meridianjumper

Favorite jump plane?

anything with a ramp

a Turbine Porter is on my wish-list.. I love that plane as-is, now to jump out of one... or maybe out of one and into another (yes, already been done, but kewl) ;)

I was on the first pass they did the 727.. that was bitchin'... but something with a ramp presents more opportunities for fun!

The glider at Rantoul in 2006. (Schweizer 2-22CK). The cockpit is so small, you have to take off and climb to altitude with your legs hanging outside the fuselage. Yeeee haaa! :)

Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Here is the list of the planes I have jumped. My favorite for jumping in FS was the Hercules. My favorite for the fastest ride to altitude were the Boeing 727 and the DC9. My favorite for the service aboard was the DC9 with three flight attendants (jumping after us, see DC9 JUMP RANTOUL on YOU TUBE), my favorite for the most quiet was the Firefly hot air balloon, my favorite for the wildest ride was the Bell 412, my favorite for the most good looking was the Bell 230... as one can see, there is many airplanes which are my favorites but in different ways.

Aerospatiale A-Star (H)* Arava* Beechcraft 18 Beechcraft 99* Beechcraft King air* Beechcraft TwinBonanza Beechcraft Queen Air Bell 206 (H)* Bell 412 (H)* Bell 230 (H)* Boeing 727** Caribou Carvair Casa* Cessna 170 Cessna 172 Cessna 180 Cessna 182 Cessna 185 Cessna 205 Cessna 206 Cessna 206 (float plane) Cessna 207 Cessna Caravan* DC-3 DC-9** Enstrom (H) Fairchild Porter* Firefly (hot air baloon) Helio Stallion* Hercules* Hughes 500 (H)* Loadstar Maule Rocket Norman Brittain Highlander Norseman Pac 750 XL* Pilatus Porter* Piper Chieftain Piper Navajo Piper Seneca Skyvan* Tripacer Twin Otter*

H helicopter
* turbine aircraft
** for jet engine
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Turbine DC-3.

Fast and LOTS of scratchin' room! B|

Ya know, I'd been wanting to add one of those to my list for years. Then V and I are in Thailand jumping the tailgate Hercs, and we made a couple of demo loads out of the turbine DC-3. Very cool, but the Hercs were a hard act to follow.:D:)

Turbine DC-3.

Ya know, I'd been wanting to add one of those to my list for years. Then V and I are in Thailand jumping the tailgate Hercs, and we made a couple of demo loads out of the turbine DC-3. Very cool, but the Hercs were a hard act to follow.:D:)

You should jump the door!:D;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Turbine DC-3.

You should jump the door!:D;)

Did that at Golden Knights tryouts back in '89.
Card carrying member of the
Nanny State Liberation Front

Otters are way too "perfect" for my taste.

DC3s and Twin Beaches have a lot more character, so in my book they are favorites. Even Cessnas are more "fun" than Otters, and that's what it's about.

I associate DC3s with boogies, i.e. "good times", awesome vibes on climb. Ditto with Beaches.
I believe you have my stapler.

C-130J Super Hercules.

Preferably a factory new one.

Because you don't have to stay in them for long, the ramp is fun, fun fun to run off, and it's really cool to get off a plane that goes that fast: there is no hill, you hit the hard, hard slipstream and instantly fly. And they're piece of cake to float.

Balloons are fun too, I had a great balloon jump in Perris this year, very good spot and a beautiful morning, with the sound of my body punching through the air.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Twin Otter!!! Jumped one for the 1st time this weekend! :)

The Cadillac of Jump Planes!B| We're lucky to have a Super Otter at our home DZ up in the Seattle area. :)
My favorite jumpplane? The C-130 at the Thai Boogie.

Next favorite? Jumping out of Russian MI-8 tailgate helicopters in Mexico. :)