47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I came to the thread insearch of information asking question. I don't remember the title of the thread and cannot find post #1.
Because of the interest my question stirred up - someone here set up the a thread to continue the conversation.

I am only asking that Lurker stop REPEATING his same question about Duane's marriages as they are not relavant, but he persists when I have referenced what I know.

Note that in the early post I mention 7 marriages, but that was only a guess from what family told me and what I had been able to find out. If all of the documentations are correct then there are 6 marriages.
2 around 1943 (?)
1 around 1945 (no record other than letter to mother about Edna and that he told me he had a daughter.
1 in 1962 Common Law
1 in 1971 Documented
1 in 1978 This is me.

Now would someone tell me why it is so important for Lurker to know about the 1st 3 marriages?
This is why he is making such a stink and I am very tired or trying to repeatedly understand what does Duane's marriages have to do with his reading books.

If you guys think I flounder - this guy is takes the Cake.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Blevins Thank you for finding the right word and I think your post needs to be repeated:

Blevins Stated:

Prove it. Who has threatened to kill her? Did she TELL you this? Why hasn't it been news? As far as responsibility, Tina owes you nothing, or anyone else for that matter. There are privacy rights and no means no. Take a hint. You are not the police, by the way. Even if Tina was threatened, those are the folks to find out who...not you.

Oh and Thank you for the other thing also.

Why is everyone so sure that he left the plane? Are you 100 percent sure he jumped? If you answer yes, explain to me why.

1. The plane was thoroughly searched when it reached the ground, if I recall correctly dogs were even used and those wouldn't miss a hidden person. There's only so many places to hide on a plane anyway, was he supposed to crawl up into the overhead bins?

2. Something heavy enough left the stairs of the plane which caused them to spring back up and close and create the noted pressure wave. This effect was recreated in later tests. I don't see how this could be spoofed unless some other 200lb object was missing from the plane.

3. If Cooper did hide on the plane, he would have had to have thrown out the parachutes and briefcase or kept them with him and later escaped with them. He would have to take the parachutes off, and untie anything secured by the ropes from the chute he dismantled. If planning on not jumping, would he really have bothered to go through the charade of cutting up the other chute? Then he would have had to either throw out the money as well, or go back several years later to plant some in a place where it was likely never to be found, but was.

Good answers. Ive wanted to come back to this since
the question was posed.

In addition to the dogs etc at Reno a tactical team
was waiting, monitoring the plane, and ready to
intercept Cooper and take Cooper out if necessary.
They watched the plane come in and land and
boarded the plane rather quickly, however,
immediately on landing crew members went to the
back of the plane against direct orders, and
searched and found no occupant - and they reported
their finding. That is in the transcript.

The reason the F106s could not get a clean constant
radar fix on 305 was because they could not stay
behind 305, they had to keep diverting flying S
patterns just to stay behind and above 305, and
their nose radar cones were so narrow they had a
difficult time keeping the 727 in their radars for any
length of time, to intersect coverage during a
possible bailout time. It became a different situation
when the T33's took over but by then Cooper had
bailed (if the pressure bump indicates when he
bailed).

Presumably, no ground radar ever picked up Cooper
bailing, or was noticed, so far as has ever been
made public. There are several suggested
explanations for that - see prior Snowmman posts.

There is no direct evidence that Cooper bailed, at
least not so far. The money at Tina Bar does not
prove Cooper bailed. So far nothing directly
connecting Cooper to the ground has been found
or announced.

Portions of the Transcript have been redacted.
There was a supposed communications gap which
the Transcript reflects. And the FBI is not going to
release all of the evidence it has (for obvious
reasons). Nevertheless, in addition to the one
search conducted by the crew at Reno, it is very
likely other visual searches/explorations were made
by the crew immediately following the 'pressure
bump', trying to determine if "our friend" was still
on board. These are not the actions of a crew
involved in a cover up. The body of evidence
involving lots of neutral parties seems to support
the idea Cooper bailed and this hijacking was not
a test or a govt conspiracy of some kind ...

The question is notgoing away. More will probably
be said about this later as new evidence surfaces.

Can there still be new evidence in this old case? \
Yes.

Blevins Thank you for finding the right word and I think your post needs to be repeated:

Blevins Stated:

Prove it. Who has threatened to kill her? Did she TELL you this? Why hasn't it been news? As far as responsibility, Tina owes you nothing, or anyone else for that matter. There are privacy rights and no means no. Take a hint. You are not the police, by the way. Even if Tina was threatened, those are the folks to find out who...not you.

Oh and Thank you for the other thing also.

How does your "work" in supposed support of Tina \
Mucklow - help your case for Duane Weber? Or
Senior Blevins either?

How do the two intersect?

They dont intersect at all.

What does Tina Mucklow have to do with you?
And what have you to do with Tina Mucklow?

If there is one topic that should be off the board
here it is Tina Mucklow's personal life.

Tina Mucklow's personal life isnt going to help
anyone's suspect promotion !!!!! Especially after the
FBI has already ruled OUT that suspect.

None of you schmucks are Tina's personal friend or
HAVE any claim to anyone, or know squat about her
much less her family!

Find something to do WITH YOUR OWN LIVES!

In my book: this is all perversion.

As i said , i already knew the answer , i read that thread long ago and find it very eyeopening , even more so today.
In one post there you talk about a mouse and how tina seen him off with the word of god etc .. and yet you lambast anyone who dares mention tina and all the while covet a meeting with her yourself.

Would it surprise you that I knew how to reach Tina for yrs! I had her contact information for yrs - as early as 2003, but it was much easier to pretend I had NO knowledge of her whereabouts or exactly what is happening in her world right now would have happened back then.

I have more compassion for those who have been harmed by the media because I know who it affects you life and your relationships.

I spoke with Tina many yrs ago and that one short conversation was all I needed to know she needed NO intrusions into her life. She called me out of consideration for what I was going thru and I have never forgot it. This is when "He was a very Sad Man" came to be. Not thru the FBI but thru a conversation between Tina and I.
An expression Agent Carr included into the FBI site, but as far as I know I am the only person she ever said this to.

Outside of the above the rest of the short and sweet conversation is very private. It was easier for me to lie about knowing where Tina was - that way people were NOT badgering me for the information. I do not have the stomach to confront individuals I feel have been harmed by this whole Cooper thing - because I also have been harm (be it Duane was Cooper or not).

His telling me he was Dan Coooper and all of the other stuff I didn't need to know. Perhaps it was because I did NOT question him about his past. Yesterday was dead and gone. I wish I had listened more to what he was telling me.
I wish that those last 4 yrs I had let him open up to me - but, I didn't want to know. What he did tell me was scary - maybe it was a self defense mechanism with in me that just didn't want to know bad things about the man I loved. Maybe I felt the things he was telling me were unbelievable - I don't know. I know I closed my mind because what I did learn and what I did know scared the hell out of me.

Even my Uncle who met Duane told the family back home - "Jo is married to Mafia" . I never knew of this until Duane had died, but my Uncle heard something or saw something in Duane that only his yrs of experience in the military could sense. Duane and I had picked them up at the airport for my parents 50th anniversary.

I can't remember what my uncle and Duane talked about - I only know what was said in the car on the 30 mile ride to my parents home.

Vicki asks:

“Farf....Can I exit the game before the last round?

I will take my $200,000 in twenty dollar bills, wrapped in rubber-bands and placed in a white canvas bank bag please.”

Sorry to see you leave Vicki, you’ve been a great contestant as well as an answer on Coopardy.

You will also be receiving some lovely parting gifts as a special reminder (scar) of your time here.

Contestants of Coopardy stay at the beautiful Motel Puyallup at the prestigious intersection of Highway 512 and Meridan. Breakfasts were provided by ‘Jason’s- Home of the DZ Special’, just like skydivers they won’t stay down long.

No , it doesnt surprise me (your comments concerning Tina M) ive read enough to know about your alledged conversations.
It is also true you very much covet a meeting which is declined by TM , which was my point. I doubt anyone cares about the mafia or the cia or mlk or any other organisation brought in to the conversation by yourself , but life experience tells me one must be wary of bandying those agencies names about.

Georger hopefully the excellent post you did below is a vision of things to come and perhaps this Cooper thing will finally be over.

In addition to the dogs etc at Reno a tactical team
was waiting, monitoring the plane, and ready to
intercept Cooper and take Cooper out if necessary.
They watched the plane come in and land and
boarded the plane rather quickly, however,
immediately on landing crew members went to the
back of the plane against direct orders, and
searched and found no occupant - and they reported
their finding. That is in the transcript.

The reason the F106s could not get a clean constant
radar fix on 305 was because they could not stay
behind 305, they had to keep diverting flying S
patterns just to stay behind and above 305, and
their nose radar cones were so narrow they had a
difficult time keeping the 727 in their radars for any
length of time, to intersect coverage during a
possible bailout time. It became a different situation
when the T33's took over but by then Cooper had
bailed (if the pressure bump indicates when he
bailed).

explanations for that - see prior Snowmman posts.

There is no direct evidence that Cooper bailed, at
least not so far. The money at Tina Bar does not
prove Cooper bailed. So far nothing directly
connecting Cooper to the ground has been found
or announced.

the Transcript reflects. And the FBI is not going to
release all of the evidence it has (for obvious
reasons). Nevertheless, in addition to the one
search conducted by the crew at Reno, it is very
likely other visual searches/explorations were made
by the crew immediately following the 'pressure
bump', trying to determine if "our friend" was still
on board. These are not the actions of a crew
involved in a cover up. The body of evidence
involving lots of neutral parties seems to support
the idea Cooper bailed and this hijacking was not
a test or a govt conspiracy of some kind ...

The question is notgoing away. More will probably
be said about this later as new evidence surfaces.

Can there still be new evidence in this old case? \
Yes.

Yes, Yes I thought your post should be re-posted. Perhaps it will quieten some the writers and media personel down. They are usually pretty easy to spot in the thread.

Can there still be new evidence in this old case? Yes

Georger I really really hope that is true - not just for myself, but for all those who have lived this nightmare for 40 yrs. I also hope that the DZ and the contributors to the thread played a part in helping to resolve this 40 yr old crime.

Well, I am spent for the day - actually I am exhausted.

Good Night.

He took pictures of her and put them online - that is Stalking.
You are an attorney - and your post above is the most insensitive post I have ever heard come from you. I actully didn't think you made the post and had to take a second look.
You have usually been the voice of reason in the thread.

Jo,

If I were Tina or close to her I'd be personally offended by Bruce, but I wouldnt go to a lawyer or call the cops. He hasn't done anything that I would call criminal stalking. Taking and publishing photos of a public figure is not a crime. He made a single brief visit to her home, was rebuffed and left.

Without tough persistent journalists we would just get nice easy to find news. Important stories like Watergate, COINTELPRO, Pentagon papers, etc would never have been made public were it not for journalists who wear out their shoes and dig dig dig.

Tina is a public figure of sorts and different legal rules apply to public figures. Rather than argue the finer points of law, just look at what actually happened. A visit, a rebuff and a prompt departure. That's all.

I am truly sorry if Tina was distressed, but it isn't the end of the world for her or for anyone else. Give her credit for being a little more functional and less fragile than you prefer to picture her as. You seem overly invested in this eggshell Tina model.

I am a huge believer in freedom of the press. That freedom causes some sacrifices of privacy, but it's well worth it. If reporters live in fear of arrest for knocking on a door and requesting an interview then you might as well have the government write all the news.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

No , it doesnt surprise me (your comments concerning Tina M) ive read enough to know about your alledged conversations.
It is also true you very much covet a meeting which is declined by TM , which was my point. I doubt anyone cares about the mafia or the cia or mlk or any other organisation brought in to the conversation by yourself , but life experience tells me one must be wary of bandying those agencies names about.

FOR HEAVENS SAKE WILL YOU PLEASE KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE ATTACKS!

Alledged conversations? Try 1 short conversation.

Coveted Meeting? Yes I would like one. but I have NEVER REQUESTED this of her except in a THANK YOU note - she made no reply and I did not PURSUE it with her.

I think your last paragraph is a THREAT and I have been expecting this. Why don't you take a little time to learn to capitalize and at least make your post - a little more clear otherwise you sound like JT when he rants and raves.

'One must be wary of bandying (please provide a definition for that word) those agencies names about."

There used to be a protective agency used to filter through threats to presidents and others, but they worked underground and thur a network of businesses.
The were NOT CIA or Mafia or covert, but they worked within certain boundaries. Their goals were monetary but under the guise of providing information to other Federal agencies without having our intelligence involved.

True or False

explanations for that - see prior Snowmman posts

I think Cooper's exit might very well have been "picked up" by radar but not preserved or even noticed. What is shown on screens is filtered and processed to remove noise and "spurious" echoes. I'll bet if we had a tape of the raw echo signals you'd see Cooper's exit.

Ask Guru about how good ATC radar is at picking up and even counting exiting sklydivers at ranges exceeding 40 miles. I have personally spoken at length with an FAA controller who is also a skydiver about this and he confirms what Guru says and even extended the jumper detection range.

Too bad nobody thought to preserve this raw signal data, or maybe it was not even recorded.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I am truly sorry if Tina was distressed, but it isn't the end of the world for her or for anyone else. Give her credit for being a little more functional and less fragile than you prefer to picture her as. You seem overly invested in this eggshell Tina model.

I am a huge believer in freedom of the press. That freedom causes some sacrifices of privacy, but it's well worth it. If reporters live in fear of arrest for knocking on a door and requesting an interview then you might as well have the government write all the news.

No I do not buy into the eggshell Tina - infact I think she has done a pretty good thing with her life, but for Bruce to show up on her door without an invitation and posting tabloid pictures of her for the world to see - NO, that was uncalled for. She is NOT a public figure because she doesn't have the income of a public figure and bodyguards cost money.

You know there are some loose nuts out there - and now she is a target. The threats like Blevins received could esculate. I am not worried about Cooper being alive...he would be 85 ish.

To allow this is to ignore the quality of life she has. Bruce is hungry and within a few days he will have SOLD pictures to the tabloids. Then the world sees her...infact I suspect one of our posters is just that - a Tabloid writer.

I havnt attacked you nor disrespected you as you have with me.
I did not threaten you , merely words to the wise , you throw these names about like confetti none of which have anything remotely to do with DB Cooper.I'll take heed to Quades earlier post about simply not feeding you replys.I clearly can see where the idea you are a conspiracy theorist comes from.

'I don't think it needed repeating , but thats just me. It's clear what was meant that DB Cooper threatened to kill her.'

Not true. Although Agent Himmelsbach differs, Tina Mucklow has been quoted as saying the hijacker was polite to her and never made threats to her personally, except the general one at the start about having a bomb. About the only time he got mad was during the FBI fueling delay trickery they tried pulling on him while on the ground in Seattle. Don't quote me exactly, but I think the hijacker said, "Let's get this show on the road!" or something like that.

I have another comment regarding Bruce Smith. In one voice he says he has concerns about Tina. But on the other hand, he posts up public pictures of her on the internet. If he were REALLY concerned about her safety, he would NOT have done that just to draw some cheap views to his website. The better idea would have been to keep the pictures private and share them only with people he trusted. One reason is because they haven't solved the case yet, Bruce. From Tina's view, the hijacker (or his family members) could still be out there, and there IS a standing Federal warrant against him...and Tina is the best still-living eyewitness, other than Flo Schaffner. If the hijacker were still alive...he knows this too. Think about THAT, Mr. I'm-a-Responsible-Journalist.

I also noticed that Galen Cook must be getting a little nervous about his Loose Cannon Friend. There's a comment on that article from the Mountain News where Cook advises Bruce not to try and contact Mucklow again. (*laughs*) Good advice.

Yeah, better tighten up the leash there. You know, that sort of counts as legal advice. Maybe Cook should send Smith a bill for services.

You don't consider showing her a bomb aboard an aircraft along with whatever he said a threat of deadly harm ?

I think i like this post , you say NOT TRUE!! and add but the FBI say different...lol...gee i wonder who to believe.

the Transcript reflects.

I looked through the transcripts at Sluggo's site but never noticed anything redacted. Did I miss something?

This just in: No DNA Match To Purported D.B. Cooper Hijacking Suspect
http://news.opb.org/article/niece_no_dna_match_to_purported_d.b._cooper_hijacking_suspect/

WoW ! what is all the Battles about.The case is plain and simple.There are a few people that are trying to make a profit on this case and get there 15 minutes of fame (Blevins and Weber)The Dale Cooper was not the Hyjacker.This Neice is a scam for this case.However the FBI is going to retest all suspects. Sorry Jo you too Blevins your candidates have already been deleted from that list I have gone public recently. I Have stated that the suspects that are being looked at are only two.The FBI is not even considering those they have already eliminated.

http://news.opb.org/article/niece_no_dna_match_to_purported_d.b._cooper_hijacking_suspect/

You know I'm just a simple country girl so somebody please help me out here. What am I missing?

They've known about this fellow for a year.
If this article is legit, they've checked out the DNA - (which many suspect is a futile gesture from the get go - but that's another topic), but they're still waiting to find another object with fingerprints??? :S

Does this mean that fingerprints from military service are not readily available from the military??... or maybe the FBI has to fill out an FOIA request to get em from the Navy. Now that would be govment bureaucrazy at its finest.

Seriously, though ...is all this sounding kinda strange to anyone besides me?
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

the Transcript reflects.

I looked through the transcripts at Sluggo's site but never noticed anything redacted. Did I miss something?

Take another look at the Seattle Air Route Traffic Control's transcript for the very time the hijacker is supposed to have jumped (about 8:11 to 8:13 PM) and you should notice about an 18 minute time gap. If that transcript is to be believed, the airliner crew didn't radio a single word about the supposed jump.

In addition, about the only information on that specific tape after they got the airliner level at 10,000 feet was the airliner crew being passed altimeter settings, switches between sector controller frequencies, and being told to ident (push the ident button on their transponder).

If you want to see what air traffic control communications are actually like, take a look at the transcript for the Oakland Center commuications with the airliner. The Oakland Center also included the phone talk between the individual controllers.

To make a long story short, the Seattle ATC transcripts have been sanitized.

You know I'm just a simple country girl so somebody please help me out here. What am I missing?

They've known about this fellow for a year.
If this article is legit, they've checked out the DNA - (which many suspect is a futile gesture from the get go - but that's another topic), but they're still waiting to find another object with fingerprints??? :S

Does this mean that fingerprints from military service are not readily available from the military??... or maybe the FBI has to fill out an FOIA request to get em from the Navy. Now that would be govment bureaucrazy at its finest.

Seriously, though ...is all this sounding kinda strange to anyone besides me?

I believe the FBI is the repository for all military finger prints. However, the 1970 era prints may not have been digitized and would have to be checked manually.

Just out of curiosity, how do those of you who state with utmost certainty that the FBI "has done this," or "has not done that" know those things as the gospel truth?

Has the FBI told you that or are you assuming?

Sure, leaks are possible but to what extent?

I'm not so naive as to believe everything the government tells me but how many of you guys are sitting side by side with the FBI and "co-investigating" and have access to every single file and document the FBI possesses on this case?

I try to see things in their simplest forms and I'm wondering how so many people here "know" without a doubt what or who the FBI has tested/not tested/interviewed etc.

It's crystal clear to me that any investigative agency with an open case is not going to share everything, even if leaks occur. I know that from experience; I've seen it on homicide cases etc. Some media types with contacts can ferret out info but never all of it.

Thanks.

Bruce - I don't understand how putting these pictures of Tina on the net help solve the DBC case. Please explain. Thanks Pat

The possibiility exists that the mystery of Tina and the mystery of DB Cooper are linked. If so, Tina gets us closer to Cooper.

Remember, I'm trying to find the guy who threatened to kill Tina Mucklow and 41 of her friends, colleagues and passengers.

If Tina had half the courage that she does rage, I believe we'd be closer to the truth of this case.

Further, if my brother-in-law was a career FBI agent and refused to lift a finger to find the criminal who threatened to kill me, I'd be royally pissed.

In the meantime, I'm stepping up to the plate.

As such, I'm showing the pix to the world. I have received copious amounts of assistence in my DBC investigation from the DZ, including the address and contact information on Tina's brother-in-law and sister. Hence, I'm stirring the pot once again.

Whaa- Pat? You're not even curious to see what Tina Mucklow looks like these days? Really?

Well I was curious, that's why I went to your site and looked at the photos of Tina. She looks very good for her age. I'll bet she has an internet connection also;).
I respect all the leg work you're doing Bruce, and I hope you find what you're looking for. I guess I don't understand all the wars between the Cooper hunters???

New guy here; just stumbled across this forum lately due to the Cooper "news". I have one "jump" (a very generous interpretation of jump on my part, BTW), and am a mechanical engineer, and ex-USAF flightline machinist.

Robert99, I have read your excellent analysis of the route and timeline on Sluggo's site. Regarding your last statement of no mention by the flight crew of the supposed jump...is this due to the fact that the only way we now know that the jump was made was because a member of the flight crew was on the sled drop tests, and was able to recognize the pressure bump as being what he felt at the approximate jump time? In effect, they didn't, in real time, recognize that the "pressure bump" actually meant anything other than possible something going on with the aft stairs.