boachanoff

Funny Russian Skydiving Video...

This musician is a legendary person. Alexander Beloglazoff trained Russian 8-way in 2001, when russians became world champions in this discipline. By the way, 'second plan' roles in this video was played by russian 8-way members.
---------------------------------------
Íàñ ó÷èëè íå æèòü, íàñ ó÷èëè óìèðàòü ñòîÿ.

By the way, 'second plan' roles in this video was played by russian 8-way members.

Even when they're dicking around swinging their arms everywhere, they are still staying on level. I can understand how they were World Champions.

Loved the chunk exit, too.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

So I come home from work - click to download it - go get some clothes to change into, come back and find the video playing. I had my shorts half on and was balancing on one foot when I glanced over and saw the video playing. I laughed, lost my balance and ended up on my ass with my head hitting the hard floor with my clothes half on... I tell you, skydiving can be so dangerous.

T.

I'm a Mac/Unix guy and I can't find a codec that will play it. bummer.

"xine" on FreeBSD played it like a charm.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Um, is that really a biplane they are jumping out of? Anyone know what kind of plane it is?
I am the captain of my soul.

I'm a Mac/Unix guy and I can't find a codec that will play it. bummer.
This works great ;) http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
edit to add: if that doesn't work change the .avi termination to .wmv and tht should work.

Aha! changing the extension worked. I have been a long time user of MPlayer, and VLC, but neither worked until I changed it to .wmv.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Any one noticed the guy with the accordian isn't wearing googles

I know from experience it's not a comfortable feeling

Some people would probably argue that this really depends on your body position. We have an instructor who swears that you can feel quite comfortable flying without goggles if you fly in good mantis (head high). The theory is that you cheeks get pushed up by the relative wind and this creates the low pressure area around your eyes. Sounds pretty reasonable, but I have not yet tried it myself ;)