47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo. you specifically asked for proof. dates, post numbers etc.
nothing is out of context Jo. you were asked a question, and you responded.

oh yes, the shift of blame comes into view. Jo, you could care less about what I am doing. stop diverting......

I'm not playing games with you Jo. I posted the facts. I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going post them one by one. it's pointless.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

"He wasn't banging underage boys"
that is a strong statement. where did Bruce say that?

I just wanted to make sure he understood that. I don't believe in beating around the bush. Unlike Bruce, I actually interviewed KC's friends, neighbors, and as I said, people who knew him for decades, some of whom actually lived with him. Kenny was gay, but he wasn't a pedophile. It's an insult to gay people, and an inaccurate assessment, to put it politely.

How is it an insult to 'gay people'? Isnt that being homophobic?

Why not flight attendants, paratroopers, crosscut saw users,
nail biters, and foot walkers and ear hearers?

:S

Why in the world would a man spend 18 yrs creating a fantasy when the woman he was telling these things to did not even connect it .

No way Weber even knew I was actually absorbing the thing he said and over a 18 yr period of time - give me a break. I didn't go out and take an innocent man and write a book about him like you did with KC.

Did you ever think that the FBI built a file only to discredit at the orders of the CIA or some other group. I had communications with 3 men who I cannot even talk about. I have vaguely mentioned 2 of the men, in context, but nothing specific to keep their identity silent. This ALL goes back to the 60's and things that have never been told. Because Weber use the system to beat the system - borrowing a similar phrase from SailShaw!

HAVE anyone of you thought about WHY the government is suddenly making some old stuff available, but still concealing things at the same time?

Duane SUDDENLY cleans his ACT up in the early 70's - think about WHY! No fantasty involved.

It's a tough sell. If all the things Jo says regarding those trips to the Northwest are true, I actually feel sorry for her. And if Weber wasn't the hijacker, if he were here now I would give him a piece of my mind for putting her through all of that.

The trip to the N.W. was real and so were all of the other things he told me. At least I gave it all I could to tell his story - but I cannot fight WASHINGTON and our secretive government who had done things that are NOW catching up with them. If anyone need to be exposed it is dirty government.
Chemical Weapons - well, if one has to destroy theirs - all chemical weapons need to be destroyed.

I think the problem with this is they created them and now do not know how to destroy them and do NO HARM.

Duane Weber had the proof and I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Even Mr. H was instrumental in my not being about retrive some evidence. That first yr was the most important yr and I should have gone PUBLIC right then and there....but, I chose to wait and be sure. Now it has been 18 fricking yrs.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

"He wasn't banging underage boys"
that is a strong statement. where did Bruce say that?

I just wanted to make sure he understood that. I don't believe in beating around the bush. Unlike Bruce, I actually interviewed KC's friends, neighbors, and as I said, people who knew him for decades, some of whom actually lived with him. Kenny was gay, but he wasn't a pedophile. It's an insult to gay people, and an inaccurate assessment, to put it politely.

that's all fine and dandy Robert. if there is reason to show it as proof. it's no different than accusing them of a Federal crime. that's not polite either. he never said he was a pedophile. you are putting words in his mouth. just as you are claiming KC could be Cooper. gay people can't be pedophiles? I don't follow your logic on labeling people. Ted Bundy was a nice guy. did you know that. lots of people claim they know the guy next door. then they find out something different. people give song and dances all day long.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

Jo. you specifically asked for proof. dates, post numbers etc.
nothing is out of context Jo. you were asked a question, and you responded.

oh yes, the shift of blame comes into view. Jo, you could care less about what I am doing. stop diverting......

I'm not playing games with you Jo. I posted the facts. I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going post them one by one. it's pointless.

Hey! You quoted the posts, but didn't give the post number - you know I do not do searches. I cannot explain why I state something in a post if I do not know the discussion going on previously. You haven't been doing this for 7 yrs and then many more yrs prior to that - a total of 18 yrs. You are so smart - what was the problem with giving me the post number?

'1. I have never seen Kenny Christiansen's death certificate, nor do I know exactly how he died other than the general sense that he had cancer, as has been stated in many places. I have never written anything to suggest that I know any more than that.'

Robert says: Georger has said otherwise. He says he got this from you. (*surprise*)

Georger replies - - -

I said no such thing. I said Bruice Smith was the "originator"
of the kaposi claim. It turns out to have been a speculation
more than a claim. But Bruce was the source. I never said I got
anything from Bruce Smith! Bruce has been on vacation for
weeks!

Blevins you just imagined I said I got it from Bruce ...

I said Bruce was the origin of the kaposi claim ... which is true.

As a matter of fact we still do not know that its not true!

"Why in the world would a man spend 18 yrs creating a fantasy"

it's not the point of him spending 18 years on it Jo. you have clearly said in the past that Duane was aware of DB Cooper. he showed you McCoy's house. he claimed at one point he could be the "man on the ground" that statement alone tells me he was stretching the truth. zero evidence proving Cooper had an accomplice. how do you know his buddies in prison didn't tell him some Cooper stories leading him on a wild goose chase across Washington? can you prove that never happened. would you like it if I kept saying this without any proof?

you need to go public, get Flo and the remaining living passengers to hear your story. see all the photo's. leave nothing out that you can use for ammo after the fireworks. it's not going to convince anyone here. that is the end of the story Jo......

Jo, the whole post is on the pics. dates, time and post numbers??? what don't you see.....

Supposedly I am susposed to be able to find your post and know what was said before and after and give an answer. You know I do not know how to do this.

Supposedly the date was Sept 3, 2009 and it was your post 6413 per what Shutter stated. Can you help me find the post in the thread so that I can read the befores and afters.

This is all I have asked of Shutter, but he is being arrogant and I am very very tired. They have to realize with in is 12 midnight in Ca or WA it is 2 AM in the morning here. My body cannot handle much more of this. I need to put my efforts into survival mode and that means getting some decent sleep.

Jo, I'm not being arrogant. you asked me for the post numbers etc. I simply told you they were on the pics.

here is the jump to 377's post.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3664551;search_string=put%20duane%20on%20tena%20bar;#3664551

Jo wrote

Did you ever think that the FBI built a file only to discredit at the orders of the CIA or some other group

Nope. I would bet that it never happened.

Norjack wasn't about spying, espionage etc. It was just a clever money crime. Not CIA stuff.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

mrshutter45

"Why in the world would a man spend 18 yrs creating a fantasy"

it's not the point of him spending 18 years on it Jo. you have clearly said in the past that Duane was aware of DB Cooper. he showed you McCoy's house. he claimed at one point he could be the "man on the ground" that statement alone tells me he was stretching the truth. zero evidence proving Cooper had an accomplice. how do you know his buddies in prison didn't tell him some Cooper stories leading him on a wild goose chase across Washington? can you prove that never happened. would you like it if I kept saying this without any proof?

you need to go public, get Flo and the remaining living passengers to hear your story. see all the photo's. leave nothing out that you can use for ammo after the fireworks. it's not going to convince anyone here. that is the end of the story Jo......

Jo, the whole post is on the pics. dates, time and post numbers??? what don't you see.....

I do NOT know how to go back in the thread and go to a specific post and then - search backward of that and then forward. Only then can I give an answer....and I post from that point in time and in the thread.

If I cannot make you understand this how can I make anyone understand where I am.

I spent a lot of money putting together a book for Florence and mailed it to her, with return postage in it. She never acknowledged in and I was told her companion (do not know if it was husband or boyfriend) is very protective of her. I do not even know if she ever received it. I would like to have had it back because I put a lot of TIME and MONEY into it not to mention a total of almost $40 in postage.

I mailed it and enclosed the return packing with postage on it. If they didn't want to see it they could have least put in in the other packing and have dropped it in the losest mail box.

Since I do NOT interview well and do not have a lot of stamina. I do want and desperately need to meet with them, but NOT publically. I would like to meet with the 3 stewardesses and the co-pilot and with the young witness I talked to - Mitchell. I did not get the better pictures of Duane until after I had contacted him and then I lost him. I believe if he could have seen the Jefferson mug shot and some of the other photos it would have helped. I do not even know if the Jefferson has ever been presented to Tina, Alice, Florence and Mitchel with explanations of the hair cut and the dental work. It does make a difference.

Frankly I could NOT identify a couple of my own classmates on our 25 th reunion and then our 45 th - so how can I or anyone else expect theses individual to remember a man they saw one time in 1971.

I want to make those books public and the names in them...see if any of them are alive. AWARE had contract with Area 51 and other installations all across the country.

Who is the girl in the book and how are these to books connected and why did Duane covet them. The common denominator was Joan Garrity who supposedly lived in St.Helens, OR per the address provide in one of the books.

The common denominator is that one contributor - and the one remaining woman alive for the big one is also ill but very keen of mind. The little book came from the area Tina lived in - and thought that was the connection. The little girl could be any little girl about 8 yrs old in a private school.
A plaid skirt with a white top.

Strange that Tina lived in Gresham and Duane mention he knew a woman in Gresham who worked for a retirement home. I would not put this one together until I found Tina lived in Gresham at the time of the money find.

Was Florence flying out of Denver in 1978 and 1979 and early 1980.
We flew to a Atlanta for a wedding and Duane was skiddish about one of the stewardess. Claimed he didn't want her to see him because she was an old girlfriend. She seemed to young for Duane and I think it was Florence. When we exited the plane he made sure she did not see him - put his case on his shoulder. I did not see her as we exited in Atlanta so she may ave got off at the stop over to Atlanta....I forget where the plane stopped, but there was one stop...they could have changed stewardesses at that time.

Too much over a 17 yr marriage for me to ignore and then top it off with the confession...I did NOT connect dot that did not connect.
I do NOT do well in a room full of people nor to I interview well - I ramble and jump all over the place just like I do in the thread....why after my attempt to do interviews I just gave up....no one can follow me or keep up with my mind and my mind is jumping all over the place. I think everyone knows the the things I do and so then it end up with no one knowing a damn things and lots of it being wrong.

YOU have to remember I ACTUALLY held the DAMN ticket in my hands and that stub I do not know the meaning of. If I had NOT seen the ticket - I could have walked away, but one cannot walk away when you know you held a piece of evidence in your hands.

HAD I never have seen that old ticket - I would not be fighting this battle to day. The history of Weber, the Ticket, the stub and his confession - not to mention the other things he made mention of over the 17 yr marriage. Then the thing the ex-wife and the step daughter told me. Max telling me that Duane's ex and Clara were one and the same - but he like myself had his own battle to fight and he lost. He left me with what he had to offer and for that I am grateful - he walked me thru his book because even he wanted vindication - it was the one thing in his life that was not complete.

Jo wrote

Did you ever think that the FBI built a file only to discredit at the orders of the CIA or some other group

Norjack wasn't about spying, espionage etc. It was just a clever money crime. Not CIA stuff.

That is NOT what I meant. I am not saying that it was CIA stuff, but I think it became known that the man who commited the crime had some knowledge obtained throught CIA or some covert action...soldier of fortune. The wife of the times and per things Duane said - without claiming involvement - indicated they were involved in a group - a group that was under the table. I was told the guys made some big money for the event - enough to give them a new start.....I have nothing on this other than a story told to me by the ex and it jived with something Duane had said - but he did NOT indicate he was involved. She did.

The story she told about she and Duane attending an Affair in WA - and her sister helping her to make the dress she wore and borrowing mink and Duane telling me also about going to WA to be a part of this convention. Problem was he was supposed to still be in prison in Jefferson when this went down - not sure I had all the dates correct.
I still will never figure that one out.

His story and her story matched and Duane had no idea I would ever talked to his ex after he died. It was little things like this that put the idea in my head about SECRETS. He told me about doing something that gave him a lump sum of money when the job was complete (they went to KS to start over) - HELL maybe if was a ART Heist!...but other thing he said at other times - indicated something else. Hell, it could have been he was helping bring drugs in with planes - maybe that is what it was....I will asure of one thing for certain - Duane WEBER WAS connected to Paperlegs (Richard Petersen of Intermountain Communications) and they knew his wife Jane. Duane was John Dusty Collins at that time and the wife may have been using the name of Marie

Jo,

Put Duane at Tena Bar before the money find and I'll pay attention. A nebulous stealthy meeting with unknown people at the Fontaine Blue Bar proves nothing with respect to Norjack.

Better yet, put Duane in a chute. You said you could.
You said you had proof he was Cooper. Stop teasing and show it, or admit you mislead us.

Finally someone puts this so I can address what was going on - Like I am supposed to remember all of the conversations we have had.

Putting Duane on Tena's bar before the find - ALL you have is MY word for what ever that is worth. I was with him at Tena's bar and I have recounted this multiple times. There was no one else there - just me in the car he goes down to the Beach. At one time he disappears behind the house.

He was wearing his Blue windbreaker. When he gets back to the car I got out and stretched and that is when he told a little about the area. Knowing a man who lived on the OR side and he told me you used to be able to put a nickle in the box to use the beach. He did NOT mention knowing the Fazio's but he knew the place. Actually he said little to nothing about the place other than that. It has been so many yrs that now things run into each other and hard to remember what was said where. We didn't linger and a stretch was about all I got. When he got into the car he took a paper bag from his side and put it on the floor board. When I asked what it was - he told me just some trash he was going to get rid of on the next stop....which was the Red Lion.

The bag was REAL close to him and not just laying in the floorboard.

When we get to the RED LION he sends me to the machine and the ladies room and told me he would be around back. When I get there he is out on the piling watching the water and I asked what he was doing - and he said "Just Watching that Bag floating down the river. I couldn't see it but I didn't look for it until I admonished him for throwing TRASH in the river. BE ASSURE there was something in that BAG he did not want me to see!

I even thought he was pulling my leg and looked in the trash barrels, but all of them were empty and I then said "YOU REALLY did throw that BAG in the RIVER". Actually I was miffed...I hate litter bugs. I do not remember if he said anything else - and it is feasible the money found at Tena's bar did come from that bag, but I believe them to be two separate deposits. I wonder what happened to the bag he tossed at the Red Lion and where it would have ended up?

On would think it woud have sank - but, he watched it until he couldn't see it. He was far sighted and I am near sighted and didn't wear my glass all the time back then.

If this is not satisfactory - nothing else I can offer you. Too bad there were NOT cameras everywhere back then - and this would be over.

mrshutter45

I am simple Simon on the computer.
The only thing I could do was scroll back trying to get to the page, but with all of the pages - it was impossible.

Yes, I could read the post you had a pic of - but I need to be able to use the post to hit reply. It would not do a copy and post and I wanted to be sure you and others understood what I was replying to. Also without being able to past to the post - I was not able to get the "BRAIN TRAIN" going.

REALLY I AM SIMPLE SIMON WITH A COMPUTER. I JUST USE THE THREAD LIKE AN EMAIL ----. I DO simple searches and know how to save my emails in categories and by name, but then I never know where they are.
Therefore I used to PRINT them, but that got WAY to expensive and WAY to slow.

I keep wanting to figure out a way to down load the thread to a disk - but there aint now way...now I just go with the Flow! Whatever will be will be!

Jo wrote

It was about FAA stuff as directed by Nixon on down, including orders through Hoover putting an FBI Agent in charge of the Project. Originally conceived by pilots for a different purpose, it was authorized to give credibility to a congressional vote on airline regulations. Failing that, it became justification for an Executive Order that bypassed an unpopular pending bill. And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what Project Norjak really was all about. Your National Government throwing spit-balls, sliders and curves in a game of hardball.

I keep wanting to figure out a way to down load the thread to a disk - but there aint now way...now I just go with the Flow! Whatever will be will be!

Copy and paste, Jo. Copy and paste. Takes time, but it works. I keep all my records that way. You can too, or you can order someone to do it for you, like Georger. He hasn't been given any orders lately. I'm sure he'd love something to do for you. (;J)

Robert, that doesn't really make any sense. if you post something and later someone "alters" the document. you have the original copy to prove it was manipulated. someone could easily "alter" any given number of pictures of Kenny. a mole, scar, skin tone etc.

from what is on the document seems to point to him finishing parachute training. nothing about being with a company, but, that is all that's needed to prove he had knowledge of chutes. as I mentioned before. this is good for everyone. you already said you are putting the document in your future book. this could have been achieved 20 posts ago at the cost of cost $0 vs the constant complaining of $70.

once again. the 900 comments seems to be a personal issue. I have seen the comments. I don't really care who made them. it was one of the things I seen when I first came into this at Dropzone and doing searches. other than you, who really cares??

skyjack71

I am simple Simon on the computer.
The only thing I could do was scroll back trying to get to the page, but with all of the pages - it was impossible.

Yes, I could read the post you had a pic of - but I need to be able to use the post to hit reply. It would not do a copy and post and I wanted to be sure you and others understood what I was replying to. Also without being able to past to the post - I was not able to get the "BRAIN TRAIN" going.

REALLY I AM SIMPLE SIMON WITH A COMPUTER. I JUST USE THE THREAD LIKE AN EMAIL ----. I DO simple searches and know how to save my emails in categories and by name, but then I never know where they are.
Therefore I used to PRINT them, but that got WAY to expensive and WAY to slow.

Jo, I don't know what to tell you. I put the full post with the date, time and post number. I then posted one of the links directing you to 377's comment. get with the program and get actual internet service. since you obviously have a land line. you can get the ultra DSL package. this way you can cancel your phone service and get Magic Jack for a phone line at the cost of about $30 a year. it works great.

RobertMBlevins

Kenny's DD-214 has reached me. No, I'm not posting up an image. Truth is, after Wordpress, CNN, BS allegations on AIDS, Kaposi's, and the tracing of IP's to more than 900 filthy comments on those outside Cooper articles, trust is a hard thing to come by these days. I wouldn't put it past some folks to try and Photoshop the thing. So it remains in print in our files only. I'll give you some of the entries, though. No worries. It will be a full page in Cooperland as an image.

Enlisted Record and Report of Separation
Kenneth P Christiansen
R-3 Morris Minn
17 OCT 26
Date of Enlistment 25 May 44
Date of Entry into Active Service 18 Dec 44
17 141 033
T/5
Entry: Ft. Leavenworth
Service Outside Continental US and Return
Departure date: 15 Aug 45
Destination: APTO
Date of Arrival: 7 Sept 45
Date of Departure: 13 Sep 46
Destination: USA
Date of Arrival: 26 Sep 46
Parachutist's Badge
MKM M-1 rifle
Asiatic Pacific Theater Ribbon
Victory Medal
Good Conduct Medal
Army of Occupation Medal Japan
Reason for Separation: CONVN OF GOVTAR 615-365 RR1-1 DEMB 15 DEC 44 TWX WCL 23610 29JUN46
Lapel Button Issued
Two Overseas Bars

Blah..blah...blah. There's more. Signed by R.L. Stewart WOJG.

Kenny's last paycheck for was $300 it says, plus travel. Came to $373 and was authorized by one First Lt JB Nicholson (FD). Also signed.

They shipped Kenny back from Japan to Ft. Sheridan, Illinois for separation. I fully understand some of you won't be satisfied with this explanation. This bothers me not at all. I have a trust issue going lately. You can understand why. My new policy is not to post anything official at Dropzone. But my email is public knowledge if you have questions.

Of course, you will have to be a real person to get a response from that. ;)

And if you are a San Francisco 49'rs fan today, I would be afraid. Be VERY afraid. (*laughs*)

Now that we have established that Kenny was in the military
and had parachute training, can we establish WHO at Morris,
MN Lyle and his son are promoting to be the next Marilyn
Monroe in Hollywood! ? In addition to Kenny being D.B. Cooper ?

Im fascinated by the growing list of folks who say KC was DB
Cooper. Let's see. There's Lyle, his son, you, Cop23XX in
Vancouver (who also has a conspiracy theory about the FBI).
Will the new Marilyn Monroe be added to the list - when she
gets her first part, In Hollywood.

Take some advice! Forget Hollywood. Think Bollywood! Cows
are sacred there. Jing Jing a Jinga-Ling.

Mr. Blevins does not trust people here, he says. He does not
trust the FBI to not come barging into his shop at AB Books. He
mixes this in with hundreds if not thousands of anti-Blevins nasty
Spamalot posts ridiculing Mr. Blevins at other websites. He says
these posts come co-terminous ... between Dropzone and
elsewhere. He says "if I post here, nasty posts immediately
occur elsewhere". And we should take this seriously here and
"be responsible" and chase our names around the internet if
being used against Mr. Blevins, whether it is us or not!

Ridicule seems to be the common denominator. If Blevins ridicules
something here, ridicule appears elsewhere against Mr Blevins,
like some immutable law of Physics!

For these complicated reasons Mr Blevins cannot post a photo
of KC's military record ... he has just this minute received.

Like the Palmer report he just this minute received, once, from
someone "in the Palmer family".

Like KC was just this minute, DB Cooper.

Like just this minute there is a brand new Marilyn Monroe in
Morris MN that needs your help becoming a star!

Like just this minute her double is also appearing in Dehli, India!

Is it par' simony? Or par sim' ony ? An 80 year old guy we
should not be speakking badly of in Blevins' regard, might know.

RobertMBlevins

Robert says: Maybe you shouldn't feed others your speculations when you lack proof of same. Then these problems would not happen. FYI: Kenny wasn't HIV positive at the time of his death, nor did he die of any AIDS-related disease.

Blevins, You addressed the above comments to Bruce Smith. You berate Bruce for not providing "proof" about some of his comments and you have threatened him with legal action if he didn't make some changes to his book.

So, just for the hell of it, where is your proof that KC was NOT HIV positive? Just list the original sources for your allegations.

Now an "Economics" question. What is the cash value of your KC book and the related media rights of a gay KC story, versus the cash value of your KC book and the related media rights of a gay KC who also messed around with young boys story? Is there a difference in those values?

Do you have "proof" that your belated efforts to polish KC's reputation is not just an effort to protect your own financial interests in your KC book and its media rights? Just follow the money.

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

Enlisted Record and Report of Separation
Kenneth P Christiansen
R-3 Morris Minn
17 OCT 26
Date of Enlistment 25 May 44
Date of Entry into Active Service 18 Dec 44
17 141 033
T/5
Entry: Ft. Leavenworth
Service Outside Continental US and Return
Departure date: 15 Aug 45
Destination: APTO
Date of Arrival: 7 Sept 45
Date of Departure: 13 Sep 46
Destination: USA
Date of Arrival: 26 Sep 46
Parachutist's Badge
MKM M-1 rifle
Asiatic Pacific Theater Ribbon
Victory Medal
Good Conduct Medal
Army of Occupation Medal Japan
Reason for Separation: CONVN OF GOVTAR 615-365 RR1-1 DEMB 15 DEC 44 TWX WCL 23610 29JUN46
Lapel Button Issued
Two Overseas Bars

Blah..blah...blah. There's more. Signed by R.L. Stewart WOJG.

Kenny's last paycheck for was $300 it says, plus travel. Came to $373 and was authorized by one First Lt JB Nicholson (FD). Also signed.

They shipped Kenny back from Japan to Ft. Sheridan, Illinois for separation.

Following is a preliminary explanation of the information Blevins has posted as being in KC DD214.

KC was born in Morris, MN or enlisted while living there, maybe both. He was born 17 Oct 26, enlisted 25 May 44, entered on active duty on 18 Dec 44. His Army serial number was 17 141 033 and appears to be a Regular Army serial number. From this, it appears that KC joined the Army in May 44 with a delayed entry for active duty. He was 17 years old at the time he joined and went on active duty after his 18th birthday. One of the advantages of early enlistment is that you are no longer subject to the draft. So about the day he graduated from High School (and probably became eligible for the draft the same day) he joined the Army with a delayed entry onto active duty.

KC departed from the Continental US on 15 Aug 45, about a week after the second Atomic Bomb had been dropped, and arrived in the APTO (probably Asiatic Pacific Theater of Operations) on 7 Sep 45. This does not necessarily mean that KC arrived in Japan on that date. However, at some point KC did make it to Japan. The surrender documents ending WW2 with Japan had been signed on 2 Sep 45 onboard the battleship Missouri which was anchored in Tokyo Bay.

On 13 Sep 46 KC headed back to the US and arrived on 26 Sep 46. This last date is probably the date of his arrival on the west coast. No date is given for KC leaving the Army.

During his Army service, KC earned the Parachutist's Badge and qualified as a marksman with the M-1 rifle. He received several medals and ribbons including the Good Conduct Medal. As a minimum, this means he stayed out of trouble and/or was discreet.

KC was discharged for the Convenience of the Government under AR 615-365. The information following the AR number is probably supplemental information for implementing the AR. Basically, it appears that KC was discharged as a part of the postwar downsizing of the Army and that he was not interested in making the Army a career.

The $300 listed was a mustering out payment and not part of his regular pay. The $73 would be to cover travel expenses back to his enlistment point (Morris, MN?) from wherever he was discharged (Fort Sheridan, IL?).

The "T/5" means that KC was in a technical field but that field is not mentioned. The exact meaning of the "5" is not clear but should not be automatically assumed to be equivalent to E-5 as used in the modern army.

Robert99

dingledik

Guys, my theory is not new but I really think he landed in the Columbia river. But what happened to the parachute?

if you are saying it was a no pull. it's would be attached to him for a period of time I would say? if he landed in the river...where is the body?

welcome to the form......

RobertMBlevins

******Guys, my theory is not new but I really think he landed in the Columbia river. But what happened to the parachute?

if you are saying it was a no pull. it's would be attached to him for a period of time I would say? if he landed in the river...where is the body?

Yes, welcome. River landing? Maybe. One point I've brought up about it is if you calculate the total amount of possible water landing against landing on ground, the chances are far greater he came to the ground. There's just a lot more dirt and rock between Seattle and Portland than lakes and rivers. It's strictly an 'odds' thing, and completely non-scientific. :)

that only works if you go by the original jump zone.

if you take the flight path for what it is, and then take the testimony from Rataczak stating that the pressure bump (not oscillation) was felt 10-15 minutes past the 8:05 point. the odds increase dramatically of hitting water if you are around the 8:16 mark. then you have to wonder if the timing is correct. did he pull the chute, not pull the chute. round and round it goes.

mrshutter45

*********Guys, my theory is not new but I really think he landed in the Columbia river. But what happened to the parachute?

Yes, welcome. River landing? Maybe. One point I've brought up about it is if you calculate the total amount of possible water landing against landing on ground, the chances are far greater he came to the ground. There's just a lot more dirt and rock between Seattle and Portland than lakes and rivers. It's strictly an 'odds' thing, and completely non-scientific. :)

that only works if you go by the original jump zone.

if you take the flight path for what it is, and then take the testimony from Rataczak stating that the pressure bump (not oscillation) was felt 10-15 minutes past the 8:05 point. the odds increase dramatically of hitting water if you are around the 8:16 mark. then you have to wonder if the timing is correct. did he pull the chute, not pull the chute. round and round it goes.

Dingledik, Feel free to completely ignore Blevins and don't, under any circumstances, buy a book from him. Jo Weber and Bob Knoss are the other two "cases" on this thread.

Shutter is correct that there is a lot more water near the supposed aircraft location at the time of the jump than the average between Portland and Seattle.

The money found at Tena Bar and the placard from the aft stairs that was found further north, are the only two pieces of physical evidence indicating the actual flight path of the airliner. Blevins, for instance, tends to dismiss the Tena Bar money as not an indication of the actual flight path since it does not fit into his theory that the flight path was further east.

So read the posts, but draw your own conclusions. And ideally, your conclusions should be based on facts and not on the speculations of anyone else, including me.

Read and beware at your own risk!

Robert99