47 47
quade

DB Cooper

If they checked Duane's prints again, you would only say Coopers prints were not on the plane, you do realize they have multiple sets of Duane's prints and used the best ones for the master set.

When the FBI receives the prints they create a "Master Set" of prints related to each person that prints are submitted for. If there are multiple sets for one person, the techs will use the best prints from each set to make one best Master Set.

You DO NOT get it at all.
I was in the mid 1980's when all of that was completed - it did NOT include all because of age and the fact the last crime was before a specific kind.

CARR does NOT know if Duane was included in the program or excluded. YOU do NOT get that the FBI LIED to me about the prints SO what else did they LIE about?

Mr. Smarty pants - WHY don't you contact the FBI and ASK for a MASTER SET of prints for Duane Weber aka John Collins.
DUHHHhhhh!;):| [/:|]
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

If the FBI collected the bomb in Reno, but never revealed it, that would make a good "prove you have unique first hand knowledge of the incident" question to check self confessed Cooper wannabes.

I don't think that occurred, but I do think the FBI has kept some secrets that can be used to filter false claims.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

If they checked Duane's prints again, you would only say Coopers prints were not on the plane, you do realize they have multiple sets of Duane's prints and used the best ones for the master set.

When the FBI receives the prints they create a "Master Set" of prints related to each person that prints are submitted for. If there are multiple sets for one person, the techs will use the best prints from each set to make one best Master Set.

You DO NOT get it at all.
I was in the mid 1980's when all of that was completed - it did NOT include all because of age and the fact the last crime was before a specific kind.

CARR does NOT know if Duane was included in the program or excluded. YOU do NOT get that the FBI LIED to me about the prints SO what else did they LIE about?

Mr. Smarty pants - WHY don't you contact the FBI and ASK for a MASTER SET of prints for Duane Weber aka John Collins.
DUHHHhhhh!;):| [/:|]

I don't know what to tall ya Jo, I guess Duane is Cooper since you think they messed up his prints, even if they did it again, as I mentioned, you will only respond by saying Cooper didn't leave his prints behind!! I get it loud and clear!!
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

If the FBI collected the bomb in Reno, but never revealed it, that would make a good "prove you have unique first hand knowledge of the incident" question to check self confessed Cooper wannabes.

I don't think that occurred, but I do think the FBI has kept some secrets that can be used to filter false claims.

I think it's possible it was left, not saying it was, but one never knows, I'm sure they have many tricks up the sleeve that we don't know about. sooner or later someone will hit that lottery and cash in!! B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I agree, I forgot about the looking back here on the transcripts, hell even that stupid movie "The Pursuit Of DB Cooper" shows the bomb was left behind, personally I would have left it on the plane, I'm sure there is lots we don't know, maybe we can find a fault in the path, I don't know.

thinking now, I believe they probably took some sort of a look back there, I bet the FBI requested it many times along the way. does anyone know if the Bomb Squad was on the tarmac at Reno? I'm sure they were.

Google Chrome says bad link as well Amazon...B|

Ive been told it was and was on first - I have a
reason to think Geoff Gray was told the same thing
in his interviews with Reno agents but I am not sure
if he was ... is it in his book?

I don't know what to tall ya Jo, I guess Duane is Cooper since you think they messed up his prints, even if they did it again, as I mentioned, you will only respond by saying Cooper didn't leave his prints behind!! I get it loud and clear!!

Jo is already stuck with Duane's prints being on the plane. Remember Duane's nightmare scream about leaving his prints on the "aft stairs"?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I think it's possible it was left, not saying it was, but one never knows, I'm sure they have many tricks up the sleeve that we don't know about. sooner or later someone will hit that lottery and cash in!! B|

Obviously, there are people who know for a fact -

I dont recall it ever came up with Ckret?

But I know for a fact Geoff has talked to at least one
Reno agent who was there and boarded the plane -
Geoff discussed what was found on the plane, what
was observed/found, the condition of the plane and
the galley area in particular, etcetera ...

Jo is already stuck with Duane's prints being on the plane. Remember Duane's nightmare scream about leaving his prints on the "aft stairs"?

yes I recall that well, which prints were they B|
Duane Weber
Duane L Weber
Duane Lorin Weber
Duane Larin Weber
Duane Loren Weber
John Collins
John Chalk Collins
John Claudin Collins
John Claudian Collins

they have prints from all of these guys, do you think they could be the same Hmmmm, why yes I think they are the same prints.

Miss Cooper jpeg -

HOW SWEET! Is that your grandbaby? About the sweetest photo I have ever seen of a little girl and her little play house.:)She looks so happy.

The house is almost as big as she was at the time the photo was made. This is the kind you want to pick up in your arms and show off to the world and love them to pieces.

Give her lots and lots of love and good memories to remember you by. My grandfather died when I was 4 yrs old. I remember his boots and his throwing me into the air (no face). Then I remember being picked up to kiss Grand Daddy good-bye in his casket (why I do NOT remember his face at all).

Children of 4 do NOT understand death! I say no more.

Love them and make good memories, because you never know what tomorrow will bring...

Is it Cook or Geoff who is still in touch with Carr? possibly they could try to get an answer thru him?

Is it Cook or Geoff who is still in touch with Carr? possibly they could try to get an answer thru him?

Im not sure - I will ask. Tom/Carol may be ?
Carol is a certified 'citizen agent' now! Entered a
program and passed, I guess . In fact Ive wondered
if she is still involved in the Cooper case in some
way ... I would be the very last person on Earth to find out .. maybe Blevins knows "all" !? Since he's buddies with Tom now and all ...:D

Carol is a certified 'citizen agent' now!

I'll check, I think it was cook, he mentioned this on the Mountain news if I recall correctly......checking....

7:54 As soon as reasonably sure the man has left, the quicker you can land.

8:02 No terrain in excess of 8000 feet on that route, then have to go to 10,500 or 11,000 between Red Bluff and Reno, if you have to go that far.

8:05 Cooper on intercom said everything is OK.

8:06 Medford, OR is best choice short of Reno and Reno may become a bit tight.

Where did McCoy’s plane land? SLC, the closest airport to where he jumped.

LaPoint? Denver, the closest city to his jump.

Heady? Reno, the closest to his jump point and also the departure airport.

McNally? Landed in Chicago, but Indianapolis was slightly closer to the bailout point.

Those four planes also closed their aft stairs before landing. I’m not seeing much certainty from the crew of 305 thinking Cooper was gone. Plus the transcripts betray an expectation that Cooper would have been out of the plane relatively early with the suggestion of landing sooner, and at Medford. I do realize how case studies are despised and intrude on perfectly good conspiracies and skullduggery.

What’s the source for anything contrary?

Carol is a certified 'citizen agent' now!

I'll check, I think it was cook, he mentioned this on the Mountain news if I recall correctly......checking....

Yes, Cook was in the past. I just dont know if he is
currently - you can ask him or I will ..

Well, 377 - a dream or nightmare is just that.

All I know about prints is the nightmare Duane had during the first few months of our marriage.

Cooper may have had something on his fingers like airplane glue or whatever to smooth off his prints. He was careful to wipe off things and to retrieve items - so I think Grays take about Cooper being print phobic may have been from statements he saw in the files - or just told to add to the story.
He is a writer!

The other thing I know is the research someone did on the fingerprints master files - and how they developed them. NOT at all the way Carr depicted this in the thread.

I just know I have a very good source of DNA for Weber that I have held onto...As for his prints they had to be on that resume.

Do you think he put it into the metal box with gloves on? NOT hardly. The tax returns should have his prints on them. I have andled them many many times.
The divorce records the FBI was not interested in. Those would have his prints, my prints, the FBI agents, Mr. X's prints, the Processors prints, the judges prints - but most assurably the prints of Duane Weber.

The FBI did not check those for prints because it would have destroyed the documents.

Their asking for prints & DNA was 2003 - many yrs after I contacted them about Duane in 1996. They did NOT tell me what sources they were looking for. They never mentioned documents.

I don't have any info on Cook, I have never spoken to him, I have spoken with Tom and Geoff, but not Cook, I think you are the best answer in this question.

Jo wrote

As for his prints they had to be on that resume.

"Just had to" is pure speculation. Many items touched and handled by accused criminals fail to yield usable prints. Ask any crime scene tech.

Jo wrote

As for his prints they had to be on that resume.

"Just had to" is pure speculation. Many items touched and handled by accused criminals fail to yield usable prints. Ask any crime scene tech.

Yep, and this document was how old before the FBI seen it, and I recall some 5 other targets were found, including Jo's, the document was never preserved correctly because nobody knew it was going to be used for prints.

I don't have any info on Cook, I have never spoken to him, I have spoken with Tom and Geoff, but not Cook, I think you are the best answer in this question.

I will ask around -

while pondering Tan.

:D

Oh! Georger you are being ass (like a donkey) - just answer my question about why you posted the pic labeled Tan. Who have you been talking to or should I ask what you are drinking. Save some for me....with the news I received recently I might need one!

Do you actually talk to anyone about this case outside of this thread involved in the case from day one - such as The co-pilot?

To All: Has anyone heard from the guys who went to Ariel?

MeyerLouie and Bruce went and wondering if Blevins ACTUALLY showed up. Also wonder if JT and Marla showed up - they make a good pair (like in Amos and Andy).

Cook and Gray - did they go?
Who got the drunkest and showed himself? Did Bruce take enough jackets and sweaters and blankets - I think he needs to move to FL as cold as he gets.

Did anyone go from the original "casting" of Skyjack in 1971?

I will ask around -

while pondering Tan.

:D

Oh! Georger you are being ass (like a donkey) - just answer my question about why you posted the pic labeled Tan. Who have you been talking to or should I ask what you are drinking. Save some for me....with the news I received recently I might need one!
?

The post referenced dynamite - tan vs. red.
I posted a color chip for the tan of some brands of
dynamite, actually gray tan.

I didnt mean it as a Rorschach test, nor did I realise
it might provoke connections to the Nether world.
But around here nothing is simple.

This place has become like the Salem Witch Trials.
Perhaps the FBI will devise a course for dealing with
Drop -zombies.

This is NOT a test.

I repeat -

This is NOT a test!

Ariel – 2012

I had a great time – one of the highlights for me was dancing with a woman named Christie! Whew!

Marla, who?

In between dancing with Christie and listening to Meyer get a guest shot at singing “Unchain My Heart” with the band on stage, I lost my note book. So my Ariel report is a bit thin at the moment as I’m relying solely on memory.

But here are some highlights:

I rode down from Eatonville with Meyer Louie and we arrived at a surprisingly very empty Ariel tavern around noon. As a result, we had a lot of time to talk with Dona Elliott, the owner.

It’s her 23rd “Cooper Days” festival, and she told us she bought the tavern for $45,000. She also told us that the place became the site of the DB Cooper gathering because the soldiers from Fort Lewis were bivouacked just down the road at Merwin Dam when they came for the ground search in the spring of 1972.

As for juicy stuff, Dona Elliott says that she thinks Ralph Himmelsbach is an “arrogant bastard,” who is “not interested in finding the truth.” Although Dona says Ralph has been to Ariel three times over the years, there is little love lost between these two icons of Cooper lore.

Dona shocked me by indicating that she didn't know who Larry Carr is.

Blevs got to Ariel early as promised and looked busy through the afternoon filming people as they came and went. He also sat down with Meyer, Dona and me for about a 30 minute quiet chat before the tavern totally filled up with tourists. The four of us jumped from story to story, and it felt quite Hamish, as they say in Yiddish, and Meyer seemed to fall in love with the tavern’s ambience and Dona's warm nature.

Dona told us that she heard 305 fly overhead that night, and she adamantly says it was much lower than 10,000 feet. “It sounded like it was at 3,000-4,000 feet,” she declared.

Blevs, I think, made the point that a jetliner flying as dirty as 305 was, would have its engines roaring so loudly that maybe it only sounded like it was lower. Hmmmm, something to ponder.

Good news: Blevs didn’t act annoyingly as far as I could tell, and I think most folks were glad he was there. Meyer and Robert actually shook hands, too.

Later Meyer spent a bit of time with Dona and they began to hatch a plan for a three-hour professional symposium next year at Ariel. It’ll be composed of round-table sharing of findings by investigators and presentations by experts. Meyer is heading that up.

Along those lines, Mr. Kick-Ass himself, Doug Kenck-Crispin said that this Oregon historical organization is having a Cooper exhibit starting in August next year, and will also be sponsoring a DBC symposium on November 30, 2013. Doug is becoming more than just a historian or conference host, and is doing some investigative work on Cooper, such as researching how often and who was using 727s as a jump platform, such as the Forest Service.

Doug was there with his dad, Bob, and a few friends. It’s clear a new generation of Cooper sleuths is honing their chops.

Doug’s cutie intern Melissa was there, too, and she’s not a bad dancer, either.

Doug is proving to be very tight-lipped as a Cooper researcher, as I found out as I pressed for details. He placated me with a beer, and it worked. This year.

I had a good time at Ariel this year, can you tell?

A big treat for me was meeting Clyde Lewis, who is a major emerging on-air radio personality. He is currently on 250 stations nationwide and will be expanding. He is buttressed up against the George Noory Coast-to-Coast programming, and Clyde explores many of the same topics, such as paranormal and hidden politics – he calls it para-politics, or some such. He also gives heavy coverage to DB Cooper and we talked at length.

Here’s the kicker – he knew Wolfgang Gossett. In fact, Gossett was Clyde’s mentor when he was just starting out in radio in Salt Lake City in the early 1980s. Clyde was a teenager at the time, but nevertheless, “Wolfgang Gossett taught me everything I know about researching paranormal activity.”

Gossett apparently had a paranormal call-in talk radio show in Salt Lake City.

Clyde has researched Gossett extensively, and had a lot to say about personality characteristics of this notable suspect. Clyde said that Gossett had lots of qualities that he described as a “dark side,” such as possessing a menacing quality. I’ll expand on that, but I need to wait for my notes for better details.

Also, Clyde is a big fan of using remote viewing to expand the DB Cooper investigation, and he said that he will make inquiries along these lines with folks that he knows are skilled remote viewers. Also, some of the entourage with Clyde are also passionate about using RV to pursue the truth of the Cooper case.

I found Clyde to be a top-notch guy and avid Cooper investigator. He has a website and has aged-regressed Gossett with a beard to offer a compelling composite.

Ron and Pat Forman also came to the shin-dig, and we enjoyed several quiet Cooper conversations in the “merchandize room.” Book sales must be good because Ron bought me another Black Butte Porter.

Pat just texted me from their bed and breaksfast on the Lewis River and they found my note book! Thank Gawd!

Some side notes:

There is a flyer and pictures of Duane Weber placed prominently at the door to the tavern. There is no pix of the “Five Boys” as Jo has described, but Dona says that she has received the pix from Jo and has stashed it in some file.

More gossip: Dona, Blevs, Meyer, me and others joked about how long we have been corralled on the phone by Jo. Dona won first prize by claiming a ten-hour phone chat with Jo one evening.

Surprisingly, my lotto tix of 1-7-11-18-24-27 did not win. In a related event, Meyer, who is a college math professor, had a very heated discussion with me on the way home about probability, the power of the mind and creating reality.

As for other mind-over-matter issues, I never needed the two polar fleece blankets I brought along to indure Meyer's need for coolness while I confronted my chronic inability to regulate my body's warmth. Ah, life in the Pacific Northwest.