UntamedDOG

12K vs 15K loads

First of all, most piston-engined jump planes get sluggish above 9,000 feet.

That isn’t my problem. It’s a design flaw by the manufacturer. Why use planes that don’t work? Perhaps a turbo Cessna 206 would be the answer. You don’t open a dropzone if you can’t get to altitude. It’s just that simple. If your car doesn’t have a fast engine, don’t get mad when you lose the race.

15K should be the standard altitude. If a DZ is above sea level, they should equip their jump planes with oxygen.

want some cheese with that?

MB 3528, RB 1182

Ok, so please understand that this isn't a personal attack or some kind of threat...but I just have to know...

How many beatings have you had from those that you antagonize in life, and has any of them been from skydivers ?

I just can't seem to understand someone will all your negativity and shit stirrings hasn't illicited a carnal vengance reaction on someone's part.

If anything, being banned from one of the biggest DZ's in the world that is easy as hell to blend into has to be some kind of signal that you cannot ignore, if you have any kind of conscious whatsoever.

How many beatings have you had from those that you antagonize in life, and has any of them been from skydivers ?

I've been put in the hospital 3 times.

I just can't seem to understand someone will all your negativity and shit stirrings hasn't illicited a carnal vengance reaction on someone's part.

Humans are funny creatures. They are like bunny rabbits!

If anything, being banned from one of the biggest DZ's in the world that is easy as hell to blend into has to be some kind of signal that you cannot ignore, if you have any kind of conscious whatsoever.

My persona consists of 1 part ego, 2 parts intellect and 3 parts smug. Old habits are hard to break. I guess I’m just to colorful.

we have an old cessna and it only goes to 9.5 maybe 10.5 on a good day if your lucky.

Wow, that is terrible. I didn't realize how many people lived in the dark ages. Come to Perris and I will gladly introduce you to this new thing we have, it's called "turbine" technology.

we have an old cessna and it only goes to 9.5 maybe 10.5 on a good day if your lucky.

Wow, that is terrible. I didn't realize how many people lived in the dark ages. Come to Perris and I will gladly introduce you to this new thing we have, it's called "turbine" technology.

But I thought you said you were banned from there?

Yah, I've heard it all before. Why doesn't anyone ever get pissed about the lack of altitude in Southern California? Man, people just don't care about quality amenities.

Count yourself lucky that you get to go as high as 13.5k and jump at DZ's like Perris Valley amongst others. We only get to jump on weekends here and only get 11k. Granted we do have Porter and a King Air whereas other parts of SA only have Cessnas.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

You can't illicit vengeance on someone or something that hides. I am sure he would be less vocal if his real name was known.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

You can't illicit vengeance on someone or something that hides. I am sure he would be less vocal if his real name was known.

Sparky

Ohhh....so the name is fake, and no one knows him by his real persona at the DZ?

How sad to walk around in life, talking so poorly of others and such, yet have to mingle with those that you despise, and vise versa.

Sounds like someone that will die alone, as no one would share in such an existance with him.

Oh well! Not my problem.........!:)

Yep, I live a stale, miserable life. It’s all because I can’t get to 15K. Speaking of which, has anyone thought about how we can get our planes to go to 15K? Anybody?

Uh, pay more money and guarantee 10 loads a day of other jumpers that will, too? That's why some folks don't even have turbines.

Open your own DZ? That'd be hiliarious.

Move to NorCal? (probably won't work - our dropzones are smaller and "poor" behavior is more noticeable)

---
You have yet to explain why you need the extra 10 seconds of freefall, btw. Nice, but thousands of jumpers seem to do fine without it.

Move to NorCal? (probably won't work - our dropzones are smaller and "poor" behavior is more noticeable)

He He! NorCal rocks. I love the jump scene up there. It seems a bit more laid back than the SoCal thing. I enjoy this because everyone in SoCal is so damn serious. I suppose Perris draws a lot of hard core jumpers.

Oh, and of course, it's easy to get to 15K. They don't look for bullshit excuses.

>Speaking of which, has anyone thought about how we can get our
>planes to go to 15K? Anybody?

I went to 16.5K all last weekend at Perris. Where were you?

He was at the boat shop, getting his troll motor fixed.:o:$

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Do you actually enjoy skydiving??? everytime you post your so negative about it all, if it all annoys you so much, why do it?

just getting my 2 pennys worth!!!

LittleDJ!!- There is no such thing as a perfectly good aircraft!!!

Isnt he banned from Perris? Atleast thats what he's posted elsewhere.

Nonono... That was 2 months ago. Now he is back there complaining daily about the toilet situation, how 13K is crappy, and why hasnt the DC9 taken jumpers yet, while making every load and visiting friends trailers.
Remster

Yes, it is illegal to levy a surcharge on credit cards.

I don't think it's illegal, at least here in California; however, it *is* against Visa/MC's merchant policies. Think about it: if the merchants all charged surcharges for credit cards, consumers would be that much more motivated not to use the credit cards for purchases. That's obviously not in the credit card companies' best interests, particularly if you notice all the incentives (air miles, rebates, etc.) they throw our way to use them for just about everything.

"Cash Discount" is a semantic workaround.

Some states and countries, however, have laws that prevent enforcement of the no-surcharge policy, so you'll see this vary by region.

A business has to pay a 3-5% extra charge for us using a credit card, so if they didn't 'pass the charge' onto us they would actually be losing money for each credit card transaction.

Losing money? The only time a sale is losing money is when the product is sold for less than cost.

Accepting credit cards allows for an increase in revenues thanks to sales which would not have occurred otherwise. That's *additional revenue*. The surcharge is simply expensed as cost-of-sales, a nicely predictable cost at that. And most successful retail merchants with whom I've interacted have seamlessly accounted for this cost of sale within their pricing model, making it imperceptible to (and rather convenient with regard to payment options for) the consumer.

And anyone paying 3-5% for credit card transactions is getting fucked. Costco resells Nova merchant services for 1.67% + $.20 per transaction for card-present transactions: a pittance compared to other marketing and sales costs.

Isnt he banned from Perris? Atleast thats what he's posted elsewhere.

Nonono... That was 2 months ago. Now he is back there complaining daily about the toilet situation, how 13K is crappy, and why hasnt the DC9 taken jumpers yet, while making every load and visiting friends trailers.

So I am assuming you jump at Perris Remster. If you know for a fact that he was banned and is now back, how hard would it be to find out his identity by asking the DZO who he banned 2 months ago? Or do you already know his real identity? Care to share with us, so we can avoid such a person?