freeflyfree

What location in the world for the cheapest ticket to altitude?

I know that Gas prices are kind of standard, but would anyone know, In what part of the world
could you jump for the cheapest price? I remember $15 days here in the states...:( Thanks

Felipe.
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

I know that Gas prices are kind of standard, but would anyone know, In what part of the world
could you jump for the cheapest price? I remember $15 days here in the states...:( Thanks

Felipe.

$15 any time in Lodi, California, or $13 in blocks of 50 jumps.

Gas prices may be "standard" but the taxes on them certainly are not.

IVPC (Illinois Valley Parachute Club) held the honor for many years. I remember coming home for a visit and heading out to jump from 9500' for 6$. It's currently $9 but will probably be changing shortly to come in line to what it actually costs to run the plane, but still at a discount.
-----
~~~Michael

Seems to me that I paid about eight dollars for a nice comfy ride to 13 or 14 thousand in a sweet MI-8 at Stupino and Kolumno... (Russia, near Moscow)

Chris

but the price of everything else was even less... so I ate twice as much and drank vodka instead of beer... sacrifices had to be made...

I will testify to the Russian vote.

I did jumps there from 13k for like $US10 including pack...out of an Mi8 chopper as well.

Apparently its the standard DZ price there at the major Dzs...Stupino, Kolomna and (Borki perhaps.)

I have never really figured out why it so cheap there.

The accommodation at Stupino was costing me about USD2 a day..and great meals were USD4.

Is that insane or what?

alot of prices, but not too many people talking about altittude. Skydive Space Center has done $17 jumps from 15,000 - 16,000 the first half of 2004. And that is from a King Air with only 7 minutes to altitude. they recently took it back to $19 for the same jump. and $24 to 18,000 ft.

PcCoder.net

Unfortunately the prices in Some Russian dropzones went up this this weekend (Sep 18 2004). Before it was 300 rubles ($10) for a single jump ticket in Stupino, Kolomna, Borki. In Stupino a bunch of 11 tickets was 2700 rubles , which I used to buy. This gives $8.40 - not bad for 4000 meters. Now single ticket in Stupino went up to 360 rub ($12.3). Are there any quantity discounts I don't know yet, because I got a bunch of 12 tickets with 50% discount as a participant in big formations training. As I heard Kolomna also went up to 360 rubles, but Borki declared that they will stay with 300 till the end of the year.

You see now i cant say how much it costs from there. From San Fran you might even fly round the pacific way o Russia isnt?

From London Heathrow i connected Aeroflot return for about £160 before tax.

You have to do your mathematics i guess. How many of the cheap jumps there you can do before you break even..and then how many more will be profitable in the long run (inclusive of the whole travel and visa etc process). You dont really want to spend more money and get less jumps than you would normally do.

When i went there (old prices) in July after paying for my visa and accommodation i calculated that i would break even at 20 jumps at UK prices. I did about 100 jumps for USD 500.