3 3
billvon

Florida mandates teaching that slavery had benefits to blacks

You heard that right.  DeSantis is now requiring middle schools to teach that black people received a "personal benefit" from slavery because they "developed skills."  And in high school?  They now have to teach that the Ococee massacre, where 500 blacks were killed by the KKK, included "acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans."

The evil part of me wants to see middle school teachers teach that modern sex slavery has some benefits, especially for young girls.  Think of the skills they could learn.  And that Christians participated in the 9/11 attacks.  "Hey, DeSantis said that we have to teach both sides!"

17 minutes ago, billvon said:

You heard that right.  DeSantis is now requiring middle schools to teach that black people received a "personal benefit" from slavery because they "developed skills."  And in high school?  They now have to teach that the Ococee massacre, where 500 blacks were killed by the KKK, included "acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans."

The evil part of me wants to see middle school teachers teach that modern sex slavery has some benefits, especially for young girls.  Think of the skills they could learn.  And that Christians participated in the 9/11 attacks.  "Hey, DeSantis said that we have to teach both sides!"

Which brings us to the issue of reparations. In light of all of the personal benefits received, please explain why they shouldn't be forced to cough up the cost of getting them here.

35 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Which brings us to the issue of reparations. In light of all of the personal benefits received, please explain why they shouldn't be forced to cough up the cost of getting them here.

The ultimate anti-woke "own the libs" campaign!  Convince the families of former slaveowners to send tuition bills to blacks across the US.  You'd get a lot of support from the anti-woke "but I am NOT A RACIST" people.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Given that FloriDUH already requires girls to register their Menstruation cycle dates, I don't think the sex slavery is much of a stretch.

Some Floridian politicians have already shown their support for child sex slavery, including some insider trading in the business.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi John,

Trump.

Jerry Baumchen

trump is the spark plug but republicans are the gasoline. With DeSantis and the others selling anti-wokism With so many poaching MAGA ideas its not likely to end tomorrow.

Imagine the hate that will come out from the debates then the republican convention.

11 hours ago, billvon said:

...  And that Christians participated in the 9/11 attacks.  "Hey, DeSantis said that we have to teach both sides!"

Well ... if you want to be a theological nit-picker ... most Muslims are technically Jews since they include the Jewish Old Testaments in their Holy Koran. The Koranic stories about Adam, Eve, Moses, Noah, Abraham, etc. were originally written by Jews. Similarly, Muslims can be counted as Christians since they recognize Jesus Christ and important prophet-of-god, just not the most important or last prophet-of-god.

On 7/22/2023 at 12:30 AM, riggerrob said:

Well ... if you want to be a theological nit-picker ... most Muslims are technically Jews since they include the Jewish Old Testaments in their Holy Koran. The Koranic stories about Adam, Eve, Moses, Noah, Abraham, etc. were originally written by Jews. Similarly, Muslims can be counted as Christians since they recognize Jesus Christ and important prophet-of-god, just not the most important or last prophet-of-god.

Jews are a big, dysfunctional family (quite literally the children of Israel).  Those who have adopted our bronze-age family lore/mythology as the basis for their systems of delusion (for reasons that escape me) are not Jews but wannabes.

On 7/22/2023 at 2:40 AM, Erroll said:

I see Ted Cruz is now even bitching about the  Barbie movie!

Yep.  The Barbie movie is now officially WOKE MADNESS.  Unless it's unusually successful, in which case the usual suspects will declare that it is no longer woke.

(edited)
On 7/21/2023 at 3:48 PM, kallend said:

When I came to the USA in 1977 it seemed such a land of opportunity and a breath of fresh air.

Now the stink is becoming overwhelming.  WTF happened?

Too many foreigners, move back, it might reduce the stink.:tongue:

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

foreigners are the reason that Florida wants to teach black history and slavery as a benefit to black Americans?  please attempt to explain....

Oh wait, no... don't bother.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Good googaloo, man, Kallend has a Double First and was awarded the Christopher Columbus hat, too. If anybody needs to go it's not him. Although I do have some ideas.

Emmett Till would have been 82 today.

I wonder how the bigots will handle this - boycott maybe.  Perhaps our resident bigots will tell us.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-monument-emmett-till-black-civil-rights-6d26b248f906a4ce5654cb2f11c9ffa2

The Chicago monument will be just a couple of blocks from the campus where I taught for 39 years.

16 minutes ago, kallend said:

I wonder how the bigots will handle this - boycott maybe.  Perhaps our resident bigots will tell us.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-monument-emmett-till-black-civil-rights-6d26b248f906a4ce5654cb2f11c9ffa2

The Chicago monument will be just a couple of blocks from the campus where I taught for 39 years.

I'm sure Emmett Till would have fought back if he could. So I think we can all agree on the night he was murdered that there was violence on both sides.

(edited)
3 hours ago, kallend said:

This will really rile the FOX base up.

3 hours ago, kallend said:

... the campus where I taught for 39 years.

Speaking of another institution.......congratulations!

But for the US right, immigrants just want to freeload and are a bunch of uneducated Blacks, Browns etc.

Instead: "Canada has a message for highly skilled immigrant workers in Silicon Valley: Move north.

The country is creating an easy path for these tech workers to relocate there. Starting July 16, Canada will streamline visas for people who hold the H-1B specialty occupation visa in the U.S., as well as their immediate family members. Those workers are overwhelmingly employees at tech companies. ...

The technology sector in Canada is growing at a faster pace than it is in America, and it is almost entirely because of restrictive U.S. immigration policies,” Zoe Lofgren, D-San Jose, said in a statement. “Rather than facilitating the issuance of visas to skilled individuals, like Canada, America’s current system is plagued with roadblocks that are difficult (or even impossible) to surmount.”

spacer.png

Above a billboard on Highway 101 from San Francisco to San Jose.

What a great idea. Let America vet the best skilled Indian engineers and then steal them. Right out from under the noses of America's technology driving companies.

Thanks Brent, thanks trump, Canada gives thanks to the republican party.

Edited by Phil1111