does anyone here jump for free?

sometimes, but my DZO wouldn't like me to tell it in public... he is married and has children... it could endanger his couple.. :P
yes, sometimes, I'm a bastard... doing some video... even getting paid for it
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

I'm not sure about free jumps but if you think about it, most people who work as camera fliers, aff instructors and tandem masters have their jumps paid for. Of course they're still working and damn hard too. Being on back to back loads, etc all day can't be easy.

blues

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I'm not sure about free jumps but if you think about it, most people who work as camera fliers, aff instructors and tandem masters have their jumps paid for. Of course they're still working and damn hard too. Being on back to back loads, etc all day can't be easy.

blues

i know some camera flyers on tandems that have to pay their own slot. Is this not the norm?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Being on back to back loads, etc all day can't be easy.

blues

My heart bleeds!

I dream about being able to afford to be on back to back loads all day!

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

Most of my jumps in the last year (300+?) have been free as a team cameraman.

Bastard? Maybe. But a HAPPY bastard :PB|
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Being on back to back loads, etc all day can't be easy.

blues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart bleeds!

I dream about being able to afford to be on back to back loads all day!

Doing 18 tandems in a day isn't even close to doing 18 4-way jumps or 18 free-fly jumps in a day.....

Derek

For that matter even 5 or 6 tandems in a day really can kill the desire to make 5 fun jumps too. Tandems are fun... but they are work too. Doing video is'nt much better, running around like your heads cut off seems to be a requirement of video flyers. Think about it... you've got to be there to film all the critical parts of the ground stuff for the tandem, then you have to film the other ground stuff for the video, then the take off, etc. Film the jump, your landing, their landing, the after jump comments. Run edit the video (thats 10-15 minutes alone), pack your rig and meet the next person. If they are trying to rush the tandems you've got to pay a packer to pack while you edit. Lots of confusion...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I often make working jumps. I get my slot covered at Rantoul for organizing low timers, and I get paid for doing AFF. I get my jumps covered at Otay because I installed their solar electric system. There's a lot of barter that goes on at drop zones; I wouldn't call those jumps free but I don't pay money for them.