47 47
quade

DB Cooper

..... If the inclined wanted a seperate group wouldn't you think they established that long ago ?Just my 2c

I really like Smokin99's reply and second it.

We have a neighborhood here. Others look at us and say some of you can do better. You don't have to live around crazies and homeless people. There is a nice gated community over at Google or Yahoo that is so much cleaner.

This forum has one big advantage in that it's part of a skydiving website. Many jumpers who are not regular posters do read it and jump in once in a while to add valuable historical or technical info. Larry Carr says the case is basically a bank robbery. To others it's basically a skydive. Everybody has their own perspective.

I like it here. It's home. It's family. People threaten to leave all the time, but they come back. It's family to them too, but they just don't realize it.

I have had this song in my head lately and having a difficult time deciding why I cannot shake it......other than the song being a parallel universe to this forum.

Please feel free to dance like no-one is watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzDsGyxsQM&ob=av2e

Through Glass lyrics
Songwriters: Economaki, Shawn; Rand, Josh; Root, James Donald; Taylor, Corey;

I'm looking at you through the glass
Don't know how much time has passed
Oh God it feels like forever
But no one ever tells you that forever feels like home
Sitting all alone inside your head

'Cause I'm looking at you through the glass
All I know is that it feels like forever

How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget you don't expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes initialized
And folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You can't expect a bit of folks

So while you're outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what you're staring at is me

How much is real? So much to question
An epidemic of the mannequins, contaminating everything
We thought came from the heart
But never did right from the start
Just listen to the noises
(Null and void instead of voices)

Before you tell yourself
It's just a different scene
Remember it's just different from what you've seen

And all I know is that it feels like forever

And all I know is that it feels like forever

And it's the stars
The stars that shine for you
And it's the stars
The stars that lie to you, yeah

And it's the stars
The stars that shine for you
And it's the stars

Oh God it feels like forever

And it's the stars
The stars that shine for you, yeah
And it's the stars

And it's the stars
The stars that shine for you, yeah
And it's the stars
The stars that lie to you, yeah yeah

Who are the stars?
Who are the stars that lie?

[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/s/stone-sour-lyrics/through-glass-lyrics.html]
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

The leftovers will last for decades and requires no refrigeration and can be recycled indefinitely (like the Dan Cooper comic).

The Dan Cooper comics component to the DBC story is amazing. Snowmman engineered a parasite that has become fully integrated into the legend and lore. If you didn't read Dan Cooper comics you can't be DB Cooper. Marla sure thought so. The fact that it was featured on the FBI website is a tribute to Snow.

Jo is too clever to fall for the trap, but Marla wasn't and to some, it was a sure fire indicator that he story was concocted, highly enhanced in hindsight or imagined.

Jo has associated Duane with smoke jumpers, Boeing people, aircraft mechanics, etc, but to her credit there are no Dan Cooper comics in the Duane=DBC story. Even KC for a while had an alleged exposure to Dan Cooper comics at the NWA base at Shemya.

There are other unproven and parasitic parts of the Cooper legend such as his having an altimeter or examining the packing cards, but none have the legs of the comic story.

On another subject I've spent time trying to figure out what organism made the holes in the Tena Bar money. I haven't found an answer but aquatic organisms seem to fit more than dry land ones.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

..... If the inclined wanted a seperate group wouldn't you think they established that long ago ?Just my 2c

We have a neighborhood here. Others look at us and say some of you can do better. You don't have to live around crazies and homeless people. There is a nice gated community over at Google or Yahoo that is so much cleaner.

This forum has one big advantage in that it's part of a skydiving website. Many jumpers who are not regular posters do read it and jump in once in a while to add valuable historical or technical info. Larry Carr says the case is basically a bank robbery. To others it's basically a skydive. Everybody has their own perspective.

I like it here. It's home. It's family. People threaten to leave all the time, but they come back. It's family to them too, they just don't realize it.

Great reply 377 , i totally agree and that's how a forum should be. I'd never have made a tandem jump had i not been to this web site.My original "want to do" was go up in a hot air balloon but that changed after reading other threads here.
I'm not with L.Carr on it was basically just a bank job , it's all about the jump.
He knew that jump was imminent and i don't believe for a minute he had not jumped before.People say he left the best parachute behind , i disagree. I think it's already been pointed out his choice allowed him to free fall for as long as he wanted which was important.
It's like Earl Cossey said "if he managed that hard pull,he landed"

What's confusing is the training parachute , everybody involved said it would be instantly recoqnisable to any jumper as a training aid yet the guy supplying it didn't cotten on to it nor did anyone else apparantly.I don't think anyone can really say without doubt it was just a training aid.I don't think we got a lot of truth concerning the parachutes , Cooper said no to military parachutes from McCord which made people think he was a sports jumper yet he selected the military chute over the primo sports chute.Maybe it was to deflect the fact that he knew very well how to use military parachutes that he said no to McCord.Nothing much about the parachutes makes sense , that's why i think there is misinformation there.

This is probably an inconsequential bit of trivia but apparently I was mistaken, the Dan Cooper comics were available outside Europe at least at some point. I just noticed on eBay a Dan Cooper comic in Hebrew being sold from Israel, and one in Arabic being sold from Lebanon. Both were printed in the 1980's, but perhaps the series were available in those places earlier.

Now THIS -- could blow the case wide open!
Olive skin? Dark eyes?
You guys DO know what the average Israeli and Arab colouring is right....!!
We may have a new lead!
Remember Cooper being described as "accentless"? Doesn't that strike you as just the type of "fluency" learnt by a foreign secret service agent to pass as local?
Anyone got an Israeli paratrooper database?

:D:D:D:D:D
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I like it here. It's home. It's family. People threaten to leave all the time, but they come back. It's family to them too, they just don't realize it.

If he had driven a 54 Ford to the airport
you would want to be on an antique car site.
That is the level of reasoning being applied -

This is probably an inconsequential bit of trivia but apparently I was mistaken, the Dan Cooper comics were available outside Europe at least at some point. I just noticed on eBay a Dan Cooper comic in Hebrew being sold from Israel, and one in Arabic being sold from Lebanon. Both were printed in the 1980's, but perhaps the series were available in those places earlier.

Now THIS -- could blow the case wide open!
Olive skin? Dark eyes?
You guys DO know what the average Israeli and Arab colouring is right....!!
We may have a new lead!
Remember Cooper being described as "accentless"? Doesn't that strike you as iust the type of "fluency" learnt by a foreign secret service agent to pass as local?
Anyone got an Israeli paratrooper database?

:D:D:D:D:D

Uh is it me? This is not new.

This is Walter Chronkite and I was there.

Snow and I spent days covering the publication
republication, and distribution routes. Snow named
several of the countries: Canada, Belgium
(remember Larry moved right in and advanced the
US soldier stationed in Belgium theory after that).
French colonies, Vietnam etc. Middle East: Yisrael,
Syria, Egypt - tov miod.

Where the hell was everybody while this was being
published right here on Drop Zone ?

This is why I keep telling Reverend Blevins to
READ THE THREAD! He wants to be a hero and
advance his own Auburn Fun Days crap, instead.

There should be no surprise whatever that a copy of
TinTin with Arabic and Hebrew script appears.

What I want to know is if Marla's uncle actually had
a copy of Tin-Tin or not, on his wall no less. Or did
this come with Marla's Dreamex Prescription and a
fragile contract with ABC News? It never ceases to
amaze me how some people;s time is valuable
when they have nothing to do but dream, if this is
anything more than another baloon story.

I'm sorry to see Marla's Cooper balloon popped so soon, especially since it involved 2 way radios. I hope the next "Cooper of the week" is alleged to have used walkie talkies, maybe even a radio direction finder too. Don't forget that the SOG guys used direction finders to locate each other after landing.

I'll have to consult with Snow about how to weave radios into the mandatory Cooper gear. It's a lot more plausible than some obscure French action hero adventure comic.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

The comic book thing is interesting, but unless you can connect it to a suspect, it doesn't mean much. )

Talk about a reversal and hypocracy!

Did you not HINGE a good part of your earlier Kenny
theory to your alleged assertion Dan Cooper Comics
were on Shemya, where Kenny worked ... and then
had to retract that? (you were all pissed as I recall).

Duhhhh. Where does your hypocracy stop? And you
have the balls to ask anyone else: Hello - is there
anybody in there?

Fortunately for you Rev Blevins (Housecleaner) ,
people at DZ have short memories, or none at
all. Maybe you are exactly where you belong.
Snake handling and all!

Maybe...

Many think Cooper was a jumper and possibly a sport jumper. The FBI sent agents all over the skydiving community right after the skyjack. They looked at over 14,000 USPA membership records. They sent undercover agents to DZs.

Most people have driven a motor vehicle. That criteria doesn't narrow the search much. If Cooper was a jumper then we are looking at a much smaller universe and one to which this website is deeply connected.

Maybe...

Many think Cooper was a jumper and possibly a sport jumper. The FBI sent agents all over the skydiving community right after the skyjack. They looked at over 14,000 USPA membership records. They sent undercover agents to DZs.

Most people have driven a motor vehicle. That criteria doesn't narrow the search much. If Cooper was a jumper then we are looking at a much smaller universe and one to which this website is deeply connected.

Or, if he had makeup all over him then
look in a brothel?

Impatients pollen - look in a flower store? Never
mind what pollens are NOT on the tie.

I have a lengthy list. Parachutes and radios is not
on the list. The list will never e published here unless
somebody else stumbles on one or two items (after
Geof's book).

And Blevins and you can search until Hell freezes
over - like watching TrueTV - Blevins line: hello hello
is there anybody in there?

Point of order georger:

The fact that a Dan Cooper comic could have been on Shemya was never a bone of contention from what I recall of the story.

It was that with living witnesses’ which were certified and verified, then skillfully interviewed; that the Dan Cooper comic was seen in the Shemya day room years (4 perhaps) before it was even published.

Upon this discovery, the comic became inconsequential and just a silly joke. In fact the same comic was used as a joke on some TV program about Cooper to illustrate what a colossal Cooper ‘tar pit’ that product of snowmman had become.

I think after that the part of the book where Captain Scott talked to Cooper became another angst laced issue which went unresolved. I can’t remember, damn syphilis.

PS: Congratulations on the ‘promotion’ 377!

A change in:

#21 of my Requested Questions to the FBI.

I am repeating the 21 Questions below other than I did change #21. I will let this lie at 21 Questions and hope the FBI or a private investigator who is interested in helping to solve this will provide me with some answers.

1. The Tie: This tie evidence has many confusing stories about it. It seems the tie did NOT come into evidence immediately - there seems to be a 4 or 4 yr delay. NOT one person has ever been able to explain why it was NOT introduced into evidence when they first searched the plane nor the discrepancy in the time frame it took to introduce this into evidence.

2. The DNA extraced from that tie if it did indeed belong to Cooper. Did it have any distinct characteristics such as a PDK gene or some other specific gene that might provide heritage? In regards to DNA did, the DNA they got for Weber contain the PDK gene?

3. Regarding the Prints used to excuse Weber. Carr indicated they used the prints off of the McNeil file yet, in 2000 the Agent of Record said Duane was never in McNeil. He would later state that Duane only passed thru McNeil when I confronted and informed him I had the McNeil file infront of me.

4. If number 3 is correct then why or how did they use the prints from that file...as in 2000 it was denied.

5. If Duane's prints where the same as the McNeil file why was he incarcerated in 1966 as John C. Collins and received a commutation of sentence under that name. Why would this occur if they had validated Weber's prints in 1966. Did the FBI NOT compare his prints at that time? Or did they discover his prints belonged to Weber after his release - that might explain #6.

6. Why when Duane was released from Jefferson in 1968 did the FBI go to CO looking for him. This is when the wife and Duane and the kids took off for N.Orleans. Duane would never be arrested again for another crime after that time and he worked for a company connected to JMWAVE off and on for a period of time after 1968.

7. When the FBI started the centralized system on prints - most of this was input manually and I have heard of reports where the prints did get recorded correctly.

8. If the FBI investigated Duane, where was he from July of 1945 to 1949. Duane just disappeared until he was arrested in CA. and sent to San Quentin and then to Folsom.

9. Did the FBI even try to follow the trail of Duane from 1962 until 1968 when he was living as John C. Collins and I provided them with the SS number he used. During this time he was with his common-law spouse and they often used her last name - she even used different first names. When she told me she did not know his name was Duane Weber until his release from Jefferson in 1968 - I found this claim flawed although I never confronted her on this. Her name is listed differently on other records. Mary, Maria, etc.

10. Why did the FBI go to CO in 1968 after Duane's release from Jefferson and knock on the door of his brother-in-law. Both Duane and his wife were working legitimate jobs in CO. Why did the FBI not continue to pursue them if he was of so much interest they came from Ks or Mo to see him in CO and why did he run? The family told me this story. (Perhaps they found the prints were faulty - maybe they made new prints before he was released and found their error.)

11. Since Duane was obviously in the system for yrs - why could the FBI NOT explain his extreme knowledge of the N.W. and I believe he was there from mid 1945 until around 1948. Did the FBI check print files in Idaho around Coure d alene - wanted or unsolved crimes...this was to also include Spokane.

12. When Duane was in Jefferson who were his roommates and what other prisoners beside James Earl Ray did he know in that system? This should include why he was not identified as Duane Weber until after his RELEASE with a communation of sentence for John Collins. This is confusing!

13. In 1979 Tina lived in the Gresham area and this is when Duane and I made what I call "Sentimental Journey". What happened in 1979 during the last wk of Sept or 1st wk of Oct.
The day before I wore shorts at Salt Lake city, but by the time we got to Seattle I was using Fall clothing per the pictures. I have attached the picture Duane had me take in Salt Lake City - who is this man and why did Duane not want this man to see him, but he wanted a picture of him.

14. Why when the money was found did Tina go to the convent?
Did something happen in Gresham in 1979.

15. The bag the money went out of that plane in: It was not the whitish money bag - why has the FBI consistently claimed this?
That money went out of that plane in a canvas bag with a flat bottom. It had a leather handle and leather corners and straps.
How do I know this? I won't describe the color. I was told by Mr. H. this item was not involved in the crime.

16. Why has the FBI never denoted if Cooper was left handed or right handed.

17. Did Cooper have a small scar on his hand? I would have to look at the file.

18. Did Cooper take something from that plane beside the chute and the money? Did he take some items he had touched? A childs toy, a book or books, a book of matches, a magazine.

19. When Tina turned to look back from the curtain - what did she see...did he make motion to her - as one would a child with 2 fingers indicating she needed to do what he told her to do?

20. Cooper was purported by Tosaw to have given Tina a "look" when the money arrived in the bag. Did she secure a more adequate bag for him to put the money in from something one of the crew had or something one of the passengers left when they moved forward to the 1st class?

21. How is that one Cooper Ignorant Delusion Woman was the only person to relay (unknowingly) to the FBA the only logical explanation that has ever been presented for the Money to explain the money find on Tena's bar in 1980?

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

You always act as if the Cooper investigation is NOT a fluid thing. There have been many twists and turns ever since the start, and when I've been wrong on things, I will reverse myself if necessary.

Fluid is as Fluid does.

The fluidity is a function of who is doing the work!
Yes? Fluididity is an excuse you use for shitty work.

AND! CLEANING PEOPLE'S HOUSES DOES NOT ___

MAKE YOU THEM !

So, stop dreaming.

The comic book thing is interesting, but unless you can connect it to a suspect, it doesn't mean much. )

To which Georger replies: Talk about a reversal and hypocracy!

Did you not HINGE a good part of your earlier Kenny
theory to your alleged assertion Dan Cooper Comics
were on Shemya, where Kenny worked ... and then
had to retract that? (you were all pissed as I recall).

Duhhhh. Where does your hypocracy stop? And you
have the balls to ask anyone else: Hello - is there
anybody in there?

Fortunately for you Rev Blevins (Housecleaner) ,
people at DZ have short memories, or none at
all. Maybe you are exactly where you belong.
Snake handling and all!

I made it clear to the History Channel folks that the comic book was interesting, but not much of a clue. Our initial investigation made us believe that the comic book was possibly left behind at NWA's day room on Shemya by pilots who were constantly dropping off reading material for the poor saps stationed there. Later, we found this was not the case, and made a correction.

You always act as if the Cooper investigation is NOT a fluid thing. There have been many twists and turns ever since the start, and when I've been wrong on things, I will reverse myself if necessary.

Housecleaning business? Baby, we are The Best. Some of our customers are people whose names you might recognize. Execs from Boeing, Starbucks, and Microsoft, some with homes valued at more than a million dollars. That is class in ANY business, and if you are going to do something for a living, it's always good to be the best. You should read Gayla's new book coming out next year ('Neat and Tidy') on how she went from cleaning homes for $40 bucks a day out of an old truck back in '98, into becoming the most-sought-after private cleaner in Puget Sound. I joined up with her because I saw she knew exactly what she was doing. She's also the only woman in America who runs both a housecleaning business and is a registered US trade publisher with her own ISBN prefix. And I don't like it when people put her down, or what she does for a living, especially by someone who doesn't even know her. Someone who was previously BANNED from this site for name calling. (That would be YOU...and yes, I'm going to remind you about it every time you post up another friggin' insult.) And I hope you don't like it. ;)

So stick that in your hat and wear it around town. B|

ETA:Damn... while I was typing I missed one...

Fluid is as Fluid does.

The fluidity is a function of who is doing the work!
Yes? Fluididity is an excuse you use for shitty work.

And you wonder why there will never be world peace...

wait...wait...I know...I know the answer... because of DB Cooper...

hangdiver

PS: my dad had olive skin...

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

The leftovers will last for decades and requires no refrigeration and can be recycled indefinitely (like the Dan Cooper comic).

The Dan Cooper comics component to the DBC story is amazing. Snowmman engineered a parasite that has become fully integrated into the legend and lore. If you didn't read Dan Cooper comics you can't be DB Cooper. Marla sure thought so. The fact that it was featured on the FBI website is a tribute to Snow.

Jo is too clever to fall for the trap, but Marla wasn't and to some, it was a sure fire indicator that he story was concocted, highly enhanced in hindsight or imagined.

Jo has associated Duane with smoke jumpers, Boeing people, aircraft mechanics, etc, but to her credit there are no Dan Cooper comics in the Duane=DBC story. Even KC for a while had an alleged exposure to Dan Cooper comics at the NWA base at Shemya.

There are other unproven and parasitic parts of the Cooper legend such as his having an altimeter or examining the packing cards, but none have the legs of the comic story.

On another subject I've spent time trying to figure out what organism made the holes in the Tena Bar money. I haven't found an answer but aquatic organisms seem to fit more than dry land ones.

14 months to live

We heard that a lot in this and indeed other threads.This first appeared in a letter to the newspapers in Dec 1971. There's the Dan Cooper comic moment for the previous claimants.

377:

First I want to Thank 377 for his polite post regarding the Dan Cooper Comics. I agree that anyone incorporating those into their story are individuals who have read the thread or researched all media regarding Cooper.

The Cooper Comics as far as I am aware was never mentioned in all of the yrs of the Cooper investigation other than in Dropzone.com and was introduce by Snowmman.

Georger:

I want you to study the 21 questions that I modified above. I do NOT want anyone to reply unless they have "documented" answers for the questions. These 21 questions are the unresolved items that caused me to continue my search and to be a pain in the ass to the FBI and others.

You, Georger may have access to documentation that might explain a couple of these - if so please present it, but refrain from saying anything derogatory about me. Please! I am trying to move forward with my life and have made some very strong decisions. The FBI answering the 21 Questions can help me to do this.

If the FBI truely investigated Weber then the answers to the questions are in their files. If there is anyone here who is FBI or has connections to the FBI please see that they receive my 21 Questions.

21 Questions unanswered. 21 Questions that have held me hostage for 16 yrs.

Now I will repeat the CODE:
IF you can decipher it you can find me. Was sent to the LA Times Dec 14 1971. PS I never saw the article and do NOT know if this actually ever really appeared in a New Paper.

7698QA2753

July (7)was when Duane was put out of the Army even though his mother and he had made pleas for the Navy to drop the Bad Conduct dismisal

Duane joined the Navy and the Army - he was NOT drafted.

Army serial # 35608905
Navy serial #283-56-96

I will not be posting much, unless it is misinformation about Weber or Cooper or facts. If the FBI wants Weber out of their hair then it would behoove them to provide me with answers to all 21 of my questions and to substanciate those answers with documents - where documentation is required.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

21. How is that one Cooper Ignorant Delusion Woman was the only person to relay (unknowingly) to the FBA the only logical explanation that has ever been presented for the Money to explain the money find on Tena's bar in 1980?

Jo, Even if you pegged me correctly as a troll living under a bridge, trolls know that people don't throw good money (and paper bills at that) into the river.

You do NOT explain how the money got to Tina's Bar. In fact, I believe you have previously stated that you weren't sure that there was even money in the paper sack that Duane allegedly threw into the river.

And why throw money into the river years and years after the hijacking and when the FBI was at a complete loss as to even where the hijacker landed?

377:

First I want to Thank 377 for his polite post regarding the Dan Cooper Comics. I agree that anyone incorporating those into their story are individuals who have read the thread or researched all media regarding Cooper.

The Cooper Comics as far as I am aware was never mentioned in all of the yrs of the Cooper investigation other than in Dropzone.com and was introduce by Snowmman.

Georger:

I want you to study the 21 questions that I modified above. I do NOT want anyone to reply unless they have "documented" answers for the questions. These 21 questions are the unresolved items that caused me to continue my search and to be a pain in the ass to the FBI and others.

You, Georger may have access to documentation that might explain a couple of these - if so please present it, but refrain from saying anything derogatory about me. Please! I am trying to move forward with my life and have made some very strong decisions. The FBI answering the 21 Questions can help me to do this.

If the FBI truely investigated Weber then the answers to the questions are in their files. If there is anyone here who is FBI or has connections to the FBI please see that they receive my 21 Questions.

21 Questions unanswered. 21 Questions that have held me hostage for 16 yrs.

Now I will repeat the CODE:
IF you can decipher it you can find me. Was sent to the LA Times Dec 14 1971. PS I never saw the article and do NOT know if this actually ever really appeared in a New Paper.

7698QA2753

July (7)was when Duane was put out of the Army even though his mother and he had made pleas for the Navy to drop the Bad Conduct dismisal

Duane joined the Navy and the Army - he was NOT drafted.

Army serial # 35608905
Navy serial #283-56-96

I will not be posting much, unless it is misinformation about Weber or Cooper or facts. If the FBI wants Weber out of their hair then it would behoove them to provide me with answers to all 21 of my questions and to substanciate those answers with documents - where documentation is required.

Jo, The Army serial number you list was used for Army draftees during World War II.

There is a strong possibility that the Navy serial number you list was used by Navy personnel BEFORE World War II. The Navy started using the 280-00-00 series starting in 1920.

Jo, Even if you pegged me correctly as a troll living under a bridge, trolls know that people don't throw good money (and paper bills at that) into the river.

You do NOT explain how the money got to Tina's Bar. In fact, I believe you have previously stated that you weren't sure that there was even money in the paper sack that Duane allegedly threw into the river.

And why throw money into the river years and years after the hijacking and when the FBI was at a complete loss as to even where the hijacker landed?

I think you know you won't get answer to a sensible question while demands for documented answers to impossible questions are put forth.
It was said Weber only used those glasses for reading , how come he has them on in every pic ? That's not how users of reading glasses use them at all.
Ive asked if Duane even was a cigarette smoker which i could actually believe but i havnt seen him holding a cig in several informal pictures.
Smokers of the time period often had decent lighters , zippos , calibri's , dunhill ,ronson , being a thief he probably had a good one , where is it and why was it not mentioned or tested as it had to have been a rich source of touch dna.
We don't get answers to questions like that , just more impossible demands of the fbi.
I asked why was Mrs Weber quoted in 2000 as saying Duane very rarely talked of his past life yet here on DZ.com she has him a right chatterbox from day 1.
Lack of answers is often an answer in itself i suppose.