47 47
quade

DB Cooper

As for smokin99 - I've baked three pies, made a broccoli salad, collard greens, got my dressing in the oven, turkey ready to go in the oven when I wake up, dirty martini by my side, thinking about a corn casserole/souffle, watching Gone with the Wind on Turner Classic Movies, sneaking a page or two of a Ken Follett novel that's resting on the arm of my chair, and Dropzone on the laptop. Am I multi-tasking or what?

You are a guy and YOU cook?
Well, I will settle for a pecan pie I am going to make because I have been craving it - of course the crust has to be gluten free - ughhh! But I have to have something to hold the pie together.

No one to cook for - infact I think I am forgetting how to cook. Nothing comes out like it used to. Strange your menu sounds like my daughter's - alway collard greens and broccoli salad. I was always the pie baker. You definitely are multi-tasking.

You live in the South? I would never have known. The cornbread dressing is a dead give-away. We never stuff a turkey!

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

This is my first T-Day post-MI, that's myocardial infarction for the inititiated, and my kitchen plans this year call for making hummus from scratch, without Tahini, as it adds too much saturated fat and oils.

So, thanks to all for conjuring up old memories of cornbread, southern cookin' and such. Once Upon a Time when I worked in the horse racin' biz and traveled extensively in Dixie, I used to have a map that told me where all the good BBQ places were. I'd map my routes south outta NYC to those great eatin' spots. Loved that pulled pork and Carolina-style cole slaw, all washed down with Sweet Tea.

Sigh.

Wonder what Danny Boy ate 41 years ago?

Don't sigh....Tis better to be alive than well fed. :)
For me - with a dark family heart history and a less-than-optimum lipid profile it's all about statins and moderation. Though i probably should be going the hummus route as well.
I have until January to do it my way. If my numbers don't look right in January then I have to do it my doc's way. And she's more about hummus and such. An evil evil woman.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

I just made 3 pumpkin pies. I am bringing a turkey to my brothers place tomorrow. He is bringing fresh tuna. Look at the size of what he caught last weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo, what year did John die?

Jo replied:

Why in the world would you want to know when John died.
I met John, I have letters he wrote, I was in their home and I know when he died and when his wife died. I do not feel that this is information for public knowledge as they had family. This kind of thing I do in private.

Do you know how to spell PRIVATE EMAIL? I tried to find his employement records, but all that comes up is deceased. I do know how to use the SS site...and I have his letters to me and the pictures he sent me.

Mrsshutter said:

a couple weeks ago you said you didn't even know his SS? and that you wouldn't know how to find these records? that's why I asked. a obituary has more info than SS.....

Jo States:

I do NOT always remember files I have collected on individuals and I had that - as for the obit - he had just buried his wife. John had no family left as he never had any children. Some days are good and the other are hell. You can usually tell by the way I post.

I have not felt like digging them out of the files - all of my files are paper and many many disks and I do NOT know how to search them - they are just there and I expect when I die they will get tossed into the garbage...no one cares but me...no one wants the truth but me....no one wants the FBI to divulge everything they know about Weber, but me.

I just made 3 pumpkin pies. I am bringing a turkey to my brothers place tomorrow. He is bringing fresh tuna. Look at the size of what he caught last weekend.

Cool! I wanta go fishing with him! I'll take my tuna grilled! My cholesterol is lowering just thinking about it.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Why is Bruce being Cook's mouthpiece on the forum? It's strange -- what's the real motivation? MeyerLouie

whats the 'motivation' for anyone posting here?

Well Georger - The old lady was LOL when she read that post.
I started to list the reasons, but maybe eveyone will just list their own.

Happy Thankgiving!

Holy sheet.. nice fishy

How far offshore was he for that??

Why is Bruce being Cook's mouthpiece on the forum? It's strange -- what's the real motivation? MeyerLouie

I prefer to think of myself as a conduit for information, and some mighty fine tidbits come from Galen, so I share.

As for Galen posting directly, he got bounced out of the forum a few years back for indiscretions of which I have long forgotten the details. I think he chided Larry Carr excessively over some DZ post. '08? '09?

When the planets align and the tide is in, Galen calls and we talk. Some times I write it all down, and after that sometimes I post.

For the Record - I would like to know WHY Galen Cook doesn't speak for himself? He has spoke thru myself and others who have come to this thread. At first we are grateful to have something informative to state. Sometimes he is fishing or just trying a new angle - if it doesn't turn out just right he can always say - I didn't say that! That's not what I told her!

;)He brings you into the story, but he can't hold your attention because he changes "subjects" to often. Now he has so much money floating in the Columbia - he wants a best seller be it right or wrong - that is my take on Galen Cook!:S:|

Hasn't there been enough WANNA BE's - Anyone who looks at Galen's history with the Cooper story would know he has
presented subject after subject and NOT One of them has been able to stay in flight...they end up on the ground - just like Cooper!

Now he is putting the briefcase and bomb in a small chute with part of the money into the Columbia and Cooper in OR or NV. Perhaps he is going to support Ms Twisty Butt's Uncle DL?

I prefer to think of myself as a conduit for information, and some mighty fine tidbits come from Galen, so I share.

As for Galen posting directly, he got bounced out of the forum a few years back for indiscretions of which I have long forgotten the details. I think he chided Larry Carr excessively over some DZ post. '08? '09?

When the planets align and the tide is in, Galen calls and we talk. Some times I write it all down, and after that sometimes I post.

Dang I like you Bruce Smith. You're kinda of out there with some stuff, but I think you basically put forth a genuine, honest article. Even when they close the door on you, you always manage to come up with something to write about anyway.
I love to read your stuff..so keep it coming.
And btw, I will be looking forward to my percentage of the lotto winnings. 7 27. :)

SO he said! Why don't we let QUADE tell us when and if he EVER POSTED here? The story he told me pre-dated 2008 and I did check on the avatar, but it did NOT exist (forgot what it was now). Claimed it was only a couple of posts.

Don't get me wrong I like GALEN, but isn't it time for him to speak for himself! I am sure Quade would allow him back if he was ever here in the 1st place

Hell, I didn't mind - there were a few tidbits I threw out there and others wanted to know how in the hell I found this or that. I saved ALL of the EMAILS he sent just as I am sure He saved mine. We were all playing with the theories - but we did it openly.
What was his motivation to stay behind the scenes?

What happens later is that if it doesn't wash - he's not the one with egg on his face. Comes down to he said she said and I didn't say that.

I like GLACIER BOY and it has been interesting to watch and listen to his CONTINUALLY EVOLVING door of "Cooper Stories and Suspects". Perhaps one of the titles he should think about.

Most important I think he should LIST ALL of the suspects he has had over the yrs and HOW many of them there have been. His story has continually EVOLVED - from subject to theory and you guys criticized ME about the little theories we explored and I just had ONE Cooper.

I just deleted the REST of the COOK STORY! Someone will have to remind me to tell THE REST OF THE STORY another time if anyone is interested.

Happy TURKEY DAY!

:)

Bruce: You are claiming that Cook's been banned from the Cooper thread. You know this can be checked through Quade, right? I have already sent him a message asking him to not tell ME...but to post something on the thread whether this banning claim is true or not...

If it isn't true, and Cook can post, then maybe he should present his OWN case. Quade is a fairly patient guy. Most of the time, he just gives you a vacation or two before he outright bans you. If Cook just got a vacation it was probably over long ago.

Quade? Do you have a comment on this?

WTF......did you guys have any problem with Geoffrey Grey not posting on Dropzone?
Or Richard Tosaw not posting on Dropzone?
Or Ralph Himmelsbach not posting on Dropzone?
Or "Name a DB Cooper Author" not posting on dropzone?
Jeez..........maybe the really savvy writers save their shit for their books. You think??

Better go back and read my post about why Cook doesn't Post.

Jo... I really don't care why he doesn't post on an internet forum. Each to his frickin own. If my goal was to write a book on one of the most infamous crimes of the 20 century and I thought i had a fresh take on it...I mean really - why would I want to dilute my product by posting my every thought/chapter on an internet forum?

Smokin99: Those people you named didn't use a shill at Dropzone, as Cook does.

Big difference between doing that, and choosing not to post.

Hello???...Hello??? Rein in your green eyed monster.
Did Galen Cook ask Bruce Smith to come on Dropzone and post as his proxy?????
That would be the question you should ask before making your asinine assumptions.

In order to "use a shill" you have to be an active participant.
From what I am reading from Bruce - he has conversations with Galen and then chooses --- on his own-- to post those conversations.

Perhaps Bruce Smith can enlighten us as to whether Galen Cook is "using" him as a "shill".

Jo... I really don't care why he doesn't post on an internet forum. Each to his frickin own. If my goal was to write a book on one of the most infamous crimes of the 20 century and I thought i had a fresh take on it...I mean really - why would I want to dilute my product by posting my every thought/chapter on an internet forum?

Actually, Smokin...Galen Cook DOES post. He just uses Bruce Smith to do it. B|

Or haven't you noticed?

Pretty obvious, hard to deny.

Bullshit. If Bruce Smith chooses to post his conversations with Galen Cook, then that is Bruce Smith posting. Not Galen Cook.
But you know what? What fricking difference does it make anyway?
If you're gonna write a book get the most mileage possible. I personally would not divulge all on an internet forum -- but hey...each to his own.

Actually, Smokin...Galen Cook DOES post. He just uses Bruce Smith to do it. B|

Or haven't you noticed?

Pretty obvious, hard to deny.

Bullshit. If Bruce Smith chooses to post his conversations with Galen Cook, then that is Bruce Smith posting. Not Galen Cook.
But you know what? What fricking difference does it make anyway?
If you're gonna write a book get the most mileage possible. I personally would not divulge all on an internet forum -- but hey...each to his own.

Just turn him off! Ignore the troll ...

He's a shill for himself! And consumed by jealousy.

Has no cogent arguements about anything, no
credibility, and is consumed by trying to sidtrack
and derail this forum. That is the only mission he
can muster.

Just ignore the troll . . . he's just trying to take
people down with him..

That would be the question you should ask before making your asinine assumptions.

From what I am reading from Bruce - he has conversations with Galen and then chooses --- on his own-- to post those conversations.

Perhaps Bruce Smith can enlighten us as to whether Galen Cook is "using" him as a "shill".

Smokin99: Why don't we cut through the baloney and see what brand of mustard is being used on the sandwich?

Smith has claimed that the reason Cook doesn't post on his own is because he was banned by Quade. If this is not true, wouldn't you like to see Cook post up his own case? And wouldn't you like to know WHY Cook said that?

Let's just say for a moment that Cook told Bruce Smith he was banned and Smith has no idea whether it's true. I'm simply asking if it is. And if it ISN'T true, then Cook should post for himself, instead of using the Mountain News and Bruce as a platform while being able to dodge questions at the same time. I'm not perfect, but I only LOOK stupid.

This only matters to YOU and to nobody else on the
planet !

Happy Day Turkey.

Smokin99: Why don't we cut through the baloney and see what brand of mustard is being used on the sandwich?

Smith has claimed that the reason Cook doesn't post on his own is because he was banned by Quade. If this is not true, wouldn't you like to see Cook post up his own case? And wouldn't you like to know WHY Cook said that?

Let's just say for a moment that Cook told Bruce Smith he was banned and Smith has no idea whether it's true. I'm simply asking if it is. And if it ISN'T true, then Cook should post for himself, instead of using the Mountain News and Bruce as a platform while being able to dodge questions at the same time. I'm not perfect, but I only LOOK stupid.

Hint. You're not perfect and you look stupid.
Here's the deal:
Bruce Smith says that sometimes Galen calls, they talk, then he (Bruce) posts snippets of their conversations.
No where in that dialogue does anyone suggest that Galen asks Bruce to post for him. Really that is the only thing that should be of concern......

However,,,,,maybe I'm missing something here, but I've been hanging out at the dropzone for a bit longer than you - and I'll go out on a limb here and say that Galen Cook has never been a prolific poster on the Dropzone. I even have my doubts - though I'm not totally sure on this one - that he has ever been what one would term a "regular" poster.

Georger says in part:

'Just turn him off! Ignore the troll ...

He's a shill for himself! And consumed by jealousy...'

It was a legit question, despite your protests, duly noted.

ADVICE: Stop saying things in anger you regret and edit moments later.

If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere..."

Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn, I havent edited anything - if I did its none
of your business in any event!

Saying things in anger? Dont you wish! Thats your
schtik.

You arent worth getting angry over.

You werent posing questions - You were making
accusations. And arguing with Smokin99. The anger
is yours. Just like you argue with everyone,
inevitably.

Advice: drop it while youre ahead -

Hint. You're not perfect and you look stupid.
Here's the deal:
Bruce Smith says that sometimes Galen calls, they talk, then he (Bruce) posts snippets of their conversations.
No where in that dialogue does anyone suggest that Galen asks Bruce to post for him. Really that is the only thing that should be of concern......

However,,,,,maybe I'm missing something here, but I've been hanging out at the dropzone for a bit longer than you - and I'll go out on a limb here and say that Galen Cook has never been a prolific poster on the Dropzone. I even have my doubts - though I'm not totally sure on this one - that he has ever been what one would term a "regular" poster.

Dont let Blebins' mind games degrade the facts:

Cook does not post here, was never a prolific poster
here, and does not have any shills as Blevins
contends.

Nor would Cook and others EVER come here - why?
Because ths super troll Blevins is here.

Bruce is too independent to be anyone's shill. Think
about it! Bruce and Galen dont even agree 100% of
the time. Galen does not prep Bruce! That is obvious
to me because I have some info about these
matters.

Blevins is constructing a straw man to get everyone
worked up just as he always does. Strawmen are
Blevins specialty.

Blevins throws out concepts and defends them as if
they were facts - slowly, if he can, his arguements
take on the veil of facts ... thus another Sham Wow
job is performed.

Just ignore the troll. It is the only way.

Lets justassume for the swkeof argument, Blevins'
accusation against Cook were trueand Blevins got
100% agrement here at DZ. Would that change
anything? Would that change Cook? Or Bruce?
Or the jet stream!? No. So the whole thing is
vacuous in any event.. which would become obvious
after the fact. It wouldnt enhance Blevins' stature
one iota, nor would it decrease Cook's stature one
iota ... its all vacuous and just a persistent strawman
Blevins can hold ground with ....... daily.

My question on Cook was perfectly legitimate.

It wasnt a single question. It has been two years of
anti Galen Cook posts by you here at DZ. If not one
thing then another. A whole campaign! Just oneof
numerous campaigns of yours.

A long long list of accusations -

Legitimate?

Maybe if readers were blind and deaf.