2 2
brenthutch

Hurricane season

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

My phone says that there have been around 60 Hurricanes in Florida since I moved here. We had 7 in one year. I see Biden is giving the victims $700 per family ... That get's you three nights at a Maui Hotel and a few hot meals at the most. Meanwhile he sends $80 billion to the Ukraine laundromat. Now the government is trying to take advantage of these poor people and seize the land to further their evil plans....Kinda like when Nero burned the slums of Rome so he could build a new palace!!!! L@@KING for the video of an eye witness who claims the police caused the traffic backup that prevented an easier escape. He walked out. L@@KS like it's been scrubbed.... Distraught families are now being approached by the government to sell their properties asap to make a Memorial for the Dead. Real Estate brokers are descending like vultures.

Can you at least try to limit your incoherent ramblings to 1 conspiracy/post?  

• Like 4

(edited)
1 hour ago, lippy said:

Can you at least try to limit your incoherent ramblings to 1 conspiracy/post?  

He is on my ignore list, so I don't see his posts unless someone quotes them.

But the last time I encountered rambling like that, it was Dennis Hopper in "Apocalypse Now".

Edited by ryoder

23 minutes ago, Slim King said:

That seems to be the difference here on the DZ... Liberals block people but Conservatives are not afraid to listen to all sides of an argument... Very telling. The vultures are moving in on the land in Maui. Biden hasn't gone and a measly $700 a family helps no one. Biden gives illegal aliens more than that. They want the victims so desperate that they have no other choice.

Since you listen to both sides of a story, what side of that story comes from a liberal source or background?

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

That seems to be the difference here on the DZ... Liberals block people but Conservatives are not afraid to listen to all sides of an argument... Very telling.

Conservatives are literally cancelling Colin Kaepernick, Nike, Target, Chick-Fil-A, and Disney because they are afraid of what they are saying.  They are afraid that trans people might talk to kids.  They are so afraid of CRT that they have banned it in Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Alaska and about a dozen other red states.  They are so afraid of LGBT people in Florida that they have banned any discussion of that in schools.  They are so afraid of books that they ban them regularly; they have banned 350 books so far from Florida schools.

Liberals are the ones fighting for free speech, for the right to read any books you want, for the right to study structural racism, for the right for LGBT kids to talk to other LGBT kids about themselves at school.

The vultures are moving in on the land in Maui.

Indeed they are.  Conservatives will snap that land up for pennies on the dollar, pat themselves on the back for their fiscal wisdom, and then counsel the newly homeless that it's all their fault, and if they just worked harder they could afford a home in Maui too.

a measly $700 a family helps no one.

How much have you contributed?

Biden gives illegal aliens more than that.

Wrong.  Illegals pay more than they take in.   We make money on them.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:59 AM, ryoder said:

He is on my ignore list, so I don't see his posts unless someone quotes them.

But the last time I encountered rambling like that, it was Dennis Hopper in "Apocalypse Now".

Be it the seventies or now a stoner is still a stoner.

in other news the National Hurricane Center is tracking one hurricane, a cat 4 headed to the US. In addition four tropical disturbances are being tracked.

So how many kilos of crow can Brent eat in a day? For Americans it would be how many lbs of crow can BH eat in a day? OK, OK its a trick question. Everyone knows Brent doesn't eat crow. He backpedals like a madman.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

So how many kilos of crow can Brent eat in a day?

None of course.

Four disturbances being tracked.  Brent: "There was the same number on (some day 36 years ago!)"

Cat 4 hurricane heading to the US.  Brent: "Yawn!  Nothing new here.  Hurricanes hit all the time."

Coastlines losing beaches, roads and houses to sea level rise: "Maybe the earth is just sinking.  Didn't think of THAT did you, you loser libs!"

Fires destroying Lahaina due to drought, high temps and unusually strong hurricane winds: "Yeah but something must have started it.  It's not global warming!"

57 minutes ago, billvon said:

None of course.

Four disturbances being tracked.  Brent: "There was the same number on (some day 36 years ago!)"

Cat 4 hurricane heading to the US.  Brent: "Yawn!  Nothing new here.  Hurricanes hit all the time."

Coastlines losing beaches, roads and houses to sea level rise: "Maybe the earth is just sinking.  Didn't think of THAT did you, you loser libs!"

Fires destroying Lahaina due to drought, high temps and unusually strong hurricane winds: "Yeah but something must have started it.  It's not global warming!"

In Kelowna, BC, according to reports, there is an out of control fire turning into a real emergency. According to some reports folks are fleeing into Okanagan Lake to escape or be rescued by boat. Totally normal evidence that what goes around comes around, no doubt. These things have always happened especially back in the salubrious period known as the Fire Optimum. So, without averaging these events into the last several Millenia you won't get the true picture. 

18 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

In Kelowna, BC, according to reports, there is an out of control fire turning into a real emergency. According to some reports folks are fleeing into Okanagan Lake to escape or be rescued by boat.

Fire is indeed out of control. One of my multi residential buildings is right on the edge of the evacuation order. Also have family living in the area. Haven't seen any reports of people having to go in the lake. Only reason that would have happened if they did not head the alerts and orders.

Fire grew 6 fold overnight and jumped the lake from West Kelowna into Lake Country north of Kelowna. Airspace over the airport is now closed.

This afternoon and evening it is likely going to get worse.

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Fire is indeed out of control. One of my multi residential buildings is right on the edge of the evacuation order. Also have family living in the area. Haven't seen any reports of people having to go in the lake. Only reason that would have happened if they did not head the alerts and orders.

Fire grew 6 fold overnight and jumped the lake from West Kelowna into Lake Country north of Kelowna. Airspace over the airport is now closed.

This afternoon and evening it is likely going to get worse.

From KelownaNow:

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 10.55.41 AM.png

Looks like Hilary will hit us almost head-on.  San Diego hasn't had a hurricane (or even a tropical storm with high winds) hit us dead on since the 1850s.  We've had two other storms hit near us, but the more recent one hit about 50 miles east and the older one hit about 100 miles north.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

spacer.png

The current N. Atlantic situation. Brent should be dining on crow soon and its a good thing Joe got the hell out of the Caribbean. Imagine you're on a sailboat in the Bahamas.  Which direction is safety?

The Chesapeake, maybe, but then you should already be there. In the age of Global Warming with rising oceans and receding shorelines betting on the water is working out. 

I'll leave the hurricane forecast to the NOAA.

But for the Slim forecast:

These past few days Slim is visibly getting more frantic, more desperate.

Then I checked the news, Trump is going to surrender to Fulton County authorities on Thursday, so I expect Slim's posting to get even more frantic and desperate. Unhinged posting activity should peak on Thursday then show some decline.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, olofscience said:

Then I checked the news, Trump is going to surrender to Fulton County authorities on Thursday, so I expect Slim's posting to get even more frantic and desperate. Unhinged posting activity should peak on Thursday then show some decline.

When Trump's mugshot hits the jail internet page the Trumpeteers will be triggered.

They will ignore the fact that Trump fucked around and is now finding out.

They will also hate the Constitution as the discussion of the 14th Amendment, Section 3 seems to be gaining ground.

17 minutes ago, normiss said:

They will also hate the Constitution as the discussion of the 14th Amendment, Section 3 seems to be gaining ground.

True trumpers will dismiss this by calling the courts fixed and corrupt. Then satisfy their frustrations by buying another AR-15.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, olofscience said:

Also, the Ukrainians are doing a damned good job of destroying Russian stores and infrastructure on Crimea. They've taken back a significant amount of territory, something like 3 sq km in the Bakmuht area. It took the Russians months to take that ground. And a shitload of dead Russians.

Reports are that the Black Sea 'Fleet' is now minus a couple more ships.

Best of all, the Chechen thugs under Kadyrov engaged in a 'minor skirmish' with Russian troops. Several dead and something like 40 wounded.