freeryde13

a liscense hell

i passed aff pretty good, got that whole profeciency card filled out, and am learning to skydive pretty good if i do say so myself. i got 35 jumps and can't figure out how to get the a liscense. a few different dzs told me there ued to be a test and now there isn't. another told me they're not sure. i called the uspa and they said i have to take either a written or oral test, but they couldn't give it to me over the phone..... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! moth&%%$#@@#*^%%$#@@!!!!! i hate paper work and legal shit of any kind in this world.

do i really need to have any FU@##$#@ liscense any way. all i want to do is jump and hve fun and get better and mre knowledgeable and safer. skydiveing is so much funner after completing that profeciency card.

if i keep going and get a few hundred jumps and never get the liscense. will any dz really not let mr jump. i've been to a few and haven't been turned down. is it this frustrating to get all the other levels too....or is it just that i'm really bad at paper work.

AAAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people see me as a challenge to their balance

Yes you need a license. You must manifest your jumps if you want to jump with others at a DZ. Also if you are planning to keep your USPA status, it is a must. If you wish to go to boogies, and Rantoul(WFFC) you actually need a B license. Many people do the necessary paperwork, it can't be that difficult. You are just frustrated. Get some rest because you are wasting your energy by allowing it to make you angry, and address it with a fresh state of mind. If you did AFF, you can ace this challenge. I understand the need to vent, but the requirements exist for a reason.-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

I had something like 90 jumps before I got my A license. I know some DZ's will help you with your proficiency card without a license, but to just show up and manifest most USPA DZ's willl require it. Eloy asks for your license before they even let you fill out the paper work. OR You can just get your 500 jumps done, take the B,C,&D exams all at once, find an instructor and S&TA to evaluate you, and just do the paper work once.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

There is no written test anymore, there is an oral exam to be given by an instructor. If everything on your card is signed, then you can fax that in (and a CC#) to the USPA and you'll get a number. Go ahead and get the number, you'll be glad you have it someday. Hell, I still sign logbooks with my number sometimes.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

generally an S&TA axes you a couple questions then stamps you card. the card is good as an A license even without faxing it in or spending any money. but if you don't fax it in for a number you better not lose it.
namaste, motherfucker.

getting ur A is not that hard..There is not much so called paper work,and u having through AFF ur intructors should be able to direct u to the proper process of getting ur A..Having ur A lic is a good thing it will open up to u oppurtunities to travel to diff DZ's without much hassel..And i must agree with some of the other post the first thing u need to do is relax,,u should have learned that going through AFF,,take a breath and enjoy all that u have to look forward to..Be safe keep going forward and never stop learning,,u can never know too much,when u stop learning u stop living
If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky

Another perfect example of schools not following students all the way through to their base level of proficiency: the A-license. Listen, if all the tasks on your card are filled out, including the A-license check dive, then all you need is the verbal exam in order to recieve your A-stamp on your card. That stamp (on your fully-completed card) isyour license. Go to your instructors at your school and get this fixed. If they give you a dumb look, PM me and I will call them and talk to them.

Chuck Blue
D-12501
AFF/SL/TM-I, BMCI, PRO, S&TA

Well, Skydiving is demanding on patience. Consider this as an exercise towards developing some. If you want structure in a sport with 30000 plus participants you are bound to run into some paper work.
If you want to get better in Skydivng you'll have to rely on a lot on pa·tience. It'll be tested a lot. As for the frustration of not being able to get an answer on how to give the test, well, most folks out here who have a license have managed to give atleast one test and have dealt with the paper work. Make it happen for yourself. You are a Skydiver. You have to be able to deal with a situation that does not present itself well. Read the incidents forum and you'll realize what all you can be subjected too. This is not a safe sport, it's made safe or atleast relatively safe by how you think and act. Figure out how you'll fullfill the requirements of the A license, have fun doing it and go get the license.

>>Just get it stamped at your DZ <<

My dz does not have the stamp, and the signature of the S&TA sufficed. I never got an A, though, I just faxed the signed card with my written test results for the higher levels.

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

You must jump at a pretty crappy DZ if no-one can tell you how to go about getting your license. If your card is indeed filled out, then all you need to do is take a verbal exam that can be given by an instructor, not nescesarily the S&TA ,and then a check dive. Pretty simple really.

Jump Nice
John Wright
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

IMO everyone should get a license. It can only be a benefit, especially if jumping abroad. In the UK, for example, you'll need to produce some sort of license before you can get temporary membership if you're just visiting.

Then again, in the UK they'll probably insist you cant take a dump on a DZ toilet without a helmet and an arse-wiping proficiency certificate.

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

>>Just get it stamped at your DZ <<

My dz does not have the stamp, and the signature of the S&TA sufficed. I never got an A, though, I just faxed the signed card with my written test results for the higher levels.

WHY does not a single Instructor at your dropzone have the A-license stamp which has been available since October 2001 when the ISP and the A-card was implemented? They cost SEVEN dollars through USPA. Jesus Christ!

Hell I have had two of them "walk off" on me, because others were too lazy to buy their own, but each DZ school needs at least one. I finally ended up writing my name on the one I have now so it wouldn't disappear.

Chuck