1 1
billvon

Trump's decline

Trump is now showing all the classic signs of mental decline - not being oriented in terms of what day it is, forgetting names, places and dates, and confabulating when confronted by those mistakes.  He's mistaken Nikki Haley for Nancy Pelosi several times, has forgotten that he's running against Biden and not Obama, and thinks that we must be guard against being drawn into World War II.  He mistook North Korea for China and has started referring to September 11th as "711."   He even mistook his (former) wife for E. Jean Carroll, the woman he raped in the 90's.

Now, of course, those may be simple verbal typos - transient errors that most people make.  One way mental health professionals determine which it is - simple error or decline - is to see how they react to being questioned about it.  If their response is "dang, got that wrong, that was dumb" then it was likely an error.  If they defend the error and then become angry, it's a good sign that they are seeing a mental decline.

And along those lines, Trump was recently asked about him mixing up Haley and Pelosi.  His reply: "When I interpose, because I'm not a Nikki fan and I'm not a Pelosi fan. And when I purposely interpose names, they said, ‘He didn't know Pelosi from Nikki, from Tricky Nikki, Tricky Dickie. He didn't know.’ I interpose and they make a big deal out of it. I said no, no. I think they both stink, they have something in common, they both stink."  

(and for all the right wingers who have already started typing an angry reply - yes, Biden is going through something similar.)

25 minutes ago, billvon said:

(and for all the right wingers who have already started typing an angry reply - yes, Biden is going through something similar.)

What a time to be alive. At least the dotard qualifies as a Boomer (just barely). Biden is too old and is from the previous generation. You would think the baby boom generation would be in charge by now.

49 minutes ago, billvon said:

And along those lines, Trump was recently asked about him mixing up Haley and Pelosi.  His reply: "When I interpose, because I'm not a Nikki fan and I'm not a Pelosi fan. And when I purposely interpose names, they said, ‘He didn't know Pelosi from Nikki, from Tricky Nikki, Tricky Dickie. He didn't know.’ I interpose and they make a big deal out of it. I said no, no. I think they both stink, they have something in common, they both stink." 

And that is not even a correct use of the word interpose!

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

What a time to be alive. At least the dotard qualifies as a Boomer (just barely). Biden is too old and is from the previous generation. You would think the baby boom generation would be in charge by now.

We’re too busy learning how to text with both thumbs and take selfies of ourselves.

The latest from the trump enterprise marketing arm is trump sneakers, for only $399 Also available is "Victory47" perfume and cologne for sale at $99 each

spacer.png

spacer.png

No word yet if an installment plan is available for their purchase. There is a strict limit of 3 pair per order.

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

The latest from the trump enterprise marketing arm is trump sneakers, for only $399 Also available is "Victory47" perfume and cologne for sale at $99 each

spacer.png

spacer.png

No word yet if an installment plan is available for their purchase. There is a strict limit of 3 pair per order.

Made in China I expect.

10 hours ago, billvon said:

and for all the right wingers who have already started typing an angry reply

lmao, like who?  There are only a handful of stragglers left here and they don't seem particularly angry.  Perhaps you're just confusing them with those in your favorite comment section again. . .Tik Tok?

10 hours ago, billvon said:

yes, Biden is going through something similar.

For awhile it seemed like a favorite American pastime to make fun of presidential gaffes over the years, but with Biden it's just not the same. I don't find it at all funny anymore, and it's becoming exceedingly uncomfortable to watch.

About a month ago I've started noticing certain mannerisms and facial expressions that were remarkably similar to those of my wife due to the long term effects of radiotherapy on the brain that tend to mimic white matter disease.  Apparently there are now new treatments to mitigate these effects, but not sure if they're intended for those experiencing this through natural aging.

trump has claimed forever that his brand has value. Brand equity or goodwill so to speak. Two recent studies of NYC real estate show that buildings with trump's name on them or associated with the trump brand. Show drops in value between 17 and 25% as compared with other similar properties. For buildings where the trump name was removed. They rebounded in value to their comparable peers.

So when trump enterprises goes looking for cash under its new court appointed overseer. To pay off judgements or to post bonds for those same judgements. It has a tough real estate market and trump specific depressed values to deal with.

21 hours ago, billvon said:

...(and for all the right wingers who have already started typing an angry reply - yes, Biden is going through something similar.)

As much as I hate to admit it, Coooorrrreeeeecccceeeee is sort of right.
The 'rabid right wingers' on here have all run away.

They kept getting told to 'prove the bullshit you're spewing' and couldn't.

The only ones left are the ones who blatantly ignore any challenge to their lies.

However, what is Biden going through that is 'similar'?

He stutters. He had a pretty bad stutter when he was younger.
He's come a long way in coping with it, but it's not 'gone'.

As a result of it, sometimes the wrong word comes out. It's part of the coping mechanisms.

I had a friend growing up who had a pretty bad stutter. He went through tons of therapy to deal with it.

What I see with Biden is that sometimes the coping mechanisms fall a bit short.
Nothing more, nothing less.

If you look at archived videos of Trump from even a few years ago, the decline is pretty apparent.

Look at videos of Biden from a few years ago, back when he was Obama's VP, or even before.
There's not a whole lot of change in his behaviors.

Another point is that both allies and adversaries have a lot of respect for Biden.

Macron and Putin have both said publicly that negotiating with Biden is not an easy task.

22 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

As much as I hate to admit it, Coooorrrreeeeecccceeeee is sort of right.

They kept getting told to 'prove the bullshit you're spewing' and couldn't.

Snowflakes melt when the temperature goes up.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Another point is that both allies and adversaries have a lot of respect for Biden.

Compared to the people closest to Trump.  They fall into several camps:

The ones in jail (over a dozen now)
The ones that still rely on his influence, who support him 100%
Everyone else, who state he's a walking disaster (even one in his own family)

13 hours ago, Coreece said:

lmao, like who?  There are only a handful of stragglers left here and they don't seem particularly angry.  Perhaps you're just confusing them with those in your favorite comment section again. . .Tik Tok?

For awhile it seemed like a favorite American pastime to make fun of presidential gaffes over the years, but with Biden it's just not the same. I don't find it at all funny anymore, and it's becoming exceedingly uncomfortable to watch.

About a month ago I've started noticing certain mannerisms and facial expressions that were remarkably similar to those of my wife due to the long term effects of radiotherapy on the brain that tend to mimic white matter disease.  Apparently there are now new treatments to mitigate these effects, but not sure if they're intended for those experiencing this through natural aging.

Biden is old, says dumb stuff on occasion, and some of his advisors need a good, swift, kick in the ass. But there is nothing, absolutely nothing he has done, is doing, or might do (or say) that would justify even thinking about voting for Trump. Biden beat him before so we know he can beat him again. Now, if Trump falls over dead then most certainly it would be agreeable to see the shepherds crook come out from stage left and pull his occasionally confused self behind the curtains. But wish thinking is just that so in the meantime we should be freakin' thrilled that even though that milquetoast Garland couldn't get his shit together in realtime at least we have Biden to beat back a second Trump presidency.

• Like 1

(edited)
7 hours ago, billvon said:

Compared to the people closest to Trump.  They fall into several camps:

The ones in jail (over a dozen now)
The ones that still rely on his influence, who support him 100%
Everyone else, who state he's a walking disaster (even one in his own family)

I saw Lindsey Graham on one of the political news shows this morning after CBS Sunday Morning (which had a good piece on aging and Biden was mentioned in regard to his awareness and how sharp he is).

Lindsey repeatedly mentioned Trump when discussing border security and Ukraine aid bills - I kept thinking WTF does a rapist fraud former POTUS facing 91 felony charges and possibly going broke over his civil suits have to do with ANYTHING Congress does. Can we seriously imagine a rapist POTUS? Convicted felon?? Wages garnished and properties seized for repayment of debt? Can't enter foreign nations due to being a convicted criminal??? How in the world would someone have that status and get a top secret SCI clearance????

It's beyond insanity to see fellow Americans supporting him - more so at this point in Trump world.

Edited by normiss
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Hehe...antiques roadshow.

Thanks. That's the first time I've been able to watch it here in my home and native land. And now I know that the only good news is that one day the Sun will run out of hydrogen.

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Thanks. That's the first time I've been able to watch it here in my home and native land. And now I know that the only good news is that one day the Sun will run out of hydrogen.

Sadly, not before November 5, 2024. 

10 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

So have most of the more thoughtful ones. Which is a shame; hearing how normal and thoughtful people think is valuable, and informs me. But no one likes being dogpiled forever

Wendy P. 

• Like 1