47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Date of incident: 21 September 1973

Crash related deaths:
LCDR Francis W. Miller (CG Aviator #1164)
LTJG Jerald M. Mack (CG Aviator #1567)
AD1 Harold D. Brown, Jr.
AM2 Benjamin R. Gaskins, Jr.
AT2 John F. Harrison
AT2 John P. Pledger

Air Station the aircraft and/or crew were assigned to:
Air Station Corpus Christi, TX

Aircraft type and Coast Guard tail number:
Grumman HU-16E Albatross, 2123*

Location of the incident:
Gulf of Mexico

Description of the incident:
This crew was dropping parachute flares to illuminate a search area. One of the flares accidentally ignited in the aircraft and the intense smoke incapacitated the pilots and crew. The aircraft made an uncontrolled descent into the water.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

It was a Tuesday afternoon, Sept 23, 1941, as four members of the Arthur Whitmer family were in a field picking tomatoes, about one mile west of Kratzerville, Pennsylvania . Around 2:10, as they made their way through the vines, their attention was drawn to the sound of an object hurtling to the earth at a terrific speed.

They saw it hit the ground with a great thud in a freshly ploughed field. One of them said that it hit with such force that it rebounded from the ploughed earth about eight to ten feet into the air. They were about 100 yards away and felt the vibration from the terrific impact. They thought at first the falling body resembled a mailbag dropped from a mail plane, but when they ran over to get a better look, they discovered the crushed form of a human being.

http://www.check-six.com/Coast_Guard/21_Sept_1943_Mystery_Fall.htm

Some radio nuts will go to extremes to get their antennas optimized. I can see Snowmman doing this, but as experienced ice climber, I bet he wouldnt have fallen off.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

The point with the genuine versus fake stuff is resolved through a couple methods. Heady had a real gun because it shot real bullets in the plane. If Heady hadn’t shot the thing, is there anyone willing to bet their life on it being empty or a replica?

You have to know what you are looking at in order to make some assumption, like is the bomb or gun real. The bad guys know this and at times enter banks with a couple rounds fired for effect. It works extremely well.

Want to know if I really kidnapped your family member? You can talk to them on the phone. Want to know if this bomb is real? NO! NO! that’s fine sir, you’re clearly a man of honor and integrity, what can I do for you?

LaPoint’s ‘bomb’ was created out of seven or eight, magnesium flares lashed together and attached to a 9 volt battery. Any guesses on what sort of damage a cluster of those things going off in a DC-9 would cause? I don’t know, I’m asking, but I do know that I would treat that thing exactly the same as if it were the rest of my life.

We know that McCoy was bluffing because the gun and grenade were recovered. Heady wasn’t kidding and LaPoint left his bundle of joy behind on the plane, for the crew to deal with. Nice.

So was Cooper’s bomb a phony? Does it matter? Does the teller getting held up with an unloaded gun go through some different terror, from that of the teller facing a loaded gun? How about a toy gun?

I just don’t see the value add in this data point, outside using it as some evidence to facilitate an accurate conviction.

Okay...so speaking of Ralph Himmelsbach...I forget...tell me again how he got to be the go-to guy?
Not sure how they divvy up the cases. - Or do they all work on it and one guy is just more public than the rest?
I never hear anyone talking about Tom Manning (FBI In charge of Search) or H Earle Milnes (Seattle SAC), etc..

According to Himmelsbach, he was the primary active on the case, right? Is it because the hijacking originated from Portland?
But then I read articles of the day with other FBI agent names mentioned - He's not really prominent (as far as being mentioned in articles) until later years.

Wonder if any of the other players are still around - like FBI guys mentioned above or Northwest folks?

By the way...here's an interesting article that mentions retired FBI agent Tom Manning..I thought it would be right up Farflung's alley (has planes and virgins and volcanoes) http://www.lexingtonfilm.com/cmtsthelens.htm :)

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

The point with the genuine versus fake stuff is resolved through a couple methods. Heady had a real gun because it shot real bullets in the plane. If Heady hadn’t shot the thing, is there anyone willing to bet their life on it being empty or a replica?

You have to know what you are looking at in order to make some assumption, like is the bomb or gun real. The bad guys know this and at times enter banks with a couple rounds fired for effect. It works extremely well.

Want to know if I really kidnapped your family member? You can talk to them on the phone. Want to know if this bomb is real? NO! NO! that’s fine sir, you’re clearly a man of honor and integrity, what can I do for you?

LaPoint’s ‘bomb’ was created out of seven or eight, magnesium flares lashed together and attached to a 9 volt battery. Any guesses on what sort of damage a cluster of those things going off in a DC-9 would cause? I don’t know, I’m asking, but I do know that I would treat that thing exactly the same as if it were the rest of my life.

We know that McCoy was bluffing because the gun and grenade were recovered. Heady wasn’t kidding and LaPoint left his bundle of joy behind on the plane, for the crew to deal with. Nice.

So was Cooper’s bomb a phony? Does it matter? Does the teller getting held up with an unloaded gun go through some different terror, from that of the teller facing a loaded gun? How about a toy gun?

I just don’t see the value add in this data point, outside using it as some evidence to facilitate an accurate conviction.

And there you have it. Good point, farflung.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Farflung says in part:

***'Smokin99…. The disembodied keyboard of reason.

Yep, we ‘think’ Cooper’s bomb was a fake based upon…. Nothing...'

Almost, but not quite nothing.

Himmelsbach:

'Himmelsbach gave a reason he believes the Cooper bomb was a fake. He said dynamite is not red in color, but is the color of a manila envelope. He said in his career he has handled dynamite many times...'

Yeah you've quoted that before. Though I don't know why, since, in reality, it would seem that Himmelsbach did not know his dynamite from a hole in the ground.

I and others have posted several pictures of red dynamite of roughly the same shape. dimension, and did I mention COLOR (RED) of the description depicted in the transcripts. Yet you persist.:S

So maybe none of the dynamite Himmelsbach handled was red, but there was red dynamite. Could it have been fake...sure...I tend to think there is credence in the flare idea. But the fact that it was RED is NOT proof that it was not dynamite.

all depended on where you got it and what type -

however: Tina described the color as close to the bright red of her uniform. Therein is the distinction H was keying on - according to H.

The same may not be true of road flares - Ive never
seen a road/railroad flare that wasnt red and
railroad flares had a rounded strike cap on one
end -

The sticks Tina saw had wires coming out of them,
or so she thought.

If I'm not mistaken the plastic cap comes off as it is the striker. just point that part to the back of the suitcase, here is a flare bomb

well that photo is interesting - an actual flare
bomb? - didnt know you could make a bomb out of
flares ??? If you can then Cooper was one step
ahead, had several bases covered ... bomb plus
flares for the bailout ...maybe had some ordinance
experience ... Ti etc on tie? ...

Perhaps this ties into 99's earlier post about
firing range ? ... personnel there?

Smokin99 says in part:

'Cook has done no different than you in that you guys take some facts, some loose coincidental information and then try to make a story out of it. Good for him, good for you, but seriously you, of all people, have no grounds to call someone on taking liberty with the facts.

And finally, "Engage in Puffery" Really? Ye gads I've heard it all now. Your condescending attitude or the perception of it towards Smith's writing is confusing to say the least. I'm not going to be downright ugly so you will have to read between the lines on that one.

I'm willing to wait on the rest of the info - just like I did with KC...'

Fair enough. Although I do try to present reasonable evidence occasionally.

Consider this: When I make a mistake, people point it out to me so many times it becomes redundant. I can understand that, and I can 'take it'.

However...fair is fair. And what is good for the goose is good for the gander. This means I should not be the only one pointing out the deceptions and flaws in Cook's story.

Do you know what would happen to me if I posted up (without naming names or giving details) that some boys found shards a month before Brian did (corners only, no serial numbers sorry)...and offered ZERO evidence? And then tried to connect this to an old article by using deceptive information to promote it?

Ha. You think Farflung and Georger are hard on me now?

They would have a field day with this one. I don't blame the content of that article on Bruce Smith. He simply reports what Galen Cook tells him.

And I'm saying that Cook misrepresented the information in his statements for the article. I believe he dipped into that 'patch' story in an effort to support his OTHER allegation about the 'corner-only money shards'. Then he dressed up the patch story to make the whole package look better.

I'm not necesarily the arrogant type. I'm a pretty laid-back guy, generally. This article, these claims, have nothing to do with whether or not Ken Christiansen was the skyjacker. This goes to credibility. And if Mr Cook misrepresents the information about Tosaw's nylon, and tries to pass off this 'long-buried discovery' as something new, then you have to ask what would motivate him to do that. I believe his motivation is simple. He's trying to link these stories together, and the whole thing is thinner than a sheet of Saran Wrap. No names, many claims (hired-scientist studies) and more general BS and unnecessary mystery than I can list.

It may sound like I am angry, but I am not. Disappointed in Cook? Yes. When I come to Ariel this year I am doing a video. You want to tell your side, your suspect, your story, hey...I will shoot your stuff as long as the harddrive holds out. But remember it all goes to YouTube later.

See you there. Maybe I will buy you a beer if you're polite. We may disagree on the case, but that doesn't mean I don't respect your viewpoint. Even Cook, yes. Um, BK...maybe not. :|

Besides, everyone knows I can't say for sure it was KC. If I knew that, I'd be on Letterman next week. :)Wake UP.

DZ participants: please hurry up and start talking about real technical, scientific aspects of the case. That's the only time Blevins shuts up -- all that technical stuff is way beyond him. He doesn't know how to even begin to repond to it (that's a good thing). It's the only time he's speechless. And when you can't talk, you can't put your foot in your mouth, which Blevins does pretty much every time he says anything. So, hurry, please. MeyerLouie

OK, so where does one start with this tale?

His name was Byrd and he fell out of an airplane? Really??

The tomato pickers thought it was a ‘mailbag’ being dropped from a mail plane, because that’s what mail planes do, they just heave those bags out the door when they get close enough. Really??

This was from a Grumman Goose which has the capacity for five PAX and they didn’t notice one missing? Really??

Not only didn’t they notice him missing, they didn’t notice him opening a hatch, to work on a failed antenna, which was diagnosed as the problem because… I got nothing here.

It was difficult to determine if he was Navy or Coast Guard because the impact of the fall rendered him naked, and they had to resort to his ID tags. Really??

The remaining crew and PAX were unaware and or unconcerned with the open hatch and associated noise?

I could see this happening in a PBY where there was that funky tunnel, to the wing where a guy could get lost, or one of those Martin flying boats which were designed to be large, and make children cry. God all mighty, but those had to be the ugliest aircraft the US ever produced. Part of the blame should go to the Navy. Every time the Air Force would approve a beautiful airframe, some squid would request some ‘piggyback’ modifications so it would make Medusa look like a prom queen. (PBM-5, A6-E, A-4, E-2, C-2A, P5M-2G, SP-2H, Shaved Chihuahua Nut Sack).

I fully realize that a ‘Shaved Chihuahua Nut Sack’ is not an aircraft in the Navy. But I felt I had to add something to that list of abominations, that wouldn’t be offensive, and have some chance of performing aerodynamically.

I guess if I had to pick a branch of the service which would consider using personnel for the purposes of tomato field bombardment, I would have to go with the Navy or Coast Guard. Now the story actually makes sense after thinking about it, and reading it on the DBC thread.

Thanks 377.

OK, so where does one start with this tale?

His name was Byrd and he fell out of an airplane? Really??

The tomato pickers thought it was a ‘mailbag’ being dropped from a mail plane, because that’s what mail planes do, they just heave those bags out the door when they get close enough. Really??

This was from a Grumman Goose which has the capacity for five PAX and they didn’t notice one missing? Really??

Not only didn’t they notice him missing, they didn’t notice him opening a hatch, to work on a failed antenna, which was diagnosed as the problem because… I got nothing here.

It was difficult to determine if he was Navy or Coast Guard because the impact of the fall rendered him naked, and they had to resort to his ID tags. Really??

The remaining crew and PAX were unaware and or unconcerned with the open hatch and associated noise?

I could see this happening in a PBY where there was that funky tunnel, to the wing where a guy could get lost, or one of those Martin flying boats which were designed to be large, and make children cry. God all mighty, but those had to be the ugliest aircraft the US ever produced. Part of the blame should go to the Navy. Every time the Air Force would approve a beautiful airframe, some squid would request some ‘piggyback’ modifications so it would make Medusa look like a prom queen. (PBM-5, A6-E, A-4, E-2, C-2A, P5M-2G, SP-2H, Shaved Chihuahua Nut Sack).

I fully realize that a ‘Shaved Chihuahua Nut Sack’ is not an aircraft in the Navy. But I felt I had to add something to that list of abominations, that wouldn’t be offensive, and have some chance of performing aerodynamically.

I guess if I had to pick a branch of the service which would consider using personnel for the purposes of tomato field bombardment, I would have to go with the Navy or Coast Guard. Now the story actually makes sense after thinking about it, and reading it on the DBC thread.

Thanks 377.

:):)

Jo wrote

I know the plane to car communication happened...I know the Caddy was set up that way.

You are wrong Jo and you are so stubborn. When you are so very sure about something that is wrong, it makes folks seriously doubt the accuracy of your other recollections.

You are claiming that Duane had a radio in the Caddy that could communicate with other CBers and also communicate with aircraft. That's just not feasible Jo. It's not something that a "CB man" could make or modify. It's akin to saying Duane made ice cubes in your toaster oven.

I heard that Plane communication. I don't know if they could hear him when he made some kind of reply. I do not remember what the communication said.

THAT I know as WELL as I am still alive today! Do NOT remember what was said.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

If I “knew” someone living was DB Cooper, I would throw down the money to have his DNA tested then quietly let the FBI have the results. But that’s just me, if I “knew” someone was a criminal. But that never happens on this thread (cough… oh mah gawd did I just type that?...cough) so that’s a bad example.

I wonder if anyone has an “I was robbed at gun/bomb point” story, and thinks the guy is a hero or cool. Hmmmm…. Don’t know, too complex to speculate.

I know this post was not directed at the likes of me, but it is a good point to re-interate what I have said before:

:)
:|What I did know about Duane's criminal past was no more than the Jefferson stay and all I knew was what he told me - in 1990 when he went on dialysis. I didn't check him out I just put faith into the 12 yrs we had spent together at time and continued on. 5 yrs later he dies and then 1yr and 2 months later I find out quiet by accident that Dan Cooper was the name used by D.B. Cooper.

:|Wish he had never told me what he told me and he had never shown me the things he did....but, it happened and nothing I can do will make it go away.

:|No 377, I am not being stubborn - and if there were no valid explanations for the FBI NOT revealing things they knew about Duane Weber and his AKA - it was a terrible miscarriage of their empowerment.

:|They treated his criminal record like some kind of big secret - why lie and - why not provide a widow with whatever proof they had that would prove her husband was not who he claimed. They didn't do that - because they couldn't.

The FBI could not rule Weber out and if they can do so now - they have NOT presented it to me. Where was Duane in Nov and Dec of 1971? To say he was with family - there WAS no proof because the person who told them that - denied he was with her in Dec and Nov of 1971.

Quiet the opposite of what the FBI supposedly claimed.

Quiet the opposite of what his step daughter told me.

I have no doubt that Cooper terrified some of his victims. A credible bomb threat is scary as hell, and the crew must have been wondering if he would jump and wipe out all the witnesses by arranging a post exit detonation.

It's just human nature to glorify low life thugs who pull off innovative crimes that didnt hurt or kill anyone. As time passes the fame and adoration increases and the disgust and disdain attenuates and almost disappears.

Stealing money and threatening to blow people up isnt heroic, not even slightly. Cooper was brave as hell but there is a difference between brave and heroic.

What Cooper did is deplorable for what-ever reason he did it be the bomb real or fake. Perhaps Cooper really thought he would die doing the Big One. The FBI basically from the description have declared the bomb was fake...and this does NOT seem to be debatable as far and the FBI is considered.

The briefcase if it had been released by any means - some of the remanents would have been found - nothing was ever found.

Bet Galen is getting ready to say that the briefcase and its contents went into the river and Cooper into Oregon. I think this is what all of this talk is leading up to.

Since Galen had access to Tosaw's record and his sister - did he ever ask the sister about John Weber (not Duane, but his brother) and a conversation the 2 of them had around 2003 or 2004. When John had his discussion with me in CA in 2004 he had spoke to Tosaw! But, the sister had her heart attack and John and I never got to have our private talk.

Happy Anniversary Everyone!

I was talking with Jo earlier in the evening and we chatted about the "Night before Thanksgiving..." and the subject of "Cooper numbers" came up and how they might have a little extra juice tonight that might work for a Lottery ticket.

I need six numbers, and have four:

1. 41, for the anniverary
2. 11, for November
3. 24, for the date
4. 18, for the seat number

So I need two more for Washington's Lotto. Any suggestions???? The winnings'll be 1.9 million, and I'll divvy up the loot acording to the numbers you give me. - a sixth, a third, etc.

-20, for the denomination of the bills?
- 1, for being a solo job?

Any way, join the DB Cooper Lotto Fun, and if you go on your own let me know what you play - it'll get you in Chapter 26, The Vortex. And it might make you some money, too!

Happy Anniversary Everyone!

I was talking with Jo earlier in the evening and we chatted about the "Night before Thanksgiving..." and the subject of "Cooper numbers" came up and how they might have a little extra juice tonight that might work for a Lottery ticket.

I need six numbers, and have four:

2. 11, for November
3. 24, for the date

So I need two more for Washington's Lotto. Any suggestions???? The winnings'll be 1.9 million, and I'll divvy up the loot acording to the numbers you give me. - a sixth, a third, etc.

-20, for the denomination of the bills?
- 1, for being a solo job?

Any way, join the DB Cooper Lotto Fun, and if you go on your own let me know what you play - it'll get you in Chapter 26, The Vortex. And it might make you some money, too!

7, 27

Though, technically..... the anniversary is not until the 24th, right? lol....doesn't really matter..I got married on the day after Thanksgiving which that year happened to fall on the 27th, but we always celebrated (yeah, right ;)) on the day after Thanksgiving, no matter the date. A lot easier to remember - if you're into remembering things like that :)

DZ participants: please hurry up and start talking about real technical, scientific aspects of the case. That's the only time Blevins shuts up -- all that technical stuff is way beyond him. He doesn't know how to even begin to repond to it (that's a good thing). It's the only time he's speechless. And when you can't talk, you can't put your foot in your mouth, which Blevins does pretty much every time he says anything. So, hurry, please. MeyerLouie

I have know Galen Cook for a long long time and have also been a victim of his using posters as schills. He sends it to the poster and wants them to pose the question and idea.

Cook has used this tactic on more posters than myself in the past and WHY I have made reference to Puppet Master in prior posts and I gave him that name yrs ago.

To hear Cook tell it - it was Porteous who gave him that name....dead wrong - I gave it to him right here in this thread.

Remember the sequence of things that happened in 2004 - Cook sent me a letter with a picture of some college guy claiming it was his suspect and that I had promised to reveal Tina's contact information in exchange. NOT SO. I still have Cook's letter and the emails that ensued after that....he was out for blood. He also has lots of emails I sent him...so we are even on that one.

He was really nasty to me in that phone call - he really lost his cool. Later he tried using the honey trick and a few yrs later he shows up in Tina's area and at her work place - and then Bruce goes. I was boiling. Bruce will tell you that I gave them both Hell.

The story Galen told me about that meeting is not at all like the one that has been ensued by Galen.. He told me he showed up at her place of work and pretended to be someone in need of help. He later tells me a different story - that he had an interview with her. NOT the first contact and I doubt he got a second contact. Sometimes I wish the crew would finally step forward and put an end to individuals who go out and harass them.

I was all over Bruce - I knew he was aggressive, but I felt that both he and Cook were out of place. Both of them Know how I stood on this, but I have NO ill feeling about it - I just wish I had never told Cook how to find the divorce files and that they would lead him to Tina. Oh by the WAY he did the HONEY thing about what a GOOD investigator I was!

377 - Tina's divorce records were right under your nose - you are an attorney, but you did NOT try to track her because like myself we believed she deserved her privacy.

Bruce has become a pretty good guy - after he dropped the agressive attitude. I knew in my heart there was something beneath the exterior image and his writing demeanor and I was right. Problem is - I think Galen is playing his same old sneaky snake again. He has never stopped! He just got sneakier.

Galen was never brave enough to post his own ideas in this thread and he used PUPPETS.

It is just too convenient about the young men who fished at the river to coincide with his Cooper on the aft stairs. This thread and any amount of logic will tell one there was NO way to see Cooper on a dark night on that aft stairs.

When I was talking to Cook yrs ago - I knew about the connection to Tosaw and that is no surprise - I just do NOT believe it was as intense as Cook is proclaiming in this thread through Bruce.

One has to look at the age difference between Cook and Tosaw! Repeatedly I have enquired about Tosaw's relationship to John (Duane's brother and his wife). This connection is there and Tosaw and John did talk prior to 2004 - exactly what the purpose of their last connection was I will never know. At the dinner table - John asked me if I knew Tosaw was more than an attorney and informed me Tosaw also did investigative work...we got the call his sister had a heart attack before we finished dinner. John and I never got to have that talk.

I do not wish to make anyone mad, but I am tired of some of you not taking stock of Cook and all of his false starts over these many yrs.

He goes on TV and suddenly Gossett becomes a suspect. Look at all of the media about that and now you never hear one word about it. Did Cook move on from Gossett and the other multiple suspects or has he finally settled on yet another suspect?

I think the promotion of this little chute thing is just Cook's way of saying the briefcase and its contents went into the river but that Cooper didn't exit the plane until Oregon and perhaps all the Way to Pyramid Lake. I did discuss this with Galen and in tthe thread.

Since Duane took me to Pyramid Lake and the only time in the trip he mentioned jumping - I told Cook about this and I have in the past mentioned it here, but I was never able to get a list of name of residents who lived there in 1971 - couldn't remember if Duane said a name but he did mention he was Indian.

I contacted Pyramid - but, never got anywhere. I would have had to make a trip there and I didn't have much to go on. Duane had told me about the open spaces and this desert like area that had rocks all over it. Basically all I remember besides his statement about know a man who live there and was a jumper.

This is NOTHING new to the guys in this thread - and my conversations about it are verifiable.

2. 11, for November
3. 24, for the date

Duane's birthday was June 18, 1924. The skyjacking was Nov 24th and this is the 41st anniversary.

I didn't think about the seat number being 18. In our local 250 million power ball tonight I played a sequence of numbers related to the crime...at least I thought the drawing was tonight as I never play the Power ball.

Tonight for some very strange reason - I put out 12 dollars on a Power Ball I have never played before (didn't know how to fill out the card). I normally only play $5 once a wk on Lotto. I have been playing the same numbers since 1988 on Lotto - should know by now they are not winners.

The Lotto changed after Duane died - from 5 numbers to 6 - so I had to make a new card.

Good Luck!

lol...so many Coopers...so little time.

looks like BruceSmith is off the hot seat with Jo and Blevins..... And Galen Cook is in the turkey fryer with both. Life in the fast lane.

As for smokin99 - I've baked three pies, made a broccoli salad, collard greens, got my dressing in the oven, turkey ready to go in the oven when I wake up, dirty martini by my side, thinking about a corn casserole/souffle, watching Gone with the Wind on Turner Classic Movies, sneaking a page or two of a Ken Follett novel that's resting on the arm of my chair, and Dropzone on the laptop. Am I multi-tasking or what?

Totally content - Happy Thanksgiving to all that partake. Ah hell - it won't hurt to count your blessings even if you don't. :)

eta: No matter what Paula Deen or others who are pooping in high cotton and living above their raising might tell you........we do not do stuffing in the south.
It's cornbread dressing and we don't ruin in by putting it inside a dead bird. Thanks for asking. ;):)

Jo, what year did John die?

Why in the world would you want to know when John died.
I met John, I have letters he wrote, I was in their home and I know when he died and when his wife died. I do not feel that this is information for public knowledge as they had family. This kind of thing I do in private.

Do you know how to spell PRIVATE EMAIL? I tried to find his employement records, but all that comes up is deceased. I do know how to use the SS site...and I have his letters to me and the pictures he sent me.

looks like BruceSmith is off the hot seat with Jo and Blevins..... And Galen Cook is in the turkey fryer with both. Life in the fast lane.

As for smokin99 - I've baked three pies, made a broccoli salad, collard greens, got my dressing in the oven, turkey ready to go in the oven when I wake up, dirty martini by my side, thinking about a corn casserole/souffle, watching Gone with the Wind on Turner Classic Movies, sneaking a page or two of a Ken Follett novel that's resting on the arm of my chair, and Dropzone on the laptop. Am I multi-tasking or what?

Totally content - Happy Thanksgiving to all that partake. Ah hell - it won't hurt to count your blessings even if you don't. :)

eta: No matter what Paula Deen or others who are pooping in high cotton and living above their raising might tell you.''..we do not do stuffing in the south.
It's cornbread dressing and we don't ruin in by putting it inside a dead bird. Thanks for asking. ;):)

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well 99, we get older as each year goes by, you never know what will happen (see photo) B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Bruce Smith says in part:

'In the meantime, it's me and Galen at Fishtale Pub in Oly-WA, swapping stories about Marla, Tina, Jo, and any other woman that catches our imagination...

Sigh...'

Bruce, I like you. At first I wasn't sure, like after you posted that interview with me here at DZ, without even having the courtesy to put it on your mag. That was not nice. For a while I even thought you were a nut, although I see now that is not the case.

But I do have a suggestion. How about stepping up to the frickin' plate with a little journalistic integrity? You post here for Galen Cook, you don't question his claims and ask for proof, or at least evidence. What is up with that? Why does Cook need you to post everything he wants to say at DZ and leave you to face the questions? Are you a shill?

True journalists never shill for anyone. Period. This is how they get to the truth, no matter what road they use to get to that truth. You must be impartial, you must not favor. You must avoid becoming a shill for someone in your reporting.

Otherwise, your credibility will suffer. I don't enjoy going public with this, because I do support your mag. Do what is right. Step up. Level the field and never be a shill.

Edit: It's a World War 2 USAAF pilot chute.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blevins, you might actually have a point, I was thinking the same thing myself. Why is Bruce being Cook's mouthpiece on the forum? It's strange -- what's the real motivation? MeyerLouie

eta: No matter what Paula Deen or others who are pooping in high cotton and living above their raising might tell you........we do not do stuffing in the south.

This is my first T-Day post-MI, that's myocardial infarction for the inititiated, and my kitchen plans this year call for making hummus from scratch, without Tahini, as it adds too much saturated fat and oils.

So, thanks to all for conjuring up old memories of cornbread, southern cookin' and such. Once Upon a Time when I worked in the horse racin' biz and traveled extensively in Dixie, I used to have a map that told me where all the good BBQ places were. I'd map my routes south outta NYC to those great eatin' spots. Loved that pulled pork and Carolina-style cole slaw, all washed down with Sweet Tea.

Sigh.

Wonder what Danny Boy ate 41 years ago?

Jo, what year did John die?

Why in the world would you want to know when John died.
I met John, I have letters he wrote, I was in their home and I know when he died and when his wife died. I do not feel that this is information for public knowledge as they had family. This kind of thing I do in private.

Do you know how to spell PRIVATE EMAIL? I tried to find his employement records, but all that comes up is deceased. I do know how to use the SS site...and I have his letters to me and the pictures he sent me.

a couple weeks ago you said you didn't even know his SS? and that you wouldn't know how to find these records? that's why I asked. a obituary has more info than SS.....
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI