nikejumper

1st Jump with my own rig

I bought my first rig a few weeks ago and finally got to put some jumps on it this weekend! Boy is it different looking up and seeing MY canopy, and not having to give it back after the jump!
It's an awesome feeling, coming home and seeing my rig sitting there and thinking to myself "ya, thats mine!"
Just though I would share my story with you guys!

can't wait till the weekend

Jeff
Is it saturday yet?

I bought my first rig a few weeks ago and finally got to put some jumps on it this weekend! Boy is it different looking up and seeing MY canopy, and not having to give it back after the jump!
It's an awesome feeling, coming home and seeing my rig sitting there and thinking to myself "ya, thats mine!"
Just though I would share my story with you guys!

can't wait till the weekend

Jeff

Congrats!!!

OBTW.... BEER!!!!

I've had mine for about 35 or 40 jumps and sometimes....only sometimes though, you might find me wearing it in my house.

I love knowing that I'm going to be under the same canopy all the time, it's going to land the same etc. It's nice to get used to ONE canopy and set of gear.

I'll be happier when my gear is paid off and I can spend all that extra money on jumping....

Enjoy the gear and take care of it.. It's your life afterall.

Chris
"When once you have tasted flight..."

It is a great feeling, huh? I've had my own rig for the past 50 or so jumps and I still look at it proudly B| It's awesome, especially once you really start to get your canopy tuned in and know all of it's characteristics.

Plus you save a whole lot money because you aren't renting gear anymore. But then you just jump twice as much!

Congrats..

heeeelll yeah!!! right on papasito...... so I guess you'll be sleeping with it under the pillow, or what ???

I feel ya, I got 4 jumps my new rig this past weekend 12-2, new container, new main, second hand but never used reserve(immaculate), and 2 1/2 years left on cypress from fact.

had everything was just waiting on my container from strong, I knew it was being delivered on last wed. so I took the whole week off work, so I wouldnt run the risk of not having it together by fri. the suspense was fukin killing me. :S

waited all day wed.:| even left the chief ( my beastlike dog) on patrol for the ups guy, nothing, finally @ about 3pm I call mike over @strong ent. to reconfirm tracking #... he tells me its already been delivered @ 9am with no signature confirm. so I start thinkin which one of the clowns that kept calling me all morning saying " is it there yet, is it there yet " is playing the sick joke >:(????? when I spot the package by the side door of my house under the carport, man I did not want to be rude to mike @strong (real good people), but l was like gotta go mike I'll give you a shout.:D man I did not even know how to act @ that point. my neighbors probably thought I had lost my mind.......got it put together that night. then:|:|:|:| literally sat at the airport with it on and my thumb out till sat...then I came all over myself jumping it the rest of the day, could of got a few more jumps in but getting that brand new ZPO in the d-bag is some hellish shit. either way I love the thing it also has a girls name......

I thought I was a jump junkie before fuuuuk!!!!! that shits all up in my bones now. I cant even think straight the sky its everywhere:ph34r::D:ph34r::D:ph34r::D
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

There is a rig on its way to my dz right now. So I hope all goes well (item as described) and I buy it. The thing is, I will have to buy an aad and I wont be able to jump it for a while since it has a stiletto (advanced canopy). But after I cycle down through the rental gear (over time) it will be waiting for me! B| Cant wait!
My drinking team has a skydiving problem

There is a rig on its way to my dz right now. So I hope all goes well (item as described) and I buy it. The thing is, I will have to buy an aad and I wont be able to jump it for a while since it has a stiletto (advanced canopy). But after I cycle down through the rental gear (over time) it will be waiting for me! B| Cant wait!

Stiletto.. whoa. Do your instructors know about this? What size is the Stiletto?

Fully elliptical canopies (like the Stiletto) are recommended for people with at LEAST 500 jumps. What made you go for the rig with the Stiletto?

I'd recommend looking around in the Classifieds section for main canopies. Maybe you can find a more reasonable canopy for your skill level at a decent price that you can switch out until you are ready for the Stiletto.

Good Luck!

I've had mine for about 35 or 40 jumps and sometimes....only sometimes though, you might find me wearing it in my house.

I just brought mine home for the first time--I've been storing it at the DZ since I bought it. We enjoyed a nice candlelight dinner together, and then snuggled on the couch and watched a movie. Romance, baby!

I just brought mine home for the first time--I've been storing it at the DZ since I bought it. We enjoyed a nice candlelight dinner together, and then snuggled on the couch and watched a movie. Romance, baby!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

LMFAO!!!

you mean kinda like this......

fuuukin freaks!!!
Perry Farrell

Stiletto.. whoa. Do your instructors know about this? What size is the Stiletto?

Fully elliptical canopies (like the Stiletto) are recommended for people with at LEAST 500 jumps. What made you go for the rig with the Stiletto?

I'd recommend looking around in the Classifieds section for main canopies. Maybe you can find a more reasonable canopy for your skill level at a decent price that you can switch out until you are ready for the Stiletto.

Good Luck!

Well it is 190, and I don't plan on using it until I have downsized through the rental gear. Also I wouldn't use it until my instructors tell me I am ready. Plus like you said I can switch it out with an easier canopy for a while if need be. Thanks for the concern, I appreciate it.

Man... I'm jealous. I have a brand new wings, smart reserve, and aad all built up and looking good but still waiting for my main (supposed to arive today). Hopefully i'll be able to share your excitement this weekend (I already have the beer);)
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Definitely check out the Classifieds, though. I got a sweet canopy in great condition for about $350.

$350? wow, how many jumps on that canopy? What shape is it in?

And so far (in the small number of jumps that I have) I have had all good stand-up landings, great landing patterns and great flares.

Well it is 190, and I don't plan on using it until I have downsized through the rental gear. Also I wouldn't use it until my instructors tell me I am ready. Plus like you said I can switch it out with an easier canopy for a while if need be. Thanks for the concern, I appreciate it.

If I read your profile correctly you weigh around 220 pounds right? So figure 235-240 with gear. So that puts your around 1.29 wing loading on a fully elliptical (that they nicknamed the spinletto) canopy.

So how many jumps do you actually intend on doing in this rental gear downsize progression? :ph34r: :P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

spinletto @ 1.3 lb/ft wing load, 13 jumps= nigggggaaa is you crazy!!!

respect the nylon fooolll!!!!

why get that rig, why not get something more docile that you can actually jump, get used to, and live to learn in.

my body weight is 185 or so out the plane im 215 or so. I'm flyin a 210 spectre @ little over 1:1, container is nice and small, very comfortable, and the canopy is quite fast, and extremely responsive. more than I know what to do with yet. paid right @ 4000 for it .
could have gotten a really nice rig with a brand new sabre2 170 in it for about half the price.
I guess it would be realistic to say that I will be under a 170 one day. but whats the point, why jump all kind of rental gear till then, besides with that crapolla you never know what youll end up with.

dont be that guy, you know the one on the plane jumping rental gear, sayin " I got my own gear, i,m just jumping this ragedy crap till I can jump mine"
Perry Farrell