skydiverek

* Wingsuit flight, 7 feet above the ground!!! (video attached) *

You have got to be f**king kidding me!!! :o

I am at a loss for words. On the side shot it looks like his legs are slightly bent to "fly" himself to match the slope of the hill.

One question for the participants, is the idea here that he wanted to see if he could fly the hill/slope as a prelude for trying to land it???? It sill looks impossible to survive given he is hualling ass down the hill. The idea of landing though seems a little bit closer to being a possibility after seeing the video....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I remeber talking to Adrian about something similar.
He was flying camera for patrick thru the grand canyon when it suddenly dawned on him that he was too low to deploy.:o
So he had no option but to keep flying "over the next ridge" till he got some free air......The video then was just as stunning as this stuff.

I'm figuring that Loic kept his suit flying over the ridge till he could get sufficient "ground separation" to safely deploy his canopy.
crazy stuff indeed!
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

No, actually I'm referring to an incident in France.

The jumper exited from a 1100' cliff and pulled extremely low. He impacted at linestretch so there was some deceleration, but not much, as the slider was still stowed in the canopy.

I understand he was injured badly and required spine surgery.

I know it doesn't fit the typical definition of, "landing", but it does show how close people are to being able to achieve this goal. Could you survive an impact at linestretch without a wingsuit...?

Could you survive an impact at linestretch without a wingsuit...?

Actually you can.
People have survived, when hitting the ground without anything (main or reserve or anyhting at all) trailing behind them. they were on the edge of staying alive, but they survived...
Well at least so i heard.
"George just lucky i guess!"