ntrprnr

Dytter Flatline? (Not 1st or 2nd warning)

Last Dytter flatline poll seems to have happened around 2002. Since mine flatlined today at 2,500, (Was deploying at the time, was saddled by 2k, low for me) just curious as to everyone else's.

5,500, 4,500, and 2,500 seem to be the norm for me. Breakoff, pull, HELLO? PULL!

Others?

A few times I have gotten the flat line tone as the slider was coming down, only to find that the opening altitude was recorded to be 2000. I wrote L&B about this discrepancy, and their answer made no sense at all to me, just a bunch of double talk.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

4.5/3.5/2 for RW. Don't usually reset it even if it's a larger group and the breakoff is higher since I can see my alti and maintain good awareness.

I'm just starting to get into freeflying jumps and I will reset the top number to whatever's appropriate for the jump, especially if it's a jump where seeing my alti is difficult. Learned that one the hard way by missing breakoff when I was the hanger on a hybrid a couple weeks ago. Everything turned out fine but I screwed the base over by leaving later than the planned breakoff altitude, and all three of us heard our audibles flatline on linestretch. Entirely my fault for letting go later than planned, and I took my lumps and was glad that nothing worse came out of that one.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Like others have said it depends largely on the jump size and type. Big way tracking dives we break off higher so i set my audible for 5.

Otherwise it stays on these settings for tandem, rw camera and freefly

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

5500 (typical Tandem pull altitude, I shoot a lot of video)
3k (I like to pull)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Optima:
4500 (generally but depends on who I'm jumping with)
3500 (I like to pull high)
2000 (hard deck - heard it twice now :$)

I jump a Snivelmobile 188, which is my excuse :P
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

4500 (4 way)

I have heard mine a few time under an inflated main when I had it set higher then 2K.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

before I broke my skytronic it was 4.5 (telling me breakoff is coming LOOK at ALTI) 3 (You should have pulled if not DO IT NOW) 1.8 DUMB ASS YOU GONNA DIE! Only once did I hear the flatline in freefall..not something I want to hear again. Scary shit...Heard it a bunch of times snivleing after dumping at 2K on 4k jumps but I planned on pulling at 2k and fully expected to hear it as 1500 is my decision alti on planned 2k pulls. My personal view is after you have 100 jumps you should make a couple 2K pulls so you don't freak out if you end up there through no fault of your own i.e aircraft emergency, some jack ass tracked over you on break off (happend once see first flatline) etc the ground definatly looks different at 120mph at 2k;)

**Disclaimer** I am not an instructor so my views are not to be followed unless someone who knows more then me agrees and tells you it is a good Idea.:P

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

4000-6000 depending on the type of jump and planned breakoff. 2500, and 1500 for the flatline. I've only heard my flatline with a canopy already deploying, but I train that if I hear it with nothing initiated, it's time to reach for silver. I'm close to cypres fire range and a risk of 2 out if I deploy my main that low.