martin-o

Whats up with Perris and skydivingmovies.com?

You could be a slutty Skyride gift certificate.

Drive 3 hours to a party in another state and then try to get someone to use you. When nobody uses you, take a dump on a random unsuspecting consumer.

;)

Get video. :)

SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

You could be a slutty Skyride gift certificate.

Drive 3 hours to a party in another state and then try to get someone to use you. When nobody uses you, take a dump on a random unsuspecting consumer.

;)

Get video. :)

Or set up a kinky hook up then cancel 'cause of the weather!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

How would one dress up as "Skyride" for Halloween...

:D

green, with a dollar sign painted on.
And covered in slime.

Man, I didn't know they started accepting certificates. That's just shitty.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

My guess is its due to them accepting Skyride certificates. ;)

A friend of mine takes the certificats and doesn't have a problem with them.

i guess there's the anti-skyride, and the ones that just dont care..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

It appears to be an ad that someone placed. I had to refresh my screen several times to see it.

Kinda lame that Perris is getting slammed. There are a lot of dropzones in SoCal that accept these certificates.

I suggest skydivers stick to the community concerns and leave the business concerns to those who have invested millions in their facilities.

So why pick on Perris is the question. Because of all the dropzones out there in Skyride land, I've always considered Perris to be the big one. I've always considered Perris to be a top dropzone, up there with eloy, skydive chicago, deland, etc. Never been there... but I'd like to.

Perris has the opportunity to be better than those other guys in their area. If Perris works with this company built on fraud, why shouldn't ANY OTHER dropzone in the country? At least thats how I bet a lot of dropzones would see it.

I hold Perris to a higher standard. Is that fair? Maybe not. But they have a freaking jet. That puts them in a different category than anyone. They should be better. They should be a model for any other dropzone to follow. They should have the best student program, the best equipment, the best facilities, the best aircraft maintenance, the best staff, and the best business practices. Why? Because they can.

Skyride is not a "business concern" for drop zone owners only. It's a national skydiving concern. I'm not out there telling people not to jump at Perris. I'm telling Perris to be better than them. If you can't afford the jet without relying on false advertising and theft, you can't afford the jet. Skyride is for dropzone owners that are too scared to perpetrate their own fraud. Yep, that's right, you can outsource your tech support to India and your fraud to Skyride.

At least thats the way I see it.

Why the cryptic messages on skydivingmovies.com? It got people talking, didn't it?

Dave

I suggest skydivers stick to the community concerns and leave the business concerns to those who have invested millions in their facilities.

So we should just turn a blind eye to fraud and deception because it helps us get bigger and better planes? I know many that would agree with that statement. Personally, I choose not to do that and encourage others to do the same.

Another reason that Perris should be targeted is that the Owner stood up at a meeting of DZO`s and proclaimed that they would NEVER take another Skyride certificate. That announcement was met with cheers and a standing ovation from the other DZO`s.

Shame on Perris backing away from that statement. Perris is a leader in this sport. One of the finest DZ`s anywhere in the world. Many jumpers are very disheartened to hear they are still in bed with Skyride.

Eloy chose not only to not work with skyride , but has spent tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to fight Skyride and their fraudulent websites.

The USPA is now spending OUR dues to fight Skyride in a legal battle because Skyride is suing the USPA. This costs all of us money.

We talk alot about this sport being self-policed. If there are things that unethical and possibly illegal going on in our sport, Shouldn’t we stand up and do a little self-policing here?

Maybe it's just me but Dave should put some more info there.

If a whuffo sees that on his site they may think there is some safety issue to worry about.

That, would be a long stretch but, can be considered liable.

Oh, In case you don't know I am NOT a lawyer.

He can still be ambiguous but when I first saw it I thought maybe they did something that hurt someone.

Change it to "emboldening the leeches since 2006/7?"
My photos

My Videos

If Perris works with this company built on fraud, why shouldn't ANY OTHER dropzone in the country? At least thats how I bet a lot of dropzones would see it.

I know of at least one smaller DZ, DZO who sees it that way.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

So why pick on Perris is the question. Because of all the dropzones out there in Skyride land, I've always considered Perris to be the big one. I've always considered Perris to be a top dropzone, up there with eloy, skydive chicago, deland, etc.

I would guess Perris is being picked on because it IS one of the big dz's. Eloy doesn't take them, nor does Chicago and, well, most people are familiar with Perris, unlike some of the smaller dz's.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

So why pick on Perris is the question. Because of all the dropzones out there in Skyride land, I've always considered Perris to be the big one. I've always considered Perris to be a top dropzone, up there with eloy, skydive chicago, deland, etc. Never been there... but I'd like to.

Perris has the opportunity to be better than those other guys in their area. If Perris works with this company built on fraud, why shouldn't ANY OTHER dropzone in the country? At least thats how I bet a lot of dropzones would see it.

I hold Perris to a higher standard. Is that fair? Maybe not. But they have a freaking jet. That puts them in a different category than anyone. They should be better. They should be a model for any other dropzone to follow. They should have the best student program, the best equipment, the best facilities, the best aircraft maintenance, the best staff, and the best business practices. Why? Because they can.

Skyride is not a "business concern" for drop zone owners only. It's a national skydiving concern. I'm not out there telling people not to jump at Perris. I'm telling Perris to be better than them. If you can't afford the jet without relying on false advertising and theft, you can't afford the jet. Skyride is for dropzone owners that are too scared to perpetrate their own fraud. Yep, that's right, you can outsource your tech support to India and your fraud to Skyride.

At least thats the way I see it.

Why the cryptic messages on skydivingmovies.com? It got people talking, didn't it?

Dave

Good work, Dave. As a guy who runs a fairly large and prominent part of the skydiving industry (online skydiving videos), I think it is great that you are taking such a stance. I hope other prominent figures (big dz's, major teams, sponsors, manufacturers, etc.) will take a similar stance.

Someone care to explain to me in a nutshell, whats wrong with this skyride ?

I glanced at the first page of the skyride thread, but the posts were not consistent enough to brief me through the initial problems.. Im not too intrested to go through all the pages and figure these things out between the lines..

Thanks a lot..

This is a good place to start getting educated about Skyride and their deceptive practices.

Thanks but I could have found that link myself if I wanted to start studying the subject.

All I asked was to brief me a little about the matter becouse I dont want to go through all the info availeable and figure it out myself.

EDIT: now that I actually looked at the link you provided it seems it might be the place for me to check this out..

I take my words back.. Thanks ! B|

Skyride has over 900 web pages for dropzones that do not really exist. The WebPages are designed to make people think they are booking a skydive at a local dropzone. Once the customer call the number (Usually a Local Number that is routed to the Skyride call center.. where they answer "Skydive center") The customer is fooled into thinking they are booking a Jump at a Local or nearby Dropzone. Once the Skyride operator has their credit card info and runs the NON_REFUNDABLE purchase, they are then told where they will be jumping. Many times it is 100`s of miles away.

If the customer asks about a closer Drop zone that is not a Skyride affiliate, They are told lies such as "That dropzone had 6 fatalities last year and they are not safe" or other such Lie.

Other times they will tell the customer that the local DZ does take their certificates. The customer buys the certificate and then finds out once they show up that the local DZ does NOT in fact take the certificates. No-Refunds is their Strict policy.

A perfect example of what Skyride does was brought up in another thread. A customer in Spokane finds the web site for Spokane Skydiving and call. Buys her husband a Tandem. They show up at the only DZ near Spokane only to find that that DZ does not take Skyride. The nearest affiliate is 400 miles away. They can drive many hours away to make their jump or just take the loss (Costs about the same when you factor in gas).[:/]

Also when the DZO of the Tullahoma DZ died in a skydiving accident, Skyride called AT&T pretending to be the Dead DZO and had their 1-800 number rerouted to their Offices.

Their 100`s of websites are also full of lies and false information, not only do no such dtopzones exist but even the photos on the sites are stolen from other Skydivers.

When the USPA had enough of thier deceptive practices and kicked them out, they filed a $10,000,000 lawsuit against the USPA.

Skyride annoys me with their tacky over zealous promotional tactics, but I’ve come to the realization that it is not about ME. It is an issue that needs to be worked out between the DZO’s & Skyride.

If you were running a company and an outside agent offered to send you customers while offering payment to you on the customer’s behalf, you would be grateful and wouldn’t ask a ton of questions about it.

That is what Skyride offers dropzones. Pre-paid customers that have already been sold a set of services. The dropzone simply acts as the end service provider while avoiding the hassles & sales pitches that are normally associated with booking students.

While I am not privy to the financial situation at Perris, I know that their overhead is many times that of a typical dropzone.

They have offered skydivers one of the best facilities on the planet in a sport that is generally unprofitable. As I have become more acquainted with the sport over the last few years, I’ve come to appreciate Perris more for their generosity to the skydive community.

Skyride annoys me with their tacky over zealous promotional tactics, but I’ve come to the realization that it is not about ME. It is an issue that needs to be worked out between the DZO’s & Skyride.

You are right, it's not about you.

Fraud, F-R-A-U-D, affects all of us in the sport in a negative way.

ALL of us.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

...That is what Skyride offers dropzones. Pre-paid customers that have already been sold a set of services...

...that said customer was looking for in the first place - that particular dropzone, or one closer. They deceptively corral the potential customer of that dropzone, take their money, and then sell back to the dropzone the customer who was looking for them in the first place, for a fee - otherwise, they send them who-knows-where-else for certificate redemption.

Bait-and-switch shell-game, ad nauseam.
Roll Tide Roll