skydived19006

The Kansas City Skydiving Center, What Will Be The Affect?

Yes, he says he has 5000 jumps with a camera on his head shooting pictures, I'll check with USPA and the FAA for the regulation that says that this qualifies you to operate or manage a DZ.

While your checking, see if you can find the place where it says someone with 5000 jumps isn't qualified to operate a DZ.

or are you operating under the asumption that if you blow one guy you are a cock sucker? And of course we all know the larger the DZ you jump at the more crediable your jumps are! Right?

Wow, did you go to upstairs hollywood medical college too?

did a little research at the DZ last weekend, got the DZO to go online and do some checking with USPA....

Good job! Great way to spend your time. While your at it, see if you can find out if DB Cooper had a valid USPA membership at the time of the highjacking.

Your posts remind me of a Howard Stern show. I don't want to listen, but I can't tune it out. It's just too absurd.

Maybe if you and your DZO spent more time thinking about what's missing at your DZ and less time sniping at the competition, you wouldn't be where you are now.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

also checked on the new DZO Joanna Ericksmoen not a USPA member? How was she jumping at crosskeys? If we are going to complain about what is fair and right, than we should air all of the truths! Anyone here explan this? I would like to know!

The Kansas City Skydiving Center will require that all licensed jumpers be a current member of The United States Parachute Association. There will be no exceptions to this rule. We will have temporary USPA memberships available for visiting jumpers. By the way, Hugh, you may have an easier time finding information on myself or my wife (USPA# 164664, D-25772, Senior Rigger, and Static Line Instructor) if you spelled Eriksmoen correctly. If you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail or call. See you all April 1st!

Blue Skies,
Paul Eriksmoen

USPA# 164664
Last: Johnston
First: Joanna F
Membership expires: 8/31/2005
Licenses: A-036385
Licenses: C-031607
Licenses: D-025772
Ratings & Expirations: I 08/31/03
Region: Eastern

You may have a hard time finding this information no matter how you spell Eriksmoen (sp?) I believe the information you were searching for, Mr. Janus, will be listed on USPA under Joanna Johnston, her maiden name.

It appears she has not jumped in awhile but after reading all her posts under "jjrainyday" one can understand why. I found the posts "have you ever used your hook knife?" and "Pilates & Yoga" anywhere from informative to interesting.

"The Prez"

I am not sure about tickets, but I bet we could get a bookie to make some odds on whats going to happen..

I have my money on the new DZ will open and thier plane will take happy skydivers to 13,000 feet of fun!

Besides that it gives the locals something to talk about, just look one person that claims to be a local made it to these fourms and makes post under tresspassing1 or some B.S. like that!

Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Besides that it gives the locals something to talk about, just look one person that claims to be a local made it to these fourms and makes post under tresspassing1 or some B.S. like that!

Joe

Well, I’d bet that damn near every single townie knows that Skydiving is coming to Harrisonville!B| I only wish I could say that 90% of people within a 50 mile radius of Wichita knew my DZ existed! To get that kind of publicity I’d either have to spend a whole bunch of money, or have someone kill themselves, but I’m not convinced that either of those would do the trick.:S

Maybe a good death with a little mystery and intrigue might do it. Mr. Plumb did it, at the DZ, with a syringe of supper glue.:ph34r:

Then maybe in court Mr. Plumb >:( could mount a good ol west style defense of “He needed Killin’”

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I've been waiting for the right moment to jump into this fray.

I'm a local KC area skydiver who can't wait for a new dz to open that has a turbine aircraft. I'm not shocked that the local dz owners tried to pile on the new place BEFORE IT EVEN OPENED UP.

The next meeting of the Harrisonville Board of Alderman is Tuesday, Feb 21 at 7 PM. I contacted the city administrator, Ms. Diana Wright, and let her know that a few area skydivers might show up for this meeting just to see what is REALLY going on, who is really saying what, and to insure that the board has some ACCURATE and TRUTHFUL info on what this sport is all about. Ms Wright let me know that we are all welcome, although the seating capacity of the room is about 60, including the mayor and council. The board will address some other issues first, and they have left the skydiving discussion for last.....some people concerned with earlier issues will probably be asked to leave early to allow the skydiver contingent to be seated, if there are a lot of us.

SO....I recommend that ANY local KC area jumpers who would like to show some support for this new operation SHOW UP and voice your opinion. I will be getting back from a short trip out of state that afternoon, but I will make a beeline from the airport to Harrisonville city hall if at all possible to make my loud and obnoxious presence known.

City hall is at 300 E Pearl St, Harrisonville, MO. If you have questions call Ms Wright at 816-380-8900.

Diana told me that a representative from USPA will also be there to attempt to answer any questions from the board ( the government relations guy, can't remember his name). I think this is GREAT news as the board will now be able to get some unbiased information as opposed to the slanted and biased crap they are getting from the local dz owners.

I will be at the door issuing boxing gloves, helmets and baseball bats for everyone to use in the post-meeting discussion out in the parking lot!!

Don't miss this drama.....Don't you just love to skydive in KANSAS CIY!!!!!?????

Best wishes and blue skies to everyone who has gotten in their two cents on this issue.

AS we used to say in my fighter pilot days:
"FIGHT'S ON!!"

P.S. We are looking for a place to have a few friendly beers afterwards, if anyone has a suggestion.

After reading in the paper of the parachute place in our town I wish to know what the parachute jumper say. A neighbor helped us get this place on the computer so we could read. After I have read the letters here it makes me more sure that I do not want this parachute place near my home. So many people say bad things and than the flyboy says he will start a fight at the city hall with ball bats. Why do you have to act this way for a parachute place? If you want to be here why do you make threats? I think the united states was a good place in the past for the young people but now they treat eveybody bad and do drugs and drink. I dont want to be hurt by this parachute place or have it make my town a bad place. Iam sorry if you think that iam wrong.
Herold Reynolds

After reading in the paper of the parachute place in our town I wish to know what the parachute jumper say. A neighbor helped us get this place on the computer so we could read. After I have read the letters here it makes me more sure that I do not want this parachute place near my home. So many people say bad things and than the flyboy says he will start a fight at the city hall with ball bats. Why do you have to act this way for a parachute place? If you want to be here why do you make threats? I think the united states was a good place in the past for the young people but now they treat eveybody bad and do drugs and drink. I dont want to be hurt by this parachute place or have it make my town a bad place. Iam sorry if you think that iam wrong.
Herold Reynolds

If you knew skydivers, you would also know he was joking.;)

you should go to the meeting and meet these people. skydivers are usually free spirits. they are human, and just like you and your next door neighbor, good people. take the time to meet them and you are sure to love them.:)

Herold Reynolds

If you knew skydivers, you would also know he was joking.;)

you should go to the meeting and meet these people. skydivers are usually free spirits. they are human, and just like you and your next door neighbor, good people. take the time to meet them and you are sure to love them.:)

Just to add, skydivers come from every walk of life from former F16 pilots, and current airline pilots (flyboy6554), doctors, lawyers, car salesmen (we must work to forgive these social deviants), construction workers, business owners, computer geeks, EMTs, current military servicemen, and women, 18 to 80, you name it, and yes even farmers skydive.

To give you a little perspective, I’m sure that any job, bowling league, ball team, social club, PTA, (fill in the group organization), there’s always politics involved. For the most part the guys (and girls) that want to come out to the DZ on the weekend and make a few skydives just for the fun of it would prefer not to even be involved in Drop Zone politics. Skydiving is actually a lot like fishing, we sit around all day, hang out with our friends at the DZ, and once every hour or two we have a couple of minuets of excitement making a skydive. Unlike fishing though, we do not consume any adult beverage until the last “fish” is caught, and then it’s generally a couple of beers, and we go home to our wives/husbands and children to resume our “normal lives”.

Martin
Air Capital Drop Zone
Wichita
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

You should also go to the Council meeting. You'll have the opportunity to hear what's going on, and meet and see some of the skydivers, and learn what the impact will and won't be. Those are all good things.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Herold Reynolds

Wow Herold... what a statement.. care to tell us who your friend was that pointed you to this site?
We would sure like to meet with you bith and talk to you about what is going on and then you can make an informed choice on things.

Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Herold,

Please understand that you've stumbled into a 'private' discussion between skydivers. It is in a public forum, but the proceedings are really only meant for skydivers, as the topics are generally of interest to skydivers.

The issue at hand is really the conduct between two owners of competing skydiving operations, and is limited to these people. I would say that the actions or behavoirs they are displaying are limited to their actions toward each other.

The general public, local government, and non-involved skydivers would never be treated in the fashion that they are treating each other.

Imagine competing car dealerships. Beofre the doors open in the morning, the owners may complain, and conspire against the guy across town, but once the doors open, the customers and community can expect only the best treatment.

The skydiving operation will be a benefit to your community. The issues raised in opposition are not valid, and far reaching in thier attempt to keep this business from opening.

The central theme of this discussion is, in fact, the mis-information being spread. Please understand that this is the work of the owners of competing skydive centers in the arrea, and should not be considered a reflection of the individual looking to open a skydive center in your neighborhood.

As I understand it, it looks like there is a good chance that the center will indeed open. Please take an afternoon, and stop by to see the operation and meet both the staff, and recreational jumpers on hand. I think you'll find them to be polite and considerate people who will welcome you as a spectator, and take the time to answer any questions you may have.

Hey Martin, would you please stop trying to be the voice of REASON.....I'm trying to incite a RIOT here!!!!

It's pretty cold here in the KC area this time of year; there's not much jumping going on so I'm trying to fill the time by ENCOURAGING as much hate and discontent, finger-pointing, rumors, innuendo, second guessing and general DYSFUNCTIONAL behavior as possible.

In other words....good old fashion FAMILY FUN!!

By the way, I'm in Tampa and will be jumping at Z-hills for the next few days. Eat your heart out.

See you in City Hall, Harrisonville, MO on Tuesday.
Film at 11!

"Tanks for Nuttin!!"....young woman in Caddyshack, 1980.

Everyone that is stirring and slinging shit has stuck their foot in their mouth to the knee with dog shit on the sole, you will not ever jump in this area again. When this dz,either does not open, or, opens and fails. What if Mr. Cowan and Mr. Wolford will not let you go there as well, then your other foot will be up your ass to the knee, like an extreme yoga position. Now you can't breathe and nobody in their right mind would give you cpr......Somebody is going to snag a hell of a deal on gear about June... Silverback[email]

Everyone that is stirring and slinging shit has stuck their foot in their mouth to the knee with dog shit on the sole, you will not ever jump in this area again.

Funny thing is, if the DZ does well, I bet they will not be so small minded as you and will even let you jump there.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

So is this why some people just don't jump in KC? To stay away from this kind of crap?

OK, now I understand.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So is this why some people just don't jump in KC? To stay away from this kind of crap?

OK, now I understand.

Wendy W.

Kind of sounds like a bunch of young women (girls) doesn’t it. “Oh I hate that bitch; she thinks she’s so cute”. I’ve always thought that guys were supposed to be more accepting, more like “yeah, he’s an asshole, but I don’t have a problem with that” (that’s why I can get along with Dave Ternes!). Obviously these are both stereo types, and as such are not universal, especially when someone’s/ anyone’s money is involved!

Martin

AC DZ

Hi Chris,
Good to see you on this board. Your comments have been dead-on, of course.

Me? I've been in Tampa jumping at Z-Hills the past few days. Got into a nice two otter formation 32 way that built nicely.

Other than that, just practicing various yoga positions with dog shit on the sole and hoping for emergency CPR!

KC skydiving community rules!! HOO-YAH!!!!

Harrisonville tomorrow night. I predict a sellout crowd.

As George Bush once said "BRING IT ON!!!!"

Hey Chris and Dave,

Good to see both of you guys on this board, Haven't seen either one of you in quite a bit, Chris, glad to see you haven't forgotten how entertaining the skydiving scene is here in K.C.

I just want a place to go jump and have fun, hope we aren't expected to take sides on this issue, as I kinda know everybody involved.

Dave, I'll see you in H-ville tomorrow night, Keep practicing yoga.