Airviking

How much crap will I get...

God I miss my Wonder Hog and Rainbow Strato Cloud

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wanna borrow mine?

I get grief every time I jump it. So far, though, never because of the color pattern. Why would a rainbow be controver... OH fella, I get it. Now back to your regularly scheduled Broadway show tunes.

Cheers,
Jon S.

Absolutely!

How much crap will I get......for jumping a rainbow canopy?

None unless you make a deal out of it..... Oh, you just did.

Bring on the pain!!!!!!:D
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Hi viking,

I think I can handle the opening shock of a Sabre.

I started jumping a PC in Oct '64. I also jumped a StratoStar for a long time. Both hit me, what I considered, hard on occasion.

Just wait until that Sabre hits you like my Z-P elliptical did ( twice in one day even ) and you might just tell a much different story. B|

JerryBaumchen

I don't think people will much care. I've seen purple/pink combinations that (to me) are not too attractive, but nobody seems to pay much attention to them or give the owner grief. That rainbow may get complimented as often as not.

My first rig was black with purple and pink trim, and the canopy was black, purple and pink. I bought it off a woman who got out of the sport just as I got my A license. I was just glad to have something to use for a good price, but I was also glad to get my own customized rig when the time came to down-size.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Too bad that the gays/lesbians copyrighted the rainbow.

What? Get a life! If you think that the colours of your canopy, jumpsuit, car or even your clothes define anything at all about your sexuality or other lifestyle choices, then you have some growing up to do!

The rainbow may have been co-opted to signify gay and lesbian events in more recent years, but it's also been used throughout history for a wide range of things. The bottom line is that you are not defined by the colours of your canopy, so get over it and jump!

None at all, ya might have some hoping to pack some in for ya!:ph34r:

I jumped a rainbow Crueslite for my first year of jumping, not one person ever said a thing about it!
---

BTW, Chicks dig rainbows.....

(bolding mine)

+1 :P:)

If I could pick my ideal canopy it would be a rainbow (in fact I have longingly filled out the order form haha, but I want used for ease of packing lol) And I have a great deal of admiration for (aka, I "dig" those) who jump rainbows at my dz!

Too bad that the gays/lesbians copyrighted the rainbow.

What? Get a life! If you think that the colours of your canopy, jumpsuit, car or even your clothes define anything at all about your sexuality or other lifestyle choices, then you have some growing up to do!

The rainbow may have been co-opted to signify gay and lesbian events in more recent years, but it's also been used throughout history for a wide range of things. The bottom line is that you are not defined by the colours of your canopy, so get over it and jump!

And.. another +1.
Ya know, nature kind of invented the rainbow.. spectrum of light.. all of that.. not sure what gender or sexuality/identity has to do with it, other than symbolism like so many things, that mean so many things..
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Hi viking,

I think I can handle the opening shock of a Sabre.

I started jumping a PC in Oct '64. I also jumped a StratoStar for a long time. Both hit me, what I considered, hard on occasion.

Just wait until that Sabre hits you like my Z-P elliptical did ( twice in one day even ) and you might just tell a much different story. B|

JerryBaumchen

I've got well over 2500 jumps on different sabers...Not once did I get slmmed, almost all were with cameras, BUT, I also only used packers maybe 50 times, and only after I told them how to pack it, AND I used an over sized slider with a pocket on one of them!

...Just wait until that Sabre hits you like my Z-P elliptical did ( twice in one day even ) and you might just tell a much different story. B|

JerryBaumchen

Well, not having actually jumped a Sabre, I am making the assumption that the complaints about hard openings are relative to a whole different standard of comfort, where 800' snivels are considered a good thing. But I may be totally wrong.

When I was jumping hard-opening gear, I learned to sit up, pull my knees up like I'm sit-flying, and look straight ahead. And only look up if I didn't get the opening shock.
I believe you have my stapler.

...What? Get a life! If you think that the colours of your canopy, jumpsuit, car or even your clothes define anything at all about your sexuality or other lifestyle choices, then you have some growing up to do!...

(wow...musta touched a nerve with someone...:o:D)

I was really only half... no make that 10% serious with my post. I'm not worried about my manhood, or rainbow gear.B| When things get quiet on the forums, I just throw something out there.
I believe you have my stapler.

...What? Get a life! If you think that the colours of your canopy, jumpsuit, car or even your clothes define anything at all about your sexuality or other lifestyle choices, then you have some growing up to do!...

(wow...musta touched a nerve with someone...:o:D)

I was really only half... no make that 10% serious with my post. I'm not worried about my manhood, or rainbow gear.B| When things get quiet on the forums, I just throw something out there.

When in Doubt, Throw it Out!B|