47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Greetings All,

Well, Sailshaw got right to the heart of the matter and asked me what is remote viewing. Here's my answer.

Also, 377, on behalf of the Lords of Karma, I forgive you for turning your back on the Siren. All is forgiven; please return!

Along those lines, I don't think anything can be too "sciency." In fact, I truly beleive that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. That goes Big Time with remote viewing.

Here's my response to Sailshaw:

What is remote viewing?

Great question, Bob. I will be addressing it in depeth in the near future and it will require a bit of background science to discuss the findings of researchers. In particular, we will have to explore the wacky data and speculations coming from quantum physics and the New Physics, which is the study of how thought, emotions and expectations affect physical reality.

This is mind-over-matter territory, but the issue can be simply reframed as saying, "How does prayer work?" If you just say, "Well God did it," well, then what kind of methodology or scientific principles did God use? Is God consistent when he/she acts, well, Godly?

But in the short term, let's say just that Remote Viewing is commonly thought of as “being psychic." The nitty gritty is, though, what does that mean? What is psychic? How does one become psychic? Can one refine psychic experiences so that they become more reliable? Can you fine-tune your psychic abilities to win the lottery?

The quick answer is yes. The tougher question is how to do it, and to what degree are people successful at honing their psychic abilities. Where are all those lotto winners!

As a foundation for the discussion, we'll have to explore ideas like quantum entanglement and non-locality. These are concepts that suggest that physical reality is more inter-connected than first appears. These findings suggest that all of life exists within a vast field. Some call this the Zero Point Energy Field, and Lynne McTaggart has written a great book on the subject, called, "The Field."

So, if all of reality is contained within a field, can we explore that field and either know or influence events at other parts of the field? If so, then we have a scientific explanation for how psychic phenomena actually occur.

Hence, if you can have some kind of contact or influence throughout the field, then one might know about events and people that have existed in that field. Time and space seem to become less relevant at this point, so knowing the truth of the DB Cooper case may be as simple as walking into the Library of Quantum Entanglement, finding the case, and knowing the who, what and why of DB Cooper.

To access that "Library" I utilize meditative, self-hypnotic practices that I learned at the Ramtha School, and I have many pages of notes about my experiences in those trances. I've also enlisted the help of a fellow researcher, a hypo-therapist named Gloria Peach, who happens to advertise on the Mountain News, and is also a student of Ramtha.

Now Clyde Lewis is joining us. There is a sizeable stable of remote viewers in the world, most notably those individuals that worked as military remote viewers in the Stargate program - at Fort Meade, I believe in Maryland. David Morehouse is perhaps the most famous of them as the author of "Psychic Warrior," and there are others, such as Joe McMoneagle, who has also written a book or two.

Folks at the Monroe Institute in Nellysford, VA are also involved in this stuff, and that may be another source of investigation. We shall see.

Exciting times, eh?

What irks me is that the US Govt spent at least 20 million and probably much more on remote viewing evaluation.

Seems to me that Snowmman, Georger or Farflung could have designed and run a definitive test for a tiny fraction of that price.

I hope the FBI didnt hire any psychics to work on the Norjack case.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

What irks me is that the US Govt spent at least 20 million and probably much more on remote viewing evaluation.

Seems to me that Snowmman, Georger or Farflung could have designed and run a definitive test for a tiny fraction of that price.

I hope the FBI didnt hire any psychics to work on the Norjack case.

Your cynicism runs deep, Three-Seven, Seven. I'm holding the line with the Lords of Karma on your behalf, but they're getting pushy, too!

Twenty mill? Sounds like you've got some detailed information about the gov't's remote viewing programs. Please share!

Bruce,

I see McTaggart's "field theory" as a construct to explain coincidences as something far more profound.

If psychics could predict stock prices, or even material economic events, they could become instantly wealthy by making highly leveraged bets on derivatives. Show me just ONE who has done this and whose trade records are completely disclosed.

People get anxious not knowing what's coming, so they invent ways to comfort themselves by believing they can see future events before they occur. There is also hindsight distortion, where something happens and the person it happens to believes they predicted it beforehand when that premonition didnt really happen.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Bruce Smith wrote:

Twenty mill? Sounds like you've got some detailed information about the gov't's remote viewing programs. Please share!

6 million annually: http://www.nytimes.com/1984/01/10/science/pentagon-is-said-to-focus-on-esp-for-wartime-use.html?pagewanted=all

20 million over 20+ years: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1727/did-the-u-s-government-fund-psychic-research

Those numbers are estimates, but a LOT was spent.

Powerball is 425 million in Florida!!!

And regardless of what you believe in the physic sense, the odds of winning are still exactly the same.

A few days ago, Jo Weber wrote about her 2010 trip to the northwest and her refusal to allow Sluggo to accompany her. She wrote that Sluggo had an aura of "negativity" about him in the sense that he was not a True Believer that Duane was Cooper. So Sluggo stayed home.

Perhaps Jo is ahead of her time with physic phenomena, as just explained by Bruce, but she should start relying more on solid science if she wants to make any progress, one way or the other, in determining if Duane was Cooper.

But all advice to Jo is a waste of time since she already "knows" that Duane was Cooper.

Robert99

She wrote that Sluggo had an aura of "negativity" about him

I talked with Sluggo at length and I sure wouldnt describe him as having an aura of negativity. He seemed to me to have a positive outlook.

Has anyone heard from him recently? I do worry about him. He seems to have disappeared.

And regardless of what you believe in the physic sense, the odds of winning are still exactly the same.

A few days ago, Jo Weber wrote about her 2010 trip to the northwest and her refusal to allow Sluggo to accompany her. She wrote that Sluggo had an aura of "negativity" about him in the sense that he was not a True Believer that Duane was Cooper. So Sluggo stayed home.

Perhaps Jo is ahead of her time with physic phenomena, as just explained by Bruce, but she should start relying more on solid science if she wants to make any progress, one way or the other, in determining if Duane was Cooper.

But all advice to Jo is a waste of time since she already "knows" that Duane was Cooper.

Robert99

I agree, I use to work in a bar years ago, people would ask how much the lottery was that week and then say, no thanks, I'll wait till it gets higher? makes no difference 1 million or 500 million, still takes 6 correct numbers B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Here ya go Bob, if you're stating your story is fact.

Call this number (931) 552-1018

Tell it to these guys, on record, subject to perjury and civil suit, of course. If any part of your story is false, you won't be able to call this number. If it is all true, they are the ones who can get you "Whistle Blower" Status and Protection.

So this is your last chance. Call the number, go on record and place all your cards on the table, or leave the thread and all of the "Cooper" followers, investigators, theorists, and fans of the story alone.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

"Here ya go Bob, if your stating your story is fact.

Call this number (931) 552-1018 "

I'm sure all you will get from Bob is a bunch of garble about covering up and he will sidetrack with some long version of
how stupid WE look? B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Bruce,

I see McTaggart's "field theory" as a construct to explain coincidences as something far more profound.

If psychics could predict stock prices, or even material economic events, they could become instantly wealthy by making highly leveraged bets on derivatives. Show me just ONE who has done this and whose trade records are completely disclosed.

People get anxious not knowing what's coming, so they invent ways to comfort themselves by believing they can see future events before they occur. There is also hindsight distortion, where something happens and the person it happens to believes they predicted it beforehand when that premonition didnt really happen.

I agree with what you say, 377, in general. Remote viewing accurately is tough work, and few do it well, as far as I can tell. Yup, where are the lottery winners or Wall Street mavens who make millions before their second cup o' coffee?

Doesn't mean we should stop trying. Seems like a good use of one's time. What's the alternative? Sit in the mud and wait for my next social security check and dream of Christie?

Have you read The Field? It is substantive and well-written. I highly recommend it. An alternative is to buy me a bottle of Cabernet and I'll give you a synopsis.

I have a couple chapters written on the science of consiousnes, non-locality, etc. I've gotta bang them into shape and post them.

Sigh. There's a part of me that is very content to sit in the mud and muse about women....

Just think - maybe your smirky cynicism will inspire me to jump outta bed at the crack of dawn and start writing. Well, maybe not the crack, but maybe 10 am.....

I remember reading how last year was the centennial of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire, and how it was the touch point for so many safety regulations. Just like those in aviation, most are genuinely written in blood, and lots of the stuff.

After being all full of myself at actually remembering such a distant piece of historical trivia, I went back to worrying about me. And how great I am. And how great I will always be. Then I needed a nap.

So now I’m reading about the same sickening event taking place in Bangladesh where there wasn’t adequate fire suppression, in an environment nearly identical to the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory. What could go wrong here?

At least we wouldn’t have to worry about that since we have all those safety regulations regarding exit doors being unlocked and swinging out, along with extinguishers and fire hoses placed so frequently we don’t even notice them. Plus the old Triangle factory building doesn’t have any clothes being made there, because we have chosen to export our labor, but keep our safety regulations right at home. Because it makes us feel good to establish safety regulation that are too costly to follow here. We’ve come a long way baby! God, I love me.

Next I find an image of the Triangle Shirtwaist building and noticed a woman standing outside and wondered where her blouse was manufactured. Hmmmm….. wouldn’t it be ironic if she was standing outside the Triangle Shirtwaist building and wearing a garment from that Bangladesh factory? But then I thought, hey, what about me? What does this have to do with me? Then I took another nap.

Has anyone heard from him recently? I do worry about him. He seems to have disappeared.

No. I sent him an email just checking on him but no response. His awesome Cooper website is still up and running.

Unless someone else is using his username and profile, he last visited a website involving another hobby of his in August, 2012, so a good chance that all is well and he just "droppedzone". I enjoyed his contributions - maybe he'll show again one day.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN9nIMgdpuw

This video shows Courtney Brown, the video above mentions him, but this guy is out there leaving questions about Remote Viewing, or abusing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=077FDD0pphE

Amazon, you ever see one of these?

Definitely military and the innards look 60s 70s era circuit wise. No ICs. Hand held with pistol grip.

It's a hand held radio direction finder. Powered by a standard 9 VDC transistor radio battery. Crystal has no freq marking. This DF is mentioned in a patent as being an ELT DF.

http://www.google.com/patents/?vid=USPAT4410890&output=pdf

See photos below.

Robert99

JO does NOT believe in this kind of junk science if you could even call it that.

I did NOT want Sluggo or anyone with me - it was something I had to do on my own. Sluggo I believe understood this. I appreciated the offer of help. Should I be able to make a second trip - the aid of those who know the area would be helpful....but, this would be older life time residents of the area in question.

I was exploring a past trip I made to WA with Weber in 1979.
I needed to be behind the wheel myself. I needed to be alone and with my thoughts and my memories. I had already been out there with others taking me to and fro - and therefore did NOT take into consider time and space between the memories.

Please do NOT put me in that category with what these individuals are doing.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Robert99

JO does NOT believe in this kind of junk science if you could even call it that.

I did NOT want Sluggo or anyone with me - it was something I had to do on my own. Sluggo I believe understood this. I appreciated the offer of help. Should I be able to make a second trip - the aid of those who know the area would be helpful....but, this would be older life time residents of the area in question.

I was exploring a past trip I made to WA with Weber in 1979.
I needed to be behind the wheel myself. I needed to be alone and with my thoughts and my memories. I had already been out there with others taking me to and fro - and therefore did NOT take into consider time and space between the memories.

Please do NOT put me in that category with what these individuals are doing.

Then WHAT are you doing here? !

You imgamed within the space of your mind (saw!)
that Duane Weber was DB Cooper, and ... you have
been tearing people an asshole about it ever since
going on 15 years plus!

If that isnt remote seeing I dont know what is.

The same applies to this other compulsive, Robert
M. Blevins ....

Georger says in part:

'If that isnt remote seeing I dont know what is.

The same applies to this other compulsive, Robert
M. Blevins ....'

Hey, Mr Science. Whatever gave you the idea I believed in 'remote viewing'?

well for one, assuming you have an average IQ,
there is no other explanation ?

Maybe its a periodontic problem? ? ?