Casch

What are some of your Favorite Skydiving Dreams

I had a really cool one last night where I went into a sitfly for the first time and I was CRUISIN' across the sky, I'm talkin' about out flying along side the dropship! It was sooooo coool. Then when I opened, I found myself under a 210 instead of the usual 290 and I had soo much fun with the canopy and landed a perfect, exilerating swoop. I even dreampt about the ease of carrying the comparitivly tiny canopy to the hanger by simply throwing it over my shoulder (YOU try doing that with a 290, or a 325... :D:S)

So what are some of your fun and entertaining skydiving dreams. It doesn't even have to be about a skydive, as long as you mention skydiving or anything to do with a DZ cause I know some crazy shiat goes on after hours :D:S

I had this great dream that I was doing a 4-way at my then-home DZ (Great Lakes Skydivers), with the DZO and a couple friends. The RW was great, and at break off, I had a sweet track, then pulled . . . . Nothing happened :o. I pulled my reserve handle . . . . Nothing happened :o[:/].

At that point, I realized it was a dream, so I thought I'd go with it. As the ground got closer, I arched really hard, then slowed down. when my belly touched the earth, I literally bounced, then landed on my feet. B|

When my friends on the jump landed, Dennis (the DZO) walked up to me and yelled at me for not using a parachute. I said, "But Dennis, I didn't need one, because I was only dreaming!" And Dennis said, "Sure Betsy, you're dreaming, and the rest of us are wide awake. Whatever you say." :D:D

That's when I woke up.

OK, this is a really strange dream but here goes. I had a dream where instead of driving/walking to travel around, that everyone tracked. There was no wind fans or anything, everyone just tracked and carved down the street. That oen was interesting.

I also have had the dream where you don't stop falling (kinda like point break). That one was pretty cool too.

Mine was kind of like Betzilla's. Don't actually remember the whole dream, but it ended much like hers. I fell flat and happy all the way to the ground, landed dead center in the peas, stood up brushed myself off and said "I'll never do that again!" THen everyone in the dream complimented me on my accuracy.
Dom

I had a great one once.

A friend of mine (also a jumper) and I were going around looking at buildings and cliffs. We would argue over whether or not it was high enough to base jump from. I would always argue that it was, he would argue that it wasn't.

Regardless of the out come of the discussion, we would attempt it anyway. Invariably, we would both bounce. Then I would grin and tell him he was right. We would then head to the next object.

I also had one where I went in with nothing out and then pulled out my main before going in to the hangar because I didn't want anyone to know I had bounced with all of my handles un-pulled!

Methane Freefly - got stink?

My best Skydiving dream?
It's the one just like I used to have before i started jumping, you know, where your falling.....falling.....falling....... but instead of waking up before I hit the Ground, I wake up after a Soft Tip-toe landing in the Peas.
Actually, most of my skydiving Dreams involve Nekkid Ladies at one point or another. They fit in, trust me ;)

s. smith

=========Shaun ==========

:D I dreamt I had a mal (don't know what went wrong). Pulled my cutaway puff, and pulled and kept pulling, eventually using both hands, because the cable just kept coming and coming and coming and nothing was happening. Suprisingly, in the dream, I was super calm, muttering under my breath. Eventually I got rid of the main, and pulled my reserve handle at about 50ft. Look up. And there are my risors, and a big beautiful white slider, and absolutely nothing above that. Did my checks, and landed my big slider in the pit.

The other night I dreamt I had to do a delta, but I had a creeper with me. The plan was to hug the creeper to my chest, riding it like a boogie board, and work on my legs. :S:S It went well, until pull time. I couldn't figure out how to pull without letting go of the creeper, every time I moved my right arm, the creeper would start flapping like crazy. So I kinda flipped over into a sit of sorts, with my legs wrapped around the creeper, deployed, and then the damn thing disappeared into thin air.

Very odd.:P

Kerry

Flying head down with my buddy Mick, a 220lb green Plasticine (Playdough) parrot. Mick flys off the wingtip on the ride to altitude, then joins us on the dive, and fly's off my wingtip under canopy. He flies off at 1000 ft.

Whipped us all in a tracking dive recently...

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I like the dreams where the female pilot flashes the jumpers to see if its okay to go a bit higher.....B|

Happens all the time in my world!

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I had a great one recently where I was jumping birdman with a couple of friends except we were flying around, up and over this big spagetti junction type road intersection, just playing around like you see birds do. Then they both deployed but I kept flying the wingsuit, buzzing around and geeking them under canopy - cool! :)
Gus

OutpatientsOnline.com

my favorite dream was I have a normal jump, and I go to pull, and have a total, then i try to pull the reserve, but te handle is stuck. I keep fighting it and finally it coems out, but I have a total on the reserve. I'm reaching back, trying to get it to open, hitting it with my elbows, etc. at this point, I'm really scared, but calm. at about 100 feet, I can see everything on the ground, people pointin g, etc. my reserve comes out, opens and i crash/PLF in the peas.

Skip

I am in the city, flying around amongst the buildings with no parachute at all. I line up next to my building and swoop in, standing upright and gently landing on the ground. It was a great dream, since I didn't have to worry about a gear check: I could fly with no gear.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

I was doing a solo jump and came off the plane into a backflip. When I tried to arch my body wouldn't do it so I was falling on my back. Somehow I ended up in a sit position when Sandor and Alan caught up with me. Alan grabbed my arm and we spun and he threw me. I finally looked at my altimeter, but it wasn't on my wrist so I looked down. When I did I went belly to earth but was only about 500 from the ground. I immediately pulled silver and the reserve took forever to open. It finally opened about 50 ft off the ground. I found my self on a down hill slope with a fence running across it about every 100 ft. When I flared the canopy did not lose forward speed, so I was swooping and heading fast for a fence. I ended up making a carving swoop almost into a u-turn came to a stand up landing. My rigger ran over to me and asked what the hell I was doing. He inspected my reserve and it had a lot of slits across the top like the parachute ride at six flags.

Blue Skies
Steve
Ok, so it's pink, but I'm secure in my manhood, and I still look cool coming in under it!

One situation I've been imagining recently: (in fact, half of it is quite realistic, because I am planning to always book airplane seats next to an exit, and I am planning to always have my rig with me in the airplane... as soon as I own a rig...)

I'm flying a commercial flight to, wherever, let's say New Zealand (always wanted to live there, still want). We're somewhere above the ocean. An engine dies or something is wrong with the controls; the airplane starts falling. It's not nose-down, but obviously it will crash in several minutes. Everyone is in panic... except me ;) I quickly put on the rig, alti & full-face helmet. Then I open the door I'm next to... (first I have to find out how to do it, but I can watch the flight attendant close the door back at the airport, and then reverse the actions) Here comes a problem -- we're so high, that all the air in the fuselage is sucked out with tremendous force, and so I have to think of a way not to be thrown out violently. And another problem is the lack of oxygen, but that can be solved with the masks that fall out of the ceiling... Ok, so most of the air is gone, and the pressures inside and outside are equal now, and the only problem with the jump is that the airliner is flying 5-8 times faster than an average Cessna on a jump-run. So I just have to find enough courage to jump out and hope the wind won't kill me and I won't hit the stabilizers in the back of the plane.
Now I'm watching the altitude, assuming that my alti was zeroed at a level that's within a couple of thousand feet from the Mean sea level... So we were initially at 35,000 feet right? So now we're at 20... 18... at about 15 grand I... no I don't say prayers, don't expect anything like that from me... I close my eyes, take a short run and jump out...

If i'm still alive and conscious five seconds after that, I find myself making the worst and the best skydive ever possible, at the same time... Worst because those 200 people onboard are going to die in half a minute, but best because I'm about the only person in the world to jump in such conditions. I gain stability, and deploy immediately - the idea is to land as close to the crash site as possible, so that the rescue teams can find me. So I nead maximum amount of altitude under canopy as possible.
...the canopy opens at 8,000... a perfect canopy overhead, not even a minor malfunction. Indeed, I can't have that much bad luck in one day. What I'm seeingis the most surreal picture imaginable - I'm under canopy, watching the airliner fall into the water. There is no fire. Debris all over the place. There is a slight hope that someone has survived, because the main parts of the craft are above water, yet...
In 10 minutes I land in water, a hundred meters away from the plane, or what's left from it. Upo touching the water I cutaway. Drowning tangled in the lines after surviving an airplane crash would be the most stupid death ever... I find a floating piece of debris, which becomes my home for a couple of days, until the rescue crews find me...alive, though starving.
The end.

----
You may find it stupid, ridiculous, cynical... Of course I don't dream that the airplane I'm on will ever crash. What I dream of is to survive in case it does.

I ALWAYS get paranoid on a plane when I do not have a rig on my back.

Until Recently I did not know.. that you could even take your rig with you on a commercial flight as carryon.. I always assumed that after DB Cooper a parachute on the plane with you was a big time no no....

Amazon

Sittin here in Seattle.. lookin out the window.. at the !@$%%$% RAIN on a day off work

and absolutely nothing above that. Did my checks, and landed my big slider in the pit.

ROTFLMAO
I don't know why but that struck me as incredibly funny.
I've had two myself...one where I had a bad lineover, went for the chop, chopped, went for the reserve, pulled it, and woke up right then, sitting up straight with my left arm held straight out in a gripping fist. My first slightly confused thought was looking at my fist knowing I hadn't let go, thinking "where the hell did the handle go?"

The other was this dream where I just knew that if I got REALLY wide I could not just slow down to minimum speed, but reach a dead stop at will. It seemed perfectly normal to be able to do so. Proceeded to do so and buzz the dz a couple times. I was annoyed because I knew if I landed I wouldn't be able to get back up again and I wanted to just fly home at a couple hundred feet altitude and come back for the car later. I was also a bit worried about people seeing me do it and sending the police to chase me and arrest me when I landed for flying over the highway and causing a hazard by distracting motorists. So after I DID land I drove home anyway just so I wouldn't attract attention.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I dream about skydiving pretty often.:)

But mostly I have cool dreams, B|B|I do perfect headdown and know exactly how to swoop perfectly. Or I can fly in the sky for hoursB|, until I get bored and want to land.

One funny dream was when I were about to do the first jump at this new dropzone. We did a cool freeflyjump that went well, but at break-off things got complicated.:S I had lots of people above me, tracking in the same direction.:o I tried to track longer just to get rid of them, but they don´t pull until about 400 meter.

I´m at 200 meter and I thought it was too low for the main. But, I have also seen I´m very near the forest, and if I pull my reserve, which was round in the dream, I would probably land in a tree. And have to repack it. So I decide not to pull at all.

After the soft landing, I realized I didn´t follow the regulations:o, and I unpack my main and hope that no one saw me:). But they did, and I get a serious talk with the guy responsible for safety at the dz. He is really mad>:(, and doesn´t understand my explanation and tell me not to do any more no-parachute landings at his dz...

Wow, looks like I have to "correct" my dreams a little bit. When I was talking about opening the door of the airliner, I didn't know this was possible... http://www.msnbc.com/news/911372.asp
Most or all passengers sucked out because of depressurization! I might have been charged with multiple homicide had I done anything like that... yikes