1 1
billvon

Chaos in the GOP

59 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I must say, the Taylor Swift psyop is really elevating the wit level in Speakers' Corner. That girl is gooooood!

I just saw this in an article and nearly spat out my tea. Most savage burn I’ve ever read.

Posobiec did not elaborate on who “they” are, but Roseanne Barr, the rightwing former actor who, for unexplained reasons, was also in the video, agreed.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/jan/31/taylor-swift-travis-kelce-super-bowl-rightwing-conspiracy-biden

2 hours ago, jakee said:

I just saw this in an article and nearly spat out my tea. Most savage burn I’ve ever read.

Posobiec did not elaborate on who “they” are, but Roseanne Barr, the rightwing former actor who, for unexplained reasons, was also in the video, agreed.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/jan/31/taylor-swift-travis-kelce-super-bowl-rightwing-conspiracy-biden

I have long thought it is quite a stretch to consider Roseanne an actor.

I thought she was just a basic standup comic that "played" herself on her one show. Meh.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

You're forgetting a very important part of the whole situation.

They're stupid.

They're REALLY fucking stupid.

Seen elsewhere:

"If Taylor Swift is what it's going to take to defeat MAGA, then sequin my butt and call me a Swiftie."

Check out these bad boy's. Just $29.99 on Amazon with free shipping. Just shake it off, baby!

https://www.amazon.com/Arsimus-Reversible-Sequins-Stretchy-Rainbow/dp/B083GBS2VQ/ref=sr_1_28?crid=12RL77670ZXSF&keywords=sequin+shorts+men&qid=1706716010&sprefix=sequin+short+men%2Caps%2C404&sr=8-28

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 10.47.53 AM.png

18 hours ago, billvon said:

Today's GOP funny:

Apparently Taylor Swift is a "pentagon asset", and her and Travis Kelse are an "artificially culturally propped-up couple."  As a result the Pentagon will step in to ensure that Kansas City wins the superbowl, so that Swift's endorsement of Biden has more impact.  Some choice quotes:

“Taylor Swift is an op. It’s all fake. You’re being played.”

“The Democrats’ Taylor Swift election interference psyop is happening in the open.  It’s not a coincidence that current and former Biden admin officials are propping up Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. They are going to use Taylor Swift as the poster child for their pro-abortion GOTV Campaign.”

“The NFL is totally RIGGED for the Kansas City Chiefs, Taylor Swift, Mr. Pfizer (Travis Kelce).  All to spread DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA. Calling it now: KC wins, goes to Super Bowl, Swift comes out at the halftime show and ‘endorses’ Joe Biden with Kelce at midfield. It’s all been an op since day one."

So for the past six months the Pentagon has been running this op and making Kansas City win all their games.  Perhaps if San Francisco does well at the Superbowl the secret Jewish space lasers will make an appearance.

They could use Paul McCartney to get 70 year olds to vote for, I don't know who,  Ringo?

MAGAs have a huge problem right now - the economy is, well, great.  That goes directly counter to all the messaging about Biden's economy, and they face a massive threat that people will start thinking "wow, the MAGAs are telling me this is Biden's economy, and it's really pretty good."

To offset that, MAGAs must immediately pull their money out of their 401k's.  This will ensure that THEY can complain that their 401k's are not making any money, and they had to pay Biden penalties to boot.  With any luck they will cause an economic slowdown as their withdrawals cause a loss of shareholder value.

More detail from USA Today:
===================================================

True MAGA patriots must remove themselves from Biden’s booming economy, cash out 401(k)s

Rex Huppke, USA TODAY

To all devoted MAGA patriots aboard the Trump Train:

America’s economy appears to have gone woke and is now fully supporting the reelection of Crooked Joe Biden. I’m not sure how this happened, but no matter how much we say the economy is terrible, it keeps unpatriotically refusing to be terrible, posing a direct threat to PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump in the 2024 presidential race.

Just look at these recent headlines about the now-totally-liberal economy:

Along with all that, the S&P 500, which we now know has a liberal bias, hit a record high Jan. 19, wage growth is beating inflation and jobless claims hit their lowest point since 2022.

There must be fear! Good economic news forces the GOP to switch narrative to the border.

A booming Biden economy is bad for America and worse for Trump

None of this is good news if you care about President Trump or America. It’s clear Democrats are manipulating the economy and making it the strongest economy in the world in order to fool voters into thinking Biden is a competent president.

Don’t believe me? If you own stocks or have a 401(k), just look at your balance and you’ll see EXACTLY what these cheaters are up to. They’re trying to buy your votes by putting more money in your pockets. That’s cheating. DON’T BE FOOLED!

It’s clear true Trump supporters cannot be party to this kind of liberal skullduggery. So in response to this distressing spate of positive economic news, I hereby call on all MAGA faithful to remove themselves from the CORRUPTLY BOOMING BIDEN ECONOMY.

Cash out your 401(k) and invest in the Trump Train, baby!

If you have a 401(k), you need to immediately cash that out and either donate the money to President Trump’s reelection campaign/legal defense fund (he will give it back to you, with interest, once elected) or invest those funds in somethings sensible, like digital Trump Trading Cards.

Next, you must quit your job. It’s on us to help President Trump’s campaign by bringing those unemployment numbers back up to where we think they should be under an incompetent president who doesn’t know what day it is.

If you aren’t willing to quit your job, you must at least refuse any pay raise you’re offered. Only a squishy lib would allow himself to get paid more while a DEMONcrat is in office.

Trump wants you to believe America is a disaster – do as he says

Lastly, it is ABSOLUTELY imperative that you not feel confident about the future. America is a terrible place. It is falling apart. The economy is in shambles and your personal economic situation is a garbage fire.

Darkness is everywhere. Living is anguish. All hope is lost.

Only by embracing these America-first beliefs, and believing Trump is the one person who can fix everything and make life perfect, will you be able to declare yourself a true MAGA loyalist.

So get out there, fellow patriot, and disconnect from Biden’s economy. Sell stocks, put your retirement money in Trump’s coffers, embrace the gloom.

When it comes to Biden’s hot economy, remember this: Go broke or you're woke.

And even Lou Dobbs, of all people, has had it with the Hunter Biden witch hunt:

"Congressman, I have to say to you, it sounds to me like we're right where we were six months ago. It really does. I don't see any advancement in this, and a progress toward incriminating evidence for the president. I mean, what we're talking about is a stasis. It's as if everything is frozen right there in time, waiting for either contradiction, invalidation of these statements by people, that I think everyone would assume common sense tells you that they're lying through their teeth and trying to protect someone. But that's insufficient."

In other words, Biden is winning by simply ignoring the angry republicans.

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

Too bad CO's Ken Buck is leaving the House. One of the few in the GOP who can still think for themselves.

Breaking: Impeachment of Secretary Mayorkas Fails In House

Geez.  That's terrible news for Mike Johnson and the GOP; chaos reigns and they've effectively become impotent.  Thoughts and prayers.

10 hours ago, ryoder said:

From the story:

Worried House Republicans are looking to Johnson for plans for keeping their majority after record-low productivity for this Congress. Instead, he is offering thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, ryoder said:

McConnell will step down as the Senate Republican leader in November after a record run in the job

I have the utmost confidence in the GOP to find an even worse replacement.

absolutely.  They will put the craziest MF in there they can find.  And if Trump wins the election, there will be mass resignations across many agencies. 

That used to get a Prez to a point of resignation, maybe impeachment, but Trump and the GOP are HOPING for this as part of the strategy of putting the craziest Trump loyalists in power.... removing the last checks and balances in the system.  There would not even be enforcement of a Supreme Court ruling if they ruled against Trump.

McConnell leaving is another loss of that check and balance.  one less brick in the wall.

Assuming there is a special election, the Democrats should be unlimited amounts of money to get someone elected in KY.

Edited by tkhayes
added more

9 minutes ago, tkhayes said:

Assuming there is a special election, the Democrats should be unlimited amounts of money to get someone elected in KY.

He is not resigning his Senate seat. Only the leadership. His term is not expiring and there will be no special election unless he dies or serves it out.

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

McConnell will step down as the Senate Republican leader in November after a record run in the job

I have the utmost confidence in the GOP to find an even worse replacement.

No doubt the replacement will be more MAGA/crazy, but we can hope they’ll be nowhere near as effective as McConnell (at least as effective as McConnell when he’s not glitching)

• Like 1

(edited)
26 minutes ago, lippy said:

No doubt the replacement will be more MAGA/crazy, but we can hope they’ll be nowhere near as effective as McConnell (at least as effective as McConnell when he’s not glitching)

Josh Hawley crazy?

Edit...That decision will not be made until after the election. If Trump becomes POTUS again his endorsement will probably be the deciding factor and he is known to favour Rick Scott. . If Biden wins it will probably go to one of the current more senior leaders. The most important thing is will he (and it will be a he) be the majority or the minority leader.

Edited by gowlerk

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

He is not resigning his Senate seat. Only the leadership. His term is not expiring and there will be no special election unless he dies or serves it out.

Apparently I misread the headline.  I never got how Mitch gets elected so much, everyone I know in KY hate him, but he still wins.

We could use a good die-off of many in House, Senate and presidential candidates.....

• Like 1