

I never had to make up one word of my story - the way Bruce & other have. I had no preconceive notions - I just researched Weber's background & that is more than the FBI did.

Explain why the FBI did not reveal to his widow certain things - WHY she had to FIND them & confront the FBI? Yet the FBI had no legitimate excuse for their inaccuracies.

Everyone has memories & some of have better recall than others...I lived with Weber from 1976 to 1995 and no one else not even his mother spent that many yrs with him.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

It is almost midnight where I live and I have been ORDERED to get more rest...Midnight is my pill time so I have to discipline myself to turn off the computer & shut down. My Drs are very aware of this battle I have been fighting for 18 yrs.

Six of the yrs with Duane were difficult because of his kidney disease and it was a long and hard battle.

My last husband was diagnosed with Cancer shorty after we married...but I am not one to abandon some one I love....that was a hard 7 yrs.

Now I have to take care of myself and that is all I have is myself...I have devoted the last 7 & 1/2 yrs of my life to my mission....& I do not have much more to give....so the threat I recieved didn't mean diddle squat to me.....

So what if the truth is dangerous - at least I will have done the right thing!

NO crime should be glorified & if others contributed or had knowledge of the crime regardless of the intended reason or incidental knowledge - it was a crime. They should have come forward with what they suspected or had knowledge of - unless they were themselves involved, but it is my understanding the knowledge was only after the fact.

A gambling game with a lot of booze & a lot of talk...no one ever thought anyone of the individuals would even think about doing it.

Duane walked away with "Mouse" that night! He never looked back & he put the plan in action. Hell, what did he have to loose - he figured he would be dead in a 7 yr time frame - but science gave him 26 yrs of life after that GAME.

Guess he won in more ways than one. Well, not sure about that as he spent the last 18 of them with me....but he was not in prison - he was free.

He was the LOVE of MY life....but, How I would have felt about him had I know the truth earlier on - I am not sure. I probably would have walked & reported him. That is how I was raised.

I was the perfect shield & he needed me - he knew who I was before he married me....

The story of our first meeting:

I will always believe he was the ticket agent at one of the rides at the fair in my home town in 1958 when he was on the run....Her father witnessed a conversation with this young man. Noted he was circus trash & told her never to talk to drifters who worked the circuses.

When Duane first met me he knew I was that girl whose father dragged her away...from the concession at the fair. He must have been on his way to Fla because that was his next arrest..

When he met me in Atlanta & asked me about where I lived & asked my fathers name - he knew I was the right woman - the girl he met in 1958.

Duane would later tell me he did circus work during that time , but never told me he had met me. I did not realize it until I learned about the 1959 Treasure Island arrest...

It was something that was meant to be. I was the shield he need & the reason he thought he could go straight & damn if he didn't ... he had some set backs, but he did good.

After seening the Jefferson pic - I knew he was the older version of the ticket agent on one of rides that night in Ky.

Conjecture on my part - but I do want to believe that is when the magic started..

Maybe it was another young man hard up on his luck & not Duane, but it makes a good story & perhaps why he was able to make his life right when he found me again...

He recognized me - & he was going to have me - & he even joked about having met me before, but felt I would have rejected him had I know it was really him at the fair - just the way I was brought up.

His life goes on & my life goes on He ends up going back to prison and then several yrs with a woman who looked like me but nothing like the clean cut girl he met in KY. He disappears off the face of the earth from 1962 until 1965 and goes rouge - he goes to Jefferson and more yrs & 2 other marriages but that night in 1976 he met her again...Regardless he finally got it right....& spent the next 18 yrs living a good life - he had the decent respectable wife his family would have been proud of.

Well, He could have been that young man - it makes a good story.

He did tell me he used to work for a fair that traveled thru there....I never made the connection & if I had - I would probably have not married him.....my daddy was good judge of guys.

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014 by Jo Weber

(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Dec 14, 2014, 1:16 AM)

Boy, did I get a surprising phone call this evening - one from Robb's ex wife!

Her name is Mary Stevenson, and she's writing a book about her life, including a major section on how she dated Robb before he went to Vietnam, and then continued their relationship once he returned home. After Robb's incarceration they married, and the union lasted seven years.

Mary says that she had no inkling that Robb was gonna hijack an airplane, and she heard about it when she called Robb's house later that day and got the news from Robb's sister.

She also says that she taught Robb how to meditate once he went to prison, which is how he survived prison and got out after eight years.

Unlike some folks at this site, Mary says that she wrote her book in three days. She claims that a writing seminar with Tom Bird really opened her floodgates of insight, passion, and deliberation.

RobertMBlevins

***Boy, did I get a surprising phone call this evening - one from Robb's ex wife!

Her name is Mary Stevenson, and she's writing a book about her life, including a major section on how she dated Robb before he went to Vietnam, and then continued their relationship once he returned home. After Robb's incarceration they married, and the union lasted seven years.

Mary says that she had no inkling that Robb was gonna hijack an airplane, and she heard about it when she called Robb's house later that day and got the news from Robb's sister.

She also says that she taught Robb how to meditate once he went to prison, which is how he survived prison and got out after eight years.

Unlike some folks at this site, Mary says that she wrote her book in three days. She claims that a writing seminar with Tom Bird really opened her floodgates of insight, passion, and deliberation.

It could happen. November was NaNoWriMo. (National Novel Writing Month, in which you do a book in 30 days or less in November)

Maybe she just went non-fiction. :)
Imagining Jo writing her book in three days is miraculous, enough, but can you see somebody editing it? That would be truly heroic.

We're rootin' for ya, Jo!

The 1st Smokejumper BASE

Oregon - 1943.

Closed - 1981.

Some of the remanents of the Base still existed in 1981. I do not know if any of it still exists.

Where is CAVE JUNCTION?

One of the BOYS went there.

Thornhill was in the area from 1968 to 1980. Any connection to the Thornhill who was in one the pics below?

Duane also claimed to have known a man who became an Astronaut - where the hell did Duane meet someone like that?

Is the man who scaled Mount Everest in 1964 still alive. Who is Snowman?

Was the Mouse in Vietnam?

Did the Mouse like to gamble?

You guys gotta lot of research to do!

I'll give you the same option you gave Marla...:)
If i was to contact the Josephine County Sheriff since there is no local police? they will verify your story correct? a report had to be filed since there was obviously damage to both vehicles.

The bike was in pieces all over the road.

How does a car that has damage clearly showing hit a motorcycle from behind not get a ticket? your bike in "pieces all over the road"

Several tickets should have been issued. failure to use due care is one. hitting a vehicle from behind is two. why not just go around you?

Just how far is two telephone poles, about 100 feet I would say, if not more.

A 750 is a medium size motorcycle in 1979?

One usually gets shot up in the air when hit on a motorcycle. you would have sustained injuries before you hit the ground at those speeds. when hit from behind the bike goes ahead of you, and the car will catch you. how did you slingshot forward? that only happens when a bike comes to complete stop while traveling at high speeds.you should of hit the side of the car where it impacted the bike then traveling forward.

I'm calling BS.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6n7wxW4Rs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFaAqS2f18

Rider goes Back into the cop car that hit the bike..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_6nlqM5EJQ
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

"Telephone poles, also called utility poles, differ in their spacing when located in urban versus rural areas. Within a U.S. urban landscape, utility poles tend to be spaced 125 feet apart. In rural areas, utility poles are spaced as much as 300 feet apart."

Perhaps if your bomb making witness seen it we could get the REAL story ;)

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

The story is in question, not what you think of me.

The story is either BS, or not even close to what really happened.

I don't have the time for twenty pages....

Spin away, I'm outta here.

"...Cave Junction, Oregon, is a small town on Highway 199 in southern Oregon. It is a heavily-used route for travelers going from Highway 101 along the northern California coast and back to the Interstate 5 freeway at Grants Pass.

As it happens, I had a life-altering experience near that town which was frankly a miracle..."

The miracles are stackin' up, Bobby.

1. Getting in a pickle on your motorcycle in Cave Junction, OR, flying through the air and landing in a ditch, but no significant injuries.

2. Three days at sea - but within sight of land - paddling an inflatable kayak to the island off the coast of the Quinault area. Kayak deflates partially but you keep going....

3. Four weeks trapped in a tent in the northern Cascades, underneath a few feet of snow with only a dozen packets of hot cocoa powder to consume.

4. A couple days stranded in a lean-to in the environs of the William O Douglas Wilderness area, slipping down the slope endlessly because it was so wet and icy, but finally....

On the other hand, we have another poster here driving to Seattle from Colorado for a business conference but her hubby stops off at The Dalles to dig in the dirt for six hours, then he stops along the Columbia at a few locations, then Tina Bar, then the hills around Camas, WA, then the walkway at the Red Lion Inn, then to Seattle pointing out landmarks off the I-5.

Afterwards, they head down to Bend, Oregon on the way to Reno, stopping first at Sandy Point/Hills/River, OR. When they get back to Colorado they move to Alabama because the money was found at Tena Bar, but they know it's really Tina Bar, and the wife says that during the above trip her husband left her for a few hours one day and may have gone to Gresham, OR, where another Tina was located.

The Vortex is strong.

Such a dramatic "Easy Rider" type of a trip should calls for pictures. 6 months across this great nation and nothing much to say except a phony accident? where did the bike end up? who paid for the removal of the "hundreds of pieces' on the road? what was the typical things that went wrong with choppers during long road trips? who financed this excursion? I started riding bikes at age 9, or 10. I never had a chopper, but just about everything else, including stitches, and broken bones.

You usually go on and on when confronted? it's amazing how a car was able to turn sideways at the last moment, and to top it off it was a insurance agent going almost twice the speed limit in horrible conditions? you do realize an insurance agent can lose his job with points on his license, right Bobby. why risk that? did you follow up like you do every single thing here? perhaps a PDF of the whole thing :)
Regardless as to what you think of me, I've shown you logic and why things don't ad up. you hate that striking back by personally attacking me to divert.

Though you were leaving.....again? nothing changes with Bobby, does it? :)

Happy Hanukkah, everyone.

It's 4:41 pm and I just looked outside - it's pitch black! We sure are in the time-of-the-long-night here. Coupled with the rain and fog, it is darker than dark. Thank Gawd we have Christmas lights up everywhere -

And the eight candles of Channukah.

By the way, I asked my ex, who is the former president of her shul, last year how to spell Hanukkah, and she said that there are a variety of spellings. It reminds me of what she would say at other times of Judaic confusion: "Two Jews, three opinions."

It reminds me of Bobby - One man, many stories.

Still in court.......

My hit & run is noted because it CLEARLY shows what people can do with false evidence, or statements. you don't know what is going on, so don't try and shift the blame like you always do. the insurance company is not capable of charging me with anything. it shows you take things and run with half the facts! the insurance company automatically raises your rates when a claim is filed. I keep forgetting you work with half of most stories.

You posted the ridiculous story, not me. if you don't like to be challenged, perhaps you could stay away from forums!

Newsflash. when someone makes a statement on a public forum, you can bet you will get a reply. what does any of your fabled accident have to do with Cooper? NOTHING.

You are basically all by yourself here. wonder why that is? mostly due to your constant whining about what Georger says about you, and the constant news cast type reports about my forum. it's not doing anything Bobby, but thanks for the support B|

Merry Christmas my friend!

You assume too much Bobby. I forgot all about the movie deal. I have to many other things to worry about than being upset about nonsense you post.

Our opinions are no DIFFERENT than what you claimed about Marla.

Robert Blevins, 2012

"I didn't 'drive Marla Cooper away'. I pointed out flaws in her story,"

That's exactly what many have done with your story Bobby. you have no problem dishing it out, but take the 5th when it comes your way. you shift the blame constantly. it pathetic....

FYI, you don't own this site, so please stop telling me what I should be doing. understood?

"I do like your user Moriarty though. He seems like a sensible guy to me"

Oh, the guy who has a Opra proxy with two different IP's, Canada, and SEATTLE? him?

Moriarty is from Sherlock Holmes isn't it? what's the name of Skipp's gig? you certainly wouldn't be doing something dishonest....again would you?

YOU BRUCE ARE EVERYTHING I EVER CALLED YOU AND LIAR IS ONE OF THEM.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO CLAIM I SAID THIS OR THAT GET IT RIGHT!

WE DID NOT GO TO TINA'S BAR OR THE RED LION UNTIL AFTER WE HAD BEEN TO SEATTLE....AND DUANE MET WITH A FRIEND ONE OF THOSE AFTERNOONS AND COMES BACK TO THE ROOM GIDDY.

WHEN WE LEFT SEATTLE IS WHEN WE WENT TO THE RIVER SITES AND TO TINA'S BAR AND THE RED LION...NOT ON OUR WAY TO SEATTLE.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT OR DO NOT UTTER OR WRITE ONE WORD ABOUT WEBER OR HIS WIFE JO.

WE DIDN'T MOVE TO ALABAMA BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED IN WA.

DUANE DID NOT GO TO GRESHAM ALONE...I WAS WITH HIM AND THAT WAS ON OUR WAY TO TAHOE BY WAY OF BEND OR.

IF YOU UTTER ONE WORD OF YOUR GARBAGE ABOUT DUANE - THAT IS FALSE OR ME - THEN PREPARE YOURSELF...

YOU ARE NO MORE THAN AN OLD ENQUIRER SMUT WRITER. YOU ARE ENCAPABLE OF REPORTING THE TRUTHS.

Would you guys grow up! ALL of you.

Bruce the bully is such a coward he only pics on old ladies.

Blevins your story had ZERO to do with Cooper or suspects or the money find. YOU just provide others with bait to go after & use regarding off subject postings. YOU are so self driven you do not even see what they are trying to do.

Some of them would LOVE to see this thread closed! Some of them will do anything they can to accomplish that goal! GET IT!

Blevins, you are NOT why this thread even exists....you were a late comer...

Blevins you abuse this thread by using it to prostelize your writing abilities. You are using this thread to promote yourself.

By the way I am very familiar with the company you claimed contacted you!

If you continue to let these guys goad you into making defensive post - guess who wins? They do!

Blevins just stick to writing, but STOP trying to sell YOUR abilities on this thread.

THE SUBJECT is D.B. COOPER.

EVERYONE needs to stay on topic or excuse yourselves from the thread.

Does anyone have anything to discuss on this thread about Cooper?

I want to SEE pictures NOT ARIELS of the background behind the money find - not the pictures in the book.
They do no show anything beyond the dig and the money find...they do not show the structures behind the scenes.

There has to be actual pictures taken from the shore line looking back a the dig and the properties off shore. There must be pictures of the house and its exact location in relation to the money find... NO no more of the same old same ole.

Surely someone in WA has pictures taken at Tena's bar over the yrs even as far back as 1960's and the into the 70's.....Surely Fazion & Himmelsbach did NOT stage that with me in 200 with a production company.

The production company - did they ever show any of that on the news or in a clip?... Someone has knowledge of this beside me....makes me think the entire group was staged & the scene staged....what I remember is NOT like the ariels....

I need to see actual pictures and they did use actual pictures of the properties in the 60's.

Somewhere those pictures are stored - I need for someone to find them.

Also need the names of the property owners on Topper Dr, Lieser Pt & Image Ln in 1940's and thru 1971.

THIS is very important & some of you live in WA & could do the property searches or knows some one who can do it....

I am not asking anyone to do this for FREE - but, I expect results that can be proven...not hype. What is the name & county appraisers name - get that for me and their contact information. They will find someone who has the knowledge to help me.

Some ONE besided me has to want to see these old pictures...
Amazon - do you have any?

skyjack71

Does anyone have anything to discuss on this thread about Cooper?

Jo, You apparently haven't noticed that D.B. Cooper has not been discussed on this thread for the last couple of years or so.

The vast majority of posts in recent years have been by Blevins on his KC book, movie manuscript, and forthcoming Broadway stage musical, and by you pushing Duane as Cooper. And as both Blevins and you know, KC and Duane Weber were NOT Cooper and did not have anything to do with the hijacking.

In my opinion, your chances of finding a picture showing a building at your claimed location are rather small since all other pictures of that location over the decades do NOT show a building there.

Just saying.

Robert99

Robert99

***Does anyone have anything to discuss on this thread about Cooper?

In my opinion, your chances of finding a picture showing a building at your claimed location are rather small since all other pictures of that location over the decades do NOT show a building there.

Just saying.

Robert99

I was there and I did NOT imagine what I saw and at 2 different times.
My memory is not that flawed. WHY do you guys keep showing ariels that I cannot read....there have to be pictures.

I found the old house off of LaCames Lake by contacting the Property Appraisers office. They were doing away with the pictures, but she found it and I had my house.

I can't imagine they destroy the old pictures - they must be archived some place in Vancouver....

Surely some of the old residents of the area have old pictures - the house and the beach as it was in 1979 & 2001....

I would appreciate any assistance I can get from this regardless of the source...Need a long time resident of that area or some on willing to spend some time in the old archived pictures they used to use with property records.

PRODUCE this and maybe it will help explain something.

Is it at all possible that the area publized was NOT where the money was found....has me wondering about this? I know my memory and my visual memory had always been on target before.

The ariels you can flush down the toilet - I did not see the area from the sky...I was on the ground.

Perhaps it has to do with distance and space...why I need actual photos!

I want explanations you Robt99 have NOT provided....pictures not ariels.

Remember the Green Mountain that I was told did NOT exist...the one down in the Washougal area....I found it in 2010 after yrs of Jerry Thomas saying it did NOT exist, but it was THERE!

That is just ONE example of how some of you have manuevered facts.

JT also told me there was NOT house on the South side of the lake belonging to the parties I stated & it WAS THERE!

Mr. Ford who had Air Park - his widow Mildred remarried after his death and became a Taylor....

Mr. Ford was with AWARE prior to his owning AIR PARK.

Yet, not one of you cared about exploring this.....a fact!

All I see with you Robt99 & that other guy - I keep forgetting his name....what's his name....the one we call Georger - Oh, yes his name is Jerry Warren....! Seemingly you and that other guy have NEVER acknowledge AWARE....wonder why?

You and the others do not even have nor do you care about producing REAL evidence...just fabricating things to deflect away from the truths whatever the truths are.

Seems like you have NEVER addressed AWARE nor has Georger. Also how many time do I have to mention Meire a name you should know all too well. Think Vegas and think BC....yea like Porteous he stays out of the states...Porteous - that may not be the man's real name.

The subjects that would solve the case - you and certain others completely ignore and diss.

Robt99 doesn't even live in WA and he only came to this thread to disperse along with an OLD buddy (Georger) or whatever his name really is.

I can tell you this much the guy who calls himself Georger - only came to this thread to see what was happening. He tried and failed to stop the truths...

He use to know a guy named KISSY KISSY & knows exactly what I mean by that. Georger (JW) was the one holding the infomation after Kissy Kissy was gone.

When he was not successful in halting the truths (JO) THEY sent in Robt99.

I have been warned more than one time....& the last time was just recently...."Too Much Information can be dangerous". I REFUSE to live a lie & I REFUSE to let the truths die.

Was Weber actually Cooper? Well if he wasn't why do others work so hard to produce false information....regarding the money and the location!

If the area I was taken to was NOT Tena's Bar - why would a movie crew & Himmelsbach stage that?

The place Duane took me in 1979! NOT one of you have produced the pictures I have asked for....WHY?

These 2 old geezers are trying to cover up a crime - they were part of....and/or had knowledge of.

The files for Kissy Kissy were kept by Georger.

Now make sense of that! They know exactly what I am saying, but I do try to tiptoe around the subject - hoping that one of them actually has a conscience.

Remember who took the Pictures?
Sure they remember who took the Pictures...they paid a pretty price for them in 1990 - Duane kept a little INSURANCE.

You guys have no idea what I am talking about, but Georger (JW) and Robt 99 do! Meire also knows, but he won't be around much longer. I am NOT talking about one of the posters named Meire.

Las Vegas! Want to play poker?
Sorry I don't bluff very well so I do not play poker....I shoot straight as an arrow. Now if you want to play dirty - well, perhaps I am holding an ACE & that is why I am still alive today.

Yea, they failed in 2000. Do either one of you know how much pain I live in due to the botched JOB. 15 broken ribs on ONE side along with a bad eye from the accident & a bum knee. I had touched the brakes rather than going straight across as was expected. THEY put petal to the metal but, 3 inches saved my life. Yea, I am a tough Cookie!

Accident was NO accident & I have lived 14 yrs & 6 months with the injuries.

The ones who fight the most to make JO go away are & where involved with the ideas behind the SKYJACKING...their only hope is to out live me....but, they THINK I have no proof. Maybe I do & maybe I don't....guess we will find out soon.

WHAT did Duane take off of that plane? What did he do on the "hunting" trip? What was he doing while others sat along the wall?

RobertMBlevins

Yeah...you REALLY gave him good advice there. Why? Because you weren't thinking about what might be best for Bruce's book, but your personal issues with ME. You should stick to flying, which you are far better at doing and much more informed about. :S

I did give Bruce some publishing advice, but it was not to spite you, Robert. I wasn't thinking of you when I did my best to help him in his endeavor. I don't have a beef with you, and I actually think you're one of the nicer people on these forums. That being said, I do think Bruce needs to walk his own path, though.

RR

RobertMBlevins

Yeah...you REALLY gave him good advice there. Why? Because you weren't thinking about what might be best for Bruce's book, but your personal issues with ME. You should stick to flying, which you are far better at doing and much more informed about. :S

I did give Bruce some publishing advice, but it was not to spite you, Robert. I wasn't thinking of you when I did my best to help him in his endeavor. I don't have a beef with you, and I actually think you're one of the nicer people on these forums. That being said, I do think Bruce needs to walk his own path, though.

RR

Not you, NMI. Robert99 is the guy I was talking about in that post. There are few enough Cooper books out there and some are out of print.

Whew. I really try to avoid the hate mongering that goes on in these forums. I like to take friendly jabs at folks from time to time, but I think there are people out there that are down right hateful when it comes to this stuff.

RobertMBlevins

'Jo, You apparently haven't noticed that D.B. Cooper has not been discussed on this thread for the last couple of years or so.

The vast majority of posts in recent years have been by Blevins on his KC book, movie manuscript, and forthcoming Broadway stage musical, and by you pushing Duane as Cooper. And as both Blevins and you know, KC and Duane Weber were NOT Cooper and did not have anything to do with the hijacking...'

I know no such thing, Robert99. (That KC was not Cooper) Don't put words into my mouth. If I thought there wasn't a chance KC was Cooper, I wouldn't have spent the last seven months working on a 62-page final report on him for the Seattle FBI. Or spending the money to run Lyle Christiansen's DNA. Or spend MORE money traveling around this summer to interview additional witnesses. Are you kidding me or what?

I haven't put a link up to my book here in years. I don't even refer to it by its complete title, not generally, nor do I try to sell it to others at Dropzone. I've offered it up free to anyone reading the thread. SEVERAL times now. Just like Bruce Smith does with his manuscript. I don't see you harping on him about that. Wake up and smell the coffee. 90% or better of our paperback sales at AB of Seattle are done through the Ingram Catalog, which is only available to bookstores, retailers, jobbers, etc. and they don't visit Dropzone. We're wholesale only, Robert....you can't even purchase directly from us. So stop saying that crap please, because it isn't true. And I get tired of having to remind you on how a trade publisher works. You might be an excellent pilot but you don't know squat about the publishing biz.

Cooper gets discussed here all the time. It is not my fault that Jo puts up three or four posts in a row. You can address that with her if you wish. In fact, I have tried to limit my postings to no more than one or two a day at most.

Your 'Broadway musical' reference is both insulting and shows that you and a few other Cooperites are jealous and possibly angry that a legitimate film production company would show an interest in the Christiansen story. I don't see anything particularly wrong with them doing that. And I already turned down one offer from another client because they wanted to take serious liberties with Kenny's story. This proves that my main interest in any possible film about Kenny has nothing to do with money. Or musicals. But the truth.

EDIT: I want to address another issue with you as well, Robert. It was when you advised Bruce Smith not to take my offer of editing, cover creation, formatting, and assisting him in setting his book up wholesale via Lightning Source, and via Amazon for the Kindle. Bad idea you think? Here's what you advised him against, which we were ready to provide him for free: Upload fees to LSI, $75. Cost of ISBN, single number: $150. Cost of EAN Bookland barcode, required for books which will be sold in stores: $25. Cover design, front and rear, plus spine: Cost varies, but even the cheap guys charge at least $300 for this. Professional editing and formatting for paperback, including an About The Author section, front and back matter included: Varies, but typical cost is $100 per 10,000 words of the manuscript. I believe Bruce's ms runs about 80K words or more, doesn't it? Cost of proof copy: $30. Cost of inclusion into Ingram's Advance Notice Catalog, which reaches more than 10,000 bookstores and retailers worldwide: $30.

He was to get that all for FREE, plus the creation of the Kindle edition exclusively for Amazon, and his paperback would be available for printing/shipping at wholesale rates in the US, Great Britain, Europe, (two outlets there), South America, Asia, and Australia. He would have been able to obtain his own copies for less than three bucks a pop (for signings, etc) through LSI/Ingram, Amazon and the usual outlets would have listed it because it was at the wholesale trade rate, and these entities would have retailed it for $9.99. For each sale, Bruce would have made about three dollars and change, and all Amazon jobbers and outside distributors would have picked it up and listed it for sale through their own outlets as well. (Because they can make money when the book is available at the trade rate discount.) All in his own name, possibly his own small press if he wanted. This is easy to set up for an author these days, with so many self-publishing their own work.

I don't have a problem with Bruce releasing a book that's both professional and actually priced to sell in the traditional manner. Only YOU did. Of course, Bruce can still release just the Kindle version. But if you don't format the book properly (and this is NOT easy to do) it will get screwed up time and again in Amazon's Kindle converter and they will keep rejecting it until he gets it right. You can't just upload a normal Word document and then it magically works for the Kindle. If you don't know what you're doing...it's 'Dude, You're Screwed,' like the TV show.

BRUCE SMITH, my advice still stands. Don't let Blevins get involved with your book. This is a gift horse where you definitely want to check the teeth.

For the record, I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus either (forgive me St. Nick).

Robert99