3 3
JoeWeber

Indicted

On 6/11/2023 at 6:50 PM, tkhayes said:

Trump is not walking away from this with no convictions. 

No guarantees. AC can dismiss the case halfway through trial and Fed would not be able to appeal and Double Jeopardy would prevent Feds from bringing case again. 

14 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

No guarantees. AC can dismiss the case halfway through trial and Fed would not be able to appeal and Double Jeopardy would prevent Feds from bringing case again. 

Agree no guarantees. Courts of appeal is the final backstop for judicial bias.. If a rabbit warren trumper lies during jury selection it could be game, set and match.

57 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Attorney Devin Stone analyzes the indictment:

I love the conversation with his lawyers that absolutely nails the (always ridiculous) argument from the right of ‘why didn’t they just ask him to give them back’. Well they did ask and Trump’s immediate responses were 1) What if we just ignore them? 2) Why don’t we just tell them we don’t have anything? 3) Wouldn’t it be better if there were no documents? (Not to mention that he then criminally conspired on multiple occasions to hide them from the FBI and lied about it.)

Also - his ‘Beautiful Mind’ boxes ^.^

The applicable principle is that one should never wrestle with a pig.  You get muddy and the pig enjoys it.

Trump's career has been one of ignoring rules without consequences.  It would be no surprise if he walked away from this one.

The closest we have to Elba is Gitmo, but I'd be pleased if he wound up incommunicado in either place.

I guess the best we could hope for would be if he choked on a chicken bone or suffered a similarly ignominious fate.  If he suffered a stroke like Woodrow Wilson he'd probably get reelected.

At least it would shut him up.

BSBD,

Winsor 

• Like 1

WaPo:

Trump scrambles to find lawyer on eve of first federal court appearance

Multiple lawyers have declined to take the former president’s case in which he is accused of mishandling classified documents and obstructing the government’s efforts to retrieve them, people familiar with the matter said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if I were a lawyer I'd be reluctant, given Trump's history of not paying those who work for him, and getting his lawyers in legal jeopardy themselves. 

24 minutes ago, kallend said:

WaPo:

Trump scrambles to find lawyer on eve of first federal court appearance

Multiple lawyers have declined to take the former president’s case in which he is accused of mishandling classified documents and obstructing the government’s efforts to retrieve them, people familiar with the matter said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if I were a lawyer I'd be reluctant, given Trump's history of not paying those who work for him, and getting his lawyers in legal jeopardy themselves. 

Maybe a job for the public defender's office.

According to Speaker McCarthy,  bathrooms actually aren't such a bad place to store some of the country's most sensitive national security documents because bathroom doors can be locked.

They sure can. From the inside. Which is convenient if you feel like stealing the TP roll and rifling through nuclear secrets without anyone bothering you.

:blank:

On 6/11/2023 at 8:50 PM, tkhayes said:

dozens of felony counts.  Trump is not walking away from this with no convictions.  Pardons still mean you are guilty, so they don't mean shit to anyone with a fucking brain.

He's a fucking crook.  he always was.  He's a fucking con man.  He always was.  Arguably he is guilty of sedition, given the Seditious conspiracy convictions of Jan 6 already... and that may be coming yet.  6 dozen felony counts might give the other prosecutors the balls to proceed as well.

This is as close to actual treason as we could find if there is ever evidence that he shared any docs with a foreign entity.

Fuck that seditious cunt.  fuck anyone that supports that seditious cunt at this point.  Stop making excuses for the worst president we have ever had in the white house.  There is no comparison to this fucking mutt of a human being.  When he dies (and he will someday) I will be hosting a neighborhood BBQ and open an 18 year old bottle of single malt.

that.....fucking....seditious.....cunt.....

Look at what he's done you people. . .

#winning

(and I mean that in a sorrowful way)

1 hour ago, kallend said:

What kind of moron gives money to an obvious  criminal con-man? (rhetorical, no response needed).

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/14/trump-2-million-arraignment-fundraiser-00101931

The kind of moron has been determined and is now widely known. All that remains is pretending our reasoning will somehow enlighten one or two of said morons. BTW, what is your success rate?

11 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

The judge who (for now) is presiding over this trial has had a grand total of 14 days experience presiding over criminal trials.

We are going to look so dumb if she even gets to open her stupid mouth once at the trial. Even if she tries to play it straight she doesn't know her ass from a gavel and our vaunted Justice system will have placed her at the head of the most important trial thus far in American history. You called it: what a banana republic.

35 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

We are going to look so dumb if she even gets to open her stupid mouth once at the trial. Even if she tries to play it straight she doesn't know her ass from a gavel and our vaunted Justice system will have placed her at the head of the most important trial thus far in American history. You called it: what a banana republic.

My fear with her isn't so much the partisanship, but she is entirely unprepared and unqualified to deal with this case. Hopefully she has some egregious rulings that will allow the prosecution to ask the 11th circuit to have her removed.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

My fear with her isn't so much the partisanship, but she is entirely unprepared and unqualified to deal with this case. Hopefully she has some egregious rulings that will allow the prosecution to ask the 11th circuit to have her removed.

That she's even in the mix now is already a devastating blow to our reputation. If she needs to be removed it will be widely be seen as political both here and abroad and the interpretations that will come will weaken our nation. Maybe, if we lived in a rational world, her fellow jurists would take her aside and convince her that doing the right thing is the important thing. I'm not holding my breath.

Judge Cannon has 14 days criminal trial experience over four trials. She is a member of the Federalist society "with the aim of challenging liberal or left-wing ideology within elite American law schools and universities. The organization's stated objectives are "checking federal power, protecting individual liberty and interpreting the Constitution according to its original meaning"

If you want to be named to the judiciary by republicans you pretty much have to be a member.

(edited)
On 6/12/2023 at 12:50 PM, tkhayes said:

dozens of felony counts.  Trump is not walking away from this with no convictions.  Pardons still mean you are guilty, so they don't mean shit to anyone with a fucking brain.

He's a fucking crook.  he always was.  He's a fucking con man.  He always was.  Arguably he is guilty of sedition, given the Seditious conspiracy convictions of Jan 6 already... and that may be coming yet.  6 dozen felony counts might give the other prosecutors the balls to proceed as well.

This is as close to actual treason as we could find if there is ever evidence that he shared any docs with a foreign entity.

Fuck that seditious cunt.  fuck anyone that supports that seditious cunt at this point.  Stop making excuses for the worst president we have ever had in the white house.  There is no comparison to this fucking mutt of a human being.  When he dies (and he will someday) I will be hosting a neighborhood BBQ and open an 18 year old bottle of single malt.

that.....fucking....seditious.....cunt.....

And the horse he rode into town on....

Edited by obelixtim
  • Like 2