fr33flyr

Summerfest or Lost Prairie?

I know a lot of locals and other jumpers that are going to be at Summerfest but I just moved to Montana so the $500 I can save by not buying a plane ticket buys a lot of jumps at Lost Pairie. Who has been to these events and what are your thoughts?

If your idea of an awesome boogie is making craploads of jumps and partying every night without ever leaving the dz, go to Summerfest.

If your idea of an awesome boogie includes some jumps, some partying, some incredible scenery, some awesome local beer, a buncha Canadians, some time at and/or on the lake, some hiking in a National Park, a sunset cross country over a beautiful valley, and a wide variety of people to share it all with, go to LP.

Never been to Summerfest but LOST PRAIRIE ROCKS been there the last 2 years and the people are OUTSTANDING and its just a blast!! great jumps, tons of fun cool people great organizers short waits (Usually none at all) has to be one of the prettiest places on earth

The facility is really nice, sometimes you have to pick shower times a bit carefully though (hot water)
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

If your idea of an awesome boogie is making craploads of jumps and partying every night without ever leaving the dz, go to Summerfest.

If your idea of an awesome boogie includes some jumps, some partying, some incredible scenery, some awesome local beer, a buncha Canadians, some time at and/or on the lake, some hiking in a National Park, a sunset cross country over a beautiful valley, and a wide variety of people to share it all with, go to LP.

Yeah that will make a lot of people wanna go. :S:D

I just hate Lost Prairie - all those naked women at the bar, and Camp Canada girls distracting you with boobie flashing while the plane is taxiing.:o[:/]

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

If you live in Montana - go to LP. Seriously, i'm sure Summerfest is a blast but save that plane ticket $$ you would spend flying out of the state and spend it on Lang Ale and jump tickets.

then again...the weather is terrible, the skydives suck, the beer is warm and there are too many damn Canadians.

Maybe go to Summerfest:P

Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

I don't know if anyone told you yet but they don't want you there.

But i need someone to video the 2nd annual inflatable whale jump!! Even though i never saw the video of the jump we did last year...:P

And the best reason to go to summerfest is:
Seeing a naked man jump off the deck attempting to hit the pond...but instead hitting the lower deck. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I live in chicago and I've been to both.

Summerfest is a great way to do a lot of jumps from a variety of aircraft, at a DZ with outstanding facilities.

Lost Prairie is one of the most spectacular places I've ever been - but if you live in Montana you might not appreciate is as much as this city-slicker. Lost Prairie is the kind of boogie that I wish every skydiver would go to, at least once. It's also the kind of boogie that once you go to, you'll long to go back time and time again.

There's still plenty of jumping from Otters and Skyvans, but it's the extra things that make it special. Things like the 4X4 trip up to the fire tower, the jump into Lang Creek, and a level of nudity I haven't seen in skydiving in a very long time are what make it very special indeed.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

You're close to Canada... come north when you get a chance.

Two twotter boogies this year.
- One up by Edmonton on July 3-7
- One on the September long weekend close to Calgary

The exchange rate makes jump prices pretty good, and those Canadian women that go to LP every year... they live here ;)

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I haven't been to either boogie, but I've been moderating the threads on each boogie for years. From a financial standpoint, if the $500 would make a big dent in your budget, then just go to LP. From what I've read, it seems like the folks are real friendly, so you wouldn't have to worry about not having your friends there and it seems like a good time is usually had by all.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks...hubby's out of a job and money's tight, so it probably won't be this year. But, I hope to come for a visit sometime. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

LP ---- but then again i love lp and go every year! so i guess you could say i am biased. for me it is a no brainer as we are about 4 hours a way....and we camp all week so all i need is gas money to get there and back and jump money - well then there is the money for the beer......but other than that......it is way cheaper for me to go to LP then make the trip to summerfest. And I have been going long enough that i get to see some people that i only see annually at LP.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!