buzi

pulling low

The video I saw on Airtec the four way was lower than 1500 for sure (their cypreses deployed just a couple seconds after breakoff) they did chose to track, which resulted in cypres fire instead of manual deployment.

was that the video of a french team in Empuriabrava ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

do you have a link for the video ?? The french team was south east of the DZ, over the city.

edited to add :
if it is THIS video www.cypres.cc/Downloads/6_8_Videos/6-8-2%20tripple_CYPRES_activation.mov, well YES, this is Empuria.. you're just not used to see it so close and not right above the DZ. You can see the roundabout where the Police station is, and also a couple of frames of the runway just by the main road to Rosas.

Re-edited for typos because it's almost 2AM here.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Don't waste time turning or tracking...Deploy.

Think about it this way...

Turn (1-2 seconds) thats 176-352 feet wasted. Your buddies are not going to know what the hell you are doing.

Deploy...You are already starting to stop..And your buddies know something bad this way comes.

THEY can decide to turn, track, or pull in place. But you just saved them 176-352 feet to decide...And more importantly..YOU deployed. Don't play the hero, when low get a canopy out and let them know something is up.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Like Stratostar said, there's low, really low, and Holy F#@$%!

Really low, I'll wave, pull, and backslide away while it opens. Lower than that, I'll just pull.

My wife and I made 3-4 jumps with one of the South Pole jumpers before he went down and went in. Maybe the 12,5 jumps lulled him into being complacent at the Pole. Definitely not as much working time. A real shame, and very preventable.

What if the person opposing you has the same exact thought at the same exact time?

...BIGUN
SkyFest

Chances are your canopies are not going to open at exactly the same speed. One might snivel more than the other, etc.. So you will have vertical separation from one another

... do you know any specs ( obviously no dyters).

Not necessarily true. I know of a four-way team where each person had a regular altimeter and a Dytter/Pro-Track. Let's just say that they found themselves under four reserves all of a sudden. B|
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

I"m not sure if this is in the right forum area. I was just thinking back to a question on my B license and not sure if I remember the right answer. Question was : You're doing a four way and realize you are very low (didn't say how low) do you :

Was that a USPA B license test?
Owned by Remi #?

Yea, I can see it, we all live thur the in the dirt f**k up only to have the other 3 pissed I didn't wave off and turn/track.
Somebody's going to punched in the mouth!:P

~

Fuck 'em. Two kinds of skydivers. The quick and the dead.

That's what I was taught anyway...

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Fuck 'em. Two kinds of skydivers. The quick and the dead.

That's what I was taught anyway...

t

You're right, Tonto. If you are approaching 1000 ft every second counts and if you turn and track your friends (while they all look at each other to figure out what you are doing THEN look at their altimeters) will have the decision made for them as their AADs fire. This will be "in place" and therefore nobody has any options.
Then again, think about your friends that jump without AADs.

Take a look at www.skydivingmovies.com > Freeflying > low1.wmv
Yes, these guys were not smart for freeflying from 3500 ft. But the only thing that got the attention the cameraman was his friend dumping in a sit. Cameraman rolls over, sees trees and tiny pebbles on the ground, dumps and JUST has a canopy open at 500 ft. Obviously an exaggerated example, but the 2 seconds to roll over and even try to track by the friend would have robbed the cameraman of that 500 ft of altitude.

Is there anything in my post that contradicts that?

Not at all! Your post was excellent! Agreeing with you big guy - just putting it in condensed format.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Since "buddy" has already demonstrated his lack of altitude awareness by "sucking us down" this low, chances of him deploying at exactly the same second as me are slim.

Chock it up to lack of experience if this seems like a silly post/reply/question...but...

YOUR lack of altitude awareness has you in the same position as him so I don't understand why "Buddy" couldn't possibly have the same thought as you?

You say "Buddies" lack of altitude awareness "sucked you down" that low but if you had altitude awareness why would you allow yourself to go so low with him?
Derec Davies
Big_Red