47 47
quade

DB Cooper

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/04/16/don_draper_to_become_d_b_cooper_in_mad_men_finale_a_skyjacking_expert_weighs.html

A recent article about the Mad Men DB Cooper plot. Geoffrey Gray was interviewed for this article (Geoffrey posted this on Facebook).
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

EVickiW

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/04/16/don_draper_to_become_d_b_cooper_in_mad_men_finale_a_skyjacking_expert_weighs.html

A recent article about the Mad Men DB Cooper plot. Geoffrey Gray was interviewed for this article (Geoffrey posted this on Facebook).

Thanks, EVick, this was great. Geoffrey is clearly ramping up his rhetoric on Cooper as a schlub, wore a russet jacket and had marcelled hair.

He gets this all from the FBI documentation on Robert Gregory, and it is not supported by anyone else aboard 305.

So, why is GG spinnning the story away from the prevailing view that Cooper was cool, calm and collected - a "real gentleman," according to Tina.

Money talks, nobody walks, I guess.

Speaking of GG, wouldn't you just love to see the invoices for the 2011 Portland Symposium? Did GG really pick up the tab, or did some other entity, like an AGA?

Not only did GG have a week's worth of hotel expenses but he had the main ballroom rented out too. Plus, he paid for Brian Ingram, Dixie and their kid to fly in from Arkansas.

GG hasn't sold that many books, has he?

I think not.

Follow the money. Money and sex make so much happen. Sigh...

"...Nobody else posts details of their personal life here...."

Mark, I'm trying my damnedest to change that here. Let's talk SEX!!!

So, what do you think happened between Curtis Eng and Marla Cooper? Did they do it? Is that why Curtis said Uncle LD was the most promising suspect?

Lastly, do you think I'm gonna get a date with Amazon?

By the way, do you know any Dutch women who live near the Issaquah Sky Sports Center? Let me know, okay? I want to start taking, um , lessons...

"...RobertMBlevins"Georger says in part, regarding the validity of Marla Cooper's claims:

"Pure sophistry...."

Thanks for the lyrics, Georger. I never got that song straight, but now I've got it.

By the way, have you made any phone calls to your bretheren in the FBI? Just askin'. We'd all like to know why the feddies said Uncle LD was DB and then changed their mind.

Lastly, what does sophistry mean? Is that like being a chicken-shit smart-ass? Just askin'.

"...If you ever meet me you will know Bias is not part of my exploration..."

AMEN, Jo! That is exactly how I experience you.

"...I have accepted evidence that went in other directions. I have explored THINGs not discussed in this thread...."

Yes! So, now let's start talking SEX!!! Do you think Marla and Curtis did it? Is that why he told the world that Uncle LD was Dan Cooper, and not Duane? Why would he utter such a nutty thing!

"Note how irrational Bruce is posting right now. That is how GALEN pulls strings - Galen needs for this thread to be shut down so he is using Bruce - feeding him what to say in order to cause agitation on the thread..."

Actually, Jo I think Galen is being played, not the other way around.

Do you ever wonder why the FBI doesn't make a statement on Gossett? I think they are stringing Galen along; he's a useful conduit of information for them. A convenience.

Besides, he is a smart, hard-working investigator. They can't ignore him, so they keep him close to keep tabs on him.

But you already know that, which is why you love bashing Galen here.

The email and exhanges I have with Galen Cook fill up 8 inches of printed material.

IF Galen was such an exceptional investigator why was he FEEDING off of Jo Weber....a simple woman working with nothing but a phone and her voice - asking questions and trying to find people. Begging when she had to.

Galen could NOT get to first BASE. He couldn't understand why or how I found Tina before him...and then co-erced me for her personal information which I refused to provide to him....over 2 yrs later I gave him a little clue - find her divorce records and you will find Tina. It took him about 2 yrs after that to find her....THEN what does he do - he provides Bruce with the information so he could invade her privacy with his abrupt and rude and uncouth manners...and his OLD Enquirer attitude.

What was the purpose of sending a Bull into see Tina. That was the last thing she and her family needed. Galen and Bruce need to be strung up by their balls...then listen to them squeal.
Neither one of them had a story without the information Jo was in possession of....information Galen had sought for decades...information provided to JO by a person whose identiy will remain a secret

Why didn't Galen just go see Tina and tell her who he was - the kid that was enthralled with Cooper and friend of Tosaw's a man she knew and spent some time with when he wrote his own book.

Simply do NOT understand why some of you sneak around like everything is a big secret.
Cook, Bruce, Georger, Blevins - they like to play hide & see in the barn. They pretend to be what they are not....investigators, sleuths and writers.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I simple tell the truth about things that happened & HOW Galen thought he could manuever me & coerce me to obtain what he needed for his own purpose. I saw thru this young man very easily.

He got REALLY angry when his move did NOT produce the results he expected. I am not part of Chess game...I am a real person with real feelings!

MY involvement in this is NOT a game or to write a book. Bruce is self centered 99% of the time and right now his mind is in the gutter. Maybe he needs to take his meds.

"...Simply do NOT understand why some of you sneak around like everything is a big secret.
Cook, Bruce, Georger, Blevins - they like to play hide & see in the barn. They pretend to be what they are not....investigators, sleuths and writers...."

Geez, Jo, I ain't hiding or slinking aorund. I keep asking every chance I get - do you think Curtis had sex with Marla and is that why he said LD Cooper was Dan, not Duane????

Is that question too difficult to answer?

MarkBennett

I've personally had quite enough of your BS regarding Amazon, 377, B and G Housecleaning, the Auburn School District, Books for Kids, My Sweet Girlfriend Gayla, My Cat Hobo, and everything else. As well as you calling me dishonest.

Either get real, or head back to the Dead Zone.

Robert,
If you don't like comments about Auburn School District, Books for Kids, Gayla, your cat, your cleaning business and Auburn days, why do you post about them here? Nobody else posts details of their personal life here.

If you stop talking about those subjects, maybe people will leave them alone.

;) I like your thought process.Nail hit on head.;)

Would you like the lyrics to la Traviata? :)

BruceSmith

"...RobertMBlevins"Georger says in part, regarding the validity of Marla Cooper's claims:

"Pure sophistry...."

Thanks for the lyrics, Georger. I never got that song straight, but now I've got it.

By the way, have you made any phone calls to your bretheren in the FBI? Just askin'. We'd all like to know why the feddies said Uncle LD was DB and then changed their mind.

Lastly, what does sophistry mean? Is that like being a chicken-shit smart-ass? Just askin'.

Glad you like lyrics. I try to fit the music to the level of mendacity of the post being replied to.

'Sophistry' can be found on the internet. Sophists (Greek).

I need to finish the dishes so must be gone 12.4463538325 minutes.

:D

RobertMBlevins

I've personally had quite enough of your BS regarding Amazon, 377, B and G Housecleaning, the Auburn School District, Books for Kids, My Sweet Girlfriend Gayla, My Cat Hobo, and everything else. As well as you calling me dishonest.

Either get real, or head back to the Dead Zone.

Robert,
If you don't like comments about Auburn School District, Books for Kids, Gayla, your cat, your cleaning business and Auburn days, why do you post about them here? Nobody else posts details of their personal life here.

If you stop talking about those subjects, maybe people will leave them alone.

;) I like your thought process.Nail hit on head.;)

Would you like the lyrics to la Traviata? :)
FYI: People post details of their personal lives all the time. Where they are going, who they are going to see, if they are going to attend Ariel for example, and who they are going with, if anyone.

My life is an open book, more or less. Besides, it is tough to remain anonymous when you have a column where the views are in the millions with nearly five hundred articles, and have written a few books. So I don't try too hard.

Besides...it lends a certain credibility to the comments when you know the source, when you can identify the person making the comments. Otherwise, they could be coming from some really smart fourth-grader with a computer who is internet-savvy.

It is a personal choice for people to remain anonymous. I choose not to do that, although I take certain precautions. I've written some fairly controversial stuff over the years, none of which has anything to do with DB Cooper. I don't think Geoffrey Gray, were he to post here, would try to remain anonymous. Bruce doesn't...and he posts reasonably personal stuff and links to nearly every new article he writes for the Mountain News, in addition to excerpts from his new book.

'Sophistry' is just a fancy way of trying to call someone a liar, by the way. This is typical of Georger, to call me a liar, although when I try to pin him down on a single thing, he can come up with nothing in the way of proof. He tosses out every name in the book and hopes one will stick. It's cheap, it's crap.

You want to talk about gross lying in the Cooper case? How about Galen Cook spouting all those lies over at the other site about the relationship between Skipp Porteous and myself? I hear not a peep about that, and you could easily check on this by emailing Mr Porteous and asking him. Porteous has already seen those screenshots I took and he was extremely disappointed in Cook for saying those things. He wasn't angry about it. He just couldn't figure out why Cook would throw stuff out like that when he knew it wasn't true.

I'm going to relate a little truth about myself. I stand up for myself and I can give as good as I get. I always have. Always will. That's just the way it is, whether Georger likes it or not. The following excerpt I wrote for the 'Cooperland' series at Newsvine still holds true, I think. (I used the word 'cult' here in its sociological definition: 'A self-identified group of people who share a narrowly defined interest or perspective...')

'The third group are the most dangerous type in this cult. They are the folks who either don't want to know who the hijacker was because they live solely for the discussion, or the people who push one suspect to the exclusion of all others. They can be mean, hateful, and will go to any lengths to convince you they are right, sometimes even lying if it suits their ends. If you aren't convinced of their viewpoint, they will occasionally take the low road and post the worst things imaginable on any article or forum regarding Cooper about anyone else investigating the case. These actions are often based on jealousy or outright hatred, and seek to discredit others investigating the case, or those with an interest, in order to forward their own agenda...'

Face it. Some of you are simply rabid dogs. It's as simple as that. B|

So, enlighten us why you were so concerned (convinced) the
FBI might raid you and AB Books! ?

You pitched that for months here. Explain your concern. Why no
article about that deep concern the FBI might raid you, at
Newsvine?

What do you have the FBI wants or would be interested in - as
a violation of Federal Law? Is there a basis for the broad
paranoia you've always expressed here at Dropzone?

:)

"...I was mostly worried that the boys up at the F.B.I. office in Seattle would drop by with a subpoena and take our computers, files, and pictures...."

Before you get disappeared, Bobby, could you tell us when Curtis gave Marla the lie-detector test? Month, year???

Thanks.

Good Luck in the Witness Protection Progam or wherever the feds send you. Might be a FEMA camp, too. Tina's old convent in Eugene is a sweet place, too.

RobertMBlevins

'The third group are the most dangerous type in this cult. They are the folks who either don't want to know who the hijacker was because they live solely for the discussion, or the people who push one suspect to the exclusion of all others. They can be mean, hateful, and will go to any lengths to convince you they are right, sometimes even lying if it suits their ends. If you aren't convinced of their viewpoint, they will occasionally take the low road and post the worst things imaginable on any article or forum regarding Cooper about anyone else investigating the case. These actions are often based on jealousy or outright hatred, and seek to discredit others investigating the case, or those with an interest, in order to forward their own agenda...'

Face it. Some of you are simply rabid dogs. It's as simple as that. B|

Robert,
If you wonder why people give you a hard time on this site and block you from participating on other sites, you nailed it right here. You are often in this third group as well. But, alas, I don't think you see it.

skyjack71

The email and exhanges I have with Galen Cook fill up 8 inches of printed material.

(edited to make a point)

Galen could NOT get to first BASE. He couldn't understand why or how I found Tina before him...and then co-erced me for her personal information which I refused to provide to him....over 2 yrs later I gave him a little clue - find her divorce records and you will find Tina. It took him about 2 yrs after that to find her....THEN what does he do - he provides Bruce with the information so he could invade her privacy with his abrupt and rude and uncouth manners...and his OLD Enquirer attitude.

What was the purpose of sending a Bull into see Tina. That was the last thing she and her family needed. Galen and Bruce need to be strung up by their balls...then listen to them squeal.
Neither one of them had a story without the information Jo was in possession of....information Galen had sought for decades...information provided to JO by a person whose identiy will remain a secret

Why didn't Galen just go see Tina and tell her who he was - the kid that was enthralled with Cooper and friend of Tosaw's a man she knew and spent some time with when he wrote his own book.

All of the following post after the one above - have proved my point!
Bruce treatd this thread like it is the local bashing vehicle. IF YOU GUYS want to CONTINUELY BASH EACH OTHER, take it out of the Cooper thread OR THIS THREAD IS GOING TO CEASED TO EXIST

The posting are NOT about COOPER or the suspects - Recently it is ALL about THEIR images.

Bruce is doing what Galen instructs him to do - keeping the thread OFF topic with repetitive continuous postings regarding his sick fixation about an FBI agent. This is the doing of Galen Cook - it is how he operates & Bruce is the perfect PUPPET!

What is happening is an attack on the thread in a subversive way to get it shut down.

DO NOT let this Happen! The continued attacks by BRUCE with his sick fantasy is just too much!

:|
THE DZ does NOT need much more to TAKE this thread DOWN....OR move it out of HISTORY & TRIVIA. Talk about Cooper, suspects, the flight & its path and other things.

:| BRUCE is GALEN'S Puppet & Galen does NOT want this site to continue. Galen is sneaky and coy and this is his strategy (an assault on the FBI) to get it taken down....Bruce is Galen's puppet.
Bruce is saying and doing what Galen tell him to.

I think the FBI made some mistakes, but Bruce's posts about ONE agent and his private life - completely distasteful.
BRUCE has ONLY ONE MOTIVE - to shut THIS THREAD DOWN.

The other thread is SHUTTERS, but Bruce was the seed from which it grew. Bruce has a personal interest in the other thread & the only reason he is posting here is to agitate & to get this thread SHUT DOWN and keep it off topic.
Galen is the puppet master.

Hopefully the moderator will understand and have the insite to see what Bruce is doing...he is gaming and his game is to destory the Cooper thread...to make it vanish....or cause it to self destruct

I hope someone within the DZ will find a way to place this entire thread on a series of disk - explorations into the Cooper incident - explorations never done before on any internet media.

Post reasonable questions & use the DZ for the source it has become.

RobertMBlevins

"...I was mostly worried that the boys up at the F.B.I. office in Seattle would drop by with a subpoena and take our computers, files, and pictures...."

Before you get disappeared, Bobby, could you tell us when Curtis gave Marla the lie-detector test? Month, year???

Thanks.

Good Luck in the Witness Protection Progam or wherever the feds send you. Might be a FEMA camp, too. Tina's old convent in Eugene is a sweet place, too.

How the hell should I know the exact date? Ask the Seattle FBI. Or ask Marla. You already said she hung up the phone on you. Maybe if you'd try to approach sources reasonably and politely, they'd allow you a second chance at them. That is not my fault, but yours. Establishing a source and then alienating them on the first contact is generally not a good policy. That's an opinion.

Non-Cooper: I'm calling for the black boxes on Flight 370, should they be found...NOT be turned over immediately to the Malaysian government.

Bob, you need to enlist a cognitive emotive archivist to locate
the rest of your mind.

As noted by many, your logic program is flawed/corrupted. The
whole world can't be WRONG and only you RIGHT !

Your fear of the FBI raiding you or AB Books to get your socalled
work is ill-founded. It is far more likely that you have been
profiled as a possible threat to yourself or the community ...
guys in a white van might show up to do an evaluation. It
sometimes happens to famous genius writers like you!

Trust us on this. B|

Greetings Everyone!

Here's an update on my thinking regarding Curtis Eng and the Marla Show - NO SEX!

I now believe that I was played. Just like with Miss Vicki, I got snookered hook, line and sinker.

I now believe that the Marla Show was nothing but Curtis' attempt to shake a few tree Norjak tree branches and see what fell down - maybe a suspect, maybe a lead, maybe some clues, maybe a twenty...

But Curtis never had sex with Marla.

Simply, I think his "most promising" leak to Hannaford was a ploy to stir the DB Cooper pot and see if anyone would bite, spill a few beans and get us closer to the skyjacker.

Hence, I now believe a few things.

1. Curtis never had sex with Marla or did anything unprofessional.
2. More importantly, the FBI believes that DB Cooper survived the jump and is possibly still alive.

The rumor that Curtis had sex with Marla was just a jive to distract nosy reporters like me.

Further, I think the Al Di affair was just another way for Curtis to shake the informational tree of Norjak.

Plus, I think Geoff, or Crown Pub, was persuaded to wait until the August 2011 unveiling for all of this to happen together and cause a big rustle - getting everyone and DB Cooper on the front page of every newspaper and broadcast.

I think that the "Marla Show" was Curtis' idea to see if lots of publicity would cause a family member to come forward, or motivate a nurse in some hospital or assisted living facility to make a phone call about an "old guy" mumbling about DB Cooper, etc.

Hence, I believe that Marla, Al Di, Letter #3, Geoff's book, and the Portland Symposium were all linked and orchestrated by Curtis.

Lastly, I don't think anyone ever thought that LD Cooper was DB Cooper.

Granted, Parrothead still believes, but he needs to tell us why. That should be a good story, too.

Whew, April has been a busy month for my ego. Glad I'm a humble guy.

"... Galen and Bruce need to be strung up by their balls...then listen to them squeal..."

"...Bruce treatd this thread like it is the local bashing vehicle. IF YOU GUYS want to CONTINUELY BASH EACH OTHER, take it out of the Cooper thread OR THIS THREAD IS GOING TO CEASED TO EXIST

The posting are NOT about COOPER or the suspects -Recently it is ALL about THEIR images...."

Am I missing something? Please advise.

RobertMBlevins

Thanks.

How the hell should I know the exact date? Ask the Seattle FBI. Or ask Marla. You already said she hung up the phone on you. Maybe if you'd try to approach sources reasonably and politely, they'd allow you a second chance at them. That is not my fault, but yours. Establishing a source and then alienating them on the first contact is generally not a good policy. That's an opinion.

Non-Cooper: I'm calling for the black boxes on Flight 370, should they be found...NOT be turned over immediately to the Malaysian government.

Bob, you need to enlist a cognitive emotive archivist to locate
the rest of your mind.

As noted by many, your logic program is flawed/corrupted. The
whole world can't be WRONG and only you RIGHT !

Your fear of the FBI raiding you or AB Books to get your socalled
work is ill-founded. It is far more likely that you have been
profiled as a possible threat to yourself or the community ...
guys in a white van might show up to do an evaluation. It
sometimes happens to famous genius writers like you!

Trust us on this. B|

Who is 'Us'? Are you representing someone besides yourself now? Or is this a multiple-personality thing. LOL.

I'll just assume the rest of your post is a joke. You don't know me at all. Get real.

Besides, you never even addressed a single point from either the article from 2010 (which you asked about anyway, and is pretty clear) or my thoughts on the black boxes from 370.

As usual, you just used the fact that I posted at all as an excuse to make another shit comment. Make sure you give a warning when you get ready to actually make a Cooper-related post. I wouldn't want other users on this thread to have a sudden stroke out of shock.

'The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is...'
Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill. I should have guessed it. Maybe tomorrow
Dwight Eisenhower? General MacArthur? Or Alice B Toklas.

Good luck with that "paranoia" thing, Pinky. LOL.

[:/]

Jo States:
IF YOU GUYS want to CONTINUELY BASH EACH OTHER, take it out of the Cooper thread OR The THREAD IS GOING TO CEASED TO EXIST
:|[:/]

Well, Bruce what is so difficult to comprehend about the above statement?

Don't bother to answer the question.
Your insensitivity to everyone involved is deplorable - all for the sake of writing a book & making a name for yourself.

All you have done is make an ASS out of yourself....the garbage and opinionated statements will haunt you till the day you die. YOU trashed Tina & wrote false opinionated & insensitive things about her & her family...you went WAY too far.

You never cared about the victims. You continued to badger them & now insulting an FBI agent with your opinionated writings & postings is another low for Bruce Smith. The 2 times I spoke to that agent in 2013 - he came across as a very kind and caring person.

Regarding Ckret: He was totally off the board with his handling of Cooper as an FBI Agent & this was handled by the FBI office in an appropriate manner. At least it was made to appear that way.

My last email & statement to the FBI was caused by what was reportedly stated on the internet about Galen Cook talking about what went on in the FBI office. The FBI's comments comparing Jo Weber to Blevins....not appropriate and in the presence of a writer who is tooting an unlikely suspect.

Agents who ACT inappropriately - need to be disciplined. Jo pays dearly everyday of her life because the agents did NOT contact her and the agent of record only went by note made by others.

Valuable time & information was lost during the time from 1996 until 2006. Information and witnessed who are now deceased....(the FBI handled a lot of this completely wrong).

Because of the yrs that had expired & the fact 2 of the individuals were by law minors in 1971 - a more sensitive agent should have handled those interviews. If individuals in the background of a suspect had been offered immunity this case would have been closed as SOLVED yrs ago.

As one told me "I know Duane was Cooper" and then a few months later she overdosed after returning to CA from Eugene, OR.

Odd how all of this intermingles. She went to Eugene because of a man who offered to help her and her son...What she told me about this man - NO one would ever believe and I didn't know it was important - it was just a story about a young woman's troubled life....looking in all the wrong places.
I have letters from the mother regarding this...with dates.

She told me about her life & Duane's life with her family and how much she loved him and that she kept somethings of his. How ODD the story she told me prior to 2002 was so similar to the story told by Marla...and both involved Eugene...I wish I had recorded that conversation, but I even had problems with recorders in 2002.....I still just wing it on the computer.

Life is what it is! I should have taken a deal in those early yrs and maybe the publicity and the money might have help me get the information that has now taken 18 yrs to collect.....and it will all end up in the dump....if I could find something to play those tapes on I could vindicate myself on much of what I have told as they were pre 2000 and before my use of a computer. Did try to play one and it broke - I just put it back away.

I do not have the money for the technology or to pay people to help me, nor would I be alive to say NO, that is not how it happened or that they did NOT understand my notes. Some of it is paper and some of it is tapes and lots of notes.

"...Jo States:

IF YOU GUYS want to CONTINUELY BASH EACH OTHER, take it out of the Cooper thread OR The THREAD IS GOING TO CEASED TO EXIST
:|[:/]

Well, Bruce what is so difficult to comprehend about the above statement?..."

You're the one that wants me strung up by my balls until I squeal.

If you want a piece of me, Mrs. Cooper, come and get it.