dsbbreck

How quickly can you pack?

Just wondering what the average time is to pack your canopy.

Please indicate the size and make of your canopy and your packing experience level.

Personally, it takes me around 6 minutes to pack my Samurai 120 and be completely comfortable with it, but I've done it in 3 minutes to make a quick call.
Except for the tandems I jump, I pack almost every time for myself. Over 1000 jumps.
David

"Socrates wasn't killed because he had the answer.......he was killed because he asked the question."

i pack my main in 5 min. i can through it in quicker (about 3 1/2) but i like my consistant 5 min. i somtimes will take a bit longer, if i'm talking while packing, but on average 5 min.

tandems, average about 10 to 12 min. i can pack em in 7 1/2 (brakes set, and droge not twisted much, strongs)

later

I picked 10-20 cause thats how long it usually takes. The thing is i'm usually so busy talking and getting distracted. If i want to, i can easily be pakced in about 7-8 minutes. I'm just not in a hurry that much.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I can and have done it in about 5 and been totally cool with the pack job, I've tried to do a sub 4 minute one but was scared and ended up repacking part of it. Normally... 7 minutes from laying the rig down till I stow the PC.

I normally take more time to untwist the brakes and set the PC and try to undo my slider (custom drawstings make it a pain) then I do packing it.

Thats on my Jedei 136, Cobalt 150 was actually faster.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I could do a F111 canopy in about 10-15. Now I've got my own gear with a pretty new ZP canopy. The first time I packed it it took me about 3 hours on and off. I probably started packing it about 8-9 times.

Now it's down to about 25-30 minutesish.

Packing experience: ~100 F111 student/sports packs
~6 ZP
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

average pack for my sabre 210 is about 7. can pack it a little faster if i need to make a load by psyco packing it. (switch between pro and psyco depending on my mood;))

BUNGE

I don't hate them, I just like us better.

A sport rig? Well, it depends on the canopy, but I average about 6-7 minutes for a sport rig. For a Tandem, then I average about 12-15 minutes.

I also like to pack nice, kick ass-soft openings, so I'm sure if I sacrificed pride in my work, I could pack faster...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i'm horribly slow, and don't have the patience it takes to be a proffesional packer, i hate that slippery fabric, and just how many times is this stinking thing going to re-inflate on me? i fly a HeatWave 170^2 and my usaul packing time is ten minutes, i spend a lot of time checking my brake lines, setting & stowing them etc, i'm too anal about that part but i hate it when brake lines get twisted up! this is the reason i always pay a packer, but it must be someone i trust, and to touch on another topic in this subjuct that was posted elsewhere, i generally pay a really good packer $10.00 per pack job, no problems yet, oh well, maybe some odd line twists from time to time. :)
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

I pack my Sabre 135 in about 4-5 minutes only so I can get it over with and get to the rigs that actually make me $$$$B|. I have somewhere between 1600 and 1700 pack jobs in the last two years.

"Insurance should called In case shit happens, if shit don't happen shouldn't I get my money back?"

I have an F1-11 7cell, and between loads, it takes me total about 10 minutes.
However, when i pack at home, and check/inspect every aspect of my rig, every nook and corner, and every connection, it takes me around 45 minutes, I take my time!

I would feel better if i packed like that all the time!!

sds
=========Shaun ==========

Speed is far less important to me than a canopy that will open correctly.

If I'm packing for myself, I usually take my time. Maybe 15 minutes.
If I'm not packing for myself, I'll only use packers that I trust.

I've let semi-random people pack for me before with really bad (hard) results. I don't do that any more.

1530 jumps -- zero cutaways.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

i picked 10 to 20 minutes, but it's more like 11... i can bring it down to 5 -7 minutes when in a hurry, but i like to take my time...
i've started packing for money last year, so i'd guess i have some 800 pack jobs so far, and no serious problem

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

sport rigs: packing at pace is around 5-7. Busy days, about 5. Record: 3:15 (clean pack, no trash packing, Cobalt 85 in a mirage)

Tandem-7 for a vector, 8-9 for a sigma.

my own rig- around 5

And I never trash pack and never sacrifice quality for speed...same pack job every time regardless of time spent.

I picked under 5... I did one this weekend in about 4.5 but it was pretty sloppy (opened nice though) I usually go about 5-6 min if I am not in a rush... if I am hanging out and talking maybe a bit longer..

packed about 500 rigs
mine is a crossfire 2 111, but I can do a 149 jsut as fast:)
-yoshi

Silouette 230, packed it 5 times and got it into the bag for the first time this weekend (4th try) only to have someone trip over my lines (not doing anything good to my mood>:() and had to start over again.

Get it in a second time only to have another smartass tripping over my lines>:(>:(>:(, I went outside and had a long talk to one of the visiting dogs (4 month old Labrador:)
/M