1 1
billvon

Chaos in the GOP

4 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Surely amongst the Republican members of the House there must be some who are sane and reasonable enough to negotiate support from enough Democrats.  But, that would require prioritizing legislating over partisan power, so of course it will never happen.

For most of them it would be political suicide at primary time. Which is why it can't happen that way. It's as if Joseph Heller devised the system as a Catch-22.

(edited)

The GOP is as useless, crazy, chaotic and dysfunctional as any party could possibly be, and yet, 45-49% of the population will still vote for that.

you cannot make this shit up and america is the dumbest country in the world.

Edited by tkhayes

20 minutes ago, ryoder said:

And....Scalise is out; He just withdrew.

You know: proceeding along as planned.

The economy is strong, inflation is way down, unemployment is low and wages are up. Add to that the Republicans in the house couldn't organize a three person marble game if two offered to play and brought the marbles and the election should be a Blue wave. Nothing is normal anymore.

• Like 2

The Clown Show continues.

Sad thing is that despite having a proven lying con-artist as nominal party leader and a complete inability to do the job they're there for, they still have the support of so many Americans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

Sad thing is that despite having a proven lying con-artist as nominal party leader

Well that's it then. Trump for Speaker. He said he would if necessary and now it's time. And....if he did it would probably turn out that he is far to the left of the nutters.

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

The Clown Show continues.

Sad thing is that despite having a proven lying con-artist as nominal party leader and a complete inability to do the job they're there for, they still have the support of so many Americans.

John,

Young people such as yourself, still struggling to find a path and purpose in life, are in for a hard ride. The rest of us can just sit back and watch the tragicomedy unfold, mostly unaffected. 

24 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Yes ... I'm an  Independent voting for Kennedy. 

You’re pushing Kennedy because you think he’ll steal votes from the Democrats who you hate. When you realise he’s actually far more popular with Right wingers like you, then you’ll dump him and go back to explicitly supporting Trump like the good little MAGA Republican that you are.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slim King said:

Exactly... Most Republicans aren't Mindless Zombies that stagger in a straight line like the Democrats. They will fight it out and get it right.

Yeah they’re gonna put it through the same unimpeachable process that gave us Speaker Kevin McCarthy….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lippy said:

Yeah they’re gonna put it through the same unimpeachable process that gave us Speaker Kevin McCarthy….

10 hours ago, Slim King said:

Exactly... Most Republicans aren't Mindless Zombies that stagger in a straight line like the Democrats. They will fight it out and get it right.

Hold on Slim could be right here??.... The objective for the GOP isn't skilled leadership. Its the MAGA objective of pandering to the "burn Washington to the ground" base.

10 hours ago, Slim King said:

Most Republicans aren't Mindless Zombies that stagger in a straight line like the Democrats. They will fight it out and get it right.

So the last two aborted speakers were examples of "getting it right?"  Funny.

Can't wait until they "get it right" with the next two-month speaker.

Inflation is UP and there are millions of homeless and unemployed.

Here in reality, inflation is down and we have record low unemployment.

On 10/12/2023 at 1:41 PM, Slim King said:

L@@KS like the GOP chaos is over. 

Remember when you said this because they had chosen Scalise?

You're good for comic relief here, I'll give you that.

Up next - SK posts "L@@KS like the GOP chaos is over again now that they have chosen Gym Jordan!"

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Frankly, given his posting history, I think SK wants to sow chaos — just as Bannon seems to deliberately, and Trump and much of the hard right out of a lack of understanding of complexity 

Practically every hot topic today involves a level of complexity that people are unwilling to accept if it doesn't align with their narrative.  Racial and gender disparities are a good example.  They're not all explicitly about race or gender, and if those reasons aren't acknowledged and explored proportionately, then how do you ever expect to fix them?

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

I didn't mention Scalice. 

You posted a video about Scalice winning the internal nomination and said ‘looks like the chaos is over’. If one thing had nothing to do with the other then you’ve broken forum rules by posting a video without commenting on it.

4 hours ago, Slim King said:

The Repubs are weeding out the corruption. 

You have quite an imagination!

8 hours ago, Coreece said:

Practically every hot topic today involves a level of complexity that people are unwilling to accept if it doesn't align with their narrative.  Racial and gender disparities are a good example.  They're not all explicitly about race or gender, and if those reasons aren't acknowledged and explored proportionately, then how do you ever expect to fix them?

I'm not sure some of them are exactly fixable. Society changes all the time, whether in response to increasing population pressure, technology change, or other social or physical change, so "solving" them is a moving target. But the ability to recognize change, and adjust to it, seems to be variable within and among groups. Of course, my standard trope is trying to respect people as they are, but to expect them to respect others as well. Which really means that "fixing" isn't exactly the same thing for me as for anyone else, either.

But I completely agree with people either not accepting (or understanding, or tolerating) complexity that doesn't align. It just seems to  most of us (me, too, sometimes), that it's just not worth it under those circumstances. Generally wrong. But time saving, eh? I also think most people are inherently lazy and self-serving. Not that it's bad, it's just what people are; we save energy for what's most important.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

More fun from George Santos.  Keep in mind that this is the guy indicted for fraud for stealing money from his supporters and lying about his resume on official forms.

He is now threatening to quit if the nomination of the new speaker is in any way bipartisan.  Nothing says "willing to do my job" like threatening to quit if you have to work with your colleagues.

He also is demanding the US pull out of the UN because he thinks they weren't honest about something.  "We need to call out the fake stuff" according to Santos.  But apparently not HIS fake stuff, just other people's.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/george-santos-threatens-to-quit-congress-if-gop-works-with-dems-on-speaker-deal-reports/ar-AA1idGOt