Katherine

Door Fear...

...is gone. Woohoo, finally. It only took 24 RAPs jumps:$
Do / did other people get it, and how many jumps did it take to go?

(I told my friends but they weren't interested "well, it you were scared, didn't that tell you to maybe stop jumping?")

x
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

Door fear was never really an issue, but on some of the AFF levels i did sometimes have a good look and for some unkown reason to me i found it hard to cope and would feel pretty damn scared! Only happened a couple of times though.

The stranger one was when i was going over a stable and was at about 3k watching the horses below me and i got thinking "christ, it would really suck if my leg straps broke right about now" made me really uneasy.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Best "door fear" story I have every heard: (go almost to the bottom of the page - story by GraficO)

I was on the floor laughing about this one! :D :D

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=814606;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

A young paratrooper was recounting his first jump to a friend.
"There I was at the door of the plane, already to go.. then I just froze, I couldn't move. My Sergeant was screaming at me to jump. He yelled 'If you don't jump I'll f**k you up the arse'."
His friend then asked "Did you jump?"
He replied "A little at first"

I don't have door fear-- I have bench fear (surely there must be a name for this); that is, I get really nervous on the ride up to altitude. But as soon as we start moving toward the door, it goes away. What IS that called? :S
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

One of my friends was really scared of the door during her AFF. When she got near to it, she was scared she'd fall out :S

My spotting lessons were conducted in a Grand Caravan. At the time no carpet had been laid so the cabin floor was quite slippery so the main thing on my mind as I stuck my head out the door was that 'I hope I don't slip and fall out!'

haha, i remember my first dive.. was more of the.. there is nothing outside the airplane fear... when i was in the door, i would NOT look down, not even a glance.. took a deep breath, check in, out, prop, arch! .. then during the dive, was looking down too much. haha. ..... after aff, my fear has really been takeoff to 1500 feet.. emergency bailout alti.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

my door fear was cured by Omar...

he looked at me and said whats the worst thing that can happen you fall out ??!!!???

I laughed and have never been afraid of the door again

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

he looked at me and said whats the worst thing that can happen you fall out ??!!!???

Landing off?

ummmm door fear usually means you have fear of the door for spottign or once spoted setting up in the door

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

...is gone. Woohoo, finally. It only took 24 RAPs jumps:$
Do / did other people get it, and how many jumps did it take to go?

(I told my friends but they weren't interested "well, it you were scared, didn't that tell you to maybe stop jumping?")

x

I had butterfies till jump 20 or so... Was really stiff in freefall etc.. Now I potato chip thru the sky in a relaxed, centered state... God I suck.