3 3
billvon

Trump vs Hitler

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

When Trump starts comparing himself to Hitler, we can stop pretending it may not be valid comparison:

Trump posts video referencing ‘unified Reich’ if reelected

From the headlines in the video:

"It's a landslide!  Trump wins!  What's next for America?  Industrial strength significantly increased; driven by the creation of a unified Reich."

They're already throwing some staffer under the bus for it.

1 minute ago, olofscience said:

We can always rely on @Coreece for an explanation for this, right?

I don't think Coreece would defend that.

But others already are.  They have skipped right over "he didn't do it" to "OK so he did it but what it really means is that some staffer just made a mistake."  Haven't seen the "Biden did it first" claim yet, but that's coming.

(edited)
34 minutes ago, billvon said:

But others already are.  They have skipped right over "he didn't do it" to "OK so he did it but what it really means is that some staffer just made a mistake." 

So… on balance of probability it’s likely that what they said happened is what happened. A staffer copied a video from another account and didn’t look at it too closely. 

But then it’s also very likely that an account which creates videos with multiple  Third Reich references has lots of other super obvious racist and facist references in plain view - and that a trusted person in the Trump setup had no problem at all deciding that the campaign should be associated with content from that kind of account. Because we all know that Trump himself would have no problem associating with it either.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jakee said:

But then it’s also very likely that an account which creates videos with multiple  Third Reich references has lots of other super obvious racist and facist references in plain view

Shopping for videos there is kind of like shopping for church clothes at Frederick's of Hollywood

Wendy P. 

6 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Shopping for videos there is kind of like shopping for church clothes at Frederick's of Hollywood

Wendy P. 

Now that was an educational and informative google search ; p

36 minutes ago, jakee said:

So… on balance of probability it’s likely that what they said happened is what happened. A staffer copied a video from another account and didn’t look at it too closely.

Given the content, I have a feeling said staffer used an AI engine to create a "video" with the text he wanted to have, and the engine used a background appropriate for that sort of propaganda based on historical associations.  And perhaps he even checked it, but the term "reich" didn't ring a bell.

On 5/7/2024 at 11:51 PM, jakee said:

What’s the difference between a snark premise that you think is true and anything else you say because you think it’s true?

Feel free to try. Though last time didn’t you stop responding when it turned out you don’t know what the phrase tone deaf means?

Reagan?

I don't know, you tell me.

I was hoping you'd do a simple search into those terms.It would improve both your pitch, and literary breadth.

But ya Ronnie,

11 hours ago, billvon said:

Given the content, I have a feeling said staffer used an AI engine to create a "video" with the text he wanted to have, and the engine used a background appropriate for that sort of propaganda based on historical associations.  And perhaps he even checked it, but the term "reich" didn't ring a bell.

He will be free tomorrow to answer questions,lol. 

I don't know if you got this little diddy.

(edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 8:23 PM, billvon said:

Nope, it's not correct.  Simple.

"The left" does not want to abolish free speech or freedom of religion.  Indeed, they are fighting back against republicans who are trying to ban books, courses of study and topics in schools.  They are fighting back against people like Trump, who wants to arrest and jail journalists who criticize him.  They want to stop conservative cancel culture that seeks to cancel anything or anyone they disagree with, from Colin Kaepernick to The View to CNN to "woke" media.

"The left" does not want to abolish gun ownership.  But they do want to do a better job keeping guns out of the hands of homicidal maniacs.

Again pretty simple.

Since it is important to be equally laughable, we should appreciate inherent privilege.

Some books are inappropriate. racist baby and all boys are not blue do not belong in our schools. If you think they do, I'll hold my nose, meet you halfway with one concession. That Abigail Shrier book is available to parents and schools don't keep secrets from parents.

Oh and by the way, nobody wants guns in the hands of homicidal maniacs.

I haven't heard from Slim King in a minute, did you ban him?

Edited by richravizza

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

I was hoping you'd do a simple search into those terms.It would improve both your pitch, and literary breadth.

Well if we’re getting literary I have read 1984. At the risk of sounding judgmental I’d say the probability that you haven’t is quite a bit higher than 84%. I doubt you’ve even watched Brazil.

And remember, we categorically proved that you don’t know what being tone deaf means, so how likely is it that you can teach people about other terms and get it right?

On 5/21/2024 at 12:18 PM, olofscience said:

I was joking, I was referring to the debate some time ago when the Trump campaign emblem looked like the Nazi eagle and Coreece defended it very vigourously.

lmao, this again.  Ya, that's the thread where you publicly admitted you were a troll.

Personally it's hard to take seriously the nazi claims by the left, especially with all the antisemitic protests/encampments at universities across the country.  I haven't seen much posted in here about it, but I haven't really looked.  I have a feeling tho that if it was conservatives protesting, I wouldn't have to look for it.

In defense of the college students, it's doubtful most of them even know what they're protesting.

4 minutes ago, Coreece said:

In defense of the college students, it's doubtful most of them even know what they're protesting.

They are protesting the extreme collective punishment and the blatant attempt at ethnic cleansing being meted out by Israel at the moment. Most of them probably don't completely understand the history and what led up to it. But they do understand that it has gone too far.

• Like 1

It’s just as wrong to conflate 9/11 with all Muslims as it is to conflate the war in Palestine with all Jews. It’s also wrong to say that because you think 9/11 was wrong you hate Muslims, or the same about the war in Palestine.

Mainly because in fact the enemy of your enemy might not be your friend, even for a single battle.

Wendy P. 

58 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

It’s just as wrong to conflate 9/11 with all Muslims as it is to conflate the war in Palestine with all Jews.

As much so as conflating all Republicans as racist, sexist, misogynist or association with Hitler.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

As much so as conflating all Republicans as racist, sexist, misogynist or association with Hitler.  

Who said all Republicans are 'association with Hitler'?

19 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I can only think of one who is anything like Hitler.  Those conservative neo-Nazis marching in Charlottesville were certainly associated with Nazism, though.

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Personally it's hard to take seriously the nazi claims by the left, especially with all the antisemitic protests/encampments at universities across the country. 

I'm not sure how you got from "anti-genocide" and "pro-palestinian" to "antisemitic."

During the 60's, lots of conservatives looked at the anti-Vietnam-war protests and assumed the protesters were filthy, America-hating communists, since the communists were on the other side.  That was just as wrong.  They were protesting the war, not supporting communism.

• Like 3

(edited)
3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

You left out Christian and anti-abortion. Like it or not these days all politics are identity politics. Are you claiming that only a scant minority of Republicans hold those values? 

Edited by JoeWeber

4 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Well, considering that the head of the Republican party and defacto nominee for President is very clearly racist, sexist misogynistic and doing his damndest to imitate Hitler, it's hard not to.

Considering that a bunch of his sycophants, including the Speaker of the House of Representatives (you know, 3rd in line for the Presidency) went to New York to support the Mango Mussolini, it's hard not to.

Considering that the Rs themselves have ostracized anyone who criticizes the Orange Idiot, calling them 'traitors' if they point out how much of a piece of shit Trumpty Dumpty ACTUALLY IS along with calling for him to be held accountable for the CRIMES HE HAS COMMITTED, it's kind of hard not to paint them all with the same (rather broad) brush.

I had some brief hopes that the Lincoln Project would take hold. That honorable Republicans would have an 'off ramp' to continue their platform while distancing themselves from the wannabe dictator.

A few (a very tiny few) did.

The rest fell into lockstep behind their Furher.

• Like 2