GypsySkyy

Just expressing about my 1st jump

Last Sunday was my FIRST skydive and my life has been forever altered. I always knew I wanted to try skydiving but never thought I would actually fall in love with the sport. I felt the biggest rush of my life accompanied by a relaxing feeling that I cant explain-- (and most don't understand). They should have warned me that Skydiving would taint my mind... It was like a dream that I replay over and over again in my head and within the past week I have this awkward grin planted on my face... a grin of the Cheshire cat.
My mind has been tainted with the best drug ever...

Gypsy Skyy

Welcome to the addiction! I did a tandem last October for a bachelor party , and I never looked back!! I try to explain to people that it's the most relaxing minute of my life and apoplectic think I'm nuts too!! Glad your enjoying it, save every penny you can all winter long and you should have almost enough money to get through next season.
Wait , I pull what first?

I am going for another tandem jump tomorrow and next season planning on becoming an AFF student :)
How did you feel after your first jump?

Broke!!

and hooked on legal crack :D
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Congrats!

My first jump was on September 10. It was a static-line from 4,500 feet out of a C182. I have 11 jumps now, and have one more 10 second delay to do, then I move to the 20 second. I can't wait. Hopefully the weather will be good enough to jump on Sunday. It's supposed to be windy on Saturday.

I sort of remember the plane going past me in slow motion after I let go. What I was feeling was something between exhilaration and terror, but in a good way.

I can't wait for jump #12!

I have a professor, and when I told her I skydive, she instantly was upset with me and seemed to judge me poorly.

I found out later in the semester in talking to her, that her son was in college, getting great grades about to get a great career, then went on a skydive, within a years he had dropped out, was living on the dropzone and living "the dream"

he lived in eloy, on the farm, and then went to dubai, she has somewhat come to terms with it, but she is kinda resentful this activity took away his "desire" to be in the normal 9-5 grind. I told her he was just free.

but yes, it is more addictive than crack and some of us end up "crack-whores" but its the best kind.

and hooked on legal crack

At least the crackheads have 12-step programs they can go to. We are stuck with the addiction. There is no cure. You can only treat the symtoms ........... by jumping more!
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I can't really explain how I felt right after my first (and only) jump. I think it was somewhat like a religious conversion, only much better, because someone just gave me a tour through heaven first.

I decided to do a tandem jump to get an answer to one of the oldest and dustiest of questions: "Why do people jump from perfectly good planes?" Well, I got a lot more than I bargained for. :S

But at least I now know why people jump out of perfectly good planes. figured that one out within 5 seconds after leaving the plane B| Yes, I'm saving to do the AFF course next year.:)

Did my first jump in Aug on my birthday with no intent to do AFF...long story short, started AFF in Sept and I'm now at almost 30 jumps with no intent of slowing down. There is no other sport with this type of learning curve and that makes you feel so alive.
Wait til you start selling all your other hobby stuff to purchase a rig and pay for jumps! Warning... it can be hard rationalizing your initial purchases to your significant other... :S Start hiding your cash now! lol

Fear is the thief of dreams.....

HAHAH so true!!! I saved up almost 4,000 for a breast reduction and now I'm thinking about just spending it on skydiving.. but the only way is if I do the AFF program. I don't know if I could do AFF program but my boyfriend (non-skydiver) is pushing me to do it.. he sees my smile and thinks its the best option for me. He thinks I will be doing it in no time...

Gypsy Skyy

today I had my 2nd tandem and I felt great in the plane ride.. so calm.. It was way better then my first jump!!!

Gypsy Skyy

Wait until you start doing solo; you'l get the nervousness again :P

I decided to do a tandem jump to get an answer to one of the oldest and dustiest of questions: "Why do people jump from perfectly good planes?" Well, I got a lot more than I bargained for.

I always felt planes used for skydiving were kind of wonkish and slightly-dilapidated; some with a load of duck-tape. All the more reason to jump out! :D

i had the same experience. wasn't fully prepared for its mind-consuming, irresistible power, but i wouldn't trade the addiction for a damn thing in the world. it is my perfect companion-true, it may hurt at times, but it will forever shower me with more love and beauty and inspiration than I will ever know what to do with. Bah! keep your men, give me sky!!!! :P

I too have caught the bug. I did my first tandem about two months ago and was hooked. About 3 weeks later I went and did a T2 and now i just can't stop thinking about it. Is this normal??? I have kinda gone to the extreme. I bought the skydivers handbook and read it front to back in just a few days. Me and my buddy went down to skyventure in Raeford to fly in the tunnel so we would be prepared for AFF this spring. Is this the normal reaction to a Tandem jump??? I've even researched gear and designed containers and parachutes. I think I'm getting ahead of myself but I can't stop thinking about skydiving... Well this is my first post on DZ and hopefully I'll get to know some people here and maybe get to jump with some of you in the future... Time to stop roving, I'm a member now. haha