moth

752 way

As you continue your jumping career, you'll slowly come to the realisation that your instructors are only human. They are not infallible... Sometimes, they even talk out of their asses just like the rest of us do.

This would be such a case.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

This one's been floating(!) around for years. The alleged number of required skydivers changes in each retelling, but the general trend has been upward as freefall speeds have increased.

I'm sure such a thing is possible, so your instructor friend should practice for his hero slot (docking last) on this Guiness event by docking on someone under a round parachute. Be sure to get video.

Mark

i have been told by an instructor that some boffin has worked out that if it was possable to ado a 752 way formation that it would go slow enough to land it
is this possable?

Tell him that BULLSHIT falls out of his mouth at the same fallrate as it comes out of the rear end of the Bull too..... :S:P:D

Note:
The 300way and the 357way was falling about 116 average speed according to my Protrack.

Keepin' it safe!
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

There's also a current board game floating around that's listed answer is that skydivers don't have to breath 'cause they fall fast enough for the oxygen to go through their skin. :)
No kidding....I had a co-worker come up to me on Monday and ask if this was true (she didn't think it was, but had read it on the game's answer card!) :ph34r: I couldn't stop laughing all afternoon....:D

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

i have been told by an instructor that some boffin has worked out that if it was possable to ado a 752 way formation that it would go slow enough to land it
is this possable?

Of course it is possible, what the instructor failed to mention is the 752 way is performed inside a giant wind tunnel (currently being built in Arizona). The wind tunnel operator would slowly reduce the airspeed to bring the formation down onto their bellies.

The hardest part is getting the planes into to the wind tunnel with out crashing thourgh the entrance way, its like flying through a hangar. We have ALL seen how well that works

There's also a current board game floating around that's listed answer is that skydivers don't have to breath 'cause they fall fast enough for the oxygen to go through their skin. :)
No kidding....I had a co-worker come up to me on Monday and ask if this was true (she didn't think it was, but had read it on the game's answer card!) :ph34r: I couldn't stop laughing all afternoon....:D

ltdiver

I am surprised you don't believe it.:o It says just that in the FAQs of at this dropzone.

http://www.339jump.com/faq.html#breathing

I think I read here in the forums that this is the website that was copied by Skyride, so it may be all over the place.:)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

ltdiver

That was in one of the TRIAL PERSUIT editions we have. I almost chocked that it was in there.

That would only be possible if it were a formation of 752 flying pigs.

Wasn't this tried with turkeys in an old WKRP episode? "There's turkeys landing everywhere!! Oh the horror!!"
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

>a 752 way formation that it would go slow enough to land it

When I first heard this (mid 70s) the number was 172.

And the best comeback I heard was that if the rate of
fall gets slower and slower as the formation gets bigger,
until it's finally so slow that you could land a 172 way,
then why not dirt dive a 200 way and float up to altitude?

Skr

is this possable?

absolutly but you need to fly up to 120000 feet inthe shuttle for it to work and since we fall fast enough to absorb oxigen through our skin that will be ok and as we are that much closer to the sun it will be nice and warm, so we can go naked. i think first we should try it on smaller formations though
say a 5 way.
btw what would the break of altitude be on a seven hundred way that your gonna land?
btw #2 gear manufacturers of course will deny this as then they will noy sell any gear ever again so there is a conspiracy of silence,
finnaly if you belive all of the above pm me as i am selling a nice palace in london formerly owned by the queen (marraige forces sale)
heheheheheheh
please feel free to deleet this post
have a good week guys
life is a journey not to arrive at the grave in a pristine condition but to skid in sideways kicking and screaming, shouting "fuck me what a ride!.

Tell him that BULLSHIT falls out of his mouth at the same fallrate as it comes out of the rear end of the Bull too..... :S:P:D

Note:
The 300way and the 357way was falling about 116 average speed according to my Protrack.

Keepin' it safe!
Ed

Probably the theory talks about the formation with no gaps/holes in it - i.e. body next to body. I wrote about this here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=910691#910691

:)

> i have been told by an instructor that some boffin has worked out that if
>it was possable to ado a 752 way formation that it would go slow enough
>to land it.

There was a theory floating around that larger formations fall slower, and if they get big enough they can be landed. Well, the 300 way fell at about 110mph average; the 357 way fell at about 124mph. Draw your own conclusions.

"This is why jumpers flap their cheeks in freefall, it presents a larger surface area to the airstream for oxygen osmosis. Once under canopy, the jumper resumes breathing normally. This is also why jumpers do not jump on cloudy days or when they might risk going through clouds. The moisture in the clouds can condense on their exposed skin surfaces preventing the absorption of the necessary oxygen."

And too think I wasted all that time learning to relax and BREATHE during AFF.

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

For those of us who like carving those crop circle patterns into farm fields, I'm thinking the 752-way-landing method would probably work well for that too. Of course, it might take a couple seasons for such a pattern to grow back over again, and the organizer better know his shit to avoid sending the wrong signals to the Martians.

The glass isn't always half-full OR half-empty. Sometimes, the glass is just too damn big.