47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"I spent half my money on gambling, booze, and fast
women.
The other half I wasted..."
W.C. Fields

Has anyone at CBS asked you to be a consultant on
their and Gray's movie? A paid consultant?

They offered me $250,000, but I said no because they wouldn't throw in the free tickets to Disneyland. :)
Seriously now, I would be a poor consultant. The author of the book is better suited to this job. I see you pasted over my quote from WC Fields. You don't like Marilyn Monroe, now it's Fields. You are kind of tough on those American icons. Personally, I think Joe DiMaggio was the luckiest guy on Earth.

Can you imagine Wedding Night? B| Of course, the next 273 days didn't go so good....:|

No links or anything but I feel obligated to say that most AB titles are free for your Kindle/PC/other device from 12AM this coming Friday morning until 12PM midnight Saturday. That's 48 hours.

Well that should get someone's blood pressure boiling while their panties twist up REALLLY tight... Got free popcorn too ???B|B|B|B|

Blevins wrote

You don't like Marilyn Monroe, now it's Fields. You are kind of tough on those American icons. Personally, I think Joe DiMaggio was the luckiest guy on Earth.

Luckier than Arthur Miller? Perhaps. Depends if you prefer champions of sport or literature. We will have to speculate on the wedding night competition.

Elton John arguably had the best relationship with MM. She deceased, he gay, no hearts broken.

The person who had the most enduring relationship with MM was Eunice Murray, her longtime housekeeper. Mrs. Murray was a confidant but never cashed in with a tell-all book. Interestingly she was the mother of Bruce Murray, a Cal Tech professor considered to be the father of the Mars exploration program and JPL spokesman for it.

Jo, knowing "in your heart" that Duane was part of Norjack may satisfy you but don't blame others for not accepting emotion as a substitute for probative evidence.

The FBI took considerable interest in Duane. You had your chance to present your evidence. You've hinted at times that you withheld certain items and information from the FBI, not trusting them. If that's true then don't complain about their inadequate investigation of Duane as a Norjack suspect.

I'd love it if Duane were proven to be DBC. It would be a wildly exciting end to the case. If Peterson or Mayfield or Braden or McCoy were proven to be DBC I'd yawn and say, yeah... he had the right stuff. If Duane were DBC I would be truly astonished, amazed, perplexed. A surprise ending always trumps a predictable one.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Blevins wrote

No links or anything but I feel obligated to say that most AB titles are free for your Kindle/PC/other device from 12AM this coming Friday morning until 12PM midnight Saturday. That's 48 hours.

It's very generous of you to literally "give away the store" Robert.

What is your reasoning?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

If Duane were DBC I would be truly astonished, amazed, perplexed. A surprise ending always trumps a predictable one.

After moderating this thread for years, would even Quade dare to write a script with such an ending to the Cooper saga?

Robert99

Pigs and cows can fly - over the Moon. They do every
day, here.

The FBI took considerable interest in Duane. You had your chance to present your evidence. You've hinted at times that you withheld certain items and information from the FBI, not trusting them. If that's true then don't complain about their inadequate investigation of Duane as a Norjack suspect.

I'd love it if Duane were proven to be DBC. It would be a wildly exciting end to the case. If Peterson or Mayfield or Braden or McCoy were proven to be DBC I'd yawn and say, yeah... he had the right stuff. If Duane were DBC I would be truly astonished, amazed, perplexed. A surprise ending always trumps a predictable one.

Number ONE - the FBI did LITTLE on Duane Weber other than to come to my house 1997 (nine months after I contacted them) and make copies of what little I had.
Then a little over a yrs later I got the letter about the fingerprints.

That was the end of their investigation into Weber until I called the AGENT and asked for ANSWERS in 2000 and that is WHEN I found the FBI had ONLY DONE a cursive investigation of WEBER. They did NOT even have a GOOD background check on him and the agent of record was OBLIVIOUS as to what he did have.

Since 2001 I tried to talk to them but NEVER got to the agent for RECORD. Nothing I sent them was ever READ!

Agent CARR came aboard and things GOT even worse - nothing I told him in this thread or sent to him at the FBI was ever put into the file or discussed with anyone other than himself and this thread. He was self SERVING and that meant in no way was Weber to be considered a suspect - NOT on his watch!

NOW does that sound like a FAIR evaluation? Had it NOT been for the THREAD I would NEVER EVER have been heard by the FBI. CARR made a mistake coming here - he expected to be able too diss an old lady. Then he learned I was a little more than he could handle.

Since I now KNOW the FBI did NOT get ALL the info I provide to this thread and to CARR. NONE of my info sent to HIMMELSBACH got thru other than the letter the PI helped me compose in the very beginning - THIS IS NOT OVER!

If the FBI cannot take the overwhelming things about DUANE and put them together SHAME ON THEM! The poor agent of record now is overwhelmed and to make matters worse JT made a negative exploitation of Weber and NOTHING I told him was EVER relayed to the FBI

His participation in the Cooper saga was also self serving he he was NOT privey to private information about any suspect.

I actually believed he was acting on behalf of the FBI and for yrs he was my source! What A fool I was! It took this thread to show me what he really WAS!

I had used Mr. H and JT as my FBI contacts and little other than the letter the PI helped me with had actually gotten to a REAL investigator. Little of what I told Himmelsbach and NONE of what I told JT were ever actually relayed to the actual AGENT of record other than that one letter dated 1996 I sent to the FBI....stupid OLD woman didn't know you had to actually call the FBI yourself or it was as it never happened.

When I did call I was upset over something JT had said and the mouthpiece had NO IDEA what I was talking about!

A lot of people in the beginning of my search were self serving and that was NOT obvious to me at that time. Not really until 2004 did I KNOW that basically IOTA of what I had presented had EVER been seen by the AGENT of RECORD.

The moment I found the scar issue addressed in one of his old criminal records and addressed by one of the witnesses - I knew I would eventually find more things. AND I did. As late as 2 yrs ago - the FBI could NOT even begin to figure out Weber's background and they still can't because they cannot focus on just one person....the media frenzy caused a barage of suspects....after 2001.

Had they taken the Scar issue and have done a better background search - they would have put him in a chute and now they say that is NOT enough. I do NOT know if the AGENT of record ACTUALLY knows anything about the SCAR! This is how fragmented the system is right now.

What I have now is a conglomeration of what I did have and now coversations with two of the crew members - and thru the thread learning things about Duane's past even THE FBI had not figured out!

Had it NOT been for this Thread and some of the very intelligent and tolerable individuals on it - MY STORY would NEVER HAVE BEEN HEARD! Even now I am but a voice in the wilderness to the FBI, because there were multiple agents involved and some did NOT even record my contacts, much less check it out. The old report read disqualified based on prints - Any info coming to them about Weber was ignored and file 13 ed....all handled by a mouth piece.

The AGENT of record still does NOT have ALL of the information, because it became so massive I myself can no longer keep up with who has what and I never know if emails have been delivered and read.

SO there is ONLY one way to END this and I am not sure I am able to do it. I do NOT interview well - as with the thread - I cannot stay focused on what I need to focus on and I forget to bring up important factors that are connectors and not known to others...For me to carry the important papers with me would virtually be impossible and I am really not able to travel at this time.

Everything has gotten out of order and I can't find the things I am looking for - When Sluggo was her a few yrs ago - it was NOT so over whelming but still more than he had time to see or read....he had a mind set and one can not change that with what I had. I can't remember to tell anyone person everything that needs to be told. I have told most of it in this thread and some things I hinted at but did NOT expose them in their entirety.

It is so massive I could never do an outline and try to have all of the pertinent things in order - so I don't believe it will ever get done. I can wish and I can try, but my energy and my strengh to be able to find and locate the things has been exhausted. It would take days of someone with me day and night to get everything in an order that covered ALL of the bases. It is OVERWHELMING! I am only good for about 2 or 3 hours a day and each day that just gets more and more difficult.

I do NOTHING when I first get up - that is my coffee, my paper and puzzle time - somedays I never finish my puzzles or read my mail (that is a BAD DAY). My best time is in the evening.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo wrote

Had they [the FBI] taken the Scar issue and have done a better background search - they would have put him in a chute...

(emphasis added)

That's a pretty big leap Jo, from a hand scar to a chute. Care to fill in the missing links?

If you can put Duane in a chute you will find a lot of new interest. So far, you havent even come close.

Didn't you say that you did not provide the FBI with possibly the best source of Duane's DNA: his wristwatch?

It's a bit hypocritical to complain about the FBI if you failed to give them everything you had which might be relevant.

Even now, if you came up with something probative I'll bet the FBI would pay attention. But you dont have probative evidence. EVERY bit of evidence you have is ambiguous. The alleged good stuff has all disappeared (parking stub, airline ticket, money in the van, bank bag, parachute hardware etc).

I do hope you find some closure on your quest Jo, but doubt if you will.

Jo wrote

Had they [the FBI] taken the Scar issue and have done a better background search - they would have put him in a chute...

(emphasis added)

That's a pretty big leap Jo, from a hand scar to a chute. Care to fill in the missing links?

If you can put Duane in a chute you will find a lot of new interest. So far, you havent even come close.

Didn't you say that you did not provide the FBI with possibly the best source of Duane's DNA: his wristwatch?

It's a bit hypocritical to complain about the FBI if you failed to give them everything you had which might be relevant.

Even now, if you came up with something probative I'll bet the FBI would pay attention. But you dont have probative evidence. EVERY bit of evidence you have is ambiguous. The alleged good stuff has all disappeared (parking stub, airline ticket, money in the van, bank bag, parachute hardware etc).

I do hope you find some closure on your quest Jo, but doubt if you will.

Mr 377 perhaps U need to sit down with the agent of record and TALK to him YOURSELF.

The FBI was aware I wanted to go to Spokane and find that old record from before the 50's and some other suspicious things that surfaced - I was in the process of trying to sell some things to finance the trip, but I was told putting DUANE in a CHUTE will NOT put him on the PLANE.

As for providing DNA - that won't fly either. The DNA and the prints are COMPROMISED in many many ways and the do NOT know if COOPER was the source of the minute particials they did extract from the items.

Same with the notes sent to the media - even if Duane's DNA and PRINTS and/or those of his wife of the day are all over them - THEY will NOT put WEBER on the plane. They are aware Duane had a family member who lived just a few miles from where one of the notes was mailed...the one with the CODE which is Duane's Army number and Navy number using the #7 as the turnaround number.

Even that will NOT put him on the PLANE!

QUESTION I want answered - WHAT do they HAVE regarding Cooper they HAVE never made public - is that ONE thing what will put a SUSPECT on the plane?
Obviously it is not prints or dna!

How are they going to CLOSE the file - well that is HOW! If the FBI is holding an ACE and they revealed that ACE then people will go out there and try to find an old item - for instance - cuff links to match the tie tac, but even that won't put a suspect ON THE PLANE.

THEY want PHYSICIAL evidence that they will be able to VERIFY. NOT how it was worded, but just a gut feeling on my part...only one piece of evidence was discussed and that was a 20.

Without PHYSICAL EVIDENCE - the case is CLOSED and only physical evidence will put a suspect on the plane! Therefore the case is being CLOSED. Just someone saying they had physical evidence will not count - it has to be the actual evidence.

I have a book, a picture of a girl, 3 watches, his remains, his letters, the stories told by old friends, his records (stating the scar on his hand), his uncanny resemblance to the composite...those are a few of the physical things I have. The other items I did NOT understand - I threw some away and sold other items (like the hardware to the chute) at a garage sale.

I had the cloth and leather satchel but Himmelsbach told me it had NOTHING to do with the incident - so I did NOT go to the Helping Hands and try to retrive it. LATER I find that item DID have some importance and NOW it is only MY WORD and the word of one WITNESS who described this same item to me right down to the color. It was an OH MY GOD moment!

Now since I have read other accountings by this witness I am not sure I trust the judgement.
Age and/or illness or a combination of both do play a lot with our memories - therefore this testimony is not anymore valid than my claim of what Duane Weber told me. The Cooper case is CLOSE and the ONLY thing that will raise an eyebrow is the mention of something that puts the subject on that plane - for example one of the 20's

ONE thing that really bugs me is WHY that man in SALT LAKE meant so much to Duane WEBER. The identity of that man is a KEY to the background of WEBER and to the identity of Cooper....

Duane focused on Cooper related things - only I didn't know they were Cooper related on that trip of 1979. Track that man and we know the back ground of Weber with him.

I actually sent the photo to Cook and to Gray and to others - all my yrs of research did NOT help me find out who that man was.

I have a picture of him
He has on some kind of uniform.
He worked in the Visitors Centre
He was on his way to his car when the pic was taken.
The picture was taken in Sept of 1979.

The photo is attached one more time.

Jo wrote

QUESTION I want answered - WHAT do they HAVE regarding Cooper they HAVE never made public - is that ONE thing what will put a SUSPECT on the plane?
Obviously it is not prints or dna!

It might very well be prints or reliable Cooper DNA. We don't know and the FBI won't say.

Jo wrote

Duane SWAGGERED to the front of the podium (he was the top producer). He turned his back and bent over - made a large FART and then swaggered out of the room!

Wonder if he could have achieved a retro rocket effect doing the same thing off the airstair?

ONE thing that really bugs me is WHY that man in SALT LAKE meant so much to Duane WEBER. The identity of that man is a KEY to the background of WEBER and to the identity of Cooper....

Duane focused on Cooper related things - only I didn't know they were Cooper related on that trip of 1979. Track that man and we know the back ground of Weber with him.

I actually sent the photo to Cook and to Gray and to others - all my yrs of research did NOT help me find out who that man was.

I have a picture of him

Jo, In addition to seeing "codes" were none exist, you are reading more into that picture than it merits.

First, that man does not have on a uniform. I am not a LDS but I have known plenty of LDS people over the years and have never seen one wearing a "uniform" in related to a church function and that includes Temple Square.

Without exception, anyone working (actually most of the LDS people working on church matters are unpaid volunteers) on Temple Square is going to be dressed very conseratively. In fact, that can be said about most LDS volunteers from Salt Lake City to the remotest areas of Asia. And it is a true statement that you can recognize an LDS volunteer by the fact that he/she is conservatively dressed and well groomed, and they definitely have standards in that area.

Robert99

I have a picture of him

THE PIC was taken I believe the last wk of Sept. It was warm in Salt Lake that day because I have a pic of me in shorts. That evening it got Cool in THE DALLES where we spent the night.
So I estimate the time of day around NOON. The next day I wore pants...and it turned off Cool while we were in Seattle for a few days. I just know that Englebert Humperdinck was playing in Tahoe on the last leg of our trip (the Tahoe trip was unexpected) after we left Seattle. Someone did find the dates on that at one time.

First, that man does not have on a uniform. I am not a LDS but I have known plenty of LDS people over the years and have never seen one wearing a "uniform" in related to a church function and that includes Temple Square.

JO Replies

Find an old suit or a uninform that even resembles what the man had on. It has something on the cuff. It had been suggested to me the man was with the band or a music instructor or perhaps he was dressed for some function he was to perform at. BUT he had OFFICE space in the Vistors Centre. I have never found anything that resembles what that man had on. HAVE YOU?

His appearance is clean cut and distinctive. I still believe the case he was carrying held a musical instrument - it has corner clips on it - just the way a musical instrument case had. I played the clarinet - and the case is too large for a clarinet if I am any judge of size.

DZ is the wrong place to ask about the Salt Lake picture, Jo. This picture should be sent in a hi-res version to a Salt Lake paper with details, or...you could pay for an ad with the paper (online version of the paper only, so you can set a link to the picture.)

Maybe an old resident of Salt Lake City will recognize him. I wouldn't say anything about Cooper in the ad, just a general 'Do You Know This Man' kind of thing. I would say it's an old friend you are trying to locate. If you mention Cooper, the nuts will come out of the woodwork on you.

Don't forget to include the date and place it was taken.

If you had been paying attention a long time ago. You would know I was intouch with the church, the newspapers and chamber and many organizations trying to find out who the man was. I did extensive research by phone and emails. The cost of an ad with pic was more than I could afford.

The church would not tell me who had offices in the visitors center that yr. It was suggested he might have been a pilot...as they contracted with airlines to transport personnel to locations. I got ZERO with this - anyone want to give it a try go for it. I have the pic that shows the Assembly Hall behind him and the close up I cropped from the photo....Duane DID NOT want this man to see him so he left the area from which I took the photo.

My first try was BEFORE I got a computer in 2000 and then TWICE since then. Each episode involved lots of phone calls, lots of emails and lots of time. If I had told them he was connected to Cooper - I probably would have found out who he was.

Maybe that is what I should do NOW by contacting the news media in Salt Lake and tell them I think this guy had something to do with the skyjacking in 1971.

Since I plan on going public one more time - maybe this is the WAY to do IT. Get a journalist to run the pic - with the statement.
WHO was this guy? Did he SKYjack a plane in 1971? Hey if anyone of you want to give it a try GO for it! A man would probably do better than I did and be able to keep it together better. ANYONE interested - I guarantee you if we find out who it was - the thread could SOLVE the case...or at least what Duane's connections to this man was....whatever Duane's connections to this man were - he DID not want the Man to see him!

Late Sept around Noon 1979.
The man was believed to work in or have an office or be associated with someone in the Visitors Center on the campus.
Taken in front of the Assembly hall and was told he was going to a parking area across the street in the direction he was headed.

"Nah. Couldn't be anything like that. Right?

I swear some people who have been wandering around in the forest for years are still confused by all the trees"
"A 727 isn't a 747. It's a fairly short-range aircraft that sometimes made a number of stops on long trips for refueling, right? "

how many 747's were there in 71?
what do you know about the route Cooper took?
I know both answers. I think carefully before I say someone is confused
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Here's a possibility: He was familiar with the routes and was living in the Puget Sound area at the time of the hijacking. And he knew the last stop for 305 before Seattle would be Portland.

Nah. Couldn't be anything like that. Right?

I swear some people who have been wandering around in the forest for years are still confused by all the trees. :)

This yim-yamb is about the dumbest thing Ive ever tried to read. What are you trying to say? Cooper was a golf ball?

DZ is the wrong place to ask about the Salt Lake picture, Jo. This picture should be sent in a hi-res version to a Salt Lake paper with details, or...you could pay for an ad with the paper (online version of the paper only, so you can set a link to the picture.)

Maybe an old resident of Salt Lake City will recognize him. I wouldn't say anything about Cooper in the ad, just a general 'Do You Know This Man' kind of thing. I would say it's an old friend you are trying to locate. If you mention Cooper, the nuts will come out of the woodwork on you.

Don't forget to include the date and place it was taken.

If you had been paying attention a long time ago. You would know I was intouch with the church, the newspapers and chamber and many organizations trying to find out who the man was. I did extensive research by phone and emails. The cost of an ad with pic was more than I could afford.

The church would not tell me who had offices in the visitors center that yr. It was suggested he might have been a pilot...as they contracted with airlines to transport personnel to locations. I got ZERO with this - anyone want to give it a try go for it. I have the pic that shows the Assembly Hall behind him and the close up I cropped from the photo....Duane DID NOT want this man to see him so he left the area from which I took the photo.

My first try was BEFORE I got a computer in 2000 and then TWICE since then. Each episode involved lots of phone calls, lots of emails and lots of time. If I had told them he was connected to Cooper - I probably would have found out who he was.

Maybe that is what I should do NOW by contacting the news media in Salt Lake and tell them I think this guy had something to do with the skyjacking in 1971.

Since I plan on going public one more time - maybe this is the WAY to do IT. Get a journalist to run the pic - with the statement.
WHO was this guy? Did he SKYjack a plane in 1971? Hey if anyone of you want to give it a try GO for it! A man would probably do better than I did and be able to keep it together better. ANYONE interested - I guarantee you if we find out who it was - the thread could SOLVE the case...or at least what Duane's connections to this man was....whatever Duane's connections to this man were - he DID not want the Man to see him!

Late Sept around Noon 1979.
The man was believed to work in or have an office or be associated with someone in the Visitors Center on the campus.
Taken in front of the Assembly hall and was told he was going to a parking area across the street in the direction he was headed.

Jo, If you expect anyone in Salt Lake City to help you, then it is definitely NOT a good idea to call Temple Square a "campus".

Robert99

I swear some people who have been wandering around in the forest for years are still confused by all the trees"
"A 727 isn't a 747. It's a fairly short-range aircraft that sometimes made a number of stops on long trips for refueling, right? "

This many.

Portland to Seattle and beyond.

The real point was WHY he selected 305. We know why he picked the 727.

well why didn't you just say this in the first place in place instead of the incompressible guessing game?

Its been discussed before.

Read the thread.

This many.

well why didn't you just say this in the first place in place instead of the incompressible guessing game?

Read the thread.

wonder if he know's when the route was started? maybe a reply of 1971, similar to "this many"
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

This many.

Read the thread.

wonder if he know's when the route was started? maybe a reply of 1971, similar to "this many"

I think we're on the same page - no, we are. :D
timline-wise.

Blevins is SCRAMBLING so hard right NOW it IS RIDICULOUS! The more he scrambles the more ridiculous he sounds.

You Guys know we discussed the Salt Lake situation, but he acts like this is the 1st time he ever heard it!:|

The Salt Lake thing was put into the hands of those more astute than myself this evening. Decided it would be better for someone from the area to place the ad with no mention of Cooper.

Unlike Blevins or Marla I don't seek publicity! I would be perfectly content if the FBI would sit down with me and show me Duane's files and then give me a few days to formulate questions based on their findings. This may never happen because the case is being CLOSED. NO other suspects will be looked at....doesn't mean Weber is Cooper!:D:ph34r:;):)

CASE CLOSED! Now who said it was solved? NOT me!

Gray said that Mucklow told the hijacker there was O2 on board if he needed it. The hijacker *allegedly* replied that he knew where it was and would get it if he needed it.

BULL! You know very well that on a flight from Denver to Atlanta, Georgia (the yr his friend got married - a Valentines wedding) that Duane Weber requested specific seats.

I forget the number. When we sat down Duane told me that just in front of us was a panel that held the O2 tanks. This was stated by me since the beginning! Oh and by the way I said to him - I know that!
How the hell did I know?

I suppose you think NO one but a purser would know that - perhaps the person who checks them would know or someone who cleans them! Or perhaps one of the stewardess!

Did the purser also know at what angle the flaps had to be and did that purser explain that to the passenger? Duane explained to me what the flaps did and noted the angles.

:(>:(Let me tell you where Gray got the statement about the O2 - from Mr. H and from yours truely and - I can prove it - I saved ALL of the emails I sent to Gray.

He was a writer so I made sure I covered my ASS!:$ It has also been written in books.

You do NOT have to QUESTION Grays Credibility - because I also wrote these things to him in an email and I expect also included in our discussions.

You take EVERYTHING Gray said and twist it for your very own purpose. Did Gray spend time with you in your home? Did you and Gray exchange lots and lots of emails? And phone calls?

November 24 - you have 365 chances of getting that correct and WHAT special occasion do you think other suspects celebrated on that date? Perhaps the loss of several lives in a single plane crash - much more devasting than receiving your 25 yr pin.

Perhaps Kenny spent time with his friends - have you ever talked to them? Did you ever interview the people he really socialized with? Not family!

Nothing funny about dodging relatives to spend time with someone you cared about! Your theories are so very very flimsy and they are cheap shots! Nothing funny about a plane crash!

YOU are fighting so damn hard to keep Kenny in the running, you just make yourself look and sound like a fool......:(:|:|

The plane crash - did I state that just because it sounded good or was there really a plane crash on Nov. 24th - the fricking yr is not important. Have you checked the passenger list?

If you lost someone you cared about in that crash - a hell-of-a motive! Getting your 25 yr pin and not having to spend time with people who had their own lives...hooray!

THIS has been discussed BEFORE U ever came to this THREAD. Check back and squeal like a pig with his snout being ringed or better yet - a farmer collecting his MOUNTAIN OYSTERS!

You sound like a 3 grader who made up a story and keeps expanding on it to cover his ass ....Nah I like the MOUNTAIN OYSTER story better!
:S:):D

I'm going to ask Gray if he read this in Mucklow's FBI statements, or simply heard it from you in an email.

You are the one who made it sound like it was proof - KC was Cooper. I know that Tina mentioned this and it has been written many times. Trying to get a point over to you - but, YOU MISSED IT! COMPLETLY OVER YOUR HEAD!

[:/]:(Perhaps you need to stick with writing fiction! Read your post and how it sounds - a 3rd grader throwing out an excuse.
Like the 12 yr old who was helping the 6 yr old tear out a bridge across a creek on private property. I ask them why they were doing that. The 12 yr old said it was because the 6 yr old wanted to do it.[:/][:/]:|

Ask Gray anything you want - but I expect he communicates very little with you. He might acknowledge the email, but that will be all. Grow up! You contact the moderator when people do not agree with you - how many people have you gotten expelled from this thread? How many times did YOU tell others (multiple others) you were going to report them to the moderator and how many people have you been instrumental in getting them booted of the thread?

Time to do away with your 6 yr old mentality and grow-up. Face facts you made up a story and you got caught and the more you jabber the worse it gets!

I already know what your reply with be to this post! I didn't make anything up!

Wow.

Okay. I hardly know what to say. I don't recall mentioning anything about a plane crash in that post. (Jo inserts -No you didn't I did because it is a monumental loss) Present any evidence around this town and look what happens. Now you claim that Mucklow's back-and-forth with the hijacker about the oxygen came straight from you and no one else. Jo inserts (If that is how you want to take it - that has been written in several books and artices).

If this is true, and it didn't come from Gray reading the original FBI witness reports (as he says in his book), then I have to discount the conversation. I'm sorry, but if the source of that conversation is from you alone, then no dice. Jo Inserts

Did I say I was the only one - I stated that Duane told me about the O2 - NOT that I was the first to ever mention it, but that Duane told me about it before it was ever written in a book and before I knew who Dan Cooper was - 1979

I'm going to ask Gray if he read this in Mucklow's FBI statements, or simply heard it from you in an email.

Check-out a couple of the books!

There is a lesson here, Jo. If you are going to present anything on Weber possibly linking him to the Cooper case, or try to establish points on the case, you also need to show some evidence once in a while to support those points.

What evidence have u ever released on KC!

The points may be wrong, or coincidental only, but you need to provide something more than 'cause I say so'.

Because U SAY SO!

You say: "The tie-tanium could be a very significant clue. Why does it get so little attention? Sailshaw says Tom Kaye is wrong about only alloyed Ti being used on aircraft. Sailshaw says pure titanium was flame sprayed onto the leading edges of high speed aircraft wings and fins."

I say to correct your above statement that flame spraying of various metals on the leading edge of the wings and fins, it was being experimented with in the materials lab to see what worked best. I don't know the final version on the SST airplane, but the Boeing lab would have had pure titanium as one of the metals they experimented with. Tom Kaye saying it could not have been from Boeing is just not true. The pure titanium found on the tie actually points to the Boeing Materials and Processing lab in the 9-101 building. Sheridan's office was just above that lab and on the 2nd floor.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

Jo & RobertMBlevins,

First, oxygen tanks on airliners. Anyone with their eyes open and who had the slightest idea of what they were looking at, saw one or more relatively small cylindrical objects in the cabins of 1971 commerical airliners. These objects were usually located very close to a stewardress's jump seat.

They were light-weight portable oxygen tanks to be hand carried by the stews as they moved about the cabin helping passengers following cabin loss of pressure at altitude. The stew would plug her constant-flow mask into the tank and then she was mobile.

The oxygen for the passengers came from other tanks either over the cabin area or beneath the cabin floor. It was supplied to the passengers through constant-flow masks that would drop down, at least in theory, when the cabin depressurized at altitude.

If the portable tank was painted yellow, it was a low-pressure tank (about 400 PSI). If it was painted green, it was a high-pressure tank (about 2000 PSI). The ones I specifically remember were yellow.

The cockpit crew had their own oxygen system that had more capabilities than described above.

Perhaps 377 can find more information in his 727 manuals about the oxygen systems.

Second, why did Cooper select NWA 305? According to various sources, Cooper specifically told Tina that he did not have anything against NWA. So that wasn't a reason.

The stop in Portland had only been in effect for two or three months. So it was relatively new. I don't know how many stops NWA 305 had previously, but on November 24, 1971, it made a stop at Great Falls(?), another at Spokane, then Portland. It was a meandering flight that probably had a low passenger load factor normally between Portland and Seattle.

Cooper was familiar with the Seattle area regardless of where he actually came from. The afternoon departure time from Portland was probably one of Cooper's main concerns since he had already decided on a night jump. The time Cooper specified for getting the money to the airport and the hijacked airliner back into the air was well after sunset.

Also, getting the money from Seattle banks was definitely one of his concerns. The Seattle banks were probably still open when Cooper announced the hijacking and the amount of money he wanted. So NWA had a reasonable chance of meeting his demands on that point even though the banks would have to work with NWA and the FBI.

The main thing Cooper wanted was a 727 since he knew it could be jumped. He got a 727 with relatively few people on board and he got it at the right time headed to Seattle. Everything else is secondary.

Robert99