reddevil1

How much did you spend in 2004 on skydiving

Let's see...

AFP + 60 more jumps + new rig + accessories + beer = way way way too much!

I'd say around $7500. :o
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Well, let's see... one long road trip from FL to IL that included Summerfest at SDC and WFFC, one short road trip from FL to GA for the JFTC calendar photo shoot (including rental car), one flight from FL to CA for the Perris Memorial Day boogie, one flight from FL to CA for Byron Boogie, one trip to Eloy for Holiday Boogie, one new jumpsuit, some tunnel time, some jumps, some beer... A couple grand I guess.

Which really sucks when I realize I spent all that and made less than 50 jumps all year. :S :D

well i spent 4000 in the past month so god knows how much has gone. hey it was one hell of a trip but worth it. Plus i am fixing to spend another 3000 on canopies, got to have that second rig, the mirage is on its way.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com
don't sweat the small stuff, in fact don't sweat at all,, you get smelly!!

ORFUN #2

I try not to think about it too much.:D

Between my hubby and me, between 7 and 8 thousand (CAD). Much less than the previous two years, which included gear and student progressions. This year I fully intend on spending more! More jumps, more boogies, and with any luck a new canopy. B|

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

$0.00:ph34r:

Derek

Okay, let's ask how much you made off of skydivers:ph34r:

Damn, there is no way I want to know how much I spent.

A new rig, and lots of airline tickets, three road trips, one being a month long........gee the list goes on and on.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

$0.00:ph34r:

Derek

Okay, let's ask how much you made off of skydivers:ph34r:

Damn, there is no way I want to know how much I spent.

A new rig, and lots of airline tickets, three road trips, one being a month long........gee the list goes on and on.

But at least we appreciated some of your trips!:)

Hi, my name is Derek, and I'm not a junky anymore:ph34r:

Conway, don't get too comfortable, now that I know how to get to your DZs:ph34r::ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I would say I about broke even between paid jumps and fun jumps.

you got some poor suckers to PAY for your jumps?! hahaahahhaha.... oh... wait a second....

i won't calculate how much i spent, but probably over $6k (including a brand new canopy, jumpsuit, and some other gear, boogie expenses, and jumps). :)

I don't think the amounts go high enough to show a difference. Most people that jump every weekend will spend over $2k (unless THEY are PAID to jump).

A 100 jump package is anywhere between $1400 & $2000 & that's so easy to run through in a season as short as ours is in chicago. many people buy or update gear, which is from $100s to $1000s easily. Then there's coaching or other team costs. And that's not even considering jumps done away from home, registration costs, or travel expenses...

for me, including my own brand new made for me gear, easily over $7k in '04. and i didn't get to do or buy everything i really wanted - not even a new helmet.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Well let's see... probably the lowest amount I've ever spent in one year since I started skydiving, because I didn't make any plane trips to a boogie, and didn't go too far to drive to one, plus several well paid demos helped out a bit... throw in $1000 for the almost new Lightning canopy and $550 for the rig and reserve to go with it, I'd say I at least spent a total of $3000 or so on skydiving overall...

I don't even want to think about how much my 350 jumps (all paid for) cost me in 1997! :o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban