howardwhite

What is this plane?

Could be the Alsatian Fleurnerflau 901.

It was powered by a Vorglefetzner 92 HP radial. It was notable for having been the first Alsatian plane to exceed 200 feet AGL.

It was popular with the local farmers, as it could hold a pilot and four passengers or 5 sheep and a randy farmboy.

Most are in barns, these days. Curiously, their floors are covered with a thick mat of wool and latex shavings.

Interesting jump plane, though...
B|

I don't think it's a Feisler Storch (or however the hell it's spelled). The landing gear look similar, but they have a much smaller body and leading edge slats.

I got no ideas...

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

That is a Curtiss, and that picture was taken in Washington state with Mt. Rainier in the background.
Kapowsin I believe. Not sure what model. I jumped that plane back in the '80s. It has fabric wings and pratt and whitney radial. As I recall it will hold 8 jumpers. Very loud.

That is a Curtiss, and that picture was taken in Washington state with Mt. Rainier in the background.
Kapowsin I believe. Not sure what model. I jumped that plane back in the '80s. It has fabric wings and pratt and whitney radial. As I recall it will hold 8 jumpers. Very loud.

Make that a Curtis Robin. I never jumped it but my wife did. Don't know where it is now.

This is a Porter.

No it's not... It's the African Queen, a prototype mainly built out of duct tape and zip ties, with some Porter parts inside :P
That pict is in Empuriabrava...

For the original post, it is DEFINITELY NOT :
-a Porter
-a Fieseler Storch
-a PAC 750 XL
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

There are some WILD guesses here. This is pretty funny. Where are you people coming up with this stuff??

I'm pretty sure wgrayw was right.... looks like a Stinson to me. Maybe a different model/year than the one in his link, but it's DEFINITELY not anything anyone else mentioned.

O wait, I think it's a PAC 750XL!

Dave

Could be the Alsatian Fleurnerflau 901.

It was powered by a Vorglefetzner 92 HP radial. It was notable for having been the first Alsatian plane to exceed 200 feet AGL.

It was popular with the local farmers, as it could hold a pilot and four passengers or 5 sheep and a randy farmboy.

Most are in barns, these days. Curiously, their floors are covered with a thick mat of wool and latex shavings.

Interesting jump plane, though...
B|

:D:DI'd like to purchase any books you have written. Kind of a cross between Howard Mohr and Douglas Adams.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Is your spelling correct? I can't find any mention of the plane, the aircraft company, or the engine on the web.

;) Pssst! You're gonna need extra-thick soles on your left shoes from now on. Why? He's pulling your leg!!
And you fell for it.:D:D:D
Doh!!![:/]

------------------

By the way, it does kinda look like a Beaver. Whatever.