mjosparky

It's been one hell of a ride.

I am very new to the sport and have alot of things to learn. I always looked for and read your post because you are truly someone with great knowledge and deserving of nothing but respect and honor. I really am thankful for the help you gave me when I was looking for information and a packing manual on the MC-5 rig that i had purchased. The disk you sent me in the mail was a great help and I am truly greatfull and will miss seeing your posts good luck in what ever you decide to do next.
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!! LATER
SKYBOMB

"There were 100 of us that were honored to be a part of celebrating the Century Anniversary of one of Mans most important achievements."

I was on that jump with Paul McGowans team, and I am really regretting I didn't get to formally introduce myself to you guys.

Best to you Sparky!

How do ya like it Johnny?

Well, crap.

I'll never forget one of the first things you ever said to me: "You're Deuce? I thought you were much younger" :S

I'll miss you, Mike. Visiting Perris just won't be the same without you.

Keep the rubber side down.

JP

Thanks for letting me hop in the van with you for some very small parts of it.

I had a blast jumping with you recently in Perris (it won't ever be the same without the hair/jumpsuit combo - damn, must find new visuals) and especially that chilly but clear day in December in North Carolina.

I still remember looking around the packing area that weekend and saying to myself "what the hell am I doing here!?" It was an honor to jump with you the handful of times I was able, but especially on that one. :)
Peace, and enjoy the next chapter...

Oh Mike, who will be my Peckerhead judgeing partner. I miss you already. I hope we can at least have a party in your honor. I am honored to know you and have jumped with you. You will be missed in the skies and I hope to at least see you on the ground sometimes, like on AirTrash days. hint hint hint:(:(:(:(

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Although I will hate to see you go (more about that later), you have to do what is best for you.

Thanks for jumping big ways with me over the years. Some have been better than others, but they were all some of the most fun I have ever had.

Talking about big ways leads me back to why I really hate to see him go! Bright orange jumpsuit and in a big way it was one hell'uva marker for a lot of us.

Once during a TSR, there was Michael in day glo orange. I had the privilege of sitting in the captains room during the debriefs. They sure comment on "that guy in orange" a bunch even when he didn't do anything wrong! I am convinced the first review was to watch Michael, then they started over and watched everyone else.

I believe BJ made a comment that he didn't think he was man enough to wear orange! ;)

We'll miss you.

Blue skies....

Jim

When I signed on to this site, not too long ago, I knew that there were all kinds of people out there...

I payed close attention and put together a list of "people to pay attention to."

I always read your username as "mo-jo-sparky" - and if you asked me, who I payed attention to for the last two years, I would have said "Mo Jo" in the top 5...

It appears without a single reply - that you are already holding to your word of not posting...

THAT SUCKS...

You don't have to jump out of planes (anymore) to be a skydiver, and your are always invited to participate in any DZ conversation even if you opt to let your reserve go out of date....

Thanks for teaching... I sure still hope that we get to meet some day.

T.

This sport has come a long way since 1976, some of it good, some of it not so good. The founding fathers of “Skydiving” are starting to die off. And when we lose them we lose an irreplaceable piece of history. Most of what they knew and saw happen is recorded only in “word of mouth” stories.

Sparky,

I've never met you, but have appreciated your posts. Remember that you're part of the skydiving history that you mention above. Have you thought about writing a book? While there are a handful of good skydiving books out there, there aren't enough that are more biographical than technical. I hope some day that I have enough wisdom to be able to put together something that will help carry on any of my many passions. From the information contained in this thread, and all of the others you've contributed to, you're clearly in the position to do so. As a new guy that hasn't had a lot of chances to share stories with old-timers around a bonfire yet, I would like to hear some of them before they do get lost!

This goes for all of you who have been around for a while and have watched the times change.

Good luck, Sparky, in whatever you have planned for the future.

-Matt
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

Once a skydiver, always a skydiver. Good luck man. You can never quit skydiving, only not jump for a while. Even if that while is quite a while. ;)

Fly Free

"If murder and suicide are illegal, then why is it ok to kill yourself and others with cigarettes?????"

www.myspace.com/Hypoxicmusic

Although I will hate to see you go (more about that later), you have to do what is best for you.

Thanks for jumping big ways with me over the years. Some have been better than others, but they were all some of the most fun I have ever had.

Talking about big ways leads me back to why I really hate to see him go! Bright orange jumpsuit and in a big way it was one hell'uva marker for a lot of us.

We'll miss you.

Blue skies....

Jim

As one who has been known to get lost on a big way, I second that!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have made a decision to hang up jumping, at least for the foreseeable future...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You're blessed to have reached the point where you'd consider making this decision. I've long thought that life would be less complicated if I didn't want to do this anymore.

We never met, but I can see by the info on this thread that I would have had a great time and learned a lot if our paths had crossed. See you on the website.

Cheers,
Jon S.

Sparky:

You and i have "Been through it" Thank God we both handled it like true gentleman. I truly respect whatever decision you make, and i wish you the best always.

May life be as good to you as you have been to it, and may the skydiver's whose lives you touched relay to others the knowledge you instilled upon them. Regardless of how long your gone, you have done your part. I for one respect that and commend you. My applause, and my thanks to you.

Take Care, Be safe. And God Bless.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

WHUFFO!!!
:P

... but seriously... Mikey, hope ya at least show up at the Peckerhead Meat and drink some beers and tell some stories.

Anyway, someone up-post already said that it was Hank that invented the curved pin... now wasn't it he was trying ot invent a "holder" for quarters on those quarter type pool tables ya see in bars when he came up with the curved pin?... or at least that's what I think I remember hearing once while knockin' back a few beers with y'all ol' grey hairs one night.. ;)

Sparky,
We never got to butt heads online or off but I did get to be on a couple jumps with you.( Good thing we did not butt heads.. mine is VERY hard) I have read your posts and have enjoyed your perspective. Have fun with your new endeavors and stay safe out there.

Jeanne

Mike,

You were there when I got started in this crazy sport 15 years ago. And in that time, I can't think of a day I bumped into you---um, on the ground--when I didn't learn something that made my experience in the sport richer.

Thank you for being a great teacher...and for smacking sense into those who desperately needed it.

You mentioned legends like Jerry and Kevin. To my generation, my friend, you are in that same category. And damn if I still don't owe you a case of beer. No way I'm letting something like a temporary retirement get me off the hook for that!

Blue Skies Forever!!!

Lawrence Heltzer

The attached photo (taken by Kiesel what's his name) is from the Elsinore Big-Way back in November of 2003. You, the Big Orange, are easy to spot. I'm the skysurfer on the right...except that I don't have a skyboard and I'm wearing neon yellow (green? - shit, I'm color blind) w/ blue arms & legs.