tonyhathaway

Where to go for scenic DZs on east coast?

Hello. What DZ's on the East side of the country have nice scenery for photos? Something like Sebastian. Something other than just an airport, or fields. What other DZs from here to Maine are on the water, or near or in the mountains??? Any help would be nice. I'm trying to find out where to go on my trips this summer. Anywhere like the attached photo of Sebastian? Thanks very much-Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

Well, its not the summer.... but Jumptown under canopy in October (mid to late) is ABSOLUTELY a sight to see!

Newport, RI (right on the water) is georgeous too! But the crowds in the summer suck. Don't know what their regs are regarding experienced jumpers though...

Best of luck!

Jennifer
Arianna Frances

skydive coastal carolinas in southport, nc has a great view. we are about a mile from the beach and if you have your C license you can jump the beach. right now we are relocated at wallace, nc, but we should be going back to southport within the next couple weekends. so if your heading up this way check us out.

www.skydivecoastalcarolinas.com

At Skydive New England in Lebanon, ME you can see the snow-capped White Mountains, Lake Winepesake below you, and the ocean beaches all from altitude. It's beautiful during the summer, but breathtaking in the fall as the leaves begin to change! B|

Blue ones
Dave
My site...

If you don't mind coming to the great white north there is a DZ on the north shore of lake Erie near Port Colbourne (1 hr from Buffalo), Skydive Burnaby where the beach is 1 km away and when the wind is from the south you are in free fall over the lake. With a twin otter it is a rocking good time with some of the most beautiful scenery.

Blue Skies,

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

Well, its not the summer.... but Jumptown under canopy in October (mid to late) is ABSOLUTELY a sight to see!

Dang straight!! First time to altitude at J-town when the leaves were turning was amazing.

And I'd never thought I'd say this, but J-town from the air with snow on the ground looks pretty good too.

Hell, J-town from the air looks pretty good ANYTIME!!

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

When I went to Gulf Coast Skydivers for the Mardi Gras boogie I was astounded by the beautiful view from the air. All the swirly, curvey rivers and the gulf reflecting the sun. Just beautiful. And being the home of the Pink Mafia the view on the ground is pretty nice too. ;)

Fall in dove.

When I went to Gulf Coast Skydivers for the Mardi Gras boogie I was astounded by the beautiful view from the air. All the swirly, curvey rivers and the gulf reflecting the sun

Those are bayous dahrlin.... but remember Swamp Thing lives out there somewhere with all his little reptile buddies....well at least that what was in my mind when I was considering chopping my Main after a steering line was gone.. on the sunset load... Sure was purty but the thought of sloggin thru the bayou.. with Swamp Thing... in the dark..... well I reconsidered and rear risered my canopy into the landing area in no wind..;)

The Sunset beach jump the next day was spectacular...right onto Biloxi Beach... and I was out of the airplane right over the barracks at Keesler AFB that I so successfully avoided for the 8 years I was in the USAF:)

Empuria is on the east coast, and by far has the best scenery around.

Oh. You mean the US east coast. Never mind, carry on ;)
(I have a strange feeling I made the exact same joke at the same question 2 years ago... man I need new material!)

Atmosphair in Quebec city is nice from what I hear, if you'd venture up north to the barbarians';)
Remster

:$ Hi Tony,

Skydive New England in Lebanon, Maine for great views, people, and Super Otter. Plum Island in Massachusetts is right on the ocean but only open occasionally. Newport, RI is also beautiful but mostly Tandem out of a Cessna. E-mail me for more details. I have a trailer and fireplace at Skydive New England, you can stay at anytime!

Blueskys!!!
Josh "papa smurf" Wolfe
[email protected]

That was because of who you were jumping with

Yeah.. we need to race....

I wonder how fast I can go in the high alti at LP.. WOO HOO.. New Rig....this one built for speed..

I feel the NEED.. the NEED for SPEEEEEEED

Let's see...since i've only jumped a few dz's in and around GA....let me give you my take:

GA:
Skydive Monroe - Very nice, medium sized dz. From altitude you can see as far north as Athens, and UGA (listen closely - you can hear REM over the K.A.'s engines;):D). To the West you can see Stone Mountain (a.k.a. "THE BIGGEST F**ING PIECE OF GRANITE IN THE WORLD:S), and on a clear day - you can just make out the ATL skyline.

Skydive Atlanta (Thomaston) - Very fun, young, medium dz. From altitude you can see...well...hundreds of acres of GA farmland...and lots of GREEN. It reminds me of where I learned how to jump in NZ, so it holds special meaning. Not to mention, the Super "disco" K.A.!! CoolB|.

ASC (Cedartown) - Who cares:|...wouldn't jump there again if the jumps were free, a chick blew me on the ride to altitude, and all the packers were naked. All I remember from jumping there...TREES, both in and around the ENTIRE DZ!! But don't let that stop you from them taking your money.[:/]

Skydive the Farm - Haven't been yet, but I hear Hans has a great place, and lots of amenities. Can't wait to check you out, the Farm!!

NC:
Raeford - Very cool, medium dropzone in NC. T&K Thacker run a very well organized, safe, friendly dz. Possibly the best part of the dz is Aviators after hours, but the people who jump there make it worth the entire trip. Miss ya, and will see you again soon, Raeford!

FL:
Z-Hills - Spent all day last Sat there. Very well laid out, fun, enjoyable dz. Would go back in a second for another fun day/weekend/boogie - anytime. Thanks to all who showed the two GA jumpers a good time, and lots of fun.

There's plenty more to choose from...but whomever said it earlier was most accurate...

ANY dropzone is good from 14,000 feet!!B|

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic