whats the average and highest exit altitude you get AGL?

Standard is 15K, 18K for a few bucks more when a tandem is going, and about once a month we do a load to 24K. Proud to be a turbine snob.

ain't life grand? When we're slumming, we settle for 13k at neighboring DZs. Below that is done voluntarily for HnPs.

12500-13000. I used to be all over 16K+ jumps on regular loads, but I guess I'm getting older, because I worry more about people getting hypoxic and causing each other grief than getting the extra 10 seconds of freefall.

Do you get to decide the exit altitude bill?

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

We get 10K, maybe 11K on rare occasions out of our Cessna 182WB's with field elevation 1200'MSL.

Used to get 8-9k at LP, now that I'm doing more at Bozeman, we average 5k AGL due to the heat making the density around 10k and an old plane...:( but when the tandems aren't out sometimes they'll take us up to 8k...yay! ;)

Hey mt_skydiver, look how much we have in common: We both 1. get lower jumps than all these people 2. got our A licenses on probably the same day and 3. both work in EMS. Plus I grew up not far from where you are now. Am I your evil twin? I didn't know you could jump in Bozeman, I'll have to look you guys up next time I'm in the area.

Demonknite...
exaclty the same thing that happend to me and fitz. It was crap, no one was helpful and we were practically ignored. Where is a good, friendly DZ her in the UK to go and jump a weekend without all the local bulls%$#?
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

>Do you get to decide the exit altitude bill?

Sometimes I have some control over it. When I organize big-ways I can often choose the altitude. On smaller loads, bitching about going above 15K sometimes works to keep altitudes lower; sending the chick up to flash the pilot sometimes gets us higher.

Normally 15k and change. I average 2-3 18K's each weekend.

DZ Elevation 800 ft

Trip to 15k 7 minutes
Trip to 18k 9-10 minutes

God bless the turbeen

I'm excited about this weekend - I "get to jump" a 182.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

DZ Elevation 800 ft

Trip to 15k 7 minutes
Trip to 18k 9-10 minutes

Which DZ is that? Highest point in Florida is well below 800ft.

Love those climbing speeds. Though except when I had a Neptune on loan, I only think of climbing as fast, normal, and damn slow.

Jumping a 182 is NOT exciting, but boring by comparison.

Think of it this way - It's 97 degrees F on the ground and you're gonna be back in 13 minutes or less - now balance that against a nice leisurely ride to altitude in a 182.

Boring and Cool

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

Jumping a 182 is NOT exciting, but boring by comparison.

Think of it this way - It's 97 degrees F on the ground and you're gonna be back in 13 minutes or less - now balance that against a nice leisurely ride to altitude in a 182.

Boring and Cool

awwww. 172's are even better ;):P