alw

Scenic Mountain Backdrop - Where

Assuming I find the arch, stop the potato chipping, and eventually solo with confidence, I'm looking for a DZ that has a scenic mountain backdrop for FF and canopy video and still. Any suggestions.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

Actually, if you wait till October Chris Spence throws a mountain boogie in NC. You'll be in freefall and below the mountains cool view
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Okanagan Skydive Adventures in Vernon, BC, Canada is one of the most scenic DZs I've ever jumped at. Alberta Skydivers, just north of Calgary, Alberta also has a nice view of the rockies. I guess both are a little outta the way for you, but if you ever get a chance I recommend both places.
I got nuthin

Not sure how far you're willing to travel to for the forementioned scenery, but

*Dunedin, Wanaka/Queenstown, Fox Glacier, Franz Josef, Rotorua, Taranaki - New Zealand
*Empuriabrava, Spain
*Mile-Hi Skydiving, Denver, CO (never been, but I can only imagine you'll get good mountian shots in the background)
*Lake Tahoe, CA
*Lapalisse, France

...and many, many more!!!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

*Lapalisse, France

Dont get me wrong, I love that DZ, but the scenery... well, I dont even remember what's around! lol

Ther are some DZs in Europe with some awsome views... Pretty much any one in Switzerland is gonna be special.... Empuria has montains and sea...
Remster

Damn thats funny stuff. Mountains in N.C. that should keep me laughing for an hour.;);)
If you want mountain views in the U.S. or Canada you have to go west. The northern Utah drop zones have excellent mountain veiws.

Death is so permanant, and I'm just not ready for that kind of committment.

Again, depends how far you want to travel but Table Mountain, Cape Town in South Africa is pretty awesome... .. DZ nearby last time I was there (a couple of years ago)

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

Okay Remmie and Piis....I was taking a shot at that one...

I located it on a map while I was in France, and it looked like it was close to the mountains....so I assumed. SoooooOOOOOORRRRYY!!!!;)

The rest are very beautiful back drops though!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Coming out of Florida where the tallest peak is 300some feet, does almost anything qualify as a mountain backdrop?

Most of the CA dropzones have hills in the background ranging from 1000-10000ft. And for now, they're green! (but by August, probably not)

Not sure how far you're willing to travel to for the forementioned scenery, but

*Dunedin, Wanaka/Queenstown, Fox Glacier, Franz Josef, Rotorua, Taranaki - New Zealand
*Empuriabrava, Spain
*MileHi Skydiving, Longmont, CO

I have some beautiful mountain backdrop pics from when I jumped there. The sunset tracking load is always the best. Longmont is near Boulder right in the foothills. Do a search in here for my post called JenBird in the Wingsuit forum. JenBirdLand pic is at MileHi and you can see the beautiful backdrop. I tried to attach it here but can't resize it from the company laptop:S